Does someone want my adsense earnings ? 5 to 10$ per month

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (55 posts)
  1. thecounterpunch profile image60
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago

As I said here my adsense earnings is not great as I don't know how to promote
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/1398

But if you are good at promoting webpages you will do better than me and I will offer 100% of all adsense earnings to you by putting your adsense id on my hubs.

Because it doesn't count for me to make money with this hubs, what counts is the number of people who could read me.

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

you could donate your earnings to one of your local charities or a local school, when you recieve your cheque.......jimmy

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy--  I think his problem isn't so much what to do with the money, but that he wants more people to read his hubs and is willing to trade the money for more readers.

One way to do this more directly would be to run some adwords advertisements for key terms related to your hubs.  A lot of your hubs are niche enough that you could probably get some good targeted traffic at close to the minimum bid (which I think is 5 cents a click).  Let us know how it goes, if you do try this.

thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi thanks Paul Deeds for your suggestion. But as I explained, in France it is legally obliged to declare earnings and pay tax on it all is too complicated for me to collect just a few dollars.

And I know nothing about webmarketing so it would be better than someone more knowledgeable than me do this. Oh I forgot, my adsense earnings used to be double when I was active so it was a conservative number.

2. wuzzle29 profile image60
    wuzzle29posted 16 years ago

Hello I am new to this also and have yet to make any money but,like  I said I am new.
    I hope to one day make 5-10 $ per month that would mean I am writting interesting articles people enjoy to readand reward me in return by clicking an ad to buy what I am talking about.

Hope things turn out well for all of us here.cool

3. stubbs profile image64
    stubbsposted 16 years ago

I've thought about adwords it would be great to trade off adsense earnings into adwords without having to receive a check first. Or through hubpages even say gaining a certain amount of adsense for a hub and your rewarded with 5 dollars of adwords, a long way off i know if even possible but its a cool thought.

4. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Huh?

Paul can you explain that more - what do you mean run adwords? Does that mean we can change our adsense settings somehow?

Cos I thought we couldn't..

5. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Adwords is the service where people bid on keywords in order to run the advertisements that appear along side search results, in your hubs, and on the rest of the google ad network.  It is the flip side of Adsense.

6. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Oh.. so were you telling him to advertise?

Cos I thought you meant change something in his adsense account....

7. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

That's a good idea - use the money earned with adsense to buy advertising with adwords.

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Even with excellent Adsense optimization we have here on Hubpages, I bet unproffesional Adwords campain is doomed. Please realize you can easily throw away HUNDREDS of dollars a day on it...

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

yeah, I think Misha's right - a few bucks spent on adwords is probably wasted. OK, I'll take the money if you don't want it - us French inhabitants have to stick together. smile Combined with my paltry earnings maybe I can afford my Tax D'Habitation.  big_smile

Lis ce que je viens de dire: sais-tu que tu es normalement obligé de t'inscrire à l'urssaf en tant que travailleur indépendant et payer des charges sociales forfaitaires smile.

Translation: read what I've just said: do you know you are theorically obliged to register with Urssaf (the french gov social tax) as independant worker and pay fixed social charges smile

De plus je cherche quelqu'un qui s'y connaît un peu plus que moi au niveau webmarketing.
        Moreover I'm looking for someone who knows better than me in webmarketing.

Ou alors je fais une sorte de tombola: le mois prochain c'est toi, si quelqu'un d'autre se présente ce sera lui, etc. smile
        Or I will make some sort of bingo: next month it will be you, the month after if someone wants it will be him etc. smile

9. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

I wasn't arguing that running an adwords campaign would be profitable but that it would be a way to trade money for readership.  You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars, you can set your budget as large or as small as you want.   For $10 you could probably expect to get a 150-200 additional readers.

10. Mark Knowles profile image59

Oui, je sais. Je suis inscrit à URSAAF et ai un nombre de SIRET selon les procédures correctes (en tant qu'ecrivain indépendant.) Mais, je l'ai trouvé prend au moins 3 mois pour produire du trafic de bonne qualité. Surte, je pourrais soumettre au stumbleupon et obtenir quelques cent coups. Si vous êtes sérieux, email je direct.
    English: Yes, I know. I am registered with URSAAF and have a SIRET number as per the correct procedures (as an independent writer.) But, I have found it takes at least 3 months to generate good quality traffic. Sure, I could submit to stumbleupon and get a few hundred hits, but that's not wawhat you are looking for. If you are serious, email me direct.

11. thecounterpunch profile image60

OK Mark I will email you this week-end now I'm gone for the rest of the week.

Hmm, did you write in english then translate into french because the grammar is bizarre big_smile

12. Mark Knowles profile image59

Absolument!

Your English is better than my French any day of the week. big_smile
    I speak it OK, but writing.......

13. Apae profile image60
    Apaeposted 16 years ago

I'm new to the hubbing thing and definately am hoping to earn $5-$10 a month from Adsense. However, when you think about it, even at $10 a month, it'd take you almost a year to recieve a payout lol. I'll do the hard slog myself, thanks. Oh and psst... I've heard some people are earning hundreds a month on HubPages big_smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I've heard that, too, but I haven't actually met one of them yet!  I do remember Maddie Ruud posting that she was earning $10 a day, and you should have seen the number of people who hopped on the boards to congratulate her, so she was obviously doing better than most.   There are an awful lot of people on here not making $10 a month!   

Who cares, it's fun anyway!

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I don't make $10 a day, but I do make more than $10 a month.  Maddie is actually the one who directed me to hubpages--we used to work together at another site that no longer exists.  I think, on average, I'm at about $2 - 2.50 a day.  Some days less, some days more.

14. Apae profile image60
    Apaeposted 16 years ago

I guess it takes a while to be earning that much. Maddie's been on here a while, from what I can gather.

-daydreamZ about Adsnse earningZ-

XD

15. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I can do that for you counterpunch. Sent you an email.

Hello SunSeven, you're clearly the most experienced at promoting hubpages. So I have decided it will be you if Mark Knowles doesn't mind ?

hey, I don't mind. There's a big difference between promoting hot pictures of Indian film stars and Harry Potter spoilers than political commentary though. big_smile
        Not that I have promoted any either big_smile

1. SunSeven profile image60
          SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark, I write and publicize on many other topics too! smile

Hey, No offense! look forward to 200,000 readers soon cp - it's all the same big_smile

No offense taken Mark. You are a great hubber from whom I can learn a lot of new things. I loved your brilliant idea "the contest". I am looking forward to bring you more visitors smile

Warm Regards

Ditto SunSeven. I will keep promoting yours when I come across them on my internet travels.

2. SunSeven profile image60

Thank you for your consideration counterpunch. I already posted about you on my blog. Here is the LINK You can contact me using contact the author button in my profile. smile

Regards

Nice Sunseven, I'm going to contact you.

Thank you CP smile

16. profile image49
    Sailorposted 16 years ago

I think am interested. Give me a acall +2348039165627

Did you join just to get counterpunch's adsense earnings? big_smile

2. thecounterpunch profile image60

Hello Sailor,

Thank you, but clearly it's not prudent to put your phone on the net. As for me I don't want to be known either smile

17. Apae profile image60
    Apaeposted 16 years ago

Most likely not, because they'd have to know about the adsense earning post in the forum, and I don't think just anyone can view the forums... Can they?

18. thecounterpunch profile image60

OK thanks Mark.

To make the point clear since there has been a polemic opened here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/1513
    I'm not transfering the ownership of my hubs since I'm going to continue it, I'm just putting the adsense ID to benefit someone else in the same manner than 50% of the time hubpages put their adsense ID on everybody hubpages.

19. thecounterpunch profile image60

I don't know if it is interesting for you to know: traffic from Search engines, directories and social network is about 16000.

20. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Let the money accrue.

Surely they can't tax something that's not being spent and sitting in Google's bank account over in the US?

In two years time you might have a better idea what to do with it. Indeed you could be making $100+ a month.

Yes that would be possible except there are a mimimum fixed social tax to pay in France I don't remember how much exactly but you won't be able to pay them if you do not earn much more than 100$ per month. In fact if I want to earn money blogguing I would do so on other subjects. This hub is not for money purpose but it can for someone else I would be happy.

21. Mark Knowles profile image59

Or you could still do as Paul suggested and spend the money back with google on an adwords campaign - I don't know if you can transfer the money from one account to the other though and it would sort of defeat the object if you had to pay and then wait for the money to accrue.

22. pplive profile image57
    ppliveposted 16 years ago

Don't do this.Run adword for adsense may lead your adsense account be banned.

23. Lissie profile image78
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

pplive can you explain - are you saying if you run adsense on some websites you cant buy adwords - or is it OK so long as you don't buy adwords for the same websites?

24. pplive profile image57
    ppliveposted 16 years ago

Hi,Lissie.For Example: you buy adword keyword such as "britney spears pics",which is $0.01 per click.After spending 1$,you can lead 100 visitors to your web pages.Then the visitors click on your ads,you can gain 20 dollars.This is called "adsense ambition",many adsense account has been banned for the reason above.This is ture,not a joke.You can ask someone at the forum, http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

25. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Let me clarify a bit, if I may smile
    I believe it is called adsense arbitrage, and it happens when you use Adwords to drive traffic to the same page you use Adsense on. And yes, people get banned from google for this left and right.

26. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

Here is a good discussion of it.    In order for the arbitrage to work, I think you have to either 1) have the ads you pay for not be very related to the content on your destination page, 2)  have a very high click rate on the ads on your destination page (which usually means a made for adsense type of page, with very little legitimate content).

I don't think you would run into problems driving traffic to a legitimate hub, using an adwords campaign.  But as I said before, I don't think it would be profitable thing to do either.

27. Mark Knowles profile image59

Nice one counterpunch ! You opened a real can of worms.LOL
      big_smile

28. AspireNow profile image39
    AspireNowposted 16 years ago

My strategy with accounts that aren't hitting payout is to let them ride. I've done that with Amazon for a while (for some reason, haven't cracked the code on Amazon just yet). My account has built up to where I've got enough from Amazon to cut me a check, but I'm still letting it ride.

Some people have written entire articles for the intention of promoting a product. Other times, they put link bait in their articles.

My preference, although I'm not perfect either, is to just try to write good content, help people, and interlink all my work.

If you're interested in cross-linking, by all means contact me if you have a solid traffic stream.

Thanks,
    Scott
    <snip> no promotional links</snip>

29. SunSeven profile image60

Thanks Mark. I am sure you will find them scattered all over the net!
    Best Regards smile

30. Rudra profile image68
    Rudraposted 16 years ago

So it is sold.
    By the way how did you counterpunch get hub links on top of you blogger website, Kindly share with me if its not too much trouble. Thanks

31. SunSeven profile image60

Nothing is sold here Rudra. I keep posting links to hubs and hubbers all the time on my blogs. Its no big deal. You can see it for yourself if you had checked them. The links are in my profile. smile
    Regards

32. willmcwryter profile image54
    willmcwryterposted 8 years ago

i can promote on digg for you

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

8 year old thread!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And done gone they have. Zero hubs.

33. karasiwa profile image60
    karasiwaposted 8 years ago

what about hubpage earning , i think earning so slow here and .,.,.,...... pl write : ))

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not surprised if you write like that smile

I read your hub and it looks like you have copied and pasted it from Worldtradescanner. If you have, you can expect to have your hub, and possibly your account deleted.

Writing on Hubpages must be your own work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)