A Hubber Who Needs Support And Love (James A Watkins)

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (31 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

A new hubber sent me a personal e-mail and asked that I begin this thread it is not often that a person as compassionate and caring as Petra Vlah would even think about assisting another especially being so new at HP.

Many have struggled this year and that I can certainly attetst to, but in this community a majority of us take the time to listen, understand and are compassionate about our fellow hubbers regardless if they are naughty or nice, we love them just the same.

There is a hubber on HP who is not asking for people to feel sorry for him, he is asking that we read and understand that there is not a person who cannot walk through the doors that many of us have walked through. Some of us have shared our stories and others of us are to embarassed but regardless he only needs our hub support and so I am asking that each individual who has the compassion of another human being reach out and give some hub love to him, after all we are a community that for some odd reason cares about each other more then we will ever know.

Please read,  http://hubpages.com/hub/Home-for-Sale-Owner-Bankrupt from one of my favorite hubbers and he is not asking for pity, he is asking for friends and support from a community that is one of the most caring communities that many of us have ever been in, regardless of our beliefs we should be supportive. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah to each and every hubber! smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

My heart goes out to James...I hope everything truly works out for him. That is so sad. sad *HUGS JAMES!!!!!!!!!*

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

keeping good thoughts for James and his family.

http://i45.tinypic.com/t4xooy.jpg

thank you for posting this AE.

4. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Thank you for the heads up to help a fellow hubber.

James, you and your family are in my prayers. I firmly believe God may not always give us what we want, but He will provide what we need. God Bless, Holly

5. AEvans profile image71

He is a wonderful and warm human being and is experiencing the same trials and tribulations all of us have been going through, Petra was a gem for bringing it to my attention, yes I posted it but Petra was so passionate the only thing I could do was say "Yes." His e-mail was so touching and if you get a chance thank him too!!
    Please keep the hub love going so he knows that all of us cares.smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that he IS, no doubt.

6. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Thank you so much Julianna for starting this thread and let people know about a fellow Huber in need.

I hope our community will show love and support for one of its best, most active and talented writers.

I hope that our Christmas spirit will materialize in giving a hand to a friend when he needs it most. One of James’s personal friends will set up an account Monday and details will be posted here.
    It is not about the amount you give as a Christmas present, it is about your Christmas spirit that will assure James of our friendship and support.

Please follow this thread and show your appreciation and generosity.

Thank you all and God bless

7. adamareangere profile image68
    adamareangereposted 14 years ago

Hub love for James and family! Wish I could give more this season, but I'll pray and send a lot of support his way!

8. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

James: AE is right when she says folks care about each other more than we'll ever know.
    You mention in your hub that you have made mistakes. I'd like to talk about that for a minute.

I'm in a similar situation. I live in an expensive neighborhood, I drive a new vehicle (not paid up yet), and I eat ramen noodles most days. I've gone to a food bank even. Some weeks I have to choose between food and medication.
    I start to feel like it is my own fault for having nicer things when I should have made more "safe" choices. Then I remind myself that when I moved here, I made more than enough money to cover my things with savings left over. Additionally, I had a health problem since the move that contributed to my wipe-out.

I had a very stable job in a stable industry, but in Wayne County MI, there is no safe place.

Here is my point: you'll do what you need to, and you'll survive. I won't say "It's only stuff, get over it" because that is not true. You worked for it and you earned it.
    It is easy for folks to say it is the economy's fault and brush it off. With this situation though, there is something to be considered. Our tiniest mistakes are being amplified because every possible safety net is gone. It's not the reckless and careless people who are going under. Those of us who have been responsible are having our feet cut out from under us.
    Don't think that your own mistakes have put you in this situation. There really is nothing you did to bring this on yourself.

I suspect you know all of this is true, but if you are like me you have moments of doubt that are devastating. So file this away for a day when you need a reminder.

Peace and strength
    Jen

AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do have moments of doubt and it is devastating we lost it all and I was so angry! So angry I started to cut-off my own friends and family drove by our home was so peeved I became sick to my stomach,I couldn't stand when someone said blame it on sub-prime borrowers we had impeccable credit the biggest mistake we made was re-financing and that certainly is a serious lesson learned! What a tangled web the banks weaved dragging everyone into there sinister ways, knowing that every last American was somehow some way going to be effected and we were one of them. Lay-offs, sickness everything hit us at one time, we worked our behinds off and we have been to food banks and we were responsible just like yourself. I also wrote about my situation on HP but we have kept the strength to continue on our Journey the only thing we can do is bounce back and so many of us will because we are strong and the only way back is climbing back up. I certainly will book mark this as a reminder that all of us have been effected and all of us will make our way back. smile

9. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

AEvans,thanks for this thread i could share my feelings too. I feel so moved for this to happen to one of the finest writers of Hubpages. May he get the strength to go through this passing tough phase of his life.

10. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

We surely will make it back.
    We got it for ourselves the first time, right?

It has taken me a long time to get to a point where I don't blame myself. Now that I have though, I'm finding I can go about my problems smart & savvy like I used to be able to. This is why I posted here - when this first hit me I spent so much time blaming myself and trying to figure out what I did wrong that I was too exhausted to deal with it.
    Maybe folks can take it to heart, and skip that step for themselves. smile

I'm racing against the balance in my IRA. I think I can make it.

James, you have the strength for this. Allow yourself to grieve.

11. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I can tell you that James is but only one of hundreds of thousands that are facing the exactly the same dilemma. I state this as fact, to which I have written about and warned about in a few of my hubs, certainly not to deny James any support or understanding but too help change the circumstances which he and many like him find themselves in through no fault of their own.

James and I live in the same area of Central Florida and our industries and employment networks have been devastated. Unemployment in our area of the country is well higher than the national average, and people like James (the self employed) are not even included in those figures, nor can most obtain even unemployment compensation.

James and I are of the same conservative mettle and I am sure he would echo my view. The question is how to stop it? I have advocated for a while now that our government’s only concern should be the people in James’s situation, and forget all the Healthcare, Cap in Trade and progressive liberal crap which caused all the problems to begin with.

If you want to help James, and the hundreds of thousands of others like him, “scream” at your leaders to do something about it, at the very least what should be done, especially after TARP, is our President should issue an executive order followed by legislation mandating a temporary moratorium on foreclosures until the economy is back in shape.

This one simple suggestion above would take so much pressure off American families in trouble, troublr thrust upon them by no fault of their own by the way, that they would be able to survive until the economy does have a chance of coming back.

Read a few of my hubs on the situation and see if you do not agree. You most likely will unless you are a supporter of redistributing the wealth.

12. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Thank you for bringing this to light.  It is true, that there are so many in similar situations, but if we all do what we can to help out those closest to us, it should make a difference.  No, not every home and car will be saved, but hopefully, people will not be on the street.

I hear you, Readytoescape, and will take a look at some of your hubs.

I don't know if it will help, but James is looking for readership, so I put an e-mail out to those I know.

13. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you can find the best solution to all this problems.

14. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

He needs people to read his articles, please share it with others. He has nice and good articles worhty of reading,

1. DGMischSr profile image60
      DGMischSrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes the best answer is to get the word out about James Hubs. If his readership increases dramatically it will create an income for him. His articles ARE worthy of reading. The most pressing issues right now are food, electricity & meds for his wife Nancy. A bank account will be set up to help. James doesn't need much, just enough to keep him on track. If he had even a portion of what he's given away to those in need it would be enough. I know as being one of his closest friends all that he says in http://hubpages.com/hub/Home-for-Sale-Owner-Bankrupt is true. It took everything he had in him to write this. So if any hubbers out there can spare even a few dollars it will help greatly. You'll witness a very good man rise from this hell in short order. I know what's on his mind. I know he's also thinking how he can continue to help people when he himself is in desperation. That's the man he is.

1. gracenotes profile image89
        gracenotesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DGMisch,
        Thank you for following up and putting the word out on James' situation.  I want to help in some way, and it's nice of you to coordinate this.  In the meantime, I am praying for James and his wife through their struggle.

15. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I am at a loss of words. I do not what to say but wish him luck.

16. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

This is happening SO MUCH MORE than most people realize. Half the people I know are going through the same thing or have already gone through it. Between 2005 and now a house I own in Indiana lost over 75% of its value, and that's an optimistic assessment. At this point I thank God the bank is finally taking it back. Tried to sell it for two years and NOT ONE person even looked at it, nevermind made an offer. Tried to rent it for four months and ended up with a relative in there who has already moved on. Some parts of the U.S. are a real mess, and we're not getting this in the news, not really. Florida is very bad. The midwest is bad. Nevada is bad.

17. AEvans profile image71

How wonderful all of you are I knew we were a tight knit community , thank you so much for responding. smile

18. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

Thank you DGMischSr

We are waiting for you to open the account for James and give us the information so we can send the money as soon as possible.

Thank you gracenotes for offering help and prayers,

James needs our prayers, but at this time some real help (a Christmas gift) will make a big difference. Recommanding his hubs to people is a great idea and will also help a lot.

and thank you AEvans for starting this thread

Let’s show James our Hub community is strong, grateful and generous.

No need to Thank me , it is well deserved and he is one of the kindest hubbers I have met here on HP. smile

19. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

A man with such character and honesty will prevail.  I honestly believe this to be true.

20. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

This is terrible. James is one of my favorite hubbers. I always enjoy his articles, and he reads mine regularly, also. What a shame that this should happen to such a great guy.

He is strong and he will get through it! smile

21. GL Bell profile image60
    GL Bellposted 14 years ago

James you may want to take a look at this website. I  hesitate to post this link here but its worth a look at. I donated to this women and it is save and a legitamate website. Every year our Christmas tradition is to find at least one person in need and help them as much as we can. so please have a look and read up on this it may offer a solution for your problem. Best Wishes and Merry Christmas!!!

http://www.digitalcharity.com/m.php?id=118112

Good luck my friend,
    GL Bell

22. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I am sorry I can not help..I am not even able to give my child a chridstmas really this year, I might not even be home, but hospitalized for Christmas, as I was for Thanksgiving and her birthday. I will soon be in your situation, I do understand...My medical bills have overcome me and my SSI is just barely paying the bills, I choose 1 or 2 bills to skip every month, and I know they will not let me continue this for much longer.
    My volunteering is not doing well, so no extra help since the week of thanksgiving.I figure if they want my belongings, they can have them, my daughter and my meds to keep my heath back up, once it gets there, are way more important.
    I understand and feel for you.
    I am glad someone is helping you, someday, I might find the same kind of luck.

"K"

23. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I hope that for James, or anyone else who is going through a hard time, that things pick up in this upcoming year.

24. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

all he need is readership so he can earn from here too, let us encourage our friends to read his articles,,

25. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

please read his hubs too

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)