The Obama Deception. Have you seen this?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Have you seen this video? Do you think it is true? If it were true, what would you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACw … eature=fvw

1. William R. Wilson profile image61
      William R. Wilsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I watched part of it.  I investigated one of the claims, that Obama worked for Henry Kissinger right out of college. 

Turns out that's a lie. 

So I don't have much faith in the rest of the movie, since it's pretty much loony bin conspiracy crap.

1. sannyasinman profile image59
        sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just researched his first job too, and I found this;
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_I … rack_Obama

AND THIS
        http://www.ourstory.com/thread.html?t=223121
        which supports what is said in the video.

What did you find?

By the way, the Kissinger reference is ony 18 minutes into a video which is nearly 2 hours long. It really is worth watching it all the way through before forming an opinion.

I assume you are referring to the CIA connections of his company?  Still no connection with Kissinger.  Plus Obama worked for them in 1983.  The CIA activity involved 4 employees during 1955 - 1960. 

Edit:  an interesting note - this is from the magazine that reported the CIA activity, Lobster magazine: 

"From Issue 22, in 1991: The first eight Lobsters have not been kept in print for a number of reasons...some of them contain material which we learned subsequently was disinformation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_Magazine

http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/

2. bgamall profile image67
        bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not all conspiracy is looney bin, however, many are diversionary to the two real conspiracies, ie the housing ponzi conspiracy cooked up at Basel 2 and the subsequent bailouts that had to come to the well connected, and 911 where the Taliban went to Texas in 1997 and refused to build a pipeline to Haliburton investments in the Caspian Sea, making 911 "necessary".

3. dogluver1 profile image58
        dogluver1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I dont think he has been telling the whole truth to the people. He must be hiding something...

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  Saw it.
      I'd kick his deceptive butt outta office.

2. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I have seen this film before.

Citigroup published a memo last year stating that, because of the huge issuing of bailout funds (which they received themselves), within two years (by the end of next year) the paper currency system will be severely weakened, or destroyed all together. In either case, this memo prescribed Citigroup shareholders to purchase gold. This piece referenced civil discord and political unrest based off chiefly economic inequality.

This doesn't sound like Wall Street backing the President.

Regarding foreign policy...I have to agree that nothing has changed. But it isn't that there was no change from Bush to Obama, but just that there has been really very little change period over the course of American history.

I look to the coupe in Honduras, which no one speaks of anymore (at least not American main-line media sources).

The United States operates the School of the Americas, where it breeds the military elite that end up running central and south American nations in order to maintain American hegemony in the Western Hemisphere...

The President, the legal chief executive was ousted by a coupe led by the Chief general of the Air Force, who also happens to be a School of the America's graduate. The reasons for the middle of the night arrest and flight out of the country were exagerated in the U.S. main-line media, if not nearly completely fabricated.

Just as in Venezuela a few years ago, the former ruling elite placed one of their own in power, and a tug of war between the population and the political-economic elite continues.

President Obama said that the coupe was wrong, and that the conflict would be resolved.........it has been..the President is still out of power and the mainstream media has forgotten him.

Obama has not implemented Executive Order 11110, which could dramatically impact the growing national debt to the Federal Reserve.

We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.....and we have occupied bases in Columbia...what do we have in store for Venezuela and Ecuador now??? American hegemony abroad is still the goal.

So, in some ways I agree with some of the ideas represented in this film because they exist, but I cannot vouch for the entire piece.

3. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago

Now you've got me interested, dammit.  Lol.

I read a book by Carl Oglesby, of the SDS.  He mentions meeting with Eldridge Haynes several times. Haynes owned Business International, where Obama worked in 1983.  Bernadine Dohrn, who broke from SDS to form the Weathermen (and later married Bill Ayers if I'm not mistaken), was convinced Haynes was a CIA agent. 

On the other had, another account of the SDS paints Haynes as a wealthy leftist (albeit one who believed firmly in free trade).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_I … on#History

So apparently the owner of Business International was either working for the CIA against the student left, or he was simply a wealthy businessman with left leanings who was interested in the SDS. 

But there's still no connection to Henry Kissinger.

4. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago

More on Business International and Obama and the SDS:

http://volokh.com/posts/1225663950.shtml

5. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

There is an enormous amount of information in the video and the Kissinger/Obama relationship is a very small part.

The important message relates to the agenda of the Bilderburg Group, the CFR and the Trilateral commission, to whom Obama answers and whose members make up most of the US Govt. The most important point is that Obama is not in control. He is a front man tasked with implementing the agenda of those behind the scenes ie to bring about Globalisation and the New World Order where the population of the world will be microchipped, taxed to the hilt with depleted health, virtually no rights, no free speech, and completely under the control of the Elite unelected few who have the power.

Lets not get too sidetracked by the minor issues. It is the big picture that is important, and if you believe the video, very worrying.

" Bilderburg Group, the CFR and the Trilateral commission"

This is where the movie loses me.  This is conspiracy theory nonsense. 

Are there corporate interests pulling some strings in DC? Yes. 

Is there some shadowy conspiracy at work?  Really?  Do I have to answer that? 

There are enough scary things going on that we don't have to make up new ones.

6. profile image57
    grneisposted 14 years ago

This video is a bunch of clap-trap and it makes one wonder what these people get out of it anyway?  Buy the DVD? or what?  It must be the kind of thing from which Sarah Palen gets her information.

7. profile image0
    lcecil0582posted 14 years ago

For individuals wishing to understand tactics used by politicians in Washington, they need only to understand the term "Rope-A-Dope", check out your online dictionary.  It is a fighting term, but the concept can also be applied to political and business practices.  Granted, its not very ethical to do, but anyone looking to Washington to be straight with them is living in a dream world.  However, do understand that the country is currently on a war footing and some practices implimented, not normal to american society, could be in place for the protection of the country.  For example, back in WWII, some Japanese Americans were placed in interment camps by the Goverment, but that was their solution to a set of problems at the time.  At lease it has not come to that yet.

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this is key to understanding anything the politicians do in their quests for power.

Most Americans don't understand the lobbying powers that have control of our government and their influence to effect their agendas. Many presidents have been elected because of their compliance to the lobbyists without much regard to the chipping away of the needs of the people.

With a capitalist thrust as our guide to prosper the inevitable bleed over into government is most assuredly a by product.

If you think of it in terms of how someone can emerge from the mire and muck without getting dirty,  you can understand how there is a little corruption in any process that produces a leader. I would hope that Obama would be the exception to the rule but with all the mire and muck still attached to him in his cabinet and appointments there is room for doubt.

8. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

I watched the first half-hour of the video which aroused my curiosity about its source. Here's what I found--

The man who made the movie, Alex Jones, is a paranoid, isolationist, libertarian, conspiracy theorist. He is a whackjob talk radio host who dropped out of school after briefly attending Austin Community College. He calls himself a "paleo-conservative." The video mixes occasional truths with  lies and misinterpretations.

I wonder who's putting up the money for Jones to make the videos? Sounds like it might be coming from the same sources as those for the whackjob who ran for president several times whose name escapes me at the moment. His people were passing out literature in American airports for several years a while back. Lyndon LaRouche! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche

http://conspiracyscience.com/articles/a … deception/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Conspiracy Theories

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

This.

9. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

The Conspiracy Behind Conspiracy Theories--a bit of history on conspiracy theories in America

http://www.peaceandfreedom.org/home/art … y-theories

10. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

ralph and william you two really are just a couple of cogs...hmm

many know, I know and Mark knows the elitists are in charge of the world...

and the main reasons they stay in charge is because of cogs..

LOL. 

If you knew me you would know better.

1. profile image0
        Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You COG, William! lol  Well, guess it is better than being an 'elitist.'  Cogs love company, you know.

Let's be cogs together, star...

11. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

There are definitely valid and truthful points made within the film.  The problem with films like this is that they go so far towards there own agenda that they stretch and distort facts that do not need to be stretched or distorted.

Obama will prove himself over time to be what he really is... and that is just a puppet to the Banking System.

You should spend some time researching the Carlyle Group and how it is growing by leaps and bounds and is stock full of ex and future Government Officials.

Obama is in this Presidency for the money.  He will tell you what ever you want to hear, but he will follow his own (Bankers) agenda. So he is really no different from any other President in most regards.

Watch Bernanke squirm like a criminal whenever he is called to justify Federal Reserve Actions.

There are very few people who realize what is going on.  And people generally don't view Presidents on real issues, they view them on how they feel emotionally about that person, or how one particular issue effects them directly.

I have a problem with a little bit of truth wrapped up in a bunch of bullshit.  I want the truth, as close as I can get it, and nothing but.

Conspiracy theories about the Rothschilds and the Bilderbergers and blah blah blah whatever stupid crap it is today are just distractions from the real problems.

Mike - I agree with you for the most part.  This country is being pillaged by the very rich. 

I disagree about whether Obama's policies will fix things or not.  It's too early for me to pass judgement.  I voted for him in hopes that he would restore some of the social safety net that we built in after the great depression.  Health care for all is a first step. 

We'll see how effective the reforms actually are, though. 

On the other hand, I will listen to conspiracy theories.  I reject the outright loony ones about shadowy worldwide conspiracies to microchip everyone. 

But is it possible that 9/11 was allowed to happen?  Or that it was even facilitated by certain factions within the intelligence community?  Sure, it's possible, even plausible. 

Was Martin Luther King really killed by a klansman?  Or was he killed by the government because he was organizing labor strikes and speaking out against the Vietnam war? 

Gulf of Tonkin was an obvious false flag operation.  So was the sinking of the Maine. 

But just because conspiracies exist doesn't mean there is an even bigger conspiracy hidden in the shadows.  Just because something is plausible doesn't make it so. 

Nazi Germany was largely created, controlled, and mobilized for war on the basis of a conspiracy theory. 

So F*** conspiracy theories.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
        SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey william...my cog friend smile

check out the 3 hour video "The Money Masters"

what do you think?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)