Oh crap! Armageddon

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (73 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

If you watched the president's speech on Afghanistan the other day then you know that he called the war a religious one.

Personally, the president scares me to death and I nearly hate him.  With that said...

I was flipping through channels just a few minutes ago and saw just a few words on Amanpour speaking with the president of Afghanistan.

Hopefully someone else caught the whole broadcast but this is what I heard him say.

"By all means necessary, by all means necessary, by all means necessary.  I will by all means necessary help the people of Afghanistan."

Mrs. Amanpour suddenly looked afraid, very afraid and abruptly ended the interview with him.  She looked extremely worried to me.

Did the president of Afghanistan just threaten us?  Obama got his wish in asking for help from the British with his request to have at least 6,000 more troops to help over there.  He get's more then he asked for.

Are we gonna get nuked?  I am being serious, the whole idea of America helping liberate the people and defeat the Taliban seems like a facades.

I think it is strange that Obama thinks it's a good idea to tell the entire world he is sending more troops there.  I think it is strange that he tells the world that he has a plan to start withdrawing in 2011 and I think it is even more strange that he just told them where he is going to put the troops too.

Now, I am not a war strategist or anything like that but why would you tell your enemy where you will be?  Why would he call it a religious war, why would he bring up 911 and the hunt for what's his face and then say that the guy they are hunting down isn't even there.

Because he announces that it is a religious war, I don't know what this really is other then the feeling that he is setting up for Armageddon. 

The timing seems right, the circumstances seem right, Obama seems more like a third world leader... dictator then anything else.

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that any country would dare, they would be annihalated easily. I wouldn't worry. Plus if a nuke falls on you you'll die quickly.

1. marinealways24 profile image60
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol You do have some good points.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paranoia will destroyya

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you think I am the paranoid one. lol  Obama rules! lol

3. Dim Flaxenwick profile image79
      Dim Flaxenwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

couldn't agree with you more. I keep expecting any day now to see two horns growing out of Obamas' forehead. He scares me to death too

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

oh jeez Sandra i hope you are wrong and we don't get nuked that is too scary to think.

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Hmmm, India and Pakistan nearby with their nukes.....

4. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Um...

1. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Afghanistan doesn't have nukes? big_smile

1. profile image0

And the Taliban isn't really in Afghanistan either but on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan but mostly in Pakistan.

1. myownworld profile image74
          myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Taliban in pakistan were originally trained by American CIA to fight russians in Afghanistan...so it's actually a monster of their own creation that has grown too big for them to fight!
          Besides, it IS the war in Afghanistan that has pushed them over the border into waziristan...so what then...are they going to now enter into another country and turn it into another afghanistan?
          it's endless....and meanwhile one country after another is being turned into war zone....

1. tantrum profile image61
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true. Talibans were used once by USA and now they're used again,in another way .

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But if we were to put all of our troops in one place; the taliban and their allies totally leave the area; appearing that we have won? Everyone in Afghanistan are seen as our allies, Why wouldn't they nuke us and our allies?

Scary  if ya think about it.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you completely stupid? Who exactly is going to nuke the allied forces? The Taliban do not have nuclear weapons, else they would have used them a long time ago.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
            Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Such a way with words. smile

2. Jerami profile image58

Considering that these extremists want nothing more than to bring about the end of their Jihad, I think that they would use any means available to do something like that. Maybe not nukes but something just as demoralizing.  I mentioned it as a possability only.

1. profile image0

Please explain how the president of Afghanistan relates in any way to extremism or Jihad, this thread is about Hamid Karzai. Educate yourself so that you can distinguish between extremists and the good people, Karzai is an ally of the Americans and does not want them to leave the country.

1. Jerami profile image58

Unless the Hamid Karzai is a member of the Taliban I wasn't talking about him doing anything. He would then be an ally of the us.

1. profile image0

Well get off this thread then, the original post referred to the president of Afghanistan - who is Hamid Karzai. If you haven't got anything constructive or relevant to say then don't say anything at all.

1. profile image0
                    A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan will be giving a lecture on making friends and influencing people in the near future!

2. profile image0

According to the interview, which I posted, it seems plausible that Karzai is Taliban.

He tries to make a distinction between the 'good' Taliban and the 'bad' Taliban. It seems more like Amerika is allies with the Taliban.

Read between the lines, this is what it looks like.

1. profile image0

Karzai used to be a member of the Taliban, he has openly admitted this. He later left, and his father was assasinated by The Taliban as a result. He is now very anti-Taliban and very critical of America for providing them with weapons. Please remember that The Taliban were not the group of people that attacked America on 9/11 though, and have not been responsible for any deaths in the West, Americans and British should perhaps remember that. The Taliban have not blown up tube trains in London and Madrid, or flown planes into Stock Markets.

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

It doesn't surprised me at all !
    I never understood why a lot of people bought Obama's hoax ?
    I'm very sorry !

6. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Everybody's got nukes!

7. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I'll have to try to see if I can find that interview.  I really hate conspiracy theories, but maybe this is plausible?
    Is Obama setting up for Helter Skelter? hmm tongue

I agree that it is suspicious to announce the entire plan to the world.  What's up with that?

8. profile image0

We have no business being there.Period.

9. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I'm not American so that's why I might come across as thick, but didn't people vote Obama in because he was going to recall the troops?

1. eyeofh profile image59
      eyeofhposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People voted Obama in because "Change" makes a great bumper sticker.  Sadly, that is as deep as it got!

1. profile image0

Funny as hell and unfortunately true!

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup.  "Change".

10. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Who would nuke America? The Taliban do not have nukes, Al Quaeda do not have nukes.

India are allies of the west, Pakistan are fighting the Taliban themselves, Russia have had a war with Afghanistan, China are making money from this war, the UK are Americas allies, Isreal are American allies, and North Korea have nothing whatsoever to do with Afghanistan.

The president of Afghanistan has no access whatsoever to nuclear weapons, and was probably himself referring to the battle against the Taliban. Remember that the current Afghan leaders are not extremists and work closely with the USA.

And that's the whole point.
      What people believe to be facts, sometimes  turn into a farse.

2. myownworld profile image74

exactly! I am at the moment in south asia...on a trip to study the taliban and the refugee crisis here in pakistan....and trust me, all these so called talibans are just poor fanatics who are obviously being supplied by the latest state of the art ammunition that just doesn't make sense how it ended up in their hands....! And the civilian deaths adding up every day is just not being reported in the media! absolute crisis here....

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

MYO you a journalist by chance ?

smile Im actually training as a psychiatrist here in london but I like to study and work with poor people all over the world (social work projects)...it's a passion with me....so...here I am for a month in pakistan at the moment....

3. profile image0

Wars need to happen so that the latest technologies can be tested.

And so it can stimulate jobs to produce the technology.

1. profile image0

Military/Industrial Complex and all.....

2. profile image0

With no wars the world would not need to test the latest weapons of death, and the worlds scientists could concentrate on curing disease and preventing natural disasters.

1. profile image0

Or building a base on the Moon decades ago as a jump=off point to further colonization efforts on Mars. I'm such a Sci-Fi geek big_smile

1. profile image0

Not going to happen in our life time mate, at least unless they find the secret to eternal life in the next half a century and we each make millions of pounds from adsense to pay for it lol

1. profile image0

Hmmm, with a defense budget of $500 Billion, you'd think some of that could have gone to space exploration. That's it, I'm putting a bikini pic for my avatar to raise the needed funds big_smile

lol

(@ tony: don't worry...am ok...and quite fearless! wink

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … index.html

OMFG!!! They cut it out!  I swear it on my life that he said what he said but the cut off the last couple minutes of the interview.  OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

That doesn't look good ! sad

5. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 14 years ago

@MYO just be careful over there please !
      @ Sandra I am not surprised I was going to write a hub the other day about a congressperson , and the Information I had originally seen had dissapeared off the face of the earth . So I beleive you

1. profile image0

This is happening a lot. sad

6. profile image0

I don't doubt that, MYO smile

smile it's actually quite fascinating to be at the centre of things....and see how people can sit far away and support these wars....! I say, come talk to the common man here on the streets....you'll see how they're all sick to death of these wars, talibans and american govt. alike!

1. tony0724 profile image61
          tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

MYO we here stateside are getting pretty sick of American Gov,t too ! Pass that onto the people there please .

1. profile image0

Thanks to Cold War Baby, when referring to America the Government, we now use AmeriKa. lol 

At least it has caught on with me. smile  I love America, but do not support AmeriKa

2. myownworld profile image74

big_smile I will....and just to let u know the average pakistani is as far removed from taliban as u can ever imagine....and actually wants them (along with nato forces) the hell out of their country! the refugee crises and civilians deaths everyday are crippling in numbers.....and the hospitals are overflowing with children and women....! unbelievable really....so much for this war on terror!

7. profile image0

We, for the most part, are fed what we want to hear by the Government. Conspiracy-theorist? Perhaps. But, you see more than I probably ever will.

8. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years ago

nukes are fubar.

9. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I do not know who the engineer of the train is. I just know how fast it's going and which dierction it is going in.
         Time to hunker down and watch and see.

10. profile image0

Drivin' my train...

1. profile image0

High on cocaine

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
          Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Casey Jones you better, watch your speed.
          Trouble ahead, trouble behind...

2. eyeofh profile image59
          eyeofhposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Casey Jones you better watch your speed!

11. quietnessandtrust profile image60
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

The illusion of the people in charge is that they are in charge.
      Puppets are an illusion believed upon by children.
      Illusions lead to a conclusion of delusion.

What we are told are "facts", the facts concocted by puppeteers.
      We are given a perception from an illusion that has nothing to do with truth.

Children love 2 things, puppets and Kool-aide.

and something to believe.

12. Clara Ghomes profile image60
      Clara Ghomesposted 14 years ago

Don't know much about it but one thing is for sure.. i juts loved the movie Armageddon.. big_smile

It made tons of money. Good marketing and money to be made off of Armageddons. How much did the movie 2012 bring in?

13. mobilephone guide profile image60
      mobilephone guideposted 14 years ago

cool fireworks, just leave me out of it.

probably enough to buy themselves a spaceship/ark ticket.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

movie was better~~~ wink

another conspiracy thread....

14. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

We are now accepting applications for new members at our church!

15. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years ago

I thought this thread was about the Bruce Willis Movie from a few years ago.

16. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years ago

and you know that notion just crossed my mind?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)