DEVINE IINTERVENTION

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Jeromeo profile image61
    Jeromeoposted 15 years ago

As Creator of the Universe, God/Jehovah claims all of us as His.  This means Saint or Sinner, at one point or another, He will have a hands on effect in your life.

I remember once when I was about 10 or 11 years old; while playing on a two story roof.  Jumping back and forth form my downstairs, neighbor's porch.  The owner of the resturant, the roof belonged to, came out and hollered at us Kids to get off his roof.

Every body leaped, for the opposit - porch - bannister. I, jumped then, seemed to black out for a moment, when I came to I was hanging over the gangway, between the two buildings, by my finger tips.

Everyone, including the returant owner, thought that I had fallen into the glass strewn gangway, below.

I know it was not a conscienous effort on my part to grab the tin flashing that now held me.  My young friends reached over and pulled me up.  Each one amazed at my survival, including myself.

I can only say that it must have been [Devine Itervention] that saved me that day.  It took me well into, my [Adult Hood,] to acknowledfe God in my life.  Now I know He's always been there.

Do you have any stories of un-explained survival that you feel were the result of Devine Intervention.

If so please share them in this thread, along with any other Spritual, awarness, or elightenment that accompanied, the event.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Many stories and I shall tell you one of them know.My book "Ponder Awhile"was ready with its words but the cover and design were of a poor quality and I was  not satisfied.I requested the book stores to stop ordering more copies till I come out with another better edition.Then I met this old English gentleman Govinda in the restaurant I frequently visit Prems.He loved my book ,said I was genius and designed my book for free.He turned out to be an award winning designer and he jokes -you are blessed you have award winnning designers falling into your lap.He asked me if I knew an artist and I had just chatted with my class mate Alka who is a very good artist and she gave me my cover. Everything just fell into place.smile Divine intervention.

Another story.
        Sailing of the coast of Florida we were encountering stormy conditions and I went on the deck to lash things down with the crew members (I was a cadet).We were securing the pontoons and were on top of hatch 1 which is close to the front and hatch 7 was near the bridge.Suddenly a tsunami hit us from behind.It was this huge wall of water 40-45 feet high which luckily came from astern or the back and the accomodation took the brunt of it.By the time it reached us it was till our feet level (we were on the hatch roughly 1.25 meters high),ships lenght roughly 170 mtrs a small ship.Tank covers weighing 90 kgs disappeared from the deck with the power.No one believed we surivided the tsunami.:)Divine intervention.smile

2. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Once I was driving, umm...under the influence, (but not since) I ran a red light, watched the headlights of a big truck coming right at my driverside window and just like an angel was standing by, something jerked the wheel and led me to safety. 

You bet I learned my lesson!

3. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

When I was small I lived on a house on a hill. And my parents left the car doors unlocked. It was an older car and I was really small, like 3 or something. I shifted that car and it started to roll down the hill. At the bottom of the hill there is an intersection and a straightaway to a bridge over a brook. Because of the car moving I feel in a way I could only see the car roof and a little bit of trees and sky moving above the car (rolling down hill). I don't know if they light turned red on the sideways traffic but the car stayed strait and rolled past it (had to do at least 40) and kept rolling and stopped on the other side of the bridge. My parents and neighbors were amazed I didn't get hit or died. There wasn't even a scratch on the car smile

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

I have held my experiences in my heart during this life. But they were definitely meant to awaken and keep awake my soul and mind to divine reality as well as the evil realm.
    looking back on my life now, I was well protected in so far as the response to my idiot and self destructive actions smile "going where angels fear to tread" was in my astrology. rebellious soul I was.

I used to awaken every time my older sister would go sleep walking, I always saved her from some accidents. I was saved from several accidents that should have been much worse, but I got away with little injury.

Then when I started consciously seeking God, the s*** really began to hit the fan. I either was ignorant and saved from catastrophe or in my belligerence was given a saving grace. A very stubborn mind I had. Oh, the patience of angels big_smile Humility became a virtue hard won, God is the doer, not I smile

I will share one.

When my two youngest children who were 4 and 9 I drove a country paper delivery route  of 150 miles everyday of the week.They were always with me.  On weekends I had to drive it at night.

One night in the spring rainy season, I was coming around a curve with a deep ravine to the right and no guard rails. In the heavy rain, I purposefully turned toward the inner of the curve against the hill to stay as far away from the ravine as possible for concern of sliding  mud. I hit a huge rock that caused my four wheel vehicle to "jump?" toward the ravine side of the road. Just as we were about to go over the edge into the ravine, the vehicle was "picked up?" and placed back on the road safely to the other side.

As the vehicle was being placed back on the road I heard the words..."it is not her time!" The whole scene I experienced as feeling as if I were a game piece on a chess board, being used to create whatever God had in store for our team and to thwart the "evil" of the other team.

I definitely learned that I am walking the path of God's doing and not ultimately my own. big_smile

Lovely I am touched.smile
      Regards
      Mohit

2. mohitmisra profile image60

I know you are well read and was wondering if you have read Brian Weiss books.He talks about his patients having a near death experience and is very interseting.They are given the same words" its not your time" or "you are not ready" these are considered angels or gaurdians of god of the light what Sandra has come across and they decide if you are ready or not.They are also working for God.smile

5. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

Wow Jewel and Jeromeo those are pretty intense stories of intervention. 

I have another one.

In 2004,  I had a reaction to a drug I took, not a narcotic or illeagle substance.  So when I got to the hospital ready to kill over,  I looked at the ER and there was a women on a stretcher coming by me as I passed her. 

I got wierded out because she looked exactly like me, exactly like me!  She was pregnant and smiling.

The medics and nurses kept asking me the same questions over and over again, and I thought I had answered them over and over again.  Then there was a fireman standing at the foot of the stretcher,  I looked at the clock, it had only been 10 minutes tops since I called the ambulance, the fireman grabbed my feet.  I realized then that I couldn't feel or move anything, then I heard a buzz in my head, everything went black, but my eyes felt open, and I prayed.  God do what you will with me, but I am sorry and I do not want to die. 

Of couse when I woke up the next day I had all sorts of tubes and crap in and on every part of my body, the doctors said I was ready to have a heart attack ect....anyways, almost exactly a year later, I had my girl Morgan. 

I think that is devine intervention.  smile

6. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Sandra, sounds like your now and future consicousness became one in that moment. You were allowed to see you were being saved not only for your own good but for your daughter's too. smile

In that I truly believe we all have a purpose in life, and that no one else can bring forth what we are meant to do, and that means children and their mission too, I always feel humbled at the fact of being a parent.

I have a close friend that works in a hospital as a nurse. Through the years she has been in emergency and infant wings, and always has a story where her prayers saved the seemingly  unsaveable and sometimes without her prayers, too, there were miracles and strange happenings.

7. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

<Don't read this, I'm invisible>

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)