I'm 240 over 180. Check my pulse.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image75
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Yup.   240 fans to 180 Hubs.   Still not dead yet.

Of course I haven't made any money at all either.   
    I am in it for the joy of hubbing around smart opinionated people.

~haven't even broke a sweat yet though.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image61
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

good job! Go for broke!

2. DJ Funktual profile image75

Thanks EvilPants.  I do so much like that moniker.

Just checked it out before crying poor.

$26.85 total on Google Adsense ever.  That seems really bad to me.   

$0.00 sales through amazon.  EVER. 

I'm gonna take Mark's advice and try to write a kick-ass flagship music hub series.   

I wish I could buy stock in this place cause I'll be driving up it's value every chance I get.  tongue

Yours truly,
    Uncut Funk

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're beating the pants off of me, with $13.54. Although, I have made nearly a buck and a half from Amazon.

3. DJ Funktual profile image75

Yeah but you also only had to do 22 Hubs. 
    You probabl tweak 'em and post 'em around.

That's what the smart people do. 

I'm a total idiot about it. I just put stuff out faster than they can read it.

From an effort standpoint your kicking the snot outta me. 
    You have half the money but saved yourself 160 Hubs worth of research.

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I have no idea how to do that stuff. I got specific instructions on getting analytics up, and still couldn't manage it. My hubs just kind of sit there. I would think you'd be way ahead. I read your stuff all the time. I'm no critic, but I like it.

4. DJ Funktual profile image75

Thanks a lot. 

Yeah, people who know what they are doing get the last laugh on me every time.

5 Hubs in the last 2 days.  Who does this?

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I used to do the same thing DJ. Within two months I had over 100 hubs published. I slowed down and even deleted a few that weren't getting any visits. The money is just now starting to come in a little at a time for me now. I am almost at 60 dollars. I don't advertise my hubs like most others do either.

5. DJ Funktual profile image75

I agree SirDent and have deleted so many early hubs of mine that were just lame because they had text only and if they aren't worth fixing, i delete 'em. 

I was thinking of deleting more/most of my TOP 5 Video Hubs because no one watches them anymore, they can't make you money.  Might as well.

I wrote 33 Hubs in June while visiting NY in the middle of it
    and have put out 8 more already in July.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I started taking my time writing hubs. Spread them out over a few days and pick my topics also. I must say I have been getting a lot of comments lately.

6. DJ Funktual profile image75

Well, you are very cordial and you apply yourself in the forums so well that people are gonna check you out.  That is the one bit of semi-wisdom I'd give to the newbies. 

Participate in the forums and comment on others' work who you genuinely like. 
    It doesn't hurt to search for Hubbers with like interests of course.

AND don't just friend every new Hubber on the list. 

If you are gonna recruit new fans this way then do it smart.
    Pick out people based on what they write about and whether or not they have a profile.   Once you pick them out READ their Hubs (at least one) and when you join their fanclub, don't JUST JOIN.  Leave fanmail so they will be that much more aware of who you are and WHY you came to them. 

You can't join without reading and then commenting IMO.   
    i always comment on every hub i read too.  even if I have to say something critical. 

it gets me in trouble a lot of though. 

4;22...sleepy

7. DJ Funktual profile image75

I thought I had some real practical advice about fanclub joining and in case everyone missed it here it is.  If no one responds again I'll know for sure to shut up and forget it.

8. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

*hugs the DJ*

9. DJ Funktual profile image75

Aww.  gee.   

Nah, I'm alright. 
    Maybe it's bad advice and people just don't feel like quibbling with me, IDK.
    Just trying to help the people whose Hubtivity constantly reads like..they are joining everything they can in 5 minutes. 

Just crossed 40,000 views.  Is 600 a day any good if no one comments?
    I don't know what to think since SU came out.

10. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

Sounds like some great advice to me! I finally hit 200 fans today and plan to hit 100 hubs by the end of the week so I am plowing on down the road! LOL.

Bonnie

11. DJ Funktual profile image75

Great to hear that Bonnie. 

You're work / recipes are all over my house.
    When she makes one I'll tell ya how it comes out.

12. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 15 years ago

I'm surprised you haven't made much money, according to what you said, DJ. It seems like your hubs are so popular! And I've been here 2 years and haven't made anything off Amazon, so I've sort of given up on that.

1. DJ Funktual profile image75
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I registered for all the google / amazon stuff way late and I don't really understand what a backlink is or an RSS feed.  I'm gonna find out eventually but for now, I'm getting like 500-800 hits a day consistently but most of it comes from within hubpages.   

I'm only just now realizing the power of youtube too. 
      At first I was just messing around but now I know.  I get like 30 comments and 10 subscribers every day.   It keeps me busy when the hub gets slow.

Q: Do I see any $$ out of youtube for all these subscribers?  I've got like 20 pages of em.

Thanks for the query glassvisage.

BTW, #2 on the 100 Funniest Movies list is out as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning.  teehee

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)