Relationship

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image49
    dmoatswiposted 15 years ago

Assuming, a wife reaches menopause when the husband is still active. Is the husband aloowed to go out?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No! He's married. The wife's menopause has nothing to do with the husband wanting to be unfaithful. Her menopause is just as natural as the husband going bald...should she be allowed to cheat because of that? Of course not. Sorry I think that is an absolute stupid notion. (my nickels worth)

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Menopause does not stop a woman from being "active"

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

...in fact some menopausal women can be keener on sex, because there's no longer any risk of unwanted pregnancy.

In my view, a husband is allowed to "go out", as you put it, so long as he discussed it with his wife and she agrees to an open relationship.  Which means, of course, that she is allowed to "go out" too.  That would apply at any age or stage of a marriage.

Any husband who sees other women without his wife's consent is being unfaithful and that's unforgivable.

3. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

It's not cheating if both parties agree, and both parties have equal right to take a lover. I think it would be good for the wife in this case to take a lover.

Let's face it, younger men have more stamina than older men, although they may need some pointers on technique wink - all menopausal women should have a lover in his late 20s for a while.

A woman's sexual desire peaks at age 36, a man's at age 18, so they match really well when she is in her late 40s/early 50s and he is in his late 20s/early 30s. Plus, he has the benefit that she is not trying to tie him down and reproduce with him - it's all fun and no responsibility.

Let the menopausal women of the world run free, I say!

Jenny

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's odd, I left an abusive marriage...many many years ago...for the longest time my only ccomment to hearing about a wedding to take place was "..another one bites the dust"
      Here I am defending the old ways... I think the vows between a husband and wife should be sacred. The wife going through menopause should not be an excuse for him to step out so to say. Because he has an itch in his pants (sorry, don't want to be crude) does not absolve him of the contract he and his wife have. Values in todays society seem to be going down the sh***er I'm sad to say. And way too much emphasis is being put on sex and feeling good now and the hell with later and the hell who gets hurt on the way...My old fashioned opinion Zsuzsy

4. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 15 years ago

We've had some strange questions by brand new members with 0 hubs.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if it's true in this case, but I think sometimes people come into HubPages from search engines, land on a hub or tag page, and then find their way over to the forums to discuss the topic that they were searching for information about.

1. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oprah must be pissed that we're stealing her target audience big_smile

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Well if the husband wants to cheat why is he asking in the hub forum LOL.  Anyway, hopefully she will discover he made this comment and will help him pack a suitcase so he can go find his fun.   I am sure she can find someone that appreciates her smile.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Hubpages do not restrict anyone to question in the forum. It is not the rule that only he or she who has written hub/s can ask a question. It is upto one whether to reply it or not.
    I personally believe that relation between husband and wife is sacred and should not be broken for this reason.
    One may be more or less active than his or her partner.The matter may be resolved in between.
    Jyoti kothari

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

This is the funniest one I ever read!!!!!   lol

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

If it is funny enjoy it.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know, I was talking about the opening post.

9. profile image0
    oberbrecklingposted 15 years ago

somebody post a sign on the corner of serach engines oprah 101 this way~>

10. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

It might be a legitimate person with a concern, but it just sounded a little funny when I first read it. I think these posts are funny because it helps to keep life interesting.

11. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I agree that this is a funny question but linked with real life situation.These types of questions give us an oppurtunity to rethink the facts of life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)