Obviously Newbie. I am after the big money only.

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (119 posts)
  1. profile image49
    Nell Gwynnposted 14 years ago

I will not advertise my Website, but will say, that currently I earn over $2000 per week by working, almost entirely online.
    I came to Hubpsges for the traffic, but am dejected when I hear of people being excited, about earnings, of only $1000 per month.
    These seem to be people that others see as succesful.
    What I need to know, is do they make additional earning, as I live fairly high and couldn't be bothered with the amount of work they seem to be doing for such small recompence.
    Your advice will help me decide if I stay with the Pages, as I do not need a Social Site. (I am currently on Facebook and Netlog)
    Thanking you in anticipation

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Probably not worth your time, then.

1. profile image49
        Nell Gwynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm getting that impression Rochelle, no one has really said that they make a viable income, just the words "good money" I am of the opinion that "good money" is around the $1000 mark, yet am still unable to find out, just how many make even this amount. I have made an analysis of some of the high Hubscore holders, yet even that is not indicitive of much at all.

1. thranax profile image72
          thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubscores fluctuate constantly day by day and hour by hour. There not a great indicator for anything at all. All i have to say is few make $1000 I know of, but that reflects how much effort they used to get to that point. It also depends on what medium they are focusing on for profit...Adsense, eBay, Amazon, or Kontera. Everyone does Adsense almost automatically, the others are less likely to tell and don't lead to much unless your good at affiliate sales.

If you want to make real Hard money Quickly online, you need to sell something, not collect advertising money. Advertising is pennies to what ecommerence is.

The only benefit to advertising money, is its easy to understand, has no rules, nor limits really. No calling, no shipping, no packaging, no hassle!

~thranax~

1. profile image49

Thanks again, I am selling, and obviously that is viable.  Just want to take it up a step, best way to my mind seems to be by, bettering the Traffic.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I challenge you to tell me with what you are making 2000 dollars a week.  I would like to see what you are doing and I will critique it.

If what you are doing is legit you wont have a problem telling me what you do.

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't make 2,000 a day Dale. Just read what he says and compare it to an everyday fellow lol. He made the post hoping to get us all to FLOCK here and tell him how to make money! If he was doing that well, he wouldn't be here he would be improving what he's "doing already".

~thranax~

1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
          Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree and thats why I put out the challenge to him.  Obviously someone who wont be here long

2. profile image49

You will see that I said $2000  week, which is not a huge sum, at all. At age 35 I would be relatively happy with $2000 a day. I believe that the sky is the limit, and even feel that that amount would be achievable.
          People have criticised me before. I am happy enough to take both criticism and hand it out. I so far see alot of people that are happy to work for very little, so given that It would seem unlikely that I would ask such people, how to improve my Traffic flow, when quite clearly they are mostly unhappy with their own.

1. candice5 profile image59
            candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that possibly you are not on the same wave length, the people on here write Hubs, and they have adsense and sell Amazon products and e bay products etc etc etc. So no they would not make alot.
            Some seem to make around the $800-$1000 mark, so I suppose that would be as well as their income, like kind of a supplement.
            Not bad to have a month extra.
            I think what no one has said is that I don't think you would want to do the things required to make even this money.
            For example you have to write Hubs, link check backlinks etc,
            Then you have to put other stuff up for Sale as well like the e bay stuff which means, picking product to match the Hub which you have written.
            Then you build a fanclub.
            Its not what I think you are wanting, have you tried traffic swarm that got me up to the $500.00 threshold.(twice) Just a thought.

1. profile image49

Thank you very much of the info given is getting ambiguous, I am now being told that some people earn more than I do, whereas before that it was apparently not the case. I am now confused. Thank you for your message.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
            Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a bunch of horse-puckies....

1. AEvans profile image70
              AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I concur not only horse-puckies but horse manure too! lololo big_smile

3. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I had to bet on a post in this thread, my money's on this one...

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
            Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I would do the same, but to make things more clear, there are active hubbers on HubPages who make more money online(HP and other streams of income) than what he claims to make.

2. profile image49

I make $2000 per week, by acting as a Consultant, I advise clients on a particular product, I gain Royalties on the Product, which I own full rights to. (intellectual) I have sold the production rights.
        I am not prepared to take the bait and name the Company, which I previously owned, I now am able to sell product but with very specific guidelines, going onto a Site such as this, and opening up, would be in breach of these guidelines.
        Much as I would love to ask you all to go take a look. I simply am not allowed to do so. You have already helped the traffic flow, but on a very marginal level.
        So whilst I see I could have alot of fun on here, unless the traffic increases throughout the week, I will not be utilizing  this Site.

3. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame when people feel the need to belittle the hard work and achievements of others.  Especially with this ^ bullshit.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I laugh at it! I doubt this person is still around actually. Looking for a get rich quick scheme probably. Good riddance to bad rubbish! I love the honesty of this site, work hard and you might do ok here, sounds about like real life actually lol

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you need to write your first article first, I think that earning in affiliates here takes a lot of patience and hardwork, but really you need to show your first article so people will know if they will read it

5. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are just trying to market your money making course, that you may have. Otherwise you should have asked any problems or suggestion about the usage of hubpages, not just boast your earnings

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Good luck. I'll leave it at that.

1. profile image49

Sounds ominous, so I am wasting my time, that is given my situation, only.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard that Pgrundy is even calling it quits.  I know she made big bucks at one time.  I'm not to sure what happen.  But a lot of people are leaving.

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is untrue as far as I know. Many people move onto to better things once they have learnt enough on Hubpages, but there is no evidence that Hubpages is going into decline.

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People are leaving for emotional reasons and that is not how people are suppose to make decisions. If they feel that way, then they do. There is no reason to cry over spilled milk, per se. What happens in the forums isn't to get upset about. Which, I know is the reasoning behind some leaving. This is a mistake, but nothing I can do about it. Therefore, it isn't going to effect my work.

People are going to come and go, just like people are born and die. Things are forever changing and there isn't anyone who can stop it from happening. Letting it burden you or hinder your momentum forward is a mistake better seen now, then not see it and your earnings suffer. I can understand your view and hopefully you can now see how I look at it. I'm not trying to be rude or dismiss these other people, because I'm not trying to do that. But, I can see how it came to pass. big_smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
            wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

GO COWBoys wink . .. well.  that is my way of saying here I like what you just said Cag. . forums can be fun

3. profile image49

I realised that she was one of the High Flyers, I have been watching all the Traffic Sites of late, this is the sort of concern that I have had, it is the reason I want input.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Pam would share her experience with you.  I've never made money, good money at this.  My topics are a little racey, and confrontational to some.

2. Will Apse profile image89
            Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hoodwinked into posting links? Need input? You don't need to post links to fill in a profile, you don't need to write a short story Hub- write anything you like. I do wonder what the issue is here. Why not just get a social life?

1. profile image49

Goodness me I have a social life, why the angst?

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

yes, many make additional earnings with other sites.

1. profile image49

Thank you, so it is a Traffic Site, and the $1000 people are just hobbiests, This answer is helpful.

4. candice5 profile image59
    candice5posted 14 years ago

Yikes I am green, biggest payout for me has been $500, and that was through Property selling, Send me a Message, I am an Architect, I make less than $2000 per week, will make more in two years time, Junior at mo. What are you selling online? Sorry to pry, just interested.

1. profile image49

I am reluctant to discuss the merits on a Forum Candice, but as an Architech I would have expected a much larger rate of pay.
      Have you looked at travelling from wherever you are, Architects are valueable commodities in many Countries.

1. candice5 profile image59
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not fully licensed I have two more years practical work to go. Then I am off to Europe.
        But I would love to hear any ideas to make extra online. Thanks.

5. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

0 hubs. Dismayed at the inadequacy of other Hubbers? No interest in sharing what you do? The question is does Hubpages need you?

1. profile image49

This is the question, which I have asked and I suppose vice versa would apply. I have no intention wasting time writing short stories, if the reward is not sufficient, hence no Hubs. As for what I do I have explained to Candice5 that I am not going to be hoodwinked into breaching the Terms of Service, by posting links.

1. wesleyacarter profile image57
        wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you sound like a cyborg. half human half robot.

Is that really how you make your money?

1. profile image49

Deleted

1. wesleyacarter profile image57
            wesleyacarterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you gotta loosen up buddy. haha just kidding, make money!

1. profile image49

Thanks for the Humour, nice to keep it light.

2. chucky12 profile image59
      chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been tryin to stick somethin together that makes sense since I signed up. So I haven't written a Hub, but one is comin, Tell ya what tho it'd have to be a doozy to net me $2000 a year let alone a week or a day, most made to date $5.75 on the Amazon. I don't get how the big spinners on here do it. I'm at a loss with FAQ and SEO a backlink is probably something that holds my braces together.
      But believe it or not I enjoy the rare bit of Forum banter,( I work with truckies, and ya don't get alot of sense there.) and arent here to make money at all.

1. profile image49

I do not exactly understand what it is that you are saying, but I have sen that you have not written, Have you made any money at all.

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
          DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Calm down Nell, seems someone wants big bucks on here without earning them, you won't get them with no content. And if you're gonna start putting down peoples achievements on this site then you can just leave, a lotta people have done a lot of work on this site to get their money, don't bring down their efforts.

No pain no gain, no hubs no money.

1. profile image49

I have at no time put down anyones efforts, what is happening here is that I myself am being put down.

Yes you are, because you're being a lazy whining irritant.

1. profile image49

You Sir are very rude.

I can be ruder if you like?

1. frogdropping profile image77
                    frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol are you at it again? Are you bad in the mornings DogSiDaed? You are ... aren't you wink

2. profile image49

I too could possibly equal your rudeness, but I have no wish to, this speaks volumes about us both, do you not think?

3. profile image0
                    baconmidgetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif

6. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

The best way to see if Hubpages is for you is to write Hubs! I don't see any so far.  No need question the membership here. If your online skills are as great as you seem to believe they are...you will make alot of money here.

1. profile image49

Thank you Michael, I am trying to skip this step as it were, if I am just wasting time.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By adding at least a few hubs, you can get a better feel for this site. Don't judge us too soon. You might end up liking it here.

2. profile image49

My online skills are proven, they are not writing skills, in fact I doubt many Hubbers would understand what it is I do, hence the fact, I have not gone into full detail.
      I am as I stated looking for a good traffic Site Hubpages I was aware of as I was aware of Squidoo How to etc., I have written a few pieces for How to these were well recieved, and I did make money, it was however very little.
      I will explain a little about myself.
      I built my first propert at 19, owned my own Company at 25 and have technically retired at 35. Problem is I just can't seem to retire, I need to be doing something, this is why I turned to the Net.
      I am still signed up to the Buyers of my Company to smooge new clients, this I have to do for another Year. Hence I don't need any more Social activity as suggested by another man.
      I was hoping that this Post would be viewed in a mature way, expected the oddball  such as the "move along move along man"
      But thank you for your answers.

1. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the additional info about yourself. I am not a "pro online" as you must be. I know there are those that make a great deal of money from here. I am not one of those. But there are also those who come into the forums who try to help others improve. Everyone has to start somewhere.
        Hubpage members will get defensive when they feel someone is "downing" this site. I sensed that at the beginning, but chose to open up to what you might be saying and asking for. There are those who have been here for a long time and have had success making money here. Maybe one of these members will be able to help you better.
        Good luck with what you are looking for. Whether it is here or not.

1. profile image49

Thank you very much, I should have, perhaps given a little background insight  in the first instance. I am coming to grips with new Product and an whole new way of working. It is all new to me, I asked and am relatively happy with the overall picture that I am getting from the various answers.

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"smooge"?  Oh, you mean "schmooze". lol

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

Empress I'm pretty sure he meant "smooge" clients as he is "smooging" us here with all his c**p smile

1. profile image0

I just looked up "smooge" and here's what I found:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smooge

lol lol Fantastic - I love learning new words and this one will come in very handy...

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

I love new words too smile

1. profile image49
  7. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

These aren't the online money making opportunities you're looking for. Move along... move along.

1. wyanjen profile image72
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image49

I am unsure of what this remark means exactly, also why do I need to move along, others are sharing experiences, this was my intention, to gain public knowledge.

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means what it means LOL - hubpages is NOT the place to make any serious money. If you are looking for that kind of place, just move along. smile

1. profile image49

Thank you, so these pages do not generate alot of Traffic, (this is contrary to what I have heard from outside these Pages) that could help my Site. I must admit that you say Move along a little nicer with the lol. Surely ther must be top earners on any Site, it is these people I wish to hear from.

3. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Obi... he is on the dark side of the force!

8. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

It's a line from Star Wars directed at you for acting like a Real Housewife of Orange County ! ... move along...move along!

1. profile image49

I would never have understood it then, sorry thanks for the explanation, I didn't want to diversify from my original query, But what exactly is a Real Housewife from Orange County?. I abhor Starwars. As I do all Sci Fi.

9. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Nell, why don't I break it down completely for you,

-Hubpages is a writing site which discourages spam links to your online overpriced ripoffs.

-Hubpages generates a tremendous amount of traffic. It takes work, seo, and quality writing inorder for this to happen.

-Hubpages allows you to link to outside sides, but if you spam your banned. One link to your website with a hub about the TOPIC seems acceptable.

-This is a writing site, if you dont wanna TAKE time writing, then this isn't for you.

-The rewards are limitless, and reflect only the amount of work an individual does - no copy paste if you like copying others.

I hope this helps you educate yourself about being here, we would LOVE for you to stay if you will write and not spam, but if you wish to just SPAM for money, then like the rest say:

MOVE ALONG!
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rTdnjj_0uYM/SqnQV3dWT1I/AAAAAAAAAiY/vJmEQ_FnbKg/s320/hit-the-road-jack-sleeve.jpg
    ~thranax~

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I just signed up with Squidoo a couple of weeks ago.  I think I should go post on their forum how I'm I'm only interested in the Big, Giant, Bucks; and while I'm at it, I'll make sure they know there's no way on Earth I'd ever grace their pages with my amazing earning potential for the peanuts all those those other schmucks make there.  In fact, I think I'll become a millionaire on Helium; and when I do I'll come back and let you all know how I did it.   lol  (Oh, no, wait - I'll keep it a big secret.)

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lisa this sounds like a spectacular plan! You will let me in on the secret to your eventual success I hope big_smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll share my secret, but only if there will be huge Bucks in it for me if I do.  After all, I'm only interested in earning $7 million a day - anything else - I'm too lofty and sophisticated for.  lol

2. alexandriaruthk profile image70
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

we are all after the big money, who wouldnt like it? but then it needs output as well and studying basic things like writing what you knows bets, linking them and a good sense of keywords that sells too, I heard that ryankett said that darkside articles about ancient history is earning so  it is up to you if you want to earn too

3. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Never believe what anyone tells you they make. Anyone who really makes 2 grand a week does not need to bother about coming onto a hubpages forum. Go find other forums to tell the masses how your only there for big bucks. A black hatter forum would be perfect.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My troll/sock-puppet senses are acting up...

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking the same thing. I bet we know this person under another name - and there's some sour grapes being served here. Nothing is adding up or making sense.

1. profile image49

I, have no idea, why you would think you know me Madam, as I certainly do not know who you are, I opened this account for one purpose, this is it.
          I checked, to see if there were any sensible answers.
          To those that gave them, I say thank you, you have been very helpful.
          To you Madam, I think you would be a person, that never moved far from a conspiracy theory.
          Have a Cherry Christmas.

5. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

UW, either that or, as wesleyacarter noted, a cyborg.   lol  All three possibilities did strike me.

6. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Nell (not Nelle), many of us are here at HP becuase we simply enjoy writing. We also like the community spirit of the site and enjoy getting to know and interacting with other writers. Of course, some hubbers are solely here to  make money. I fit in the middle - I like writing, meeting other hubbers, and making a little money, too. I could be making much more money by concentrating my efforts with freelance publishers, but it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable for me. I guess it's all in where your priorities lie!

1. profile image49

Habee thank yopu for your honesty, and the fact you answered a question, without getting all tetchy.

7. profile image49

It would appear, that very few are taking a genuine enquiry seriously, Suffice to say I don't feel that there are alot of millionaires around here.
      So I say in parting, I would not bother writing a Hub, to see if people might like or dislike it.
      (As I said I am not a Writer)
      You have however made me feel really happy, that at very least, I am a good deal more affluent than many. So perhaps rather than worrying about Traffic Increase, I will just go with the flow.
      Interestingly people on other Sites where I have asked the same question, have been very helpful.
      So thanks to those that saw this as a genuine request, to the rest, stop feeling like you are non achievers, I say this with a smile, most people have something good about them.

8. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 14 years ago

One of the things that makes me nervous, is that nobody ever gives an honest total of what they actually earn with hubpages.
      Some are saying they earn just pennies a day with 100 hubs, while others with just a few hubs are saying they are earning
      over $1,000.00 a month.

So, it sure is nerve racking for someone new like me, who is here to earn money, and need it desperately. Hearing all these conflicting numbers, not knowing who is really doing what.
      But, I do know that exposure is the key to success.

I have only been published here sine the 14th, and have decent
      numbers of hits for just starting out. So, I figure by february of next year. I should be making money. At least I hope so!

1. profile image0

I think the people who earn $1,000 a month are either:

Being economical with the truth

Have something like 600 hubs and/or

Use lots of backlinking, keyword research/optimisation, blogs, networking and affiliate marketing (both on HP and their other sites)

to get the money in.  This third group of people aren't using Hub Pages as their sole source of income, in other words.  And what's more, they treat is as a full-time 12 hour a day job, not a social networking opportunity with a bit of money-making potential attached.  That's my assessment anyway.

1. profile image49
      2. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi briman, many hubbers do give honest answers about what they earn at hubpages. Not everyone wants to disclose that info which is their personal choice, but there's thread at the moment from whitney05 who has said how much she has earnt recently. I can recall many other such threads. There is a huge variation in what people earn here - it needn't make you nervous!

A hubber can have 100 hubs and not earn very much at all if their hubs are not on topics that are going to earn. As an example my hubs on dream interpretation have an extremely low pay per click whereas my hubs on pregnancy have a much higher pay per click. So if i had 100 hubs on dream interpretation even if i got loads of clicks I would still only earn pennies.

I completely understand where you are coming from! If you need any help or advice just email me. I've been working online for just over a year so I wouldn't say I'm a guru or anything like that, but I can teach you what I have learnt.

9. docrehab profile image59
      docrehabposted 14 years ago

To make big money with Google Adsense + Hubpages you don't need to write about anything but find niches and write many quality content hubs. Google will drive you a lot of targeted traffic and clicks!

1. profile image49

Thank you very much docerehab, especially for your politeness. A Breath of fresh air I might add.

10. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Nell, the fact is folk are cagey. There's been so many idiots come and go, many with claims of the cash they're earning etc etc.

And when other's find out or have an inkling of what you may be making money from, many will immediately rush out a similar hub, which simply causes direct competition. I've had hubs regurgitated more than once and it is annoying.

For the record I reach the $100 payout level each month. I haven't been here long and only the 2nd half of my time here has been spent writing to earn.

I'm no expert, I suspect those that are would, could and should earn a lot more a lot quicker. Many of my hubs don't earn a red cent. Factor that one in.

It's all about niches, SEO and work. Maybe not what you're looking for.

And the above information is factual, the last time I checked. Nothing but the truth smile

1. profile image49

Your writing is possibly some of the best, that I have seen, on here. So thank you my friend, I have taken this information on Board. I accept that many wish to take short-cuts, I am a businessman and as such, probably look also to cut corners and work my time use out to it's best effect.

1. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou smile

And I understand why you would wish to cut corners. If you're the dogs nuts re SEO, have a few freelancers standing by, give it a shot. I do believe that a select (savvy) few have made a lot in a short space of time.

Good luck.

1. profile image49

I will possibly look at the freelancers, that is not something, that I had thought of, tell me a little of the legalities of such actions. I would be worried with relation to copyright, I mean who would own the work. Myself or the freelancer, once I had paid them?

11. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Back on topic _ Nell, if you are already earning well with your own sites, I'd have thought you already know enough to understand how revenue-sharing sites work and the likely return.

HubPages is a great place for newbies to earn their internet spurs and earn money at the same time, at a higher rate than most other revenue-sharing sites and in a more supportive environment, where people are willing to share information.

But in reality, once you know what you're doing, you're going to earn more on your own site.  HubPages then becomes a fantastic tool:  one of the few places where you can get do-follow links to your own sites, on an article which actually pays you money at the same time.  If you're genuinely earning a good income online, you already know how valuable that is.

1. profile image49

I had an office full of qualified people at my disposal, my own skills need honing very much. But thank you. My success is no very much up to me.

12. profile image0
      baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

you know nell if you put this much efort in writing a hub on here you could be pretty popular

1. profile image49

I do hope so. I did like the little chap you put on, was he being very rude?. I have bad eyesight.

I think it was just a laughing/crying smiley tongue

1. profile image0
            baconmidgetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes like when you laugh so hard you cry

13. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I make money on and off Hubpages.

However I have found that Hubpages creates more money, for less maintenance than any single one of my old websites.  I have also found that creating advert optimized layouts is much easier than with any other CMS out there.

If for nothing else, Hubpages can give you free no-follow backlinks between PR2-4!

However Hubpages might not be for everyone, it is definately worth giving a go though.I earned over $1000 this month on only 50 hubs, many of which are not advert optimized, but created for backlinks.

14. ixwa profile image78
      ixwaposted 14 years ago

0 Hubs and one follower, and a lot of responses on the forums might be helping you, but content is important too. Interesting you have one follower and zero Hubs. ... Go figure

I'm his follower tongue And only because of some banter XD However, apparently Nell will be posting content in the New Year smile

15. EngagementRing profile image62
      EngagementRingposted 14 years ago

I find that the people that are the most successful on hubpages are the ones that write because they enjoy it and want to make a little money on the side. This site isn't a get rich quick scheme and if it was, it wouldn't be very popular. Your heart has to be in it or people won't care to read what you're writing about. I am not thrilled to be writing tons of articles on jewelry but I do care about the content and I hope that it helps the people that read it.

16. profile image49

Thank you to you all, and to all a good Festive Season, I have decided what to write about for my first Hub. Whilst many were anything from cold to downright rude, I have had help and thank my one follower and all the others that have taken the time.
      I look to publish the Hub in the New year. It will be about interpersonal skills, and hopefully will not be too boring.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)