I broke up with my girlfriend now i want her back

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image47
    kmj217posted 16 years ago

I have been with my girlfriend for about 2 years now and would do anything for her...she honestly is the one i think i want to spend the rest of my life with but recently my dad had drug addiction problems my mom works and goes to school and my sisters boyfriend hits her plus i go to school and have work to worry about...she always tries to help me with my problems and i usually let her unless i just do not feel like talking about it because i dont want her to get caught up in problems and have more stress than she has to...sometimes she will text me at times that i cant txt her back and started to get angry and last sunday i didnt hear from her at all i txted and called her but she wouldnt respond so i was a bit concerned...the next day at school i met her coming into school like i always do and asked her why she didnt call me back and she told me that she didnt want to talk to me when i asked her why she told me because i dont do anything for her and do not contribute to the relationship which pissed me off because i try and do everything i can for her as i said i love her more than anything...then i did yell a little saying that i dont always have time to txt or call her back right away sometimes then i walked away because i did not want to say anything id regret...then she left me alone for like 5 min then came downstairs in school pushed me into a wall and screamed in my face about how i dont do anything which really made me mad because she has no right or reason to put her hands on me like that so i walked away again for the same reason and went into my class but she stood outside and told me to come back out so i did. when i did i asked her why she didnt call me yesterday and she told me that her mom told her to give me a "taste of my own medicine" which is really childish for a 34 year old woman then she started crying and talked to me about everything but still saying i dont do anything for the 3rd time so i told her im just gna walk away but she came back a 4th time...at this point im really mad and told her we were breaking up...now she will not talk to me and blamed the entire thing on me saying that "i broke up with her" but i dont think it was entirely my fault and i shouldnt be the only person appologizing...i really just want her back though she was my first everything nd i was her first so i know that she still loves me but her friend and mom i know are manipulating her and telling her what to do because i know how she is and i know she would not do this on her own...i just dont know what i should do

1. Sangay Glass profile image66
      Sangay Glassposted 16 years ago

Totally Smart Move...You were really right to walk away.

Bad things happen when you're tempted to argue or fight back.

It sounds like your girl is playing the blame game.

Sometimes people create arguments to make someone else do the dirty work of breaking up, which will leave you ( the blame game target) wondering if you made mistakes in the relationship... leading to regrets about breaking it off.

To top it off...this game has a rebound effect... you'll end up wanting the person even more.

If this is you...here's some tips to make a clean break, so you can move on with your life.

Making Clean Breaks

In order for a break up to be 100% successful there will have to be physical some space between you.

This isn't always possible in a school setting, but here's some help to ease tensions in the classroom.

Don't call your ex to ask how he/she is doing.

Don't talk about your ex negatively  among friends.

Don't ask your friends about your ex.

Don't send negative or positive email/ text messages to your ex.

Don't parade new "loves" in front of your ex.

If you work with you ex or their parent's start looking for a new job.

Don't take all the pictures of the two of you and mail them to your ex...

Don't forget there were good times once... keep that "memory" for healthy future relationships.

You can also check out my Teen Angst Hubs on Is It True Love? and Breaking up.. (watch the Aly & AJ - 'Potential Breakup Song' video and you'll forget all about whatshername:)

http://hubpages.com/hub/teenangst

http://hubpages.com/hub/breakupgames

2. profile image49
      getyourgirlfbackposted 14 years ago

It sounds like you are too invested and she took advantage of that.  You need to focus more on yourself and let your ex girlfriend move out of the picture.

3. profile image49
      jhaybanagposted 13 years ago

My ex girlfriend broke up with me cus I cheated on her, I found this great website called saveabreakup.com , I followed all the instructions on it and it helped me get back with my ex, now we've been together for almost 2 years. smile

4. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years ago

You are clearly a guy with complicated issues and background that all work against any good relationship.  You should ignore everything and do whatever it takes to get this obviously nice supportive girl back into your life.  If her family see you as a loser - which you may appear to be from your background - then prove them wrong by growing up and dealing with any issues in an adult calm reasoned way.

If it was me - I would be on her doorstep begging to be let in.

5. tobey100 profile image59
      tobey100posted 13 years ago

I'm going to assume you're both adults so my only advice would be.....act like it.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

^^ Don'cha just LOVE when random spammers bump three year old forum threads??

7. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years ago

My boyfriend and I met in the forest. He was a lumberjack and I was looking for a man.
      When I spotted him, I realized I didn't have a good reason for being in the woods, so I pretended to be a lumberjack too. I didn't have any tools, so I just kept ramming my car into a tree, trying to knock it down. He finally came over and asked what I was doing. I told him I was a lumberjack and someone stole my chainsaw so he offered to cut the tree down for me.
      After the tree fell he asked what I wanted to do with it. I told him to tie it to the top of my car. He complied and told me I looked pretty in my ball gown and tiara. I told him I had to go to a ball and they needed this tree for fire wood. He said that made a lot of sense.
      I invited him to come to the ball with me and he said he would go. We drove into town, but it was very difficult turning corners because of the tree. I finally remembered that there was no ball, so I told him I forgot how to get there and asked him if he wanted to go to McDonalds instead. He said 'sure' so we parked, in 15 spaces, and went in. He paid for my food, which told me he loved me, so I asked him if he wanted to be my live-in boyfriend. He said 'no thank you', but he did want to rest in my bed for a while. I was surprised how well we hit it off in my room and I waited for him to propose, but he said he really had to get back to chopping and stuff... so I told him I would be right here when he got back. It's been about 6 weeks and I haven't seen him yet. I think I should call the police 'cause it's possible a tree fell on him and he is pinned beneath. I would go look for him, but the weight of the tree crushed my car's roof and now I can't see out of the windshield... there's kind of a whole squirrel situation too.
      It's great having a boyfriend, I would just like to spend more time together. If anyone sees a lumberjack pinned under a tree, tell him his girlfriend wants him to come home.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

^^ and Beth37 raises the surrealism bar.. nicely done

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh no... that really happened... 6 weeks ago. Im still in my ball gown and tiara waiting for ... Joe I think he said his name was. He loves me so much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)