8 weeks pregnant

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. cmlindblom profile image70
    cmlindblomposted 14 years ago

My wife is now 8 weeks pregnant and shes yelling at me for everything

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

be patient with her, in the first three months, the brain of the baby is formed including vital organs, let her eat, Omega3 rich foods, drink milk and protein rich foods, yay, I know because I had five pregnancies and they are all healthy,,,

2. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get used to it kid, this is only the begining.  Wait until you haven't slept for days because the baby cries every two hours at night and she keeps yelling at you because she can't sleep because you're not getting him/her back to sleep fast enough

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62

blood, how are you? I mentioned you in my hub, the latest one,

1. profile image0

I'm doing good. How are you doing?  I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.  Thanks for including me though.  I'm gonna go check it out.

2. cmlindblom profile image70
        cmlindblomposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im a grunt I'm used to not sleeping but yea I can handle it. When she has her moments I just take it. The horrible part is three months after the baby is born I deploy again.

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cmlindblom: Thank you for your service! You'll have great memories of your baby and wife...to keep you "frosty" over there....and help keep you safe. Please, stay as safe as possible!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62

The baby will be your inspiration...take care of your baby after he/she will be born, and while you are not yet deployed

3. profile image0

That sucks!  I'm a vampire when it comes to sleeping, and only get maybe 2 hours a night, but ater my twins were born things were a bit rough for awhile. Just do what it takes to keep her happy, you won't regret it later.  Well I wish you and your family the best.  You have all of my respect for protecting our country and our freedom!

3. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It gets worse just love on her. Remember You may go to work and lift hevy things, but she growing arms and legs smile. It will be so worth it in the end. Good luck.

4. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get used to it! It stays like this until they're all grown!

5. SEGREEN profile image57
      SEGREENposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to you and your wife on your pending new addition.  Take care of yourself when you get overseas.. You will surely miss them and they will miss you tremendiously. 

Thanks for your service.

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

lol you ain't seen nuthin yet! It gets worse, trust me! But then your baby is born and it gets waaay better big_smile

3. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

prepare for the beginning of everything

4. TINA V profile image68
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

The first 3 months of pregnancy is very critical.  You can really notice some change in moods, eating habits, acting timid, and always feeling sleepy.  Just be more patient to your wife.  Do not also forget to let her drink prenatal vitamins with folic acid. This is important for the development of the baby's brain. You can buy this over-the-counter.  You can ask the pharmacist. Take good care of her.

Congratulations too!

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

congrats to you cmlindblom! Good luck and I am truly sorry for you having to leave 3 months after your little child is born. but thank you for your service. I know it's tough. I am a Navy wife and hate when he has to leave. sad

6. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

your baby will be proud of you! am sure

7. cmlindblom profile image70
    cmlindblomposted 14 years ago

Thanks people for the advice and appreciation

8. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

CM congratulations on the baby! So awesome an experience.

Just please her for now, it'll be better in the end.

I'm a Marine's Mom and I worry over him like crazy sometimes. He's in Afghanistan helping to make life better there. Is that where you will go?

I'll pray for you over there and for your family here, and I'm so sorry you have to deploy when your child is so young. Make as big an imprint on the baby as you can before you leave, and the bond is strong. Good luck and don't forget to call your mom!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)