First SALES on Amazon!!! WOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (41 posts)
  1. OregonWino profile image62
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

So I had decided not to put any more Amazon modules on my hubs as I was not seeing any sales etc from them...then I login today for the first time ina  couple of weeks and I had sold a chainsaw and a bunch of romance novels....what the heck?  Hehe, none of my hubs have anything to do with either of those things, but hey, I will take it!!

How much success do people have with Amazon who are not specifically writing hubs about products to push via amazon?  i.e. how is the conversion for just "sort of" related items?

2. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Patience is everything on HubPages.  Congratulations on your first sale and go back to putting Amazon capsules on your Hubs! Believe me, I had to wait a lot longer for my first Amazon sale and it is very common to sell something not remotely connected to the topic of your Hub.

OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!  Yeah I am going to for sure do that!  Thank you for teh support and good luck!

2. profile image49
      Affili Mar Pageposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right. You have to be patience in doing all of the affiliate jobs. It is great to know that you can sell something
      that is different from your Hub's content.

3. profile image0
    troseposted 14 years ago

Wow, Congratulations!  I am still waiting for a sale from Amazon. Patience is a virtue....In the meantime, keep plugging away!

Will do and good luck to you as well!!!

4. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Congrats

5. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! I still have yet to make an Amazon sale... (((sigh)))

6. dyesebel10 profile image64
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

Congrats!  I recently had my first Amazon sale too.  It's a webcam.

Nice!!!!  I need one of those too!!

7. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I sold four things on Amazon so far but have not had much luck being an affiliate for ebay although I have tried. Anyone else having luck with ebay and please give advice if you don't mind. Thanks.

8. sunbrite profile image61
    sunbriteposted 14 years ago

That's great,congrats!!

9. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Congrats, way to go. Feels great doesn't it? Had my first Amazon sale a week ago or so.

Yeah, it is fantastic!  Even though it was only like $5 it is still really motivating!

10. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 14 years ago

Don't forget that your Amazon code only appears 60% of the time. It's possible that a sale was made the other 40% while HubPages gets the revenue. So be patient and leave you Amazon ads in there, as well as eBay.  I'm having the same issues, but I'm being patient about it as I know it takes time until the traffic builds up. AdSense seems to be better, although only pennies right now. eBay works better on my business site, where I do notice that people end up buying something totally unrelated. smile

Since we are allowed to do two direct links in the article, do you think it is better to do that to try and capture more sales, even when it is one of hubpages 40% impressions?

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Direct links don't go 40/60.  That's why you are limited to only two of them. Amazon or eBay capsules are not direct links to your site. They divide 40/60 so you are free to use as many as you like.

2. Appletreedeals profile image67
      Appletreedealsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glen I sure hope I'm right and you're wrong. I am pretty sure the 60/40 split with hubpages only applies to Google adsense impressions. NOT ebay or Amazon affiliate sales.

I did a quick read on Hubpages "How do I make Money with Hubpages" FAQ and they seem to confirm the "60/40 impressions split" refers to Google Adsense only!

Also, I believe an affiliate commission split with Hubpages may, (not sure), violate ebay and Amazons Affiliate programs TOS. I think that was the set-up that got BANS stores banned. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Maybe a Hubpages Staffer could confirm which way is correct?

11. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

Congrats!

Just this month of December alone I made 11 sales in Amazon mostly from third party while the rest is from the Amazon products I included in my hubs... the first time I earned since I first joined HP in August.

12. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Congrats. First one is always the sweetest smile.

13. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

It is amazing when the amazon affiliate stuff comes to life and you start seeing sales. I find it very motivating to write more smile. Lets hope that this is the start of something big for the both of us! I tell you what, the second third and fourth sale will be every bit as exciting as this one, maybe more so as its harder to dismiss as a fluke big_smile

I hope so and I wanted to thank you for the encouragement!  I have started to write more hubs and am finding that I am writing about all kinds of stuff I would never haev anticipated!

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is really great to share the excitement of having all the time and work in building up a decent foundation of hubs start to pay off. I have tried optimizing for google ad sense and while I do get clicks they are often not huge payers and I think ad sense might be the harder affiliate to earn with. With amazon I am getting steady click throughs' daily which I did not have for a long time, I must assume my older hubs are starting to mature and bring in genuine traffic and my writing skills must also be improving (at least for sales). I would love to see good stats for awhile with amazon so I can work on getting a better strategy with ad sense and have more then one form of online income. In any case its awesome to have solid proof that this stuff really  can make some money and be an inspiration for others, I am sure you are an inspiration for newer members as well as being an inspiration for me! big_smile

I agree, it excitement is contagious.  It is funny that earing a couple of dollars can be so exciting...but I think it is due to us knowing that if we can make $1 we can make $1000, or $10,000 a month, we just need to do the work and get better at our craft.  I also notice that hubs really build on each other and if people like one of yours they may take a look at others as well.

I know what you mean about Google, I have had a few clicks (1o or so at last count) and I think the one that paid the best was around $3.20..which is not bad, but it seems to be pretty random.  I am hoping that Amazon will prove to be more lucrative.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

congrats to all who made sales, and to those who havent had a sale yet, just be patient, it will come soon,

15. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Congrats on your first sale.  MOre to come I hope.

I didn't sell anything on Amazon and Ebay for the longest time.  Lots of clicks, but no sales.  But after time, I began to sell quite a bit.  Enough for a few payouts actually.

I don't write specifically for products so I don't expect that much but over time it actually adds up. Like everything else on Hubpages, patience is key.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And for me this is the hard work of HP, being patient! Writing is fun and usually pretty easy, being patient is a killer lol

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Oh I checked mine I had 4.80 already, I add another sales since two weeks ago, well they are not related sales in my hubs, thats good already...

17. compu-smart profile image88
    compu-smartposted 14 years ago

Good job!! It took me almsot 6 months to make my 1st Amazon sale and now i average a couple of sales per month! It was nice to log in the other day and see $55.00 which I made in my sleep!!big_smile

Good luck for many more sales 4usall!smile

18. bluesky4real profile image61
    bluesky4realposted 14 years ago

I'm happy for you. I'm yet to make a sale on Amazon as I just started some days ago. It take a good Hub/article with great content to make people to take action. I write about decision making, efficiency and success and with great books on those topic, I should start earning in less pretty soon.

Happy new year

You will get there man, I am still pretty new and I just try to write when I have the time and about things that I enjoy.  Stay positive and realize that you can get paid for years on the work that you do once!!

19. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 14 years ago

Just wanted to say "congrats" x

20. Casper021 profile image60
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

Congrats, keep it up and you will have lots more sales

21. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I earnt (earned for the Americans out there) around $1200 off Amazon in December, can't go wrong with that!

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was that just off your hubs, or from any other sites you might have as well?

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats just off my Hubs!

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blimey - very nice too!

22. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

congrats .that is the open door,more sales will come.

23. profile image0
    blogsiteposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, I'm happy for you.

24. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

congratulations!!!

25. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

Good job, Oregonwino. Other's success give the rest of us hope it will happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)