Is that more snow????

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

A few mins ago it was raining but now there are huge flakes, so pretty but will it settle? Oh this is in London again btw

1. warchild75 profile image62
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im in the south east of england and apparantly in the early hours of tommorow morning (fri) london and the south east could get up to 8inches of snow!!!! i will hold judgement until i see it.

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

you dont normally get snow? it is pretty, but I have had enough already...but, if you havent gotten sick of it, hope it sticks around for ya!!

1. Jersey Joe profile image57
      Jersey Joeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was in England in 1969, and that winter they had two 12" snow falls back to back. That was the biggest snowfall they ever had. I had to walk to the base, and my friend. We made a snowman in front of the motor pool. we had his arms sticking straight out, and we pulled grass out of the ground, and put it under his arms. Our captain came by, and made us knock it down. My friend and I thought it was cool.

3. kirstenblog profile image79

We do gets it from time to time but its not often and doesn't stick most of the time. I know it used to be more common but in the time I have lived in the UK it is rare enough to feel excited smile

1. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know! I live in the UK too, 20 mins from London- It was snowing like crazy 10 minutes ago but it stopped it hasn't snowed this close to Christmas though we usually get it around January, so it's a nice,pleasant surprise but it s gone now and the sky is blue- NOT COOL! lol I want snow!

I always get jealous of the amount of snow other places get.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think people get tired of whatever they have. I try really hard to be thankful for it, becasue so many people wish tehy had it..but by teh 5th storm that drops about 16 inches of heavy wet messy snow, and I have shovled for hours and hours every storm, adn then the cold gets here...its tiring. Today it is -3F. The wind chill brings it down to about -25. Its so cold it hurts.

Ohhhh... well I'not that jealous then. I'm definitely not for -3F, that's no fun and MINUS 25!!!!, wet messy and 16 inches! whoa, I just want enough for a snow man not snow village. Wow I feel for you does not sound great at all. Where is this btw?

Hope you have central heating AND  a fireplace
          Keep warm well as warm as you can!

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile  big wood stove. just filled it.
            and snowmen are fun. I wish there was a happy medium.

2. Jenny30 profile image60
        Jenny30posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can have some of our snow!!! lol. Plenty here!!!

Yes please, can you Fed Ex snow!

4. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

well, enjoy it then. I would send you some of mine if I could!!!

5. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I'm in the south east too!! Just watching out the window as something that appears to be snow is falling from the skies. Was quite heavy about 30 mins ago, but not for long. Now its gradually getting harder again.

Hope public transport is ok at the weekend. Birthday night out in leeds. Maybe it'll snow on my birthday this year, that would be exciting!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jen!!
      (Just celebrated mine this past weekend in about 7" of snow here in the western US.)

I was in London years ago when I just barely turned 21, and it snowed on my birthday, but didn't stick. Bloody cold with howling wind. Won't ever miss that! Wind blows here in the west, but is much, much drier, easier to keep warm.

If the snow sticks, it makes for a great Christmas, but mucks up getting out, unless you deal with it a lot. Whatever happens with the snow there, hope you all enjoy it. We've got about 6" on the ground here, with a possibility for a bit more. Slick roads everywhere. Icy sidewalks. Need cleated shoes and studded snow tires!

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY both Jen and Daniel!

2. jenblacksheep profile image67
        jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy Birthday Daniel!!

My birthday isnt actually until next Wednesday, but I'm celebrating at the weekend coz otherwise I'll get overshadowed by xmas. Spending the weekend at the other end of the country, where shockingly the weather is supposed to be better. Not to matter tho, I make a fool of myself and fall over and stuff without there being any ice, so if it is icy it'll just be more of a challenge!

I realise this is completely off topic, but I dont care ... I just got my first job interview lined up for the beginning of January. I'm so excited, can't wait to move out of my parents place and move across the country!! woohoo!! big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
          kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Hey, congratulations! I hope it just goes swimmingly and is the start of big big things for you!

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
            jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanx Kirsten! I really hope it goes well too.

Congrats and hope it goes the way you want it too!

6. tonks21 profile image60
    tonks21posted 14 years ago

Where I live we never see a snowflake. Half the time it is cold and the other half we are walking around in shorts. lol! I for one am glad to not have the snow in my way!

7. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 14 years ago

2.50 and it is chucking down in Bucks, I hope it stays for a while, as I don't like walking in slush!!

8. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

wow a lot of us are from South East, fun times!!

it was snowing again 10 minutes ago but it's gone....boo

9. profile image0
    AdviceDoctorposted 14 years ago

I've never seen snow.. like in my entire life.

10. Sa Toya profile image83

it's snowing again....like right this very minute-big,chuny flakes, hopes it settles.

11. Wayne Orvisburg profile image63
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

I love it when there's a good rain or sleet before it snows. Nothing like I nice thick sheet of ice underneath a heavy blanket of snow. Ah, let the games begin. LOL!

12. profile image50
    bretya craneposted 14 years ago

There was snow last year in February I think therefore there may be snow again.  The world spins round and after a time the snow comes back.  For example I heard once that Scicily was hot as it was close to Africa now it is cooler but it was twenty years ago.  Now it may be getting hotter again.

The snow looks nice from within a cosy room.  But walking on it is something else.  I always like to take pictures and feel sad when the snow goes.  But I find I have to walk very slowly and it takes me ages to get anywhere.

Sometimes the pipes burst and it is not easy to get someone to come out as they all close for Christmas but even employers and staff have to have their Christmas.  I just wish there would be some back up staff - for example one year a number take 24,25 and 26th off and the next year a different number of people.  This would ensure that the public have assurances that if something goes wrong someone can come round.

There was a time when I spent a week without heating for a week and it was one of the coldest.

1. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So snow falls affect daily life , eventhough it appears as fun to outsiders.

13. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Thanx Sa Toya!

Well I dno bout everywhere else but it's certainly settling here now!! Good luck to anyone who's travelling around the south east of england tomorrow!

14. Frugal Fanny profile image60
    Frugal Fannyposted 14 years ago

Snow is a dirty four letter word.  Shame on you!

15. Sa Toya profile image83

up to 6 inches in South east, and snowing again already. It's CRAZY!!!

16. kirstenblog profile image79

Woke up this morning and there was snow overnight that actually stuck, we are supposed to get more but I have not seen any yet hmm

1. Jersey Joe profile image57
      Jersey Joeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My ex wife lives in PA. and Saturday they got 12" of snow. She is in Alexandria, close to Altoona. We used to have a camp there. I love central PA. I like all the woods, the little trails, and hunting.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)