What Motivates the Other Woman (to go after a married man?)

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cathinfranceposted 14 years ago

I recently wrote a hub on this. If you are a wife who suffered this, the Other Woman who broke up a marriage, or a husband who left a family - what do you think explains the interest of the OW in breaking up a family?

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well when someone fancies a shag, then that's it settled!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

selfishness and desperation?

while i don't fit in any of your categories, i wouldn't chase after any married man, no matter how tempting. it's just bad form and there's a jillion attractive, unattached men out there, and besides i can't see the attraction to a man who would breach a loved one's trust that way.

3. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Married men sometimes cheat on their wives at some time or other. The women involved are not braking any marriage. Marriage was already broken.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I was going to write something along those lines - great minds, ya know wink - but then I thought - what about open relationship? Nothing gets broken in this case smile

1. tantrum profile image59

Yes, but thats not a 'regular' marriage. and anyway, in those cases in the end they split. Jealousy plays an important part in it.

1. Misha profile image62

Umm, after 10 years together no signs of a coming split... neutral

R U in an open relationship?for 10 years ? Well, it's the first I know of that lasted that much.

1. Misha profile image62

Yeah, I am. So far so good. smile

what's the secret ? tongue

1. Misha profile image62

Having enough stamina to outlast jealousy. smile

2. yoshi97 profile image55
            yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree ... the OW doesn't break up the marriage as the married man has the option of objecting her advances. If he says no, it never happens.

4. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the challenge.

or just a complete disregard for another person's life and happiness.

either way, if the woman knows what she is getting in the middle of, its WRONG. wrong wrong.

and i've been on the broken-hearted, why-would-she-do-that-to-me-what-did-i-do-to-her end WAY too many times.

1. Misha profile image62

Try the other side, you might find it entertaining tongue

5. Pamela N Red profile image82
      Pamela N Redposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes she gets tired of running when he's been chasing her. My husband has never cheated on me but years a go when I was young and naive I was the other woman.

I knew he was married and pushed him away for a long time before I gave in. I'm not proud of what I did and promised myself I'd never do it again but don't always lay blame all on the other woman.

He told me his wife wouldn't give him sex. Remember, ladies, he will get it somewhere so if you tell him no don't think he's going to suddenly resort to celibacy.

6. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The 'belief' that all the good ones are taken?

Only a married man is a worthwhile man?

Maybe it is just the female competitive streak... the ego trip of taking what is another womans?

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Greed and narcissism.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No woman has ownership over man smile

1. profile image0

and no man has ownership over any woman. i pity the fool who tries...

1. Misha profile image62

Sure thing it goes both ways, as well as cheating smile

3. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago
  4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

yikes

5. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

I keep getting texts the last week off a girl who says shes engaged on her facebook, and I havent spoken to her for months, we went on 1 or 2 dates and snogged. I thought she knew I had a girlfriend..But you can see its not only men who cheat wink

6. RecoverToday profile image81
    RecoverTodayposted 14 years ago

The same thing that motivates the 'other man' to go after a married woman. Lust, power & excitement. Read about the aftermath of betrayal.....

7. inspireyourspirit profile image56
    inspireyourspiritposted 14 years ago

challenge and intrigue

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

What kills me is how the wife always blames the other woman - like she held a gun to the husband's head!

9. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

I agree habee!

10. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

It could be alittle of all that has been talked about, but I think mostly it is the old saying that you always want what you cant have.  It also has a safety issue of not having to worry about commiting, for he cannot commit to her if he is married.
       What I do not understand is why any woman would consider taking up with a man who is cheating on his wife with her. If she ends up with him, would she not get cheated on eventually too?

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Also, some women start dating a married man without knowing he's married. Happened to me. Believe it or not, some men will actually lie about this!

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They would?  NO! You're kidding!
      wink

12. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Sometimes marriages are made from hell. When two such people meet, decide to come together despite financial ruin for both of them from divorce settlements, it is really nobody's place to condemn.

13. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

Im sure it depends on the women. Maybe she has been abused by her father and is in search of an older father figure.
    Maybe her life is quite boring right now, and she just needs a thrill.
    Or, the husband chased her first, and she simply didn't say no.
    It could be for so many reasons.
    Either way, I'm so sorry!

1. profile image0

i am attracted to older men because my dad died during my formative years but i won't pursue a married man. besides not all older men are married. a couple of times i found out they were married and i stopped it way before it got started. let them go get their cheap thrills someplace else.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are spankings too cheap?

14. Hmrjmr1 profile image70
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

those women not knowing aside, I think it's that women are the most competitive creatures on the planet! (not necessarily a bad thing)
    I think all the sports and other competitions, business, etc pale in comparison to the competition for 'reproductive rights' to their designated male...
    cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)