The snow has started! 12 to 16 inches by noon tomorrow!

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (45 posts)
  1. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

Yippee!  Snow in New Jersey! 

Although I hate driving in snow, I'm glad to see it coming, and am hoping it sticks around long enough so we have a white Christmas, something we haven't had in a very long time.

1. Food Wine Travel profile image60
      Food Wine Travelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snow started in Mahattan at 12:10pm...by 1:30 enough snow on whindshields to write your name into...

1. Food Wine Travel profile image60
        Food Wine Travelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We grocery shopped and got a fresh supple of books from the library....now c'mon winter give us your best shot!

2. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

It has been snowing in PA for at least 2 hours...

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

We are covered with it now in NE Ohio.

4. ecogirl333 profile image57
    ecogirl333posted 14 years ago

We've been snowed in for a week... You'd think I would have got more work done!

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

a white Christmas for many~~ enjoy!

I'll be enjoying the florida sunshine. cool

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Nothing here in Connecticut yet, but the skies look really, really nasty. sad

7. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

It may snow in NC

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

This is how is looks in Nothern VA:

http://hubpages.com/u/2294324_f520.jpg
    http://hubpages.com/u/2294325_f520.jpg
    http://hubpages.com/u/2294326_f520.jpg
    http://hubpages.com/u/2294327_f520.jpg

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

awesome, very nice, WHITE CHRISTMAS

no snow here in DALLAS< ten days ago yes, but it is gone...

9. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Misha, It is beatiful! White holidays!

10. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

beautiful, no grilling this weekend?

enjoy it, throw a snowball at me!

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

We had a dusting the other day, but the forecast says we are to receive about 10" by tomorrow morning. But, it has even started yet. smile

12. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

we have at least 14 inches of snow in WV

13. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Cape Cod Massachusetts looks like snow is going to start any minute!!

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's 9:40 pm and still no snow. I'm in Sandwich where are you? I saw no signs of snow all day. But I'm snugged with eggnog and brandy. Matt is in Maryland, near BWI, and he said it's truly a blizzard.

14. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Wow.

15. pddm67 profile image61
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

Started here in Queens, NY about 15 minutes ago. The kids can't wait for it to accumulate. Just hoping the hubby makes it home before the roads get really bad.

16. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Southeastern PA is well covered.  Last I looked out a window there was at least 6 inches.  We are forcasted at 12"-20".  Hope I can get home from work!

17. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

@Misha - Wow! That's quite a "blanket" you have there!

18. lrohner profile image68

2:30pm and still no snow. Anyone else in the Northeast seeing the fluffy stuff yet?

19. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

I'm in a pocket here...we've been getting forecasts of up to 20 inches by tomorrow morning, but there's a scant inch or so on the ground.

Misha, the photos are awesome!  That's the snow I'd like to play in.

20. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

at 2pm we had 16 inches and it was snowing like crazy.  It was hard taking a picture.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lady G, I think you in WV are getting the brunt of this storm.  In a way I envy the magic of it, but having been there with friends and my daughter in college, I know the awesomeness of this kind of winter storm and the havoc it can wreak on valleys and mountainsides (of which you have plenty) and on the interstates, too, with their speed limits of 70 mph or more.  Hope you are hunkering around a warm fireplace and staying off the roads.

But then, you live there because you are strong and free, taking the WV storms of winter into stride.

21. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Damn! It is snowing here on the Cote D'Azur. Doesn't happen very often and I expect a good 1/64th of an inch.

Hopefully the sun will burn it off tomorrow so I can go for a bicycle ride. big_smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image78

I suspect southern California is experiencing the same as you are.  But there, they will be surfing tomorrow.  LOL!

22. Sybil Marie profile image60
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

3:45 and snow has not begun. But looks like it will be starting soon and we will be getting alot.
    Misha great pics!

23. John Dove profile image89
    John Doveposted 14 years ago

Snow coming down in Mid-Atlantic US.  Beautiful, but costly in terms of overtime for snow-clearing personnel, equipment and salt. Local governments are already hard-pressed by the economy.

1. wyanjen profile image69
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They're not hard pressed where I am.
      They're already damn broke.

We don't get the luxury of a snowplow for each and every storm. neutral

2. Dao Hoa profile image59
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right. It is costly and this is only the first snowstorm of a harsh winter!

24. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

It's been snowing all day in the Chicago area however we have less than an inch on the ground,very light snow.

25. Dao Hoa profile image59
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I just got home from Penn State University Park's Winter Commencement, which started at 9:00AM!

The snow started around 4:00AM Saturday morning and still going strong. We get about 14 inches already! The roads are dangerous, especially driving at night. A 2 hours trip turned into almost 4 hours trip!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

be safe Dao!

1. Dao Hoa profile image59

Thank you Maita. We will have a lot of snow to shovel tomorrow
        sad

2. Sally's Trove profile image78

Penn State students, faculty, and citizens share a "do or die" mentality when it comes to weather hardships, like their WV compatriots.  The last commencement I attended was here in SE PA in the middle of May...what a woosie I am.  That was easy!

1. Dao Hoa profile image59

We were hoping they would cancel or at least postponed it, but they did not! We spent a whole day driving for 90 minutes ceremony!

26. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 14 years ago

Hiya, hope it does'nt do what it has done over here!!! yesterday, lovely snow, today ice ice ice... twice I have gone out, three times I have slipped over. It literally has turned into a skate ring. If somebody has invented airbags for your posterior, please do tell!!

27. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

only flurries in IN

28. lrohner profile image68

8:15pm here in Connecticut and the flakes have just started. Expecting a foot or more by tomorrow night.

29. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

We don't get snow where I live...

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would be jealous, but those first few flakes turned out to be just that -- a few flakes. If we get anymore tonight, I'll be sure to send you a pile of the white stuff -- express! smile

30. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Snow is here.

31. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

No snow here in Georgia

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)