Ryan is leaving us ...

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (46 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ho hum. Big shame. I for one hope he doesn't. He has achieved what he set out to do - write, develop his skills and earn money along the way.

I do wish folks would stop leaving.

I'm not by the way. I like the long haul - with most things.

Ryan - wherever you're going, I wish you the best. Enjoy Christmas and the New Year and I hope your writing brings you great success smile

And in case you change your mind - wlecome back in advance.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really?

he's doing so well here. i don't understand it.

i'm going to go read his profile.

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahh why? It seems as soon as I get here all the established writers are dropping out! sad Ryan, I've enjoyed your content and forum posts, and it'll be a shame when you're gone, hopefully you'll have a change of heart...

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Sheesh. Why is it some of these really smart, sassy writers become disenchanted with this place? I guess I'm not here to earn big bucks, and just want to write, and so I find myself content.

Ryan, don't leave, but if you must, hoping all good things for you.

Last one out, please turn off the monitor and the lights.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry we aren't so smart, sassy by STAYING DC sad

@ FD.... Ho Hum Indeed lol

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Is he?

I didn't know that. Did he say somewhere he is leaving?

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look on his profile, it explains all...

Edit: Cosette beat me to it by 10 seconds and posted a link. i concede defeat tongue

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

suffering cats, this is a major bummer

yes he says as much here:

http://hubpages.com/profile/ryankett

sad yikes

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years ago

i'm sorry DSD.

anyway this is unhappy news.

i have started thinking of the many hours i have put in on these hubs and even though i am beginning to earn it works out to an almost laughable hourly rate

i enjoy it sometimes but

man

this takes the wind out of your sails all right

2. blue dog profile image61
      blue dogposted 14 years ago

ryan,

it's not even close to april 1. 

i hope it's your attempt at a very bad joke. 

how about some input, other than your revised profile?

for hp staff, this fan to follower thing is having serious repercussions...

3. chigoiyke profile image60
      chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

Just a publicity stunt. You guys just act as if we don't know what's up. Is he deleting is account entirely? That's the only way I can say a very warm goodbye but for someone to leave his account running and tell us he is leaving, I think that is the biggest joke of the year. Happy Holidays to all hubbers by the way.

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know that I've ever said such a thing to another hubber before but - do shut up. 

Perhaps you need a little sugar on your tongue, to sweeten up your utterings.

Ryan is heading out the door, as Pam did the other day. What on earth is wrong with saying 'I wish you all the best'?

*shakes head*

And why shouldn't he leave his hubs up? They're his, he's earned the right to continue earning from them, therefore he can leave them where he chooses.

Seriously - there's something decidely sharp about a knife hmm

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had to leave before. for personal reasons.
          this is not my first account, tho it is currently my only one.
          once after leaving, I stumbled upon a thread about my old self, and some things..such as what she/he/person above just said were said about me.

its like seeing your personal pain spread out as speculation on tabloids.

have a little decency.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do agree, it was probably the thread about Pam that made her decide to quickly take everything down. we don't know the situation, so why do people feel free to judge? hmm

2. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My sentiments exactly!
        His account is running so he's not leaving. He might be leaving the forums though I bet he'll still read them!

1. chigoiyke profile image60
          chigoiykeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ma-m for voicing out. That's just the real deal but am sorry I had to say that anywhere.

3. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's done all the time.  smile  Ryan's done it at least once before.  If he's leaving, I wish him well, of course, but he mentions "backlash" against the kind of Hubs he does.  It's not for me to second-guess his reasons, but I'm not under the impression there's been "backlash" against the kind of Hubs he does - just a few people being open about the fact that not everybody enjoys doing that kind of Hub.

I'd be surprised if someone who so often seems to be looking for something to spar over would leave over perceived "backlash".   Ryan's a sharp and capable Hubber, and I really don't think he's the type to "melt" just because some people have complained about the very realities of Internet writing/marketing that he so well knows are the way of the Internet world.

Since Ryan is apparently earning well on HubPages, I find it hard to believe he'd cut off his nose to spite his face over conversation that hasn't always been all puppy-dogs and daisies.  Ryan's always seemed to enjoy challenging others with "edgy" remarks on here (and I'll admit enjoying the challenge from time to time).  I suspect he may be trying to make a point by doing (or saying he's going  to do) the very thing he apparently disapproved of when another Hubber did it.   Oh well, I'll bite and join Ryan in the message of his recent thread regarding the different aims of Hubbers, and agree with Ryan that there are realities of the Internet and if someone can't take the heat they should (as Ryan suggested in other words) adjust or get out of the kitchen.  The difference between the two Hubbers in question, though, is that one Hubber was facing a whole Internet/Hub culture that doesn't particularly value what she had to offer; while what Ryan has to offer is very much the thing that the Internet culture and HubPages clearly values, embraces, and encourages.

In any case, "publicity stunt", "making a point", or just tired of dealing with the many different attitudes/opinions of so many different people (and everyone gets tired of that every so often), Merry Christmas, Ryan.  When it comes down to it, everyone does whatever is right for him at the time; and when it's no longer right does something else again.  It's all part of an Internet culture that says, "ho hum" and "whatever" about people, writing talent, search engines, and sometimes even money.   hmm

1. profile image0

...and yet that's what you're doing.

he put tons of effort and time into writing those hubs - why shouldn't they stay there, quietly earning? just because his hubs are here doesn't mean he is. quit conjecturing and leave him alone.

4. Beth100 profile image68
      Beth100posted 14 years ago

Rayan,

I am going to miss you, the great hubs that you write and all the great information and advice that you have given me (and other hubbers).  I`d prefer if you would stay, but if your final decision is to leave, then good bye it is.

I wish you the best with your book.  Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring peace, prosperity and health.  Good luck Ryan!

Beth

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second the bit about the advice - you've given lots of good info to the rest of us.

5. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

to cosette,

perhaps today its a laughable hourly rate, but two years from now that old content will still be earning and may sum up to quite a respectable return.

The mindset of hourly rate is inappropriate to this field. A "residuals" attitude is more appealing to me.

Hourly rate would get disheartening very quickly!

Peace out, Ryan! I have ideas for you that I will email you over time, good luck wherever you next focus your energies.

Im taking a hiatus at 100 hubs also, but will still hang around and follow up on comments and some forumming (its hard to completely stay away!)

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

sorry to see him go, but everyone is here for different reasons.
      some use it as a spring board ~~ I like it here and plan to stay regardless of who is or isn't leaving.

I haven't read his hub yet... merry christmas Ryan, you've helped so many of us here. smile

7. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well, he did not slam the door behind as some others did, so I guess he will show up in forums time to time. smile

8. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years ago

ugh, my head hurts.
      Its freaking christmas and I am surrounded by drama queens in my family.

Ryan, you are so very good at what you do. sorry I dont comment much, but I am well aware of how hard you work and I admire you.
      I have not yet read your profile, so perhaps I am in the wrong here. I hope your leaving because it is a good move for you, not becuase you are upset.

If your upset, I hope you feel better soon, dont delete your hubs till your sure, dont waste all that hard work. you would feel "silly" when you calm down.  wink (plus Poetlorraine might kick your but)

If its for your best interest, and you have calmly planned it out, then I wish you the very best. Good luck in all your endeavours, and I hope you have a wonderfull Christams.

9. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Good luck Ryan and hope you reconsider after the new year.  At least pop in the forums once in a while. 

Smart move not removing your hubs.  As Sunforged pointed out, they'll be earners for quite a while.

10. charanjeet kaur profile image60
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Arghhhh my heart aches, Losing two of the best hubbers I knew through this platform. This is such a sad way to end this year, Ryan will miss you dearly. Wish you would stay, I want to wish you luck in all the endeavors you take. Would love to keep in touch though, hubs was one way of communication. Hope to see you around forums.

11. keira7 profile image60
      keira7posted 14 years ago

I wish you all the best Ryan. I will miss you. smile

12. chigoiyke profile image60
      chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

Jesus save us. Why is this getting so soulful? What's the hidden big deal? OMG - Good publicity. Smart thinking; Happy Holidays

1. profile image0

thank you, Sunforged.

jealous much?

13. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I am out of here for a few days, so -

Merry Christmas one and all. big_smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And to you too Mark.

2. chigoiyke profile image60
        chigoiykeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Please don't leave, I will miss you. crying
        big_smile big_smile big_smile
        But honestly I benefitted from a site dude (ryan) gave out recently but all am saying is, this is all based on publicity. If not why will you be online with 199 hubs and not stop by. Its easy to anounce retirement but its hard to unretire.
        Happy Holidays people.

14. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I wonder why he is giving it a rest, he was putting teh effort in and making some cash by the sounds of it.

15. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

another one leaving us? sad I'm getting really bummed out! Ryan if you read this stay in contact via email buddy! please? smile sad

16. atil profile image62
      atilposted 14 years ago

Why do people feel the need to create a thread about their leaving? If I were going to leave I would just go.

1. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and we would sorely miss your excellent collection of hubs and all your other valuable insights.

1. atil profile image62
          atilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwwwww, you're sweet

2. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He-he, me too lol

2. profile image0
        Chablis Blancposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why NOT?

17. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Take care Ryan and Best wishes on whatever you choose to do. smile

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

One thread does not a backlash make...

Sorry you are leaving Ryan

19. Bard of Ely profile image80
      Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear thay you are going, Ryan! Good luck with all you are doing elsewhere!

20. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Cosette, I'm not completely sure if what you mean I'm doing is saying "whatever", but if it is, yes - I'm doing that, the way (for the most part) most other people always do when anyone else leaves.   

I, personally, think Ryan would be wise to stay.  I think most people (even if they don't get all upset and excited over who comes or goes) like to see long-term Hubbers stay.  I think most think the Hubs and the work shouldn't just be wiped out.  Then again, though, anyone who decides to wipe out his own Hubs can always do "the next thing with them".  I give people credit for knowing what they're doing when they make that choice, even if I do think it's unfortunate.  I think anyone familiar with the work and efforts and progress of a Hubber like Ryan thinks it's unfortunate if someone feels the need to leave.  I don't think, though, that observing that, when it comes down to it, most people say "whatever" when someone else leaves is saying there's anything horrible about that.  Sure, there are Hubbers who get to be close friends with one or another, and they get more personally attached if a Hubber-friend decides to leave.   In general, though, whether its on HubPages or at work in a corporation or anywhere else, there's only so much feeling bad most people are going to do when someone leaves.  I don't think it's a terrible thing that people just think, "Oh, that's too bad" but then recognize that people leave places and things all the time for their own reasons.

If you work at a company for a long time and leave, people may hate to see you go at the time, but leaving a company, and certainly leaving a site like HubPages, don't call for a lot of stewing over it (and my remark about saying "whatever" and "ho hum" wasn't intended to reply that there's anything wrong with the fact that most people aren't going to get all upset if anyone leaves work or a website.

If Ryan came on here and said he's staying I'd think, "well, good for him.  Good decision."  He's done his "f @!$%# you, all you Hubbers" (complete with all the profanity, not just the implication) leaving posts in the past, and more than one of them.   There has been all the "please-come-back" stuff, and the "glad-you're-back" stuff, etc. etc. If someone says, "ho hum" or "whatever" because he's said, yet again, that he's leaving, I don't see it as anything but the way people always are whenever anyone leaves anything.  So, yes, I'm saying, "It's unfortunate, but whatever."    I never said he shouldn't stay.  I just said if he chooses not to its his business.   Everyone on here has so often acknolwedged Ryan's good work, effort, and Hubs.

The reason I was "conjecturing" was that I found Ryan's "announcement" and complaint oddly timed so often after he started the thread that about how long-time writers should "adapt" or else leave HubPages, and added the name of a long-time Hubber who had already left and also added comments about people who "can't grasp" SEO principles.  The thread essentially came across as saying, "What's the big deal about this respected and well liked writer leaving?   People like she, who don't like the way things are these days, should leave if they can't adjust.  So, a few hours after Ryan posted his thread I did find he comment that it could be a publicity stunt one that seemed right, as people were discussing whether it was real or not.

To all who find what I posted objectionable, on the one hand I can understand it.  We all have our human tendencies to get angry when it looks like someone is "going after" someone.  It's what I did several hours ago when it looked to me like Ryan was "going after" PGrundy.  So many other people were so supportive or her and understanding of her decision; and it sure seemed to me that his starting that separate thread looked like he was out to make a not-too-supportive point about her and her decision to leave.  So, as you have all done here on his behalf, I got aggravated on behalf of someone who, to me, was clearly disenchanted after being such a gifted writer.

To add fuel to what was probably going on with my inability to resist the urge to say what I did was the fact that within the last day I had been, yet once again, yet another Hubber who was on the receiving end of Ryan's "jumping on" on a remark that, really, didn't call for such huffiness.  Ryan, himself, has said something to the effect that he's a fighter; so I've never seen any huffiness to me or other people as a big deal; which is why I didn't see a little "sharpness" in a post about his leaving as a big deal either.  I was actually giving him credit for being the shrewd, clever, individual he is; and I actually thought he may enjoy having someone pick up on some clever thing he was doing (again, perhaps, making a follow-up point after discussions about some people's disenchantment with the writing-versus-marketing thing).

I'm not trying to skulk out of responsibility for offending people on here.  As I said, I can understand it, coming from people who may not have had the edgy-back-and-forth with Ryan that I've had (usually initiated by one of his edgy replies to a comment that didn't start out that way), or witnessed in the past, and that led me to think he appreciates a little edginess and (as he once described it) bluntness or honesty.  Does anything I said at all mean I wouldn't wish him well, or don't think it's unfortunate if he does go through with taking his Hubs down?  No, and I'm sorry if anyone interpreted things that way - to everyone who found it offensive, and to Ryan.

Having said that, I don't regret or apologize for not bemoaning his leaving any more than he bemoaned PGrundy's choice to leave. What I regret is that I've used the forums as my "break" from tedious work so long I'm suffering from lack of patience.  Anyone who knows me on here probably knows that I'll debate a point to the point where people probably want to kill themselves or me, but I'm not someone who "goes after" someone else for no reason or someone who makes rude remarks to people who disagree with me or people who just strike me as deserving of a fresh remark.  It's in human nature (yours as well as mine) to instinctively step up to defend someone or something any of us thinks needs defending, or to "let people have it" if we think they're being too callous about or toward someone else for no reason we understand.

The forums are human nature on display.  So, before I take a wise, long and welcome break (for me and others, I'm sure) from the forums I'd just like to mention that the "have some decency" comment kind of makes me laugh.  With, as far as I can recall, the exception of this one incident, there hasn't been a time when I've not been "decent" to anyone I've ever dealt with, even in those rare times when someone else has been incredibly rude or hostile to me or to someone else I think doesn't deserve it.

Anyway, all the best to Ryan, whatever he does.  Sorry for coming across heavy-handed and for not being able to resist the urge to give him a dose of what I saw as his own medicine, in view of the fact that he called someone else "petulent" for having issues and leaving.  It's not my place to dole out my version of justice (or to have opinions about who thinks "stupid stuff that isn't important" is) on here and anywhere else.  I know that - always have.  It's just that sometimes human nature does kick in sometimes.

So, I think I'll get the rest of those gingerbread men ready to go on the tree; and maybe find myself a good doll-making site to turn into my new "break-from-tedious-projects" thing.  Wish you all have the nicest of Christmases, maybe see you around - maybe not.  In the meantime, for all the soap operas and rare "blunt" remark by the occasional Hubber who "doesn't believe in" not being honest; this is a great community, as you know; and I've certainly found more than my share of laughs and nice folks on here.  Besides the "Ryan Incident", I just thought this is a good time of year to acknowledge that too.  By the way, this isn't a flounce or pseuo-flounce or anything like a flounce.  I just thought the issue (which happens to coincide with my own awareness that I've been spending too much time here) deserved to be addressed and explained, because I'm not some aggressive jerk who doesn't care about other people's feelings or who doesn't respect other Hubbers.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/llisallindsay/HOLIDAY%20GRAPHICS%20AND%20BACKGROUNDS/christmas-tree.jpg

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok thats it, I have well and truly had enough of some of the crap you have written tonight Lisa. I am open to the possibility of this being a cheap attempt to provoke me into a response (a thus 'proving' your sad little theory about my return to be correct), but I feel the need to get a few things well and truly straight. I am dissapointed that you have again chosen to write about me on a public forum rather than response to the personal email that I sent you with regards to a few of your rather inaccurate comments. For the record, my 200th hub will still be my last, there is no coming back - you already know this. As I have explained in a private email to you (the first email that I have ever sent to you, having never before had a conversation with you either - it seems that you think you know a lot more about me than you do) the last time I threatened to leave hubpages was as a direct result of a genuine belief that this account had recieved a permanent ban from the forums. I posted those threats from an alternative account, 'Ryan Kett', and rescindered by decision after realising that the forum ban was in fact a temporary one.

I am, quite frankly, offended (even disgusted) by the idea that I have created or manipulated this situation in order to gain some sort of publicity. Why on earth I would need to publicity? I already achieve 4000+ organic page views per day (5000+ page views in total), my second from last hub told the world how I did so. It is a complete slur on my character to suggest that I would adopt such underhand, childish, tactics in order to gain page views.

"As I said, I can understand it, coming from people who may not have had the edgy-back-and-forth with Ryan that I've had (usually initiated by one of his edgy replies to a comment that didn't start out that way)" - I have no idea what this refers to, I have no memory of any prior conversations with you either. I would like to suggest that you back up your completely unfounded comments with some solid evidence.

I chose to leave quietly and with dignity, I started no forum thread, announced this to nobody other than those who chose to visit my profile, yet I find myself being heavily criticised on a public forum by somebody who refuses to accept my invitation to discuss these concerns directly for the first ever time through a private domain.

"because I'm not some aggressive jerk who doesn't care about other people's feelings or who doesn't respect other Hubbers." - Really? because you are not respecting my feelings right now, you are pretty much calling me out. Its not like you have considered the possibility that I have made this decision as a result of my feelings being hurt? I wanted to go out on a positive note, with a small announcement to some friends via my profile, no crap on the forum, and a nice round 200th hub. It is a shame that the chance of a dignified exit has to be taken away by the need to defend myself against remarks which amount to defamation. I must also point out that I never 'bemoaned' Pgrundy's decision to leave, I was instead unhappy at her underlying cheap shots at those who attempt to promote products - the widespread shortsightedness amongst certain fractions is one reason for my departure.

Lisa, "f @!$%# you.

I would like to thank those who left kind remarks, thank you for some great times - I hope to pop in once and a while and will post links to my future projects on my profile for my friends and followers.

Ry.

21. Ladybird33 profile image67
      Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Ryan, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do.  Many blessings, Ladybird

22. blue dog profile image61
      blue dogposted 14 years ago

ryan, you better pop in more than just once in awhile.

just look at what you're leaving some of us with...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)