What is Your New Years Resolution on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (43 posts)
  1. easyspeak profile image67
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

Or any other New Years Resolutions in general...

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

To write some hubs and have at least 100 by the end of the year , may not sound like much , but two teenagers, my tax job, my mother in law with altzheimers 3 cats and one dog , hopefully I can at least get 83 more hubs done by years end:)

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Consistent quality Hubs and daily posting of a very helpful Hub (Link) written by another Hubber - on my Profile Page. (Different Hub everyday). smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to actually write a Hub, now and again.  My last was 3 months ago.  If only the spammers would take a vacation...

4. warchild75 profile image62
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine is to end the year with over 200 hubs,at the start of this year i had 59 and now have 64 so i have written 5 good quality hubs in 5days,at this rate i will have over 300 hubs but im sure there will be a lull when i am having writers block or something...smile

5. khawfash profile image60
      khawfashposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My new years resolution is to maintain a positive attitude, within HubPages and in general.

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

Two hubs per week would be good for me.

3. jessicab profile image59
    jessicabposted 14 years ago

My plan is to write more hubs and more words and try promote my hubs more.

4. Diskobolos profile image57
    Diskobolosposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.

5. Highvoltagewriter profile image69
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

I am not big on resolutions...however I do have goals and my goals are to increase my hubs and try to write 3 hubs per week. I am also wanting to build a website and finish my book by Halloween next year..I have lot of other plans but that is good start for now!

1. Diskobolos profile image57
      Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, why would you set a goal to write certain amount of hubs? You should write whenever you feel you have something to say and if you don't have then don't write, instead of forcing things.

6. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub about my HubPages New Year's resolution. It's quite a list smile.

1. marcofratelli profile image79
      marcofratelliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I aim to write more than I have been doing in the last year. But it depends on where I am for work and whether or not I am able to do it.

7. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

My desired goal here is to accomplish something of such note as to be posted on the hub pages blog. Something like a record for amazon sales is what my fingers are crossed for big_smile (personal records are fine)

8. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 14 years ago

Less planning and more action smile

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man, I'm with you on that one! big_smile

...and for me personally to spend less time on the forums...here and elsewhere...unless I'm getting paid, lol.

1. OregonWino profile image61
        OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!!  more getting it done...even 5 visits per hub is good when you have 500 hubs  hehe

9. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

to stop watching my hub scores and trying to make sense of them.  Holds true for my author score also.

1. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I echo lyricsingray, PLUS for myself, to not get antsy or drive myself bonkers when the score goes down or feel pleased with myself when it goes up a point or two.

10. easyspeak profile image67

I usually don't do New Year's resolutions either, but I'm going to try to hit some ambitious goals this year. 

I'm going to try to do and average 2 hubs a day.  I'll probably miss a few days but I've also been known to get in a zone and pump out 8 or 9 hubs and other articles on some days.

We'll see.  I'm a sales guy so I value goals.  I just hope I don't hit my goal at the expense of doing due diligence on the hubs like SEO.  I'm still not sure if having more hubs is better than trying to get a few hubs better ranking with intensive SEO.

Anyways, we'll try the quantity with basic SEO and see how it works.

11. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Not to get banned. big_smile

1. dave272727 profile image59
      dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol Happy New Year Everyone smile

12. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Good luck, Kim. big_smile

13. easyspeak profile image67

Happy new year!  Hope everyone finds what they're looking for in the new year.

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AAAAMMMMEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

14. Gina Coole profile image59
    Gina Cooleposted 14 years ago

My resolution is to write a serious, clever, thought-provoking hub.  So far my hubs make me seem shallow and slutty.  Its like I have the brain of a genius yet when my fingers hit the keyboard I become a bimbo.  Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

15. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

To make payout! smile

Hey Gina, can I join your club? I feel the same way. I am a genius in my mind and yet no where else it feels!

16. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 14 years ago

I don't do resolutions, but I DO want to write articles that are interesting and enjoyable to write, that other people will want to read also.

I constantly have trouble finding that balance.

17. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 14 years ago

Oh, and I also want to make tons of money, and have a zillion devoted fans. It's hard being a  greedy narcissist.

18. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 14 years ago

I haven't made a new year's resolution cos I don't feel the need.  I will just do what I want to, when I want to, if it's possible.

Late last year I decided I needed to be less avaricious.  Personally, I think most people could be less avaricious, but then that is only my opinion. x

19. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

My general resolutions are to quit smoking for good and to lose about 80 pds.  So far, after a week I haven't smoked and have lost only 2pds.  However, this is a year long commitment.  I'll let everyone know the results next year.

20. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

I did a complete hub on the topic called Hub Resolutions.  Its my goals for 2010 on hubpages with a video I produced.

21. scarlton profile image72
    scarltonposted 14 years ago

I resolve to figure out what I'm doing and how to improve my hubs, I just recently started on HubPages so hopefully I will get to know my way around the site before much longer. Happy New Year All!

22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I made my last and final new year's resolution in 1987. Ever since, I don't bother. It's just another day. big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure I ever did at all smile

23. karlbot profile image60
    karlbotposted 14 years ago

Write at least one hub a month.

24. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

to learn planche pushups

25. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I don't really make new year resolutions. However,this year i want to master backlinking. Seems to be THE thing to work on very well to get a headway in writing articles (and probably a bit of success will follow). smile

26. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Not to post in religion forum big_smile

27. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

1. Write all the time - in my sleep, on my phone, in between meetings, over coffee ...

2. Build social networking presence

28. yvonne16 profile image61
    yvonne16posted 14 years ago

to be able to make 2010 hubs for this year!

29. CrystalStarWoman profile image60
    CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years ago

1. To work on my 'time-management' skills... enabling me to actually make time to write a Hub or three!

2. To stick to a diet, give up chocolate (boo-hoo) and lose a LOT of weight - in time for me to be fit and fabulous at 50!! (It's the big 5 0 birthday July 13th!)

3. To stop 'over-punctuating', and cut down on my over-abundant use of exclamation marks!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)