Wow finally got to the magic number

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 15 years ago

Hooray!  I have finally earned $100 oz with adsense.  Gosh its taken ages,  maybe it will grow quicker next time.

1. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!

ProCW

2. jyuva profile image58
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!! big_smile

3. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats.. Hope I will also join you soon for this Message..

Keep Going..

4. Hill Country profile image59
      Hill Countryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

WOOHOO!!!!

5. sukritha profile image63
      sukrithaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great to hear that you have Crossed that Limit.

Regards

6. Just_Rodney profile image69
      Just_Rodneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations and celabrations cool

7. guidebaba profile image58
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Initially it took me 3 months to reach this target. The next one took only around 30-35 days. Now it is much Faster..It all started as Fun and ended up with earning $$$..I'M Lovin it...

2. andrews profile image60
    andrewsposted 15 years ago

Wow congrats! You should frame the check to remind you of future success! :-)

Only if you want to though! Lol

1. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Make a copy of it and frame it... CASH the check! haha

ProCW

1. waiting4u profile image41
        waiting4uposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Don't copy, scan it in full color and frame it then CASH the check! hehehehee

3. andrews profile image60
    andrewsposted 15 years ago

Well only for sentimental value of course...LOL

:-)

4. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Congrats smile

5. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks for that,  yeh it has taken me over 9 mths and a little of my lonely blogs.

whats that about 10r 2 cents a week.  No really to me it was an achievement.  But I think cause just got there have to wait till end of august to have it sent out.
    And god knows where I will be in Oz by then.   Oh well still fun.   thanks again.

1. hassam profile image75
      hassamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation,it is really an achievement.

6. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Eileen!

7. BeatsMe profile image53
    BeatsMeposted 15 years ago

Hi Eileen, congrats. smile

8. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 15 years ago

Congratulations wink

9. Dottie1 profile image61
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

Congratulations!  This is just the beginning!

10. New Day profile image67
    New Dayposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!  That is fantastic.  smile

11. MM Del Rosario profile image85
    MM Del Rosarioposted 15 years ago

Hi Eileen,

it took me almost the same time to get paid, now i am on my third pay cheque....it is nice to have something for all the efforts you have done..... well done.....
    MM

12. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Gratz!!! Mines growing very slow and not so steady neutral lol

13. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Congrats Eileen!   We're obviously progressing at about the same rate as I finally got to the $100 mark in June!   

Have you looked at how much you earned for the last couple of months?  When I look at it, the only reason it's taken so long to get to $100 is that the first few months I earned pretty much zilch.  But I earned nearly $20 in May and over $25 in June, so I'm expecting the next $100 cheque a lot quicker.  Hope you're the same!

14. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Well done Eileen :I hope you are going 2 keep writing on your big trip! Marisa is quite right: it took me until March to get my first check: 13 months! I just qualified for my next one! So look at your last few months earnings and multiple it out - you will be pleasently surprised!

Now nice as a check would be make sure you have adsense setup to pay you  direct to your bankaccount: they have to confirm the bank account first so do that now while you are waiting for the end of the month.  That way your money will appear soon after the 20th - not weeks and weeks after when u try to connect with your check!

15. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks everyone for that.  Somewhere I thought I saw that they only pay to Australia by check.  Maybe it was another program.  Because I just went in again and I have got banks details inthere but it is still sitting unverified.  Weird.  I tried to redo but just stayed unverified.

any ideas.   Thanks again

16. Lissie profile image74

Eileen - my account is in New Zealand but I suspect Australia is the same! Adsense needs to verify your bank account is yours.  You give Adsense the account details via the My Account tab. They deposit a few cents into the account  which have a reference code next to it.  You log back into Adsense and confirm the code - then the account is verified ! You can do this now while waiting for payment
    Hope that helps!
    Oh and its paypal that only allows US accounts to be linked !

17. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks again,  yes I did do that Lizzie.  but nothing put in my bank ,  I went back three months just to make sure because didnt remember when I did it.  so have sent them a query email asking why not.

They should get back to me.  Thanks everyone  waiting to get it now.mmmm

18. Marisa Wright profile image85

Eileen, I think if you change your options it may only take effect from your NEXT payout.  So if you didn't change the option before you got to the $100, it may be too late.  Don't quote me, though. I just know that's the way it works on some other sites - eBay,for instance.

19. Lissie profile image74

You have until the 15th of the month that payment is due: I think Eileen said her $100 came up early July so payment is not due until 20th Aug: she has until 15Aug to sort this one out!

20. Marisa Wright profile image85

Good to know Lissie - I still think I'll just let the cheque arrive, though.  There's something nice about actually having it in your hand!  And it will be in Aussie dollars so that's OK.

BTW I've been itching to reply to your comment on my blog about BANS vs phpBay but I can't seem to leave comments right now!

[Eileen - forgive me if I digress for a minute]

I upgraded to phpBay because it lets me show products available to Australia, rather than just products listed on eBay Australia, which is an important difference.  Wayne introduced that feature specially for me (after I emailed him to ask whether the software had that feature) so I felt honour bound to buy the thing after that!

21. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks all,   I have emailed them and they just reply that I changed it and said they donot reply individually so go in and check all forums for results.  But I did that and it said to .....cant remember exact now but did all that and said changed.
    But I still have an unverified thing.  so will wait and see yes I think I do have till the 15thso will see if anything alters before that date.  Thanks again.

22. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Actually I didnt get my hundred dollars until 5or 6th july.  I am 102 today.Thanks

23. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Eileen!  I hope to make it there someday myself.

Will not pay you via PayPal?

24. BaliMermaid profile image58
    BaliMermaidposted 15 years ago

Gosh I really appreciate the notes from everyone indicating how long it took them to get their first $100 check from AdSense.

1. profile image0
      Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My 100$ is after 17 months with 20 hubs and HubScore above 90. Visitors on all hubs are about 100 perday. So, it's about 5 $ per month with 100 visitors everyday.

Well, it's not like that anyway. It's hard to make the formula. Adsense is about advertising and it does not depends solely on how many clicks you got, but also how many $ the advertisers put on their advertisement.

To my surprise, I earn 60 $ last month from HP. But when I checked my GA account, 37 $ is not coming from hubs, but my referral hubs. Between sad and happy.....sad because my hubs are not really productive. This month, I hope it happens again...While last 2 months, my earning was only less than 20$.

But I won't take my $100 first because my bank here will cost me for 30$ for issuing the cheque. No Paypal. Hics...

1. thranax profile image72
        thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

As you make more Hubs and spend more time getting more views, and getting views that actually have people who read and click on things will make you more. I like to look at it like a game of luck, because most people don't click on ads no matter how good they are...unless you make them yourself on your own site smile.

25. Gaget Girl profile image69
    Gaget Girlposted 15 years ago

congrats!

smile

I'm sure there is nothing better than getting that first check after all your hard work! Cant wait till I get there!

26. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Good Job, thanks for posting your successes!

27. tcnixon profile image66
    tcnixonposted 15 years ago

The hardest thing for me was making that first $100 in a month. Now I would be incredibly disappointed if that was all I made in a month. At this point, my goal is to earn $500 in month solely with Adsense (from other sites). I have come close and I certainly measure my Adsense money  in the hundreds, but still not there. smile

However, I am hopeful. Always hopeful. This is one of the reasons why I am now on Hubpages. In addition to wanting to share information, I think it can help me in that endeavour.

Tom

28. Rob Jundt profile image81
    Rob Jundtposted 15 years ago

That's great! I've been here a little over 4 months and am about 1/4 of the way there. I  have seen a gradual increase in the last few weeks. Now if I could only add my $0.14 from Kontera wink I'd be over the hump. Keep us posted.

29. Pagan Crafter profile image59
    Pagan Crafterposted 15 years ago

Whoot!  Congratulations on your accomplishment!  How did you go about reaching that number?  smile

30. Marisa Wright profile image85

Pagan, Eileen and I seem to be progressing at about the same pace. I can tell you that I got to the "magic number" by writing 67 Hubs, (then going back and improving and tweaking them as I learned more about how to write good ones), and having patience!   

I probably could have got there quicker if I had done all the stuff I'm supposed to do, like promoting my Hubs and optimizing for search engines.

31. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Eileen! And it definitely grows quicker after the first pay cheque!

32. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

That's great- I bet it will be sooner than that from now on- I think once the momentum gets going it's just a matter of time before it starts paying off!
    Congratulations!

33. patnamohan profile image58
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Good!!!! But what is magic number!!

1. tcnixon profile image66
      tcnixonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The magic number, in this case, was hitting $100 in one month. If you do so, it generates a check. When folks are first starting out it takes more than one month to hit that amount. Sometimes, it takes quite a few months. smile

34. Eileen Hughes profile image62

I can hear you all laughing  Yes it took me 9 months to make that Mighty $100.  so how much a day or week does that work out.  Oh boy what an income.

But hey I am laughing because I have finally made $105.00 now.  Thanks

1. profile image0
      Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It took me for more than a year! Well, I only published around 5 hubs in that year. What can I say?

lol

35. compu-smart profile image89
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Big congrats Eileen!! im soo happy for you as i was in your very same shoes (high heels) just kidding, not so long ago and its a nice feeling, especialy actually recieving the cheque!! then cashing and then spending it!!  then earning another....

I hope and am sure your next cheque will be earned much much quicker!smile

36. profile image0
    Popular Wealthposted 15 years ago

Kudos, receiving your first check is becoming somewhat of a webmasters right of passage isn't it?  Well done.

37. HiddenCrimson profile image61
    HiddenCrimsonposted 15 years ago

Nice job. I'll be there in a few years...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)