What is the benefit in publishing hubs in different capsules

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Is there any benefit in putting text in different capsules ?

Is there any difference in page view and ad placement?

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Adding to Aqua, .. you can manipulate other revenue capsules with more ease, effectively. smile

Best Regards

2. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

If you use two text capsules you will get a line of google ads in between them. I think you have to have your google ads set on "high" for that to happen. Another benefit of using multiple capsules is that it breaks up the text for your readers and makes it easier on the eyes.

1. skgrao profile image67
      skgraoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  3. jacobkuttyta profile image43

Since it will not add to the number of page view, I think there is no point in increasing the ad placement.  What do you think?

1. vancouver profile image41
      vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will help with your possible adsense clicks if your hub is layed out properly.

regards,

JR

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you want page views?   You make money when people click on the ads in your Hubs.  The better placed the ads are, the better chance you have of getting clicks.

Splitting up text over several capsules enables you to do much better layouts - you can float photos and revenue capsules to the right, or put other capsules between.

1. Paul Marshall profile image62
        Paul Marshallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gosh, I would think that it does not matter how good your add placement is, if you do not get any page views nobody is going to click on the adds.
        In my opinion, you need both good add placement, & you need the page views to to see the adds.
        A very old, but still very relevent marketing rule of thumb. Of the people that view your product 10% will purchase. So if only 10% are in the target market, you need a lot of page views to get that 10% to convert to sales.

Bottom line, you need good add placement, but that is pointless if you do not get targeted page views.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes Paul, but Jacob was saying there was no point in increasing ad placement BECAUSE it wouldn't increase his traffic.  Basic flaw in logic there, I'm sure you will agree.

Yes, I do agree with your thoughs about that. I also think that it is better to spread the adds over several capsules.

I set up my hubs to have them spread evenly over the page, and over several capsules.

Then work my butt off to get as many page views as possible from the target market. However that is a whole other topic. LOL.

3. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it may not add to the number of page views, but it may add to the length of page views, which could have a direct correlation to your ads. If someone clicks on your hubs and sees long sections of unbroken text, they may not even stick around to read it, even if they are interested in the topic. If, the hub is more pleasing to the eye, however, readers might hang around for longer each time, giving your ads more of a chance to be noticed and utilized.

1. skgrao profile image67
        skgraoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  4. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Ad placement is the most important thing in your little Hub world, Jacob. If you do get a click and its on the way bottom of the page you might get 10 cents. If that same ad was up on the top, slightly down on the right, you might see upwards of $2 for the same topic/ad. Text placement helps the human component search and use the page, don't tailor just to spider bots.

~thranax~

5. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I think you are wrong, because better ad placement provides more clicks, which will provide you more money.  In addition to better, more strategically placed ads, a higher number of ads will increase the likelihood of clicks in the first place.

All of that is in addition to the ability to carefully select ebay and amazon sales next to relevant items without it becoming obtrusive.

You don't get paid for page views.  Make your ads count.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, thats not guite true, you dont get paid very well for page views, but some ads do pay per impression, my sites make about .25 usd a day from impressions, nothing to write home about, but its better than 0.00

Im guessing the OP, just used the term page view to refer to traffic

1. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a little bit pedantic, don't you think?

2. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You say that some ads do pay per impression? How do you get those ads? I have not seen that here before.

Yeah, I wanna know that as well. I was not aware of this being available here on hubpages, & would be very interested to learn more.

6. jacobkuttyta profile image43

Thanks for the information, I never thought like that.

Thanks a lot....

7. profile image58
    notme1posted 14 years ago

I think its not the amount of hubs you post its the info in the hubs, if you know different please don't yell the reply but write it nicely!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)