Biblical worldview vs Secular worldview Mark vs. Gardner

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (49 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

The subject has been chosen for the serious debate!

1. The debate is between Mark and Gardner it is not between all others on HP this thread is not open to others commenting please keep your comments to yourselves, as an audience you may ask questions but you may not harass, badger or post deragatory comments against either side.

2. Both parties will respect each others comments and debate as professionals without mocking one another.

3. All judges will discuss and will gather at the end of the debate via e-mail and come to a conclusion should there be a tie then all will respect one another.

Last the objective of this debate should be able to provide both sides with a better understand of Biblical vs. Secular worldviews. 

Gentleman get ready , let's get readddyyyyyy to rumbbbbllllleee!!!

Remember people outside of Mark and Gardner, ssshhhhhhh only questions please. smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

epic title.

2. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

My popcorn is getting cold.

3. Bovine Currency profile image62
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

MOoo From the Cow, judge present.

4. Bovine Currency profile image62
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

What is going on here

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

It it supposed to begin tomorrow. smile

1. Bovine Currency profile image62
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, nice one smile

6. profile image0
    thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years ago

Are we still doing this or what?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Waiting on you. wink

7. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Could you both give a little overview of your side to get things started here?

No. We have agreed a set format.

@ Gardner - I suggest you start a new thread and re state your proposition.

"Biblical theory better describes the origins of human life as opposed to Evolution Theory."

Three rounds of:

The Affirmative always goes first(that would be Gardner)

Then the Negative gets to cross-examine and asks question to the affirmative

Then the Negative presents their case

Then the Affirmative get to  cross examine and ask the negative questions

The Affirmative does their rebuttal (no new arguments) just refutation

Then the Negative gives rebuttal (no new arguments)  and closing

Then the Affirmative closes

Then the judges vote

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you starting a new thread or should I post here?

AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would recommend posting it here everyone has been anxiously waiting. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

I will start a new one as we already have a bunch of comments on this one. Cleaner. big_smile

Get your batooty in gear all of us are excited! smile

8. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Sorry, didn't know that was just curious about a little background is all. Let the games begin.

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Looks like Mark is fired-up, Good luck to the two of you, Can I play arbiter nyahahaha just kidding... big_smile

10. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL

Gardner already made his opening statement and I am considering my response. I have a week to pose questions if I remember rightly. wink

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/30050

You certainly do! smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AEvans, are you going to put the debate into a hub at it's conclusion, for those of us that come along later?

I never thought about that one since it is your idea I would recommend that you should, I would not take someone's idea away from them.smile

Oh I would have...but I can't read or type in english....sorry.... wink The truth is I think you'd do a better job than I would... Have Fun Mikel

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mikel, really? You can't type or write in English? smile

Can someone tell what that says??? wink

2. AEvans profile image71

I see passing the buck, lololo ...mmmmmmm well if you wish for me to and I see that you write in english very, very well! lololo juast for you I will do it. smile

Muaaahhh  wink

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Slippery Mikel, very slippery. lol lol

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
                GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow the debate started with a blast coming from truth... hehehe, Mark will surely have his hands full with this... as he tries to mount his refutations... interesting indeed, Mark indirectly ask for a week to give his response wink

1. Paraglider profile image89
                  Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A five minute job wink

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

ROFL on that Para wink I hope it is... the audience like me is eager to see how this debate will push through though... wink

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOLOL

Well - seeing as the entire thing amounts to "science is lying," I am actually considering what a reasonable response is.

I could do it in 5 minutes - as Paraglider says, because there really is nothing to respond to, but I am hoping to respond in such a fashion as we learn something from each other and perhaps get across the fact that evolution is a scientific theory attempting to explain the facts we have observed - rather than a philosophy.

I am not really sure where the bible says that T Rex was actually a 900 year old lizard that mysteriously died out after the flood, and am deciding which parts to respond to without resorting to ridicule.

I realize Gardner took around 3 minutes to formulate his opening statement - and it shows. I also have other things to do. wink

I'm just eager Mark, as I am keeping my eye on your reply with that of Gardner's... Hmmm it seems to me you are doing your homework, looking for some weaknesses... That remains to be seen though... Goodluck Mark and to Gardner as well... I just broke your silence with this thread hehehe a bit sorry for that though wink

2. profile image0

If you think you're right don’t draw this out ask your questions lets  keep this debate going, don't stall. Btw theme is not “science is lying” it's evolutionism is a lie There a BIG difference. Evolutionists presented Ida, Ardi and Lucy etc. as facts and missing links. Scientists were honest and retracted them as just bones and drawings, and not proof of evolution.

11. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Question:
    So this is the thread that you can both call names and insult because the other thread  is sacrosanct? Civility in the "real" thread then becomes nullified by this thread, does it not?

Just observing...

1. profile image0

True. I suggest we both stay out of any other thread discussing the debate, but I doubt that mark can control himself. lol

That is what I said in the first place.

Thank you.

1. profile image0

neutral No you came here first with your back-handed attacks and weak attempts to belittle me outside the designated thread. From now on keep the ridicule to yourself save your refutations for the debate okay.

LOL

Scroll up. I was responding to another religioniost.

1. profile image0

Back-handed, third party still count.

Stay cool GeneralHowitzer... wink

1. profile image0

cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)