What is the best shoe brand?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (42 posts)
  1. profile image0
    jacobt2posted 14 years ago

When it comes to buying a new pair of basketball shoes, what brand do you look for? Why? There are so many different brands out there and it is very hard to decide which to buy. I have recently discovered that I really like Nike. Their shox aren't great but the new Hyperdunk is. I wrote a hub on it... "Nike Hyperdunk: The New Basketball Shoe." Which is your favorite?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

anything that fits well, is stylish and well made (leather, not plastic).

i don't like pointy shoes or super high or stiletto heels either. just 2 inches at the most.

for casual wear i like Converse or a good black sort of combat style boot. if they have a nice buckle on them i like them even more.

2. profile image0
    luv.poemposted 14 years ago

I am a shoe addict and if you were doing anything but playing basketball I would say stay away from Nike. However, since you are looking for basketball shoes my vote is for Nike!

1. profile image0
      jacobt2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

woo! do you like the hyperdunks?

3. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

Nike

4. profile image0
    luv.poemposted 14 years ago

I've heard good things about them. It's kind of hit/miss with Nikes though so be careful!

1. profile image0

true...but I like them. they are good shoes.

5. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

As much i used it i found them very good. Thanks for advice.

1. profile image0

your welcome! glad i could help

6. profile image0
    Neon Sign Fanposted 14 years ago

I've always preferred Adidas, no real reason why. I just do.

7. SoManyPaths profile image59
    SoManyPathsposted 14 years ago

For basketball, I'll go with Nike 3/4 ankle or full high top. Adidas or Prince for Tennis

8. profile image0

ok. we have a vote for adidas.
    yeah, I also like higher top shoes for bball. never heard of Prince, but then again I don't play tennis.

9. TsungChi profile image58
    TsungChiposted 14 years ago

Mizuno for running....the best.

1. profile image0

interesting...mizuno. i would think new balance for running.

10. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

A footprint!

1. profile image0

?

1. Raven King profile image61
        Raven Kingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because each is unique and hopefully lasts a lifetime.

1. profile image0

true!

11. Raven King profile image61
    Raven Kingposted 14 years ago

Perry Ellis hiking shoes so you don't have to feel every rock.

12. Elynjo profile image61
    Elynjoposted 14 years ago

K Swiss!

13. profile image0

interesting...we are getting a variety.

elynjo...you don't mean k swiss for basketball i hope lol

thanks for all your input

1. Elynjo profile image61
      Elynjoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe, not for basketball, just my fave brand :-)

1. profile image0

yeah, I figured...not a bad choice!

14. The Phil profile image60
    The Philposted 14 years ago

Well, If you don't mind paying pretty much $120 more than you should for a sneaker... NIKE

1. profile image0

Yeah, Nikes can be pretty expensive, but it seems like all good shoes are these days. I wouldn't say that you are paying $120 too much though, then you are expecting really cheap shoes. But you can get good deals out there on Nikes and other shoes if you look. Thanks for the input.

15. twinkiesfan3 profile image60
    twinkiesfan3posted 14 years ago

Nike.  great hub on The new hyperdunks that kobe wears

1. profile image0

Thanks!

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Mizuno for running, walking, working out. 

Keen for all around best everyday shoes.

Addidas for basketball.

1. profile image0

Hmm...Keen, never heard of it.

17. lumberjack profile image67
    lumberjackposted 14 years ago

Converse and Vans!!!!!

18. JimJar profile image59
    JimJarposted 14 years ago

Hey,

My favorite brand is Jordan and Nike. I get it from Crispy Kicks, they have wide range of Air Jordan's, Air force and Nike. Infact they ship all around the world at cheap rates.
    visit : www.crispykicks.com

19. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

When I used to play basketball in my teenage years I used to wear the Reebok pumps. They snuggled my feet in and kept me from ruining my ankles. I don't know if they still make those anymore.

20. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

ECCO

21. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

CONVERSE Wade

22. profile image48
    Gurri123posted 14 years ago

i would say jordan

23. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Earth shoes are wonderful for your back. That negative heel thingy.

24. G Miah profile image77
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

Not 100% relevant to your question, but i play soccer (in England, football), and i always HAVE to buy Nike boots for playing on grass, and Umbro boots for playing on Astro-Turf (fake grass, 3rd generation). Can't play with any other brands, maybe because i've become used to them.

25. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

i don't really play basketball but i do play tennis and my favorite brand for that is adidas

26. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

The best brand is the one that is on sale and fits good. Unless you're my son and the only ones that fit right are over a hundred bucks, I could slap that knucklehead!

1. profile image0
      baconmidgetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe you should make him work for them lol thats what my parents made me do and because of that i appreciate my stuff more, although i still spend a lot lol

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats a great idea as long as you don't have to wake him up. Besides I like torturing him, and I get my moneys worth.smile

27. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I'd say, the ones that fit and feel best on you. People's feet are very individual. My mom could wear stilleto heels and she had a very high arch. I couldn't manage those at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)