Why can't people accept their mistakes and move on.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (32 posts)
  1. WeStand4Freedom profile image39
    WeStand4Freedomposted 14 years ago

Just because you voted for president Obama, doesn't make you a bad person, everyone believed that he was gonna 'CHANGE THE WORLD" also in the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, yet, Obama is RUINING THE WORLD. No Good changes have been made or set in force by this administration. It is time to recognize our mistakes, be good little boys and girls accept the mistakes we made in move on to fix the problem. President Obama needs to be impeached. Until then , he will continue to think we are stupid. WE ARE NOT STUPID, just a little shell shocked. Come on America Lets Go.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see we are going to have a problem with you and thread the forum.

As I've already stated in your other pathetic forum is that YOU are not helping solve any problem with your rants. It would be nice, if you were more constructive in helping fix the problem, instead of being an annoyance.

Now, how you take criticism is going to prove to be intersting, I am sure. How ever, since you have a disagreement with the President of the United States, then I suggest you talk or write to your Congress person of your district and make noise that way. The FACT that you're in a public forum SCREAMING bad Obama....I suggest you take your focus energy and point it into a safe direction and a more positive humanizing task.

You might actually learn how to be a better human being and even learn a thing or two. You are a prime example of someone who screams the most to be heard, because their needs are being met. Well, get on board to what's called Life.

If your needs are not being met, then I suggest you try and fix it, instead of yelling about something the President of the United States has or has not accomplished in his first year in office.

Seriously, if you want to rant, go ahead a rant, and at every turn I will defend the President of the United States, simply on the basis, he is trying to do something, BUT it's BUSINESS who has control. He's up against that- so back off.

If you really knew what was going on in this Country, you wouldn't be blaming the President, because it's not his fault in the first place.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. WeStand4Freedom profile image39
        WeStand4Freedomposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You obviously misinterrpreted what I meant. I am simply and unemployed American (like many) married to man that has a state certified building contractor license that we might as well us it to start a fire with. We are going to loose our house, loose everything we have worked so hard to attain w/o the help of one person. The president made many promises prior to his inaugeration, promises that have not been kept and have actually gone in the opposite direction. NO, I am not going to be an annoyance as you say.Im just a very unhappy American looking to talk with other people who may feel the same way I do.

2. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The problem is you and people like you think everybody else is stupid. You make statements that are completely false and you think everybody else is stupid enough to believe you or too stupid to check your "facts". You haven't caught on to the fact that your worst nightmare came true. You are addressing a thinking public now. The stupid people you are trying to address is shrinking. The right wing is melting away like the Wicked Witch of the West. The few of you that persist I just have no words for. I dont know if it is sad, scary, or funny.

1. profile image0

I love you

1. Friendlyword profile image59
          Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kiss Kiss

3. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Bush had only been impeached 2 years before he sent the USA to the brink of bankruptcy and to the bottom of the foodchain, you may not have a need to bother with this post.

The world view is that Obama is the best thing that happened to the USA for a long time.  It's the small vocal minority in the US who has no idea they are looked upon as STUPID for allowing Bush back in and RUINING THE USA.

Make sure you stop shopping at Walmart in the same breath you write your next comment.

4. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't vote for him so I didn't make a mistake. I agree with you though, virtually everything he's done has been wrong for America and what he proposes will continue to inflict pain upon the middle class and the economy, which I believe should be his focus.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GO WHERE, Impeachment like you said? Oh cmon, I dont think you will be ever be contented with anybody sitting there in Washington,

I would be content in having ONE president that did what they said they would do. Just because I am unhappy w/ the current president doesn't mean I was happy with Bush.

2. G.L.A. profile image84
    G.L.A.posted 14 years ago

If the election of Obama was a mistake, it is only one of countless 'mistakes' Americans have made during the past 4 or 5 decades.. and odds are we'll continue making mistakes.

3. profile image0
    worried manposted 14 years ago

Why can't Republicans just accept defeat(and the will of the electorate)and move on.

1. profile image0

you move on quite nicely not responding to me earlier so you tell us cowboy

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You better be prepared to take the blame too. Because, as a citizen- you are to blame. You voted- ? If you did then you're to blame, just as much as anyone else who casted a ballot.

You keep electing fool after fool, after fool, you get a fool result, screwed up.

3. WeStand4Freedom profile image39

That right there is the problem in America, Republican, Democrat , Leftist's, Right Leaning, Black , Red , Blue, Who cares what you want to call it. If there is defeat , we all take the fall.

4. Springboard profile image83
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One might have asked the question of the liberal left wing who still to this day claim that Bush stole his first term in office. It's a simple matter, really. When people don't like the outcome, however fair, they tend to discount it.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I'm done!

1. profile image0

It's ok he ran away again as always

1. profile image0

coward

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Oh well.

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I'm Canadian and admire Obama moreso than our PM tongue least Obama has backbone smile support our Troops, yes! n I agree, if you have such a problem...talk to your Congress man,  there is a web site that lists them hmm Problems don't get resolved crying bout it.

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Most of the world admire and respect Obama. We get decent news coverage here, mostly facts. I watch American Television and think "How can anyone believe this tripe?
    America is it's own worst enemy. You get a moderate intelligent young president and all you want to do is knock him down so that your party is "right."
    How bloody childish and churlish can you get?

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Not often I disagree with you Ernest - but Obama is merely continuing to do the same as his predecessor. No change here. Plus  very few Americans give a shit about foreign perception. Most of them never leave the country.

Still - the powers that be just want us fighting amongst ourselves - which is easy to make happen.

It is rather funny the amount of people who were anti-Obama because of his proposals - are now anti-Obama because he did not do what he said he was going to.

Gawd - we are stupid.. sad

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are a little population of 20 Million and looking from here and measuring ourselves against America (a local passtime) we do not expect a large economy like the US to turn around quickly, nor do we see Obama as some sort of god power as president.
      He has to find his way through, he can't just tip the whole bottle out and start again, although I wish he would get a start in treasury. We are not satisfied, that would be another matter, but we are less afraid, and can recognize that he is not the fool portrayed here! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is not a fool. He did lie to America and will not make the changes promised. He has done exactly what I expected him to do. The same as Bush was doing. He will leave office a very wealthy man. wink

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Mark great point!!

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Looking forward to either of you guys running for President yourself...

10. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

A President doesn't respond to criticism with, "Yeah? Well, then you try it and see how well you do!"

The President doesn't really care what we think. Even though majority voted him into office. This is how he repays those that did, by not listening to concern.

11. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Ha! Bush and Cheney never admitted their mistakes and that was 8 YEARS worth! smile

They didn't lie to get elected. Not to the degree Obama did anyway. Just because Obama played the game well doesn't mean he won. His popularity is dwindling.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)