1,000 Hubs in 2010

Jump to Last Post 51-84 of 84 discussions (161 posts)
  1. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Good for you Nelle.  I am keeping to my 1 to 2 hubs a day, and I have a strategy lined up for about 100 hubs, so on my way to 500. Starting to see traffic rebounding today and yesterday as people get back to their regular schedules.  smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Forgot to say that I am also already seeing active results on both Ebay and Amazon as well as Adsense.  Income has started for the year on all three places at close to the level or better than it was mid December, so I expect to see all three increase for me as I add hubs.  So far, very please with my results.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow lakeerieartists, beating mid-December results. Very impressive.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I would say good luck Nelle but I know you don't need it! 1000 hubs in a year, piece of cake for someone like you. smile
    I am aiming for a modest 80, I wish I had your drive!

1. profile image0

No it's not a piece of cake. I had to set the goal and then figure out a work plan and life schedule that would allow me to achieve it. Then I had to find the self-discipline to follow what I set out. Believe me it is always tempting to read a book or take a nap or go for a walk on the beach.

4. Smart Rookie profile image61
    Smart Rookieposted 14 years ago

If I had any past success to indicate I was doing things right, I would probably attempt a goal like this. It sounds to me like the plan is more than just churning out 1000 articles like a factory; it's a plan based on sound knowledge, experience, and a highly calculated strategy.

I envy people who actually know what they're doing. tongue

But good luck! I have no doubt you'll make it and reap the rewards! smile

5. The Rope profile image59
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Good Luck Nellie, Habee and all of you who have chosen such incredible goals!  We will all benefit in the long run - both personally and professionally so thanks from this slow poke.. Can't wait to read the results!

6. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Way to go Nelle! If anyone can do it, you sure can! I would love to jump in with you, as I find it no big problem to generate content - I could churn out poetry and creative writing hubs for days wink but I am setting myself the goal of doing more topic research and more set-ups first.

Best of luck to you!

7. profile image0
    Wife Who Savesposted 14 years ago

Nelle, I've been reading your hubs since I joined HP last summer.  I believe you will accomplish the 1,000 hubs -- you're a fantastic writer.  I'm in for 700.

1. profile image0

Good for you in for 700! And thank you for the copliments, much appreciated.

8. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, and if you write under different names, do you talk to yourself in forums?.. it could be quite a good conversation...lol!

I wish you luck and lots of success in 2010.

1. profile image0

Salt, I never talk to myself in the forums. Only Nelle which is my real self comes to the forums. All the others toil away in splendid isolation.

Thank you for the good wishes, Same to you.

9. networkrecruiting profile image60
    networkrecruitingposted 14 years ago

I am just hoping to get through thirty hubs in 30 days then, I'll move on to 200 hubs in one year. My best to you, you seem pretty motivate.

1. profile image0

30 hubs in 30 days is a great place to start. My best to you too!

10. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 14 years ago

Good luck Nelle. You are amazing, one of those naturals who can just sit down and the words flow. I would need a few clones.

1. profile image0

I do think that I have a talent for writing marketing copy. But I've also spent years writing it. It does help to get into a certain mind frame and stay there. There are days when I would like a twin sitting beside me as well.

11. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I finally got going on some of those other things and I have to say Nelle is certainly one to follow. I took just a few of her ideas and implemented them starting today.

Will let ya know in a month how things are progressing.  Meanwhile I am way behind on several other things including my hubs, and some sewing I need to do for the kids before they head off to AZ.

12. profile image0

Keith I don't think they will get lost if you are using your groups to keep like minded hubs together.

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I just started different identities because several people started giving unasked for advice and I wanted to experiment in peace.

I mostly publish a wide variety of hubs under my main identity. And as LynneChandler suggests I just use the group feature to keep them sorted. It is a motivation for me to see the hub numbers increase under my Nelle identity. Silly but true.

14. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

how about 2,210 hubs in a 1,000 days?

Just Kidding

we're all behind you

Go Girl big_smile

15. profile image0

Three 1,000-word hubs a day is plenty, thank you!

16. profile image0

Nelle, I have a question. On you blog sites where you are using share a sale how long did that take you to start seeing a result?

I'm just getting started with them and just curious because I don't know exactly when you hooked those up.

1. profile image0

Since I started all of this in Dec 2001, I've been with SAS for a long time so I don't remember. I did start making sales right away with affiliate marketing. Just don't remember which merchant or network. I think it was Linkshare though.

17. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Nelle, what's your status ? How many hubs posted so far ?

18. profile image0

3 a day for 33 so far. All 1000-words or more. Right on schedule.

19. profile image0

Thanks Nelle! Like I said just getting started with it so this will be trial and error for a bit I'm sure until I figure out what really works for me.

You are doing awesome by the way!

20. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Good luck. Lets hope all who try this, try to publish quality stuff.

1. profile image0

That's one of the reasons I keep stressing the 1,000-word minimum.

21. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Nelle - I'm so behind with everything of late and I didn't get to this earlier. I just wanted to say 'you go girl' (or Nelle if you prefer) because I know well that you'll do your utmost to stand by your personal challenge - and produce top quality hubs in the process.

I find more and more that I'm writing in excess on 1000 words and it's entirely accidental. I've started going with the flow more, simply writing what feels 'right' and I find it no detriment or more difficult to do than a 700 word hub.

In fact I recently set off writing about Lisbon and merrily wrote in excess of 3500 words.

That hub is now three, though only one of the three published. I thought 3500 too many for one hub wink

Good luck Nelle - I'm certainly cheering you on big_smile

22. profile image0

FD we are just talkative women. I honestly am beginning to believe that long is good, and the longer the better. So I would not worry one bit about a long hub. Your hubs are so interesting, I can't imagine anyone stopping out of boredom. Others may have that problem but never you!

And thank you for the kind wishes.

23. profile image0

Lissie it's good to have you posting more often. I hope you stick around. I always enjoy your viewpoint.

24. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Heya!
    I am now in Surfers Paradise in Australia and it's amazing! I don't have enough internet time to type out my hubs and publish them. But I have a cute pink notebook, that has 7 hubs in them, ready to be typed up and published. Just need to find the time (and some cheap internet) to do it!

Oh how I love my life smile

How is everyone else going?

25. profile image0

Fantastic goal Whitney on reaching 1,500 hubs. I think our November and December sales really jazzed us up!

I agree on the mixing it up. I will continue to write more book reviews. And maybe some more stuff on UFOs and the paranormal. And I've got a bunch of other sites underway as well.

I'm thinking in terms of niches now and have planned a series of 9 100-hub niches. I'd want to have multiple sites in the Top 10 google listings for a variety of keywords in these niches.

1. KeithTax profile image73
      KeithTaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You guys are my hero. I working up a head of steam so I can take the 100 in 30 day challenge after tax season. I hope you Whitney make a bundle.

1. profile image0

See you April 16th. Have a hearty breakfast and start hubbing!

2. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My December sales definitely inspired me a bit. My January went down a little, so I need to pump it up. Ha.

I have done well with a few of my book reviews. I may have to do a few more. Some of them are hit and misses though. I thought one of my biggest selling book hubs was going to be that way, but it does really well for me.

100 hub niches! wow good luck. I gave up on a series that I had for about 25, I got close but I just couldn't do it, but it was basically the same thing repeated over and over. It was by far repetitive. I have several small series in my que to do right now. I've finally gotten my que down to 50.

Sounds like you've got big plans for '10. I figure this is the year for big things though because it's a nice even number. Ha.

Oooo. I've got my boyfriend into trying to make money online, and he's been giving me loads of ideas for one of my sites. I can't wait to get it running. It'll feature different affiliates, as well as selling stuff we'll buy wholesale. He wants to set up free store accounts and premium accounts for discounts on the wholesale products, trying to earn extra money. His ideas may be more than we can handle, but start slow, build traffic, and then build on the site. Lucky my dad's a website guru lol He'll be able to figure out how to take care of the site's needs.

by the way i really can't count bc I apparently counted that I'd need 900 to meet my 1500 goal for 2010, but as of now, I only need 795, I know I didn't write a 100 hubs in 10 days.

26. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

OK Nelle, you've inspired me.  I'm going to commit to doing one hub a week.  I just got back to doing hubpages because I've been so busy for the past few months.

By the way, to attest to the power of Hubpages, I checked out my sales at Amazon for the month of December.  BOOYAH!!! I can't believe my hubs were earning me money while I haven't paid any attention.  Thanks to you for all your advice.

1. profile image0

I love it when residual income kicks in. Good for you!

27. Daisydot profile image61
    Daisydotposted 14 years ago

All I can say is Wow!

How much traffic do you get to each hub? Do you need thousands of hits per hubs to make it work, or just a few hits to each and an aggregate of lots by creating many hubs?

1. profile image0

I write very targeted hubs, so my traffic converts pretty well. I have too many hubs to monitor each one. I just look at the aggregate google traffic levels for 30 days and 24 hours and my daily sales and adsense revenues. As long as everything is going up, I'm fine.

28. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Heya!
    How is everyone? I would like to sort of keep this thread alive, to keep me motivated smile
    I've just published 5 hubs (all book and movie reviews), and I've got another 10 or so that I still need to type up and tweek a little. But my internet time is limited and expensive unfortunately.
    I don't think I will ever make more money on here then I spend on getting some internet time. But oh well, this is for fun smile
    And I still have a long way to go to 1000. How far are you guys? What's happened in this first month of 2010?
    Mieka

29. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

DANG Nelle are you trying to kill your brain more? lol just kidding I say go for it and GOOD LUCK woman! Oh if you need any idea help hit me up. I'm always ready to help out others smile

30. profile image0

Thanks Crazed.

I have met my goal of 100 hubs this month and then some. Wrote 3 or 4 every day. Just getting into the routine.

31. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

phew...your poor fingers are gonna be hurting after all of this hubbing Nelle. Hmm....maybe make a gift for yourself at the end once you succeed like a day at the spa big_smile

32. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I just published my 25th hub, so I'm at 2,5% off a 1000. Whoehoooee, only 975 to go :s

33. heart4theword profile image59
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

Wow, what a challenge you put out there.  That's allot of writing:)  I would like to learn how to make some money on hub-pages.  Haven't hit the right buttons yet:(  I need to read some more of your hubs, get some training:)  May you continue to be blessed:)

34. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Nelle, Where are you on your 1000?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)