3 WAYS EXERCISE HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)
  1. kayus4321irka profile image56
    kayus4321irkaposted 14 years ago

For obese people,exercise can be a tedious task in a bid to lose weight.Starting an exercise program for most people even when they don't have fat or weight issues,is like an insurmountable mountain.They most often than not fear if they would ever be able to complete or finish the exercise program.

It takes a great deal of disciple and determination for anyone having weight or fat problems to see any lasting result in shedding those fat.However,no matter how long it may take for you to lose any pound of weight,the journey towards it is worthwhile.Remember that a journey of a thousand miles,start with a step.And the first step towards losing weight is exercise.

You might have tried a few exercise program but you can't just see any change.Perhaps,you are one of those that believe exercise never works.Take a deep breath as i show you 3 tested and proven ways exercise help shed those fat.

#1 BUILD MUSCLE
    The old perception was that muscle building leads to muscle bulking and before long,gorging forearms veins and other unwanted results.Actually,this is not the case.Women are very weary of undertaking any exercise that would lead to muscle building.

You should know that even if you are a woman,muscle building causes no harm to your figure provided that you are not supporting the workouts with specific muscle building supplements.

Muscle building is an exceptionally powerful way to boost metabolism.A pound of muscle burns more calories than a pound of fat.In other words,if you have more muscle on your body[anywhere on your body]you will simply burn more calories as a result.You don't ever have to do anything.You simply lose weight because muscle require more of an energy investment.

Let me say this,if you leave this muscle building exercise alone overtime,the muscle fibres will weaken and it stop burning that fat.However,all you need to do is to go back to the exercise program.More importantly,you should remember that once you start building muscle,your body will itself start burning more calories.This may surprise you.Even while you sleep,or go to a movie,or read a book,your body will burn those calories.It is like putting your weight loss program on autopilot.

The more fat you transform into muscle,the more calories you will burn to maintain that new muscle.

#2 INTERVAL TRAINING
    Have you heard about catabolism?What is it and what it does.For the records,catabolism is a process by which your body cells are broken down,in order to burn calories.The basic logic in weight loss is how catabolism takes place in your body.

Essentially,if you can engineer your body to require more energy,your body will comply by breaking cells down to deliver it and that process burns calories.This is where interval training fits in with the overall plan.

Interval training is simply adding high energy burning component to your exercise plan on an infrequent,or interval basis.for example,if you can jog for 20 minutes everyday,and thus put your heart in a cardiovascular bzone during this time.this certainly,will help you burn calories.yet you can actually burn disproportionately more calories if,during that 20 minutes jog,you add a 30 seconds or 1 minute sprint.

why?because during this 30 seconds or 1minutes,you give your body an interval jolt.By giving your body an interval jolt,it automatically and somewhat unexpectedly you need extra energy at that moment.to compensate for your extra energy requirement,the body will burn more calories.

#3 VARIETY
    As you know that variety is the spice of life.But,so many people don't apply this to their exercise program,which surprisingly,leads to valuable weight loss.

The variety of exercise here is that you break up a longer routine into smaller parts.For example,instead of having a 1workout for 1hour a day,it can be split into 2workout for 30minutes or even on some occasions,3workouts for 20minutes.

In addition,you may not need to formally exercise You can take the start the stairs instead of the elevator.you can start your day with a brisk walk instead of a coffee and the newspaper or instead of parking close to the grocery store entrance you can walk the distance between a far away parking spot and the entrance.

Interestingly,you stand to have fun with exercise program and your body is able to work efficiently in the process of weight loss.
    <URL snipped - no links in the Forums>

1. profile image50
      amoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The course is designed to initiate students onto the path of yoga and prepare one to teach others. The program offers a strong foundation in asana, concentrating on alignment, vinyasa (flow,) strength, and breath. Emphasis is placed on the development of one’s personal practice, as well as, teaching methodology and its practical application. Classical yogic philosophy is interwoven throughout the program, drawing on Vedantic and Tantric beliefs. Students receive a thorough education in Anatomy and Physiology as it pertains to a yoga practice.The program also includes daily yogic chanting andmeditation. yoga teacher training course

2. Dan_Solaris profile image58
    Dan_Solarisposted 14 years ago

Great post! With regards to interval training, I noticed firsthand how effective it is when I lost body fat at a rapid rate when I joined a martial arts gym (Tae Kwon Do). All my workout programs before that paled in comparison to the fast results I got from all the stretching, kicking and jumping around which I'm sure qualifies as interval training. I'm guessing it has something to do with keeping the heart rate (and calorie-burning) up. wink

3. StevenCavendish profile image60
    StevenCavendishposted 14 years ago

Great post. I'll also second (or third?) the comments regarding the benefits of interval training. When I started doing it I did notice a significant increase in the benefits from my exercise.

4. johnmce profile image60
    johnmceposted 14 years ago

Definitely agree with your 3rd point about variety. Mixing up your exercise routine has 2 benefits-

1) it keeps your body guessing, meaning you don't become complacent in your workout- when this happens you stop pushing yourself

2) Because its more interesting you're less likely to slack off from your routine

5. fred hensel profile image57
    fred henselposted 14 years ago

I don't like the word dieting although it is a common jargon for losing weight. There are a number of good programs out there, some excellent ones. There are some practical exercise programs also.  So why do so many people fail to have lasting results?
    We hear things like "I lost my motivation" as if we lost our keys or someTHING. "I had too much stress". Are you better able to handle stress when you are fit or fat? "I don't have the time now". Exercise takes too much time but a Big Mack and  fries with a Diet Coke at McDonalds with the kids is in the schedule?

Obviously, there is another factor that is often missed that is key to lasting results. I believe it is the ability to master our own psychology. Often there is a conflict in our mind between one or more beliefs, values, or strategies. On Oprah or Dr. Phil, someonecoaches their success stories thru the conflicts onto success. Who is there for you?

Obesity or just being overweight has for many a deeply emotional impact. Being alone through the process is likely to put someone in the position of not being able "to see the forrest for the trees". Constructive professional support and coaching to help master the psychology of weight loss issues is often essential for lasting change.

As a Master Hypnotist and Life Coach I have seen how this type of change not only helps people reach and maintain weight goals but overflows positively into other area of life like relationships and career.

6. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 14 years ago

interval training works. for me, it is mainly quick bursts of speed, sprints for the most part since I was a collegiate tennis player and basketball on a recreational level.
    you burn more fat, sculpt your body in better ways.

case in point...sprinter's body vs long distance runner. I prefer to be somewhere in between, sprints and distance.

7. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Ocbill, I like the comparison. You don’t see many overweight sprinters but you can see many overweight people out jogging.

From personal experience, I’ve noticed a great improvement in my fitness since moving to interval based workouts.

Reason interval training is good for overweight people, like myself, is it reduces the likelihood of repetition based injuries.

Jogging for a longer period puts a sustained strain on the joints and can ultimately lead to injury. Being unable to workout can lead to a loss of motivation and potentially weight gain, through the associated emotional fallout.

8. TomasBusse profile image57
    TomasBusseposted 14 years ago

Adding a little dried fruits and nuts in your diet daily will have a positive result, as against food or snacks that you eat. They are rich in proteins and fiber containing nutritional value.....

9. Anna Irvine profile image59
    Anna Irvineposted 14 years ago

In additition to my 20 min jogs 5 out of 7 days a week, I have been dieting.  But I don't like the word dieting, because it implies a temporary eating plan.  What I've really done is adjust how much, how often, and what I eat, on a permanent basis. I usually only eat 2 meals a day, and snack if I have to.  I have added some basic outlines to my eating habits:
    -eat fruits and vegtables as often as I want, and always add veggies to a meal
    -veggies make a great snack, if I have to feel full, I eat a salted tomato or some crunchy celery
    -I can successfully satisfy a sweet tooth with a nice fruit snack
    -Cut down on carbs; and especially try to avoid gluten (wheat products), as I think I have an intollerance to it, it makes me look and feel "puffy."
    -It's hard to go to bed hungry, so I bend the "don't eat at night rule" and let myself have a full meal at dinner time, followed with a fruit dessert or veggie snack later.  for other meals, I will watch my portions, and I don't mind being a bit hungry throughout the day.

This is my personal plan, and it seems to be working for me.  But I'll tell you, this is the first time I have changed my eating habits and I'm seeing results, and I'm convinced that it's the exercise that is boosting my weight loss.  First off, it burns calories.  It also boosts metabolism. Thirdly, it gets my mind off eating, and has replaced "recreational eating" with actual recreation!

10. profile image0
    motivFITposted 14 years ago

Interval Training is by far the best way to lose weight, drop body fat and inches!  We have been running outdoor fitness camps in Las Vegas 4 years and have helped 100's of clients with weight loss using Interval Training and High-Intensity Training!  Nice post!

Jeff

11. FemaleAbs profile image39
    FemaleAbsposted 14 years ago

Nice post!

If I may add:

Variety in workouts also helps build more muscle by working out different muscle groups. More muscle=Higher metabolism=More fat burned. smile

Cheers

12. joecseko profile image62
    joecsekoposted 14 years ago

Oh, sure! Let's sort this out so that it's actually based on some degree of fact and science!!!!

Catabolism? NO, you never, ever want to enter a catabolic state. Catabolism refers to the destruction and subsequent metabolism of lean mass!!!! While "catabolic" foods are best added to a diet for weight loss, this is a "buzz term", and refers to foods in which peristalsis requires more calories than the food provides.

Shanekruger, you're an idiot and a spammer! You can't "loose" weight, moron!

Bravo, Anna Irvine! Diet is the plan in which we use to effectively provide what or body needs to excel. In most cases, diet does notate a temporary mindset. Whether I'm at a high of 190 lbs or a low of 164 lbs, my diet consists of what foods I need to focus oon my goals.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)