Do satan and demons exist ?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (125 posts)
  1. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

Do you think that Satan and demon are real ?

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No! smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Without proof to the contrary, anything is possible. I however have my doubts, I think it more probable that angels and demons are a couple of more advanced than us(humanity) races living in this realm of existence. Possibly that have visited our planet in the past...(yes I'm talking about aliens)...  wink Satan perhaps is a leader of one of these races, the 'angels' captains may be the 'arch angels'? Like I said without proof to the contrary, anything is possible. I am keeping an open mind.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like mikes description, sounds more realistic smile

3. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No they are not.  smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought they both were Mark? LOL

4. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  Satan and demons are real.  Just as real as God himself.

5. profile image48
      Precious100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ANSWER!..ONE HUNDRED PER CENT (100%)YES! DO YOU REALLY THINK THE DEVIL HAVE HORNS AND A PITCH FORK? ABSOLUTELY NOT? DO YOU THINK THE DEVIL WILL COME TO YOU AND SAY, HEY! I AM THE DEVIL? ABSOLUTELY NOT! FIRST OF ALL DEVIL/DEMONS ARE REAL..AND IT IS A FACT..THEY DO NOT (REPEAT) DO NOT LIKE TO BE RECOGNIZED! THEY DO NOT LIKE THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY ARE OPPOSITE OF GOD--THEY DO NOT LIKE THE COVER PULLED OFF OF THEM. THEY ARE LIARS. THEY ARE DECEIVERS--TOTAL OPPOSITE OF GOD! IMITATORS OF GOD! THEY COME FOR (3) REASONS--1) KILL 2) STEAL 3)DESTROY!READ ST JOHN 10 LOOK AROUND YOU/NEIGHBORHOOD/COMMUNITY--CRIME AND TELL ME IF THESE 3 THINGS ARE HAPPENING EACH AND EVERY DAY. THEY GET INTO THE MIND OF MEN AND TELL THEM TO DO WRONG (WHICH IS DISOBEYING GOD/SIN). THE DEVIL DO NOT LIKE GOD THEREFORE HE TAKES IT OUT ON GOD'S CHILDREN (US). HE TELL MEN/WOMEN/BOYS/GIRLS TO DO WRONG..AND WHEN WE OBEY HIM...WE GET IN TROUBLE WITH GOD. HE KNOWS HE IS ON HIS WAY TO HELL..SO HE FIGURE ALL THOSE WHO WILL FOLLOW HIM GOES WITH HIM TO HELL. HIS DEMONS ARE HIS FALLEN ANGELS! BY ALL MEANS...THEY ARE FOR REAL.ANY CRIME IS OF THE DEVIL/DEMON ACTIVITY!! THEY TALK TO THE MIND OF MEN AND BECAUSE MEN CANNOT RECOGNIZE THEM THEY CARRY OUT SATAN'S TRICKS/TACTICS.

6. profile image0
      SquigglesMcBeeBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do believe in spooks. I do I do I do yikes

us bunnies can sense dese things you know.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/media/archives/cowardlylion.jpg

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no. like everything in the Bible, they are the stuff of myth and legend.

8. B.K. Pravin profile image59
      B.K. Pravinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Satan and demon are symbolic representations of the vicious qualities that tempt human beings to act against the Will of God. Satan is often shown as a snake as it represents the five poisonous qualities that kills the divinity of human beings.  Satan means lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego.  These evil qualities tempt man to commit sin and therefore one must adhere to spiritual disciplines and stay away from these vicious qualities. So, Satan and demons are evil qualities and are not human beings or spirits.

9. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, in your mind they are no doubt real smile

10. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe they definitley exist, i have experienced a few things in the past. Satan persuades us to do sin, and demons are the same things. There is a being called Jinn, who live in a parallel world to us, and they are like humans, but some are good some are evil. They can immitate dead people, and we call them Ghosts, when in fact they are Jinns. I will write a hub on it soon so people you may know more.

11. prosmentor profile image60
      prosmentorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Satan and demons are real. There are several physical and spiritual evidences on this. Every major world religion believes in this reality.

1. earnestshub profile image79

What would you expect? Every major world religion is psychotic at base and believes in a sky fairy!
        Not much of an argument! lol

1. Jouneyman2 profile image57
          Jouneyman2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets give YOUR comprehension of reality a go...

Is Mickey Mouse real?

2. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They have to make you believe in Fear!.
        Religions operate by fear.
        Fear in God . Fear on the Devil.
        That's how it works. Masking sheep of human beings.
        Don't forget that Jesus have his own flock.
        Maybe you're one of the 'sheep'? hmm

Religions opperate by force (fear)... without it there is no compulsion for the followers to be followers.

Truth however opperates on love, for it is not a religion, but a fact. It can be buried, denied, subverted, and ignored; yet it remains when all else in removed. All will answer to it, according to their denial of or adherence to it. The more it is denied the harsher its penalty for the further one who has done so has to fall...

1. tantrum profile image61

lol
            Nice fairy tale! for the Children of God.
            I'm not a child, OK?

Too bad. A child BELIEVES in that which he / she cannot see...
              A child understands the concept of real vs. reality.

12. Jouneyman2 profile image57

In the secular world they do not. The secular states that man alone is the source of all evil; yet the secular cannot explain why one who is of good character suddenly and inexplicably commits atrocities equal to or surpassing those of career murderers. it is said that the person just 'snapped'...  yet logic states that for every effect there is a cause.

The secular does not take into account the spiritual; doing so would de-throne man as lord of his world, and that simply cannot be; for man IS the superior of all else...  yet he cannot rationalize his own thoughts and sctions, much less control them. A paradox? Not at allwhen one considers the Spiritual.

Do demons exist? Yep. Does Satan? Quite assuredly, but not as the horned devil depicted in man's traditions.

All is explained by psychiatry.
        And the world is only one.
        Nobody's 'de-throning' man from anywhere. Nice word that ! De-throning! You have quite an imagination . For making up words as well.
        Congrats! lol

Look it up, it IS a word. As for imagination; lets give yours a go....

As all is explained by psychiatry; explain what comprises a thought. NOT 'HOW' a thought is formed within the brain, but rather WHAT that thought is comprised OF... in other words; WHAT is 'thought' MADE of? What are its ingredients, its proportions, its molecular weight, its area, its composition?

Post your answers please...

The word is Dethrone. not de-throned.

and what the composition of thought has to do with what I posted ?
            I said :
            That all in what you believe to be spiritual matters was explained by psychiatry.
            and that's a fact.
            I'm not going to copy & paste pages of proof here.
            Everybody knows what I'm talking about.
            and if you don't, go and Google it.
            I'm not here to lecture you. That's what schools are for. This is a forum, where you post your opinions.
            You post yours, I post mine.
            What's your problem man ?
            Nothing to do ?

I don't post OPINIONS. I present facts. There's a difference... learn it before you speak it. You essentially stated that belief in demonic beings / behaviors is explained by psychiatry.

I disagreed and raised you one by asking that you present the PROOF that psychiatry can explain the existence (materialistically ) of thoughts... because if it CAN NOT there is an issue of whether thoughts ARE physical or SPIRITUAL in composition. IF they are SPIRITUAL in composition, man; being MATERIAL based, may or may not be in control of them, hence they COULD be influenced by the SPIRITUAL.

Now....   about that PROOF..... a PICTURE of a THOUGHT will suffice; would it not?

13. profile image0
      PrakashTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Epicureans say:

"One of the most persistent issues concerning belief in God is the problem of evil.  Epicurus's argument still holds up:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?  Then he is not omnipotent.
      Is he able, but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.
      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

cool
        Wise words!

2. Jouneyman2 profile image57

If God were to eliminate evil in the world how exactly would man LEARN to overcome it?

And IF He were to do so would man not protest that he had not been provided the opportunity to PROVE that he COULD overcome it...?

Its a tad bit difficult to LEARN to overcome something you've never experienced... wouldn't you agree?

Just as its hard to live under a tyrant that doesn't respect your 'right' to learn and live according to YOUR wishes and asumptions that you have all the answers and can remedy all your problems by yourself... without help from anyone.

Its called livin and learnin... cept we aren't doin much in the way of learnin cause we're still fighting wars and murdering each other for the same reasons we did 6000 years ago. MAYBE if we go another 6000 years we can accomplish it, assuming some rogue nation doesn't incinerate us before that time hmmm...?

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
        Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

I also find it commonplace for Christians who believe in all this would rather do so and not one of them read my response of what a deamon really was---nothing like they have them now.  They were nice and people wanted them around.

Actually in ancient Greek and Roman societies a 'deamon' was a lower class citizen who behaved with wanton sexuality and disregard for laws / morals. However THAT definition does not supercede the biblical definition originally assigned to the word.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
            Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whatever

NO... DON'T say "WHAT EVER".... look it up.. PROVE what I say. You think you know the truth...? Prove to yourself whether you do or not. Personally... if you want to be ignernt and NOT challenge me... go for it; but WHAT does THAT say about YOU...?

It takes away ANY 'right' you may THINK you have to be wrong and makes you a MENTAL slave to what ever SOUNDS GOOD but may not be so.

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
              Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

??? hmm

Now you are just making things up - A Greek daimon was a spirit or entity, slightly less than the divine. The souls of the deceased, especially heroes, could be daemons.

Otherwise, do you think that such proud warriors as the Spartans would have allowed themselves to be called Lakedaemonioi?

14. Cleanclover profile image41
      Cleancloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope they dont exist. Only god in the form of a force does because i have felt it. It's like electricity, you can only feel it and not see it.

Then explain evil.

1. Cleanclover profile image41

There is no good or evil. There is only one power which manifests things.

1. profile image0
            Smooth as Silkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that what you honestly  believe Cleanclover?  You have got to be the biggest mindless waste of human flesh on here.  How do you sleep at night and still remember to breathe?  You should be wearing a helmet in your picture.

I have sympathy or pity for your troubled soul.

15. dyonder profile image71
      dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Satan, no (unless ignorance can be considered an entity); demons, yes - but not as we understand them.

tantrumposted 14 years ago

No
    they're the ghosts of Man's fear.

3. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Sure they do exist..   here we are.

Just teasing Ms. "T"

lol
      Hi Jerami !
      You can say I'm a Devil ! lol

1. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never.... how do you know I dont wanna be the guy with a tail.

lol

4. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I believe in God ...it sorta comes with the territory big_smile

5. The Grey Wolf profile image61
    The Grey Wolfposted 14 years ago

For demons, the simple answer is yes. The more complicated answer involves what they really are. The posible origins of "Demons" are legion. I think that they range from halucinations brought on by psychoactive substances and good old fasion psychosi to psionic phenomina to extra-universal entities and even aliens. To say one or even all of these are impossible defies the fact that we do not know enough about our universe to say they don't.

As far as satan goes, at best he/she/it is a fabrication of institutionalized religion, at worst he's one of the afore mentioned things and is a thing to be examined and delt with as needed.

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

couldn't have said it better myself! smile

6. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

of course they exist.
    a man's mind can contain so much creatures...
    and ghosts too, of course.

7. Jerami profile image57

did I say  a   I meant sum

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yes.

9. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

roll

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yes. There here now.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Jerami profile image57
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea and their numbers are growing.

11. Jerami profile image57

Do we need to separate the chairs or take our chances????

12. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Yes they exist. If you don't believe me, make a ouija board and try it. At your own risk, these things can get nasty.

I messed around with one when i was a teenager. I have had some terrifying experiences following it.

When i used the board, i thought i was talking to my dead cousin , that's what it told me. But it was lying. I believe that using the board lead to 2 or 3 deamons harrasing me. I felt terrified, and i would hear voices comming from a guitar amp in my room.

The only reason it stopped, is because my mum is quite spiritual and cleansed every thing and me over an over again until i felt safe, and not scared anymore.

13. Jerami profile image57

OK  a serious answer.  Sure they do.  But like mike said, what are they exactly.

I have no doubt that spirits as we call them do exist. They actually reside in a diffrent dimension sharing space and time with us.  They have the ability of seeing us better than we can see them cause we stopped paying attention.  Remember your little invisible friend when you were little?
       Well you forgot how to see them cause your momie told you to.

14. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

What are they? They are you and me, souls, good ones and bad ones like people. Souls with no body, because they are in between a transition..But i believe in reincarnation, which is a very skeptical topic..So yeah i'm probably wrong according to most people

15. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

no

16. docrehab profile image60

Have you ever read this story?

"And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
    Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
    And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.
    And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
    And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him." Mark 1:23-27

17. docrehab profile image60

Well, I think in old times people believed in the existence of demons and satan but in modern times it's outdated! Atheism is the fashion now I guess lol Well, I do believe in their existence

18. tantrum profile image61

I'm thinking of calling a shrink !!!! yikes
    why are you yelling ???!!!
    WOW !!

19. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

In a nutshell yes, the Adversary and his hosts do exist.  They are here upon the Earth in literal form as spirits.  Their plight is that they can never have the opportunity to progress due to their conscious decision made against the Father during the rebellion.  They desire what the rest of us have, a body, and the furthering opportunities to progress.  Since this, by their own accord, is denied them they seek, in spirit form only, to make all of us in the flesh miserable and degraded as they are.  Originally they constitute a third of all the hosts of heaven.

There is even a deeper pain for this group in the future but that explanation is not what's asked here.  If it is desired I will answer this as well. 

Yes, they exist.

20. tantrum profile image61

Nice fairy tale !
    I enjoyed it when I was a child.

21. Ghost Whisper 77 profile image76
    Ghost Whisper 77posted 14 years ago

Yes, demons and satan exist. They are liars.

Listen to Goldenpath..he knows what I speak of.

In "Modern times" it is outdated and so is "GOD." ..a very bad combination.

22. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Scientifically, I Don't have proof.
    But in my experience i will say yes.
    There are energy fields far beyond our understanding, and few people can feel them. In dream, visions and manifestation we have seen through years.
    We can say that they are imagination.
    We can say people are crazy and they need psychological help.
    But indeed, we will be ignoring a big fact.
    God's creation has no boundaries, and he hides knowledge from us because he know we wouldn't understand what is underneath the sea's abyss, the wind whispering, the mountain's words.

23. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago
  24. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago
  25. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

my mother said to my father, you're a devil...kidding

26. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

demons do exist the devil sent them from hell to torture us.

27. dogluver1 profile image59

Yes I agree. But demons just scare me to death.... They do exist.

28. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

The Bible tells us of Demons and how bad and rotten they are. It tells us to stay away from them because they are evil. Satan is supposed to be the leader of those Angels or Demons and his reign is here on Earth or is the Earth.

The origin of Deamon / Demon is Greek (here again is the bible taking from another social society and culture). The christians twisted the meaning and called it theirs (sound familiar?). The orginal deamons were intelligent, sensible guardian spirits. In the Bible and taught by religions they are now malicious, deviant, horrible creatures here to take your soul.

Read the rest of the hub:  http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-About … -Illnesses

29. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

In the 21st century there shouldn't even be a discussion about primitive childish fantasies, such as devils and demons.  UNBELIEVABLE!!!

1. earnestshub profile image79

I don't think this is 21st century thinking going on here. I agree, it is a madness. lol

30. dogluver1 profile image59

Yes people think ghost are a big joke.... They aren't they usually just want attention. Demons have evil evil powers

31. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

yes..they are real..I have never dealt with satan, but I have been way too close to a demon or 2 in my life..too much to explain and I do not want to be "crucified" for explaining

NO I AM NOT A SATANIST or A DARK PERSON and I HAVE SPIRITUAL BELIEFS THAT DIFFER FROM MANY OTHER HUBBERS

32. profile image0
    Smooth as Silkposted 14 years ago

Without evil, there would be no gauge of good.  Therefore, for every God there must be a demon to offset it.

So a child's helping an injured baby bird is not understood as being 'good' unless there is another child who kills an injured baby bird buy which to judge the actions of the child who did 'good'.?

By making statements like 'good requires evil to prove that it IS 'good' '  you put yourself down. You regail yourself to NOT being able to make simple judgements between right and wrong.

In the issue of good vs. evil; these are Spiritual terms; and in some cases man CAN judge between good and evil, but in the majority he cannot.

"Right" and "Wrong" are the material / secular / carnal aspects of "Good" and "Evil" which are SPIRITUAL in context.

1. profile image0

Look you mental midget, for every injured bird that a little kid helps, there is some jackass with a gun shooting another bird somewhere and calling it a sport.  Therefore, the little kid saves a bird and the jackass kills one.  Do you really need me to draw you a fucking picture?

lol

Careful...your mentality is showin...

2. Jouneyman2 profile image57

So the 'evil' hunting of birds justifies the 'good' helping of the bird by the child? That IS what YOU stated, just presented in a slightly different form. So what if the jacka** doing the hunting is doing so for food...? Is it still evil?

and IF the jacka** didn't shoot any birds... would the child's helping one be 'good'  or 'evil'...?

YOU'RE the one who presented the ideology... I'm just asking you to justify it.

1. profile image0

Wow!  You really do enjoy the sound of yourself typing huh?  Look I'm not sure if they ever let you off the short bus long enough to see how people think, but there is a little law of nature that states 'For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.'  That pretty much goes for everything.  For every good act done, there is an evil act being done as well.  For every person like yourself being born, there is also a smart freethinking baby being born as well.

So  why then is it necessary fro a parent to TEACH a child right from wrong... good from evil? If  its inbred....

1. profile image0

How is it that you have managed to survive?  You have got to be the biggest waste of oxygen I have ever seen.  Yes parents need to teach the difference between right and wrong.  People are still in control of their own actions and will do what they want.  You are a perfect example of this.  I'm sure that somewhere down the line people tried to teach you something, but still you chose to ignore them and live your life as a drooling infant.

YOUR POSTING I BELIEVE?

Smooth as Silk
                    154 posts
                    Hubs: 0
                    Followers: 10

Without evil, there would be no gauge of good.  Therefore, for every God there must be a demon to offset it.

So you choose to resort to playground tactics rather than support your statement?  Doesn't say much for your trust in yourself, not to mention your character.

You presented that 'good' only exists at the behest of 'evil'. I simply asked to to justify that opinion, and your go into a fit of rage...

NOT GOOD for proving that you believe what you say.

And that is what Religion is about. Dominion by Fear.
      The  eternal war between Evil & Good.

mmmm... NO.... RELIGION IS about controlling the masses of the world through force; that force can be presented as being eternal damnation in a burning hell if one doesn't comply with what the doctrine of the particular religion states.

RELIGION has nothing to do with Truth.

And by the way there is no burning hell.

you say:

'mmmm... NO.... RELIGION IS about controlling the masses of the world through force; that force can be presented as being eternal damnation in a burning hell if one doesn't comply with what the doctrine of the particular religion states.'

If that's not domination by fear. What is ?

2. profile image0

So if, as you say, 'RELIGION has nothing to do with Truth' then religion is not true!  Yet another shining example of how you are a confused idiot that has no grasp on reality.

RELIGION IS NOT TRUTH. Religion IS man / pagan based. Even Christ spoke out AGAINST RELIGION. EVERYTHING in RELIGION is based on idolatry and paganism....  which are all false, UNTRUTHS.

So in what way am I a confused idiot...?  Have I CLAIMED to be Christian...? Did I state that I was a CHRISTIAN....? HAVE I POSTED anything THAT has to do with CHRISTIANITY... (Christianity being a religion)?

I stated that I believed in God. I DID NOT state that I was a Christian...   THE ERROR is YOURS; by NOT understanding the difference, or even realizing that there IS a difference.

If I REALIZE that there exists a DIFFERENCE in the two, but you ASSUME (based upon what you have been taught BY RELIGION that there is not), WHOM is the idiot...  I who CHOSE to find out the TRUTH about Religion... or YOU who CHOSE to accept RELIGION'S identification of itself without QUESTIONING it?

1. profile image0

I never claimed you were anything but a confused idiot.  And all I ever assumed is that you are a deranged lunatic that is long over due for your medication.  Much past that, you look at your little books and try to sound out the words.  Maybe you might even be able to find a picture or two to drool over.

Its a shame that your sole purpose is to antagonize and attempt to incite. Usually this is indicative of one's ego being blown out of proportion compared to one's actual knowledge base.

Usually those who take this route have nothing better to do than sit round all day sniping at others who are honestly trying to exchange knowledge and lear; which is why their arguments and tactics never change... they constantly work from the same base that non belivers have been utilizing for over one hundred years.

When they can't offer up any factual justification with which to support their claims they resort to attacking a person's sentiments or claim offence at what the person has said in an effort to put the person on the defensive, defending against something he / she has not actually done in the first place.
                Another tactic is diversionary in nature. In utilizing it the attempt is made to derail the person from the original topic and sidetrack them off subject until a waeakness can be found to exploit.

Insults, arrogance, ignorence, avoidence, denial, name calling and foul mouthed speech are all traits of this type of weakness of character not to mention lack of pride in oneself or trust in what one believes.

In essence, ALL of these actions are self defense tactics to cover for the fact that the person using them is seriously insecure in his or her own identity and beliefs.

He or she HAS to ridicule other's beliefs and understandings in order to reinforce the lack of their own. Without the thrill of the argument these people are lost, egotistical, waifs, blowing from here to there where ever the winds of popularity and  adolation carry them.     

Change is their motto and ignorence is their trait. Without the 'support' (power) they gleen from those unwitting enough to fall for their game they are nothing and soon pass into oblivion with others of similar ilk.

In essence they are weak, unless power is given to them by those whom they attack. Thats why TOLERANCE is their cry; because without it THEY CANNOT STAND AND WILL PASS INTO OBLIVION, for their existence is not based in truth but in the fiction of their own imaginations.

33. tantrum profile image61

Are you a Messianic Jew ?
    you're so angry. You sound like one

Angry..? Get over yourself... there's not much you can say that will cause me to get angry.
      I assume because I do not present what you want to hear that you choose to ignore what I've said.

Nope, not Jewish... Jews deny Christ; one can't believe in something one denies.

I told you what I am... its up to you to realize the difference from what you THINK me to be.

Don't bother with the traditional humanist / atheist arguments... I'll run cirlcles round you and tie you into a knot. I'm just tellin you to save you alot of frustration...

You can listen to what I say, or I can show you up for what you are using your own thinking and words against you.

(I would listen... you may actually learn something...)

34. TMMason profile image62
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

There is a difference between a personal religion, and a corporate religion.

Religion...regardless of whether it is state sponsored, personal, or corporate is still religion... its not based in fact.

35. Olive Optimise profile image59
    Olive Optimiseposted 14 years ago

is it a little strange that a thread which started about demons, moved to religion and got quite heated has now reverted to name calling? Perhaps it is the demons having their way with all of you!!! What ever happened to freedom of speech and live and let live? Surely that is the best and only religion? I don't know... just my opinion... peace and love to you all...

36. TMMason profile image62
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil, and Ecce Homo, both broach this subject of "Good, without evil does not exist", to guage by argument.

37. tantrum profile image61

lol
    thanks for the laughs!
    lol

38. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

what if I were to tell you all that I have seen a demon with my own eyes....and I swear to you, it was very real.

I will believe that you saw it, of course, but then I will think you're delusional

39. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

So that you all do not think that I am delusional, let me explain further.  My brother married a female who practised black magic.  She was a witch.  She got a hold of a spell book but it was in latin.  She did not understand the spells.  Stupid person that she was, she began reading the spells outloud.  A few minutes after she completed the first one, we had green skulls with red eyes flying through the house, with a horrible smell.  There were also viscious dogs also with red eyes and snarling teeth running through the house.  It was very frightening.

40. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I guess Smooth as Silk did go off on a rant this morning huh?

Now you get it?

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I speak for quite a few of us when I say that I think we've heard enough out of you Cleanclover.  There are proper ways of handling complaints about hubbers.  None of those ways envolve posting hate threads calling out hubbers.  So if you don't mind my asking, please leave these forums and find some more content to copy into your new hubs.

Thats not the issue here mate. We all are guilty but to take on abuse like she gave is not on here. Are you with hubpage moderator ? If not then i have nothing more to say to you.

and what about jounneyman ?
      and cleanclover, then ?

1. profile image0

I'm with ya Tantrum.  I will never get down on someone that feels the need to speak their mind.  The others are just as guilty as anything that SaS did or said.  Hell I found what she said rather amusing.

And intelligent.
          I hope she comes back ! smile

1. profile image0

Honestly, if I didn't care about getting banned, I would have been a lot more harsh than she was.  I think her and I are on the same page for the most part with it.

count me in ! big_smile
              the jounneyman guy in other thread said homosexuals were Revolting !!  I had to refrain for saying what I thought of him. ! mad

41. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

hell, with T and Blood around, am sure they exist! wink

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

T and Blood are proof that there is more grey in this world then black and white...
      you and me too.  smile
      I personally believe it all exists, but its not how religion wants you to think of it.

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I love those 'grey' spaces in between (and the people who make them!)..such joy...smile

1. profile image0

I missed you. I hope you had a good holiday and are well?

me too....strangely enough, life falls into place somehow with these forums...good to be here....like coming up for air...

(ok. no hijacking!) wink

1. profile image0

Im SOOOOOO hi jacking...  smile
              whats alt that about smoothy chick?

2. profile image0

Hey there glorious one!

(((shhh...u mean the satanic one?)))

1. profile image0

Indeed you incidious ruler of the nether regions.  How are you doing?  I've missed ya...

smile amusing to come back to the same eternal arguments about god and satan...! some things never change in these forums.... a sort of comfort almost in it....wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)