Gulliver the Bear Arrives in Tasmania

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Gulliver has arrived in Tasmania just in time for Christmas.

He's had a very eventful first day.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … a2a310bedc

He's sleeping soundly now, and is sure to have an exciting time while he is here.

Cheers,
    Eric G.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love the pics ! lol

2. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Did arrive with clothes or feathers after his farmyard ordeal? lol

Good pics matey. Have a great Xmas Eric smile

Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LO Pearl,

He didn't say much about his farmyard experiences, but he seemed pretty distraught, and wanted lots of strong drink. (see pics).

He had no clothes, but was wearing a bead necklace.
      And come to mention it, there were a few feathers between his pads, and under his armpits.

3. Pearldiver profile image65

How Sad.... No clothes and manipulated by French customs and clearly some rooster from the darkside yikes
    Hope he turned up with the JW Black Lable lol

No, he drank mine.
      He's certainly a thirsty little bear.
      I guess I have Mr. Knowles to thank for that, but I'll do my best to keep him sober.

Sorry, don't have any chickens around here.
      Maybe I'll show him a photo of one.

Gulliver is resting today. I might take him to the tip later if he's up to it.
      As long as he doesn't bring any stuff back with him.

4. Gullivers Travel profile image58
    Gullivers Travelposted 14 years ago

It's not sad. It's actually rather liberating. You should try it some time.

And the Two-Headed bloke is fine. It's his pooch I'm not sure of. Needs to brush his teeth now and then ...

I'm hoping to bump into some chickens. I like chickens smile

5. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

I guess you will just have to grin and bear it!
    Q.

6. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Good to know the bear has arrived, alive and intact-ish.

And keep him of the liquor. I reckon he still needs drying out after his sojourn with Mark Knowles.

Like your dog Eric. Very nice looking canine. He wears the bear well wink

And funny info and pics!

7. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Glad Gulliver arrived safely, and I see he found the good stuff -- the JW Black! smile

8. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Hi!!!! smile

9. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

That bear just would not leave!

But eventually we got him stuffed into a package and sent him off to Tasmania.

Here's some photos of him while he stayed with me: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 … 1062945257

10. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL

About time. And it is not my fault he likes strong liquor. Well..... not entirely. big_smile

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We didn't make a fuss when he finished off every drop of White Port in the house and also raided the pantry and emptied the cooking Sherry, but I really had to put my foot down when he went through the bookshelves and found a couple of old bibles and started ripping them into shreds while laughing maniacally.

You sir, are a bad influence.

big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It takes two to tango. wink

11. frogdropping profile image76

Oh my he's becoming debauched. And he's going to a tip Eric? Why on Earth are you guys off to a tip? You going scavenging? I'm curious.

Liquor, wimmin, footy and ciggies with Mark. Animal husbandry, outback living and bible rustling with Darkside.

And now he's going scavenging in Tasmania. Are these cultural things to do then wink

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is more than welcome in Greece.

We are clean-living folks, here - no debauchery in sight big_smile

12. Eric Graudins profile image61

We have a lot of junk that we need to clear out, and here in Tassie, it's the common thing to take it to the tip.

What do all you folks do with it? Chuck it over the fence to the neighbours or something smile

OK, I can't tell a lie.
    Here in Tasmania, there are no shops, so we have an annual super scavenge, where we all take out old broken stuff in the hope of swapping it with others who may have less broken stuff that they want to swap.

Last year I found a box of rusty baked beans, and was lucky enough to find someone this year who had a can opener that they swapped for the left hand windscreen wiper of my car. Great deal! We'll be able to have Xmas dinner!

Gulliver has been resting up, and is now dried out, stone cold sober, and ready for the christmas festivities.

I've put him to work, as you can see from this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5-HeGkAQs

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
    Eric G.

P.S. Hi to you too kmackey32.
    You're looking as great as ever.

13. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

too cute, gulliver is seeing the world, where does he go after christmas?

Enjoy!!

Not sure.
      I think he might be going across the ditch to Bumbletown.
      Where men all wear special gumboots, and sheep are very nervous lol

14. Pearldiver profile image65

Oh Cool.... I hope he can fillet fish lol

@ Eric.... Keep my Gumboots Out of It OK? lol

15. frogdropping profile image76

Oh my you guys ahve done wonders with my bear. He was so naive before he left. Now he's a hard drinking, chicken rustling, scavenger!

Wonderful stuff - you'll make a Grizzly out of that furry little sucker yet!

And is he heading to you PD? I do hope so ...

Thankyou all!!

16. Eric Graudins profile image61

Don't know about his fish filleting skills.
    But he's hopeless at preparing a dinner for 6.

I put out all the ingredients for him, then we went out for a while.
    when we got back expecting a feast, he'd bloody well done nothing.

what's your avatar PD?
    Looks like someone drowning and  being licked by small fish.

cheers,
    Eric G.

17. Pearldiver profile image65

Damn... You're Right... It's a fishing photo!

You know... he sleeps with the fishes one... lol

You Have a Great Xmas Eric & Eric, Family and Gulliver.

18. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Whereabouts is Gulliver now?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)