Why am I such a terrible person?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Suspect20 profile image68
    Suspect20posted 14 years ago

I take my hubber score very seriously, and use it as a gauge to measure my personal self worth as a human being.  In the past few weeks it has dropped to 50-60 and caused me great anxiety and distress in my every day life.  I have tried to numb this pain with drugs, alcohol, and meaningless sexual encounters, but nothing seems to help.

Could any of the staff tell me how to raise this rating and get my life back on track?  I am not above bribes or sexual favors, so please contact me so we can remedy this error.

Disclaimer: This hub is based on a true story, but is meant to be read in the spirit of humor.  I read the FAQ and other forum posts that had to do with hubber score and am still unsure what activity caused my rating to fall so much in just a couple weeks.  I am not expecting or asking for any serious discussion about this issue (thus being posted in the off topic forum).  However, if anyone feels like sheading light on what could be the cause in my specific situation, below is the actual useful information:

[
    My hub score was in the 80's for the first 3 months of my account (This is including 2 months with no new hubs posted).  It recently dropped to ~50 despite no change in my hubbing activity (same traffic and same amount of forum activity and reading/rating of other hubs by me).  From my understanding individual hub rating, your activiy (reading, rating, and commenting) on other hubs, and forum activity all contribute to your Hubber score.

If none of these things changed much from my end, what could possibly be to blame for a 30 point drop in just a couple weeks?  Are there staff members who follow users around in real life and judge their actions?
    ]

1. Rod Marsden profile image66
      Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Meaningless sexual encounters? Put some meaning in them if you can. Might be more fun that way.

2. JBeadle profile image81
    JBeadleposted 14 years ago

Don't give a frig about the score.  Just keep writing.

3. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

I can't really help you with your hubber score. But I will tell you one thing.

Drugs, Sex and Alcohol doesn't make the pain go away! It numbs the pain while you're doing it and the second your done, it's back there. And the fact you're suffering this much pain from something this small tells you you have an addiction to this and you need to cut down. Stop using hubpages until you feel you have it under control. Take a step-by-step programme; first you decide how many times a week you want to visit. Maybe once a day is a good number.

Then there's the performing, which is always very hard. Only once a day means you need to decide what time and something to do for the rest of the day.

Lower it more, more and more until you're down to maybe twice a week and you're golden.

And I think you're an alcoholic. You should check that out.

4. Suspect20 profile image68
    Suspect20posted 14 years ago

Advice doctor didn't read my disclaimer =x

Or maybe it wasn't very clear, sorry.  The only true part is that, even after reading the available material on the subject, I am still convinced Hubber score is 65% random.  The first half was meant as a joke/humor, and I didn't mean to worry or offend anyone.

5. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol

6. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

I suppose you've irritated the hubgods...try chanting "raise the score, raise the score" while you dance around in your underwear around a campfire. Alcohol may aid in this process as well smile

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I concur!! lol

Suspect20posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You seem like a wise and knowledgeable individual.  I will reflect on your words of advice and strongly consider doing this tonight (sounds like a pretty good Saturday night even if it doesn't work).

On a related note, anyone in the Northeastern US up for some (semi)naked drunken fire chanting this evening?

1. mega1 profile image78
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't be there in body but I can channel my spirit there if you just give me the time and place I will make sure you have my somewhat substantial spiritual help with this gnarly problem.  Spirits don't drink, so no booze for me!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! big_smile

7. dingdong profile image57
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

But when you're drunk, 61 may appear to be 19 wink

8. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Use your webcam and we can all be there with you!

9. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

not sure if serious

10. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Well, you've got your self-esteem all tied up in the wrong thing!  The true measure of our self worth and right to exist in the world is - as everyone knows - how much traffic each and every one of our Hubs get, as whether we have over 10000 fans (oops - I mean "followers").  Wait a second 'til I take another swig of this alcoholic beverage.  Keep in mind, too, that if a hundred Hubbers don't have a party when you pass one milestone or another, that means you're a piece of crap and you should adjust your self-esteem accordingly.   lol

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

your hubber score fluctuates because of external elements too, namely what your fellow hubbers are doing. for example, one day you could find yourself at 100 and then five minutes later you're back to 99. if you examine where you fall in the Hubbers list, if you were, say, at the bottom of hubbers with a score of 100, then as soon as a hubber who is at the top of those hubbers with a score of 99, they will publish another hub or something, which increases their score and 'replace' you so to speak, taking the 100 and bumping you to 99. so don't feel too badly - it's not all you.

12. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Your hubs are well written and informative.  The only reason I can think of is that Hubpages deems the Torrents content unsuitable, though I do not know why.

Have you received any flags?

Send a query over to the hubpages team and see if they can help!

13. prettydarkhorse profile image56
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi, self worth is not tied to the score alone, you know yourself, and you are the best judge of yourself,

score are just score they always move up and down, just write good articles and smile,

14. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 14 years ago

Maybe you can write about other subjects that would interest more readers to your hubs.  Just a thought smile

15. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 14 years ago

Maybe you can write about other subjects that would interest more readers to your hubs.  Just a thought smile

16. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I took a look at your latest Hub, and you've got way more than two outgoing links to the same domain.  Sometimes problems with HubScore is a simple matter of never reading the rules.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

I am usually more careful about that in other hubs.  However, for this particular hub it was hard to avoid.  The hub is a list of the most useful mods and addons for a game, and there are only a couple quality sites that host these files.  So if I want the reader to be able to quickly jump to the page where they can download individual mods from I have little choice but to link to that domain (different pages within the same domain) multiple times.

17. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I copied 2-3 sentences at random from 2 of your hubs and plugged them into google search.  Your hubs of origin did not come up on either.  Nothing came up suspicious for duplicate content, but your original hubs should have come up.  Have you been de-indexed?  Have your hub scores gone down?

De-indexed?  Not sure what that is exactly but I feel like it is something I don't want.  How would I find out if I have been removed from (google?) index?  Or at least get a reason for it happening or a way to fix it or re-submit content for consideration?

18. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I’m pretty much a newbie myself, and could be totally off on this.  Maybe someone like darkside, sunforged or relache will drop in on this thread. 

In the mean time, take a look at these forum threads: 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/22685#post391571

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/23531

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)