bad news comes in 3s

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I didn't believe this at first but yea it's true and I was just hit by this too.

First Papa (grandpa) dies, then the stuff with bro-in-law and sis-in-law, and NOW...talked to my cousin who is helping us to look for a place to move in to (condo or townhouse for now) and he is telling me that I'll have to give up one of my 3 cats. sad So do not need all of this at once!

I will not give up any of my cats and will be doing more research about the pet restrictions on those places. Last resort will be giving one cat to our best friends. But come on universe STOP PICKING ON ME!!!!

1. alexandriaruthk profile image69
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

things arent doing well for you crazdwriter, just keep your head up and if ever choose a person who will take care the most of your cat,

2. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay....One cat, three cats....who's gonna know.  Tell 'em you have two....unless your third cat can bark...I doubt they'd find out.  Just a thought. 

Just understand you are not alone.  Alot of people are on the rollercoaster...if not yours, some other one and it sucks everywhere right now.

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile I agree with Stimp! cheer up CW...all is not lost! you still have us!!! wink

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do hope that not all is lost. I love my babies

yikes and what about us???

1. profile image0

You know I love you guys too. just worried about my cats right now...I can't seperate from them. I have raised them all since they were young and I won't get rid of any of them. I need them in my life in person know what I mean?

smile Thanks...I was only kidding... I know what you mean about your cats...and I hope you get to keep them! Sending love and hugs your way.....

1. profile image0

big_smile thanks MOW I need the hugs now.

2. profile image0

lol no my cat can't bark but he doesn't run when ppl come so he would be seen most definitely. so if I said I had an all black cat and a tortie...and they see a tabby? lol i can say we're pet sitting but doubt that would work. And seriously places should be more accimdating for ppl with pets. not everyone has just 1 or 2 pets. sad I hate it!

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

ain't that the truth alexa....I am researching the pet restrictions right now. I hope I can find something that works for house. I won't give up one my babies. they are my kids!

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I hope that you get some good luck soon, it seems like most of the planet is going though a bad luck stage sad

1. profile image0

You going through the bad luck too, ryan? I hope not!

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ive been going through bad luck for about 5 months, I had lots of good luck before that, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. My issues have not been things that I can share on a public domain using my real name, but hopefully are all negatives which can be turned into some great positives. I sympathise with the cat thing, you know my cat got run over wink I am sure that you can find a way of keeping, or staying close to, your cat - the most important thing is that he enjoys a high quality of life.

1. profile image0

aaa ryan I am sorry you are dealing with a lot of bad luck and do hope that it gets better for you soon like TODAY would be nice! big_smile and sorry about your kitty. that is horrible.
          You are right...I already know who to give him too if I asolutely HAVE to. But it's hard...he's my baby.

4. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Don't give up your cats. Chances are, if you bring all of them, no one will even notice. Cats are usually so quiet.... we had cats in our last place and they technically weren't allowed, but no one cared.

1. profile image0

true but if we are caught we will have to pay a daily fine until we get rid of one...$50-250 fine sad I can't give up my baby sad

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi crazd, hope you can find a place without restrictions, hmm remember what Lynne said the other day, hope as time goes by things will be better for you friend

1. profile image0

thanks PDH I'm going to be looking for pet friendly places and hopefully it'll all work out. If not I'm going on a rampage! lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile friend, whats the name of your cats?

1. profile image0

my cats are Sasha (tortiseshell -girl), Shadow (all black-girl) And Tiger (gray, tan, white tabby-boy)

I would definitely love tiger, like the sound of the name of the other two also

1. profile image0

they are all angels and they are all troublemakers. it's in their feline genes but I wouldn't have them any other way. have hubs up with pics too if you ever want to go look at them. the cat angel stories

ok thanks

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Crazd, think of the time when all this will end and you will get a good news every single day, you have had your quota of bad news.
    I know its easy to tell others to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hard to do it yourself, but still, you got to cheer up and go through all this like a brave girl, which you are!

1. profile image0

yea...I may be strong but donn't feel it now. not when I am being told I have to give up one of my babies.

7. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Oh man so sorry CW and I don't even think a "that's nice" would fix this one.

It's true though seems to come in three and we are just waiting for the third one here. Three died before or shortly there after Thanksgiving here, then a family issue, and another most disturbing death so we are waiting to see what the third thing will be.

The last death was insane. My 2nd cousin was getting the Christmas tree out of the attic. He lost his footing, tried to brace himself and fell breaking his neck in the fall and died instantly at his granddaughters feet. It was very traumatic and hard for everyone to take.

I hope things get better for you real soon as I do everyone else that is feeling the karma bus overload right now.

OH LYNNE< your second cousin in front of his grandchildren must be very sad, huh, and for you too I hope things get better for all of us,

2. profile image0

WOW lynne i am so sorry for your loss. that is definitely what we call a freak accident. I really hope that things get better for you.  *HUGS* to you lynne! millions of hugs to you and your family

8. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I really hope things turn around for you and your family. It's been a Tough December for you. Hope you can keep all your cats.

Take Heart. The New Year has to be a Happy one and for the rest of this year, I have my Fingers crossed for you.

1. profile image0

thanks Lady I appreciate it and so hope that you are right.

9. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys it has been a tough couple of weeks. It all but stopped my writing because I haven't really been home all that much.

You will find a place that doesn't charge extra for the cat I'm sure of it. I know you are feeling the pinch right now but something will turn up. Christmas will come and go without a hitch and you will be able to sit back and reflect on Papa the day after in quiet bliss.

1. profile image0

Thanks lynne...you are a very strong and sweet friend to have. I do hope that all gets better for you as well.

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Crazd - girl, you are due for some good luck! I believe you'll see a better 2010. If you truly reap what you sow, you'll get lots of smiles and sunshine soon because you always spread that around here!

1. profile image0

I hope so habee I need some better luck...still searching for a job and now all of this stress ontop of searching for a place to move to. UGH! I need a vacation from my life! big_smile

11. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I hope you can find a more pet-friendly building. A friend at work has a chihuahua and she had such trouble finding a place even though her dog is litter trained. It is so unfair. In my opinion and experience, pets cause far less trouble than children smile

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As much as I love children, UW is correct. Pets don't draw on walls - unless they're really, really gifted. lol

1. profile image0

lol thankfully my 3 cats aren't that talented

2. profile image0

yep UW pets are definitely less trouble than kids lol and they lower stress and blood pressure. so why can't more ppl be open to pets? it's not fair! I hope your friend found a good place to live.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She did eventually smile

1. profile image0

that is good to hear...I hope I get to find a good place for all of us...it's not nice to break up a family.

12. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Crazd:
    I'm having good luck today.
    It is rare!

I'm sending some along to you  >>>>>>>>>(LUCK)

Try to smile. We're all thinking of you.

1. profile image0

thanks jen I could use some good luck. Glad you are having good luck jen!

13. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

give me a cat.

1. profile image0

aaaa sooner you want a kitty?

1. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I'll send you pics of your feline in tropical paradise. smile

1. profile image0

you are sweet sooner but I need to fight first to keep my kitty. he and the others mean the world to me

14. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

how do I upload a photo?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)