How To Compete with Top Hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (42 posts)
  1. GoogleCashMoney profile image57
    GoogleCashMoneyposted 15 years ago

How To Compete With Top Hubbers like Isabella Snow,  GoogleCashMoney (lol),  Marye Audet, SweetiePie; Patty Inglish, MS,  Maddie Ruud, Whitney05, amy jane, glassvisage

1. ProCW profile image78
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

just give 'em a run for their money! big_smile

do your best... i don't recommend copying what they do, but studying what they do may be a good way to start! big_smile

ProCW

Happily hubbing!

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

That's Easy.
    Write more quality hubs, take part in the forums, and send Maddie $5,000 in small unmarked bills lol

Hmm. And have a picture of a good looking lady as your avatar. Now where was that photo of my daughter.
    I'll be back soon as I change my name to Erica lol

3. GoogleCashMoney profile image57
    GoogleCashMoneyposted 15 years ago

Well Said Eric. sorry I forgot to add your name in Top Hubbers List. $5,000 is to much to offer LoL. BTW try you idea and replace you daughter's pic - Erica. It will surely help you achieve Top Ranking (100) Wish You All The Best.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you did that, you would lose all credibility smile

And anyway, it's not a competition, as many have said.
      I'm not sure what is that keeps people writing here. Everyone has their own reasons.

For me, I guess it's sharing some knowledge that can help people avoid making some big mistakes when they set themselves up on the internet. I can often save people from wasting a lot of money (and time) just by having a 5 minute conversation with them, and that's the sort of thing I write about in my hubs.

And I have some fun in the forums, make scarcastic comments when appropriate, and make sensible replies in my areas of expertise to people who display some sign of being genuine.

And if my hub scores go up as a result, well that's just a bonus.

1. Dorsi profile image88
        Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Plus you participate in risque hubs Eric...lol....

GoogleCashMoneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well Said Dorsi.

2. GoogleCashMoney profile image57

Well Said Dorsi.

4. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I didn't realise that it was a competition.

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I also didn't =o

5. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 15 years ago

I'm not exactly a top hubber, but it seems to me, the best way to get noticed, is to keep writing. If you write about things you love, the passion comes out on the page, and people will read it.

Well said.

6. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I wrote this hub a few days ago it may help.....jimmy
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-Do-You-Comp … n-Hubpages

7. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

One can not compete with top hubbers being a part timer. Besides traffic, quality content, frequent creation of hubs (at least one hub per week), frequent updating, linking, participation in forums, requests etc, determine the hubber score.

Very True. We cannot compete with Top Hubbers.

8. pfuller profile image60
    pfullerposted 15 years ago

I am just new, but you are not really competing with other hubbers.

I have noticed one hubber who does not seem to join any fan clubs, post comments or visits the forum.  They just consistently posts 3 to 4 hubs a week on a variety of topics.

The topics are of things people are interested in and search for.

I joined their fan club and I see the effort they put in and they do it in a very business like fashion.

9. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

what hooked me on hubpages compared to writing my own blogs/sites was quite simple: I got comments.  Before I'd felt like  I was talking to myself: now I got comments - that was a huge boost in my confidence.  As I wrote more I got more comments: people liked my style - weird but true.  Then I got mad at the the whole IM scam industry and now I try to write to warn people of some of the crap out there if they are on the internet to make money and point them in the right direction.  I find these days I don't have to publish as often: as anywhere if you write evergreen content you end up with a slowly building readership and hopefully income.  I never really compete with other hubbers: we all tend to write on different topics or with different slants.  My main competition is between me and the google gods for them to pay me more: I don't really care what the other hubbers are doing

10. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

If I start comparing myself, I would never dare write anything.  There are a lot of good writers here.  Well, I just decided to write from the heart (the things I value and are passionate about) and go from there.  big_smile  But there's much we can learn from the top hubbers.  So learn, learn and learn... and write, write, write.  Good luck.

1. ProCW profile image78
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

... and promote, promote, promote... big_smile

ProCW

R/P You are right. There is so much to learn from Top Hubber but even Top Hubers should should share their knowledge with New Commers.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
          Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

They do, often.  In many different ways.

Yes you are right Stacie. Please share your knowledge with us. because your Hub score is 98 (LOL)

2. ripplemaker profile image78
        ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol  yes that too!

11. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Not thinking of it as a competition seems to work really well for me.

Relache, right not it is not much competition for the Top position. I am tired to see  same old faces on the Top Hub List. We need that position to be rotate then only we will get more and more qality. I want to see you their for one day at least. Wish You All The Best.

relache - Not thinking of it as a competition seems to work really well for me.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think you missed Relache's point.

It is NOT a competition. Period.

Hubscore waves around wildly depending on traffic, and your personal score waves around based on the wildly waving scores of your Hubs.

If you write very well about obscure topics, you won't have a high score because you won't get much traffic. But you will be writing very well and your readers will love you.

The people who make the most money aren't necessarily the ones at the top of the list, either.

Whatever your goal for being here, whether it is to write well, to get lots of fans, to make money, or to promote other sites using an affiliate link, you can achieve 100% success in any or all of those goals without making it to the "top of the list" and without getting a Hubber score of 100.

In short, it doesn't matter what anyone else does. It only matters what you do. The only "competition" arises when you take your eye off the ball of your real goals and start wanting the "prestige" of getting to the top of the list.

Forget it. Achieve your goals and be happy. Let the list fall where it may.

Jenny

Well said Inspire.

2. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You've been here two weeks. You must get bored very easily.

When I started Relache and Jimmy The Jock dominated with solid Author Scores of 100.

OIC.

12. Mia Mamma profile image59
    Mia Mammaposted 15 years ago

I joined because it seemed an easy way to publish some thoughts and ramblings, and to show off in front of my grandchildren. Now that I see it's a competition, I'll try to take the challenge. I don't have so many clues on what to do to get people read my pages, but I hope to learn from all of you wink

Wish You All The Best Mamma. Do Tell your Success Secret to me also

13. embitca profile image85
    embitcaposted 15 years ago

Stacie is in here sharing her knowledge all of the time.

Also, the Top Hubbers list does change. It isn't static at all. Since I joined Hubpages, the top list has shuffled a fair bit. Isabella has held the #1 spot or close to it for awhile now, but at one point it was CrazyHorseGhost who was in that spot.

You'll also notice that on first page of Hubbers, all of them except Ripplemaker  and Princessa has written over 100 hubs and several have written over 200. Patty Inglish has over 500. I believe those numbers should tell you something.  They all write great content too, but volume helps.

Ripplemaker is a bit of an outlier on the list with only 20 hubs. If i were going to scrutinize anyone's strategy I would like at Ripplemaker's work. What you'll find is really great content that obviously took a lot of work.

There really is no secret to high hubscores.

1. Write good original content
    2. Publish often

A traffic strategy helps too, but I don't think it is as significant as the first two.

1. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Embitca.  *blush* I try my best to write good original content.  But I know I am still learning from all of you.  There is much to learn.  Now for secret number 2, publish often, lol  yes I should be doing that, shouldn't I?..hehe  I'm taking it one hub at a time.  Now I'm off to read your hubs. smile

2. thranax profile image72

Well said embitca. I do also believe a traffic strategy helps. With good enough supporting ads on forums etc it can send thousands of more viewers to your hubs. Google is the number one way to get traffic, but there are other ways around it, like social networks, site networks etc.

14. profile image0
    IMHustleposted 15 years ago

I take my hat off to Hubbers like Lissie, PGrundy, Dorsi, Darkside, Relache who have cranked out more than a few smile high quality hubpage articles. But the only person I'm competing with on HubPages is me.

1. thranax profile image72

Great attitude to have! I too only compete with myself, well...and time. Time is often a problem. Other then getting writers block and having to go do things I too am also competing with Me, Myself, and I smile

...wait....thats 3 people now...dang it.

15. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I agree it is not a competition. Every hubber who scores high pull up the whole site.

Though it was exciting to see one of mine on the first page of hot hubs today-- wierd.

16. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 15 years ago

I see no reason to compete. There's no competition happening here, as far as I'm concerned anyway. The reason these authors are at the top is because they are prolific and they write great articles, which people want to read. There you go, that's the formula in one. Now, hop to it, if you feel like competing!

Just be aware that you may be in the competition all by yourself.  smile

I do understand their quality work.

17. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Only your sexy hubbers one Dorsi lol
    Should I put a link to it?
    Why not. Here's some hub love for you Dorsi.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hot-Hubber-Sexy-Pictures

18. Louie Jerome profile image59
    Louie Jeromeposted 15 years ago

I don't compete with others but I do drive myself by refusing to accept anything less than perfect scores! I guess I'll be working at it for a long time! LOL

Your score is acceptable. I wish I will be there, one day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)