The Safest Way To Make Money Online!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Before starting here at Hubpages around 11 weeks ago, I was quite active at myLot, which is another honest site that really paid me well. In between I tried my hand in paid to click programmes and paid to read email programmes, which did not give the satisfaction Hubpages gave me. Here's a new hub you may be interested in reading http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Safest_Way_ … ney_Online
    Thank you.

1. Valoriesb profile image57
      Valoriesbposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am new at blogging (very).  I'd like to contribute my knowledge of Feng Shui, Wholistic Nutrtion, and Yoga -- all of which I'm certifired in -- but would also like to be paid for my time.  I don't understand how bloggers get paid...What's the nuts and Bolts.??

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Bloggers get paid when someone clicks on their ads, just like HubPages. The big difference between blogging and HubPages is that Hubs have more visibility.  I started a blog before I came here, and I soon discovered that you have to do a LOT of work to promote it if you want anyone to visit.  My blog was lucky to see a handful of visitors a month!   Whereas within weeks of writing my first Hub, I had 100 visitors.   I'm now about to break the 15,000 mark, which is chickenfeed compared to some Hubbers, but astonishing for me.

So my advice would be, get Hubbing!

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have to differ with you there Marissa. I started a blog at almost exactly the same time I started writing here and that blog now gets 60,000 page views a month compared to 30,000 at hubpages. With much the same amount of effort.

Bloggers can also be paid for writing other people's blogs. big_smile

1. compu-smart profile image89
            compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Marks story is exactly what got me to Hubpages hubbing with similar results almost immediately!!

Get Hubbing are first keywords when i was looking for the safest place to work online.!smile

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Hi Valorie,

Welcome to HubPages. Please have a look at this page. http://hubpages.com/faq

Best Regards

3. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

OK, Mark, now you have my attention.

Are you writing on really heavily searched topics, or do you have some cool traffic strategies?

You are getting an order of magnitude more traffic than I am. But then my blog is a fairly tiny niche (financial education for kids). But still ...

So, spill the beans - how do you get so much traffic?

Jenny

1. dojimonster profile image60
      dojimonsterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes Mark...say it all...

I might agree with you on this on wink

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is not a short answer question. LOL

And I am not sure this is a lot of traffic. I am still learning.

I don't think this is particularly highly searched for niche:

Property Investing

And I am pretty sure if I was writing about "sexy photos and videos of half-naked Indian movie stars," I would be able to get a lot more traffic.

It's rather hard to explain in a short way because I have to say, "It depends." Just about all the advice I see given both here and elsewhere seems never to take into consideration either the intended audience, or the skills of the person doing the promoting. The advice usually boils down to:

"Get more backlinks," and "do social networking."

Both of which can be a complete waste of time and effort if you are doing it wrong. And some one who markets iPhone ringtones and then tries to do the same things for a completely different niche will fall flat on their face.

It looks like your niche is not a million miles away from mine. If you really want to know exactly what I do , PM me. big_smile

What I will say is - One inlink from the "right," source can be worth 10,000 inlinks from the "wrong," source. big_smile

And promoting your niche on Mahalo is almost certainly wasting your time.

Quality vs Quantity. big_smile

Edit. This is an over-the-top example of some one completely wasting their time. (Or their money if they are paying some one to do this:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2956#post37125

4. lewgard profile image61
    lewgardposted 15 years ago

Great answer, Mark. 

60,000 page views per month sounds great, especially for your property investing niche.  One thing to consider, though, is the 60,000 page views from 60,000 unique visitors, or perhaps 15,000 unique visitors?  Even 15,000 unique visitors per month is great, IMO.

What I will say is - One inlink from the "right," source can be worth 10,000 inlinks from the "wrong," source.

I totally agree

Quality vs Quantity.

Yep, agree again

I actually did a study on two of my sites a few months back.  Both sites are closely related.  The study was based around typical search engine optimization techniques:  article marketing, forum posting,  backlinking (recip. and via posts), social networking, and plain 'ole on-page SEO - white hat and totally ethical.   

I concentrated on all these techniques for one site, and only on-page SEO for the other site.  Well, some may think I saw greater results within search engine ranking and increased visitor traffic for the site that utilized all the techniques than the "only on-page SEO" site.  To be honest, the results between the two sites were not that different - similar amount of unique visitors each month, similar SE rank...However, the site that I concentrated solely on on-page SEO had considerably more returning visitors - and visitors who stayed on the site longer.

So the moral to my story: create content for a website that your intended audience wants to read.  Utilize your  and  tags, and provide well written information based on the subject of each page.  If you have quality content, other website owners will notice and want to share this with their visitors.

5. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

lewgard - I am much happier to share my hubpages experience with all and sundry, but as you asked - 24,000 visits, 64,000 page views and 95% new visitors, low bounce rate.  big_smile

Organic growth, we agree. big_smile

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And the revenue is... ? just curious smile

6. lewgard profile image61
    lewgardposted 15 years ago

Awesome, Mark!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)