Do you have a favorite christmas tradition?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

What are your favorite christmas traditions?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi kirsten, thanks BTW,

I always am with children before Christmas day, 24th, I feed them here and cooked in the house, these children are from neighborhood and they go here every Saturday to eat lunch here, they play afterwards too,,,

I go to church on that day, send Christmas cards to all friends and relatives, done that already..

contact every relative and greet them too..

good post, merry xmas kirsten, hope all your wishes and everybody here at HP comes true,,,

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Opening one present on Christmas Eve.

2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes...eat and drink lots till I burst and cry!!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lollollollol

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

sneaking to my neighbors homes early and depositing goodies like home made candy, cookies and such among other things.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so sweet~~  now that my sons are older, we pick a child's name off an angel tree and buy gifts for the child.

and one I've done since a child~~ we leave Christmas lights on all night on Christmas Eve.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.... And Getting Off with all their Good Stuff lol

3. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really like this one big_smile wish I was your neighbor now lol

4. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, if you didn't tell me that you were coming over before hand, you'd never get past the alarm system and the dogs...So just drop me a line before coming over!

4. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

of course kissing under the mistletoe, kissing behind the christmas tree, kissing under the table with a hot turkey ready to be served, kissing Santa when he arrives with the presents, kissing next to the fire...

Did I mention kissing?

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great tradition

2. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

My wife has this tradition...where we find a tree branch (looks kind of like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree)and paint it white. This was her tradition from Costa Rica....where that was often the only tree they could get.

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I live very far away from my family so for the past few years I have tried to stay up real late so that I can call them or they can call me before they have their christmas dinner so that they can feel that I am there with them in spirit!

I am not sure how its going to work this year tho sad. There has been a major falling out between my dad and his sisters, he took out a restraining order against them last autumn because of money sad. They had an argument about my late grandmothers estate and the money, its really sad because my dad and his sisters have always been very close. They grew up in a violent house as kids (not grandma, she was a saint, grand dad was the problem before he died and grandma managed to find a good man that I could call grandpa growing up) and relied on each other to get through it all. I guess I will call dad and ask my aunts to call me and try to arrange it so that the calls are not at the same time.

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I'll  have Santa deliver them to you two. ho ho ho

8. fireflies mom profile image60
    fireflies momposted 14 years ago

The famous Christmas Eve family dinner....not to mention the pool of who's car is gonna get smashed first from playing "tractor pulls" with the snowmobiles, lol.  Gotta love the redeck holiday games!

9. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

For my family, it's ALL about the tree!

10. Sa Toya profile image85
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Getting all the decorations up ESP. the TREE! All the cooking's done on Christmas Eve- we help my mom and gran

I  absolutely love sitting in the live with my family with all the lights off apart from the Christmas lights and those on the tree and we watch our fave Christmas shows like The Grinch especially the original one.

Oh! and waking up early to open presents together

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Blueberry muffins!

12. dejajolie profile image60
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

Listening to Christmas carols and making home-made decorations....drinking hot chocolate (only time of year I drink it)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)