Do you thank God for everything he has done for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (88 posts)
  1. seyiari profile image61
    seyiariposted 14 years ago

Come let us reason together and ask ourselves some questions. Why we still alive...are how many friends of ours died this year or probably how many of them died before today... Or perhaps how many of them are in hospital right now? and we are here on hub pages trying different tricks on how to be one of the best hubbers or probably make money through adsense or amazon or whatever…. Have we ever asked ourselves what we’ve done or what we’ve not done to still be alive today……or do we think that we are better or perfect or holy or sharp or intelligent or……..   whatever ….than those that left this world before today , most especially those that started this same year together with us. Ok, haven’t we made the same mistake they made or ate the same food they ate?.....or even drove on the same road they had accident on or probably walked on the same path they walked…..then why are we still breathing or why are we still able to be in front of our system and working on hubpages?.........don’t you think this life is too complicated to be natural?.........don’t you think some people will still die between now that I’m posting this question and a second to January 1 2010?........do you know you might be among those people?….. you said no, ok what gave you the assurance that you won’t ?.....ok, I agree with you that you won’t be among those that will die before then and I won’t too but let me  ask you this …….do you appreciate the life you are living now?.......if so, have you said thank you to God for keeping you alive? …. Or …do you think your being alive is by your strength?....... think about all these and let fellow hubbers know your true view about it …..But please let only reasonable and wise mind reply to this, while those otherwise should stand out and watch

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If someone claims their god has anything to do with keeping them alive or providing for them in any way, they have also to explain why they are being provided for and others are not. And, since there are many who starve to death every day who believe in the same god, we can conclude gods do not provide for anyone at all and those who claim he does provide are lying.

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same old question, same old answers....

1. 25% of the world ask God to help mankind and all creation, 75% of humanity don't and by default their 'vote' goes to Satan, who loves to kill and abuse people.

You say it, you pray it, either to God or to Satan, your (default) choice.

2. God's provisioning actually has conditions attached, which unfortunately many folk cannot comply with, as they have given Satan more authority in their lives than they have given to Christ.

Read Matthew 6 for a general guideline and some understanding, as I find other scriptures I'll post them, though I am out in a while!

3. I fully admit that many false evangelist scalp hunters have trawled through the poorer regions of the world making false converts who will say anything in the hope of getting anything they can from these 'men of God' - Well those men are nothing but hirelings if ALL they do is preach a message of damnation and go back home telling their 'supporters' how many souls their donation saved, and next week we are off to .... so dig deep sucker.

Conversion requires discipleship training, to bring people towards the fullness of Christ in order that they may maintain the faith with more than their lips in a token attempt to stay alive.

1. profile image54

Don't you mean, lack of answers? No one has explained this problem.

So, Satan kills those children? Where did you get those numbers?

Let me get this straight. So, small children and infants are able to formulate in their minds the same concepts as adults in regards to religious convictions, and they have decided to choose Satan, hence are doomed to starve to death?

Your scriptures appear not to answer the question.

What does that have to do with anything?

Sorry, you've done nothing to provide any answers and have merely offered excuses.

Try again.

1. motricio profile image68
            motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jajajaja that was really funny

2. aguasilver profile image70

I don't have to try anything, the subject is whether I thank God for all He does for me, I do, and that's all I need to do, you are the one trying to go off topic.

1. profile image54

Yes, that's all you need to do, keep on believing YOU are special and those less fortunate than you can all die and go to hell, as far as you're concerned. Class act.

And, that IS dead on topic, pal.

Guess you missed the post of mine above...

BTW what do YOU do to alleviate the problem?

1. profile image54

I've been doing that, haven't you been paying attention? The problem lies squarely on those who thank their gods for their good fortune. Kapeesh?

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly Q! That is the logical conclusion. smile

3. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If as young man takes a young woman out on a date and rapes her forcing her to have sex, he is a rapist. If, on the other hand he simply lets her be, he is then a gentleman. God is a gentleman. He will not dwell where He is not wanted.

If your children were starving, who would you blame? Would it be God's fault if you did not provide for them?

God has given man everything he needs to survive. It is the greed of man that messes things up so much.

4. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol Nice answer

But illogical and without any substance or evidence of truth, however it is a nice answer, and our sock puppet friend specializes in sound bites with no substance.... troll do that!

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of my friends died this year, not one smile I'm not bothered about why I'm here, I just am and I'm enjoying it. I'm not so good on the whole adsense thing, I primarily write poetry, so that doesn't really apply. I have questioned myself of course. Only strange people think about other people dying as meaning you are better than them... I don't really see the need to question your existence in such a way as this, it's depressing XD EVERYTHING is natural. As to dying before 2010, still here smile
      I appreciate my life sure. But I'm not thankful to any 'bestower' of my life, because there is no such conscience. But it's nice to be here. God and strength aren't the only options tongue

That was nice. Covers most of your points. No insults, all clean comments, no more bans tongue

...and goo dot see you back!

I meant of course good to see you back! roll

3. carolegalassi profile image61
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No and I should.

2. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

no

1. seyiari profile image61
      seyiariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what is no ? didn't you read the last sentence i wrote before you replied?

So you are not aware? neutral

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

If God is responsable for all, all good and holy, all wonderful and why I found my keys..he must also be responsable for all dead, dying, suffering. Cant have it both ways...either hes not looking, or arbitrarly choosing...
    I am thankfull to be alive, happy and looking forward to next year. I do try to not waste a minute, but I can not complelty think its god who did it. if he did, what a cruel cruel master...

Same old question, same old answers....

as I just said....

1. 25% of the world ask God to help mankind and all creation, 75% of humanity don't and by default their 'vote' goes to Satan, who loves to kill and abuse people.

You say it, you pray it, either to God or to Satan, your (default) choice.

4. itech profile image65
    itechposted 14 years ago

Who is God ?
    I am suffering from headache...

Amazing, richest man in America and he works for Satan....

5. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Yes

1. profile image54

And, to hell with those he does not provide for...? YOU are special?

Yes I guess believers are special...

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
                 Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
        2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
                 My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
                 And from the perilous pestilence.
        4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
                 And under His wings you shall take refuge;
                 His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
        5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
                 Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
        6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
                 Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
                 And ten thousand at your right hand;
                 But it shall not come near you.
        8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
                 And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
                 Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
        10 No evil shall befall you,
                 Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
        11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
                 To keep you in all your ways.
        12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
                 Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
        13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
                 The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
                 I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
        15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
                 I will be with him in trouble;
                 I will deliver him and honor him.
        16 With long life I will satisfy him,
                 And show him My salvation.”

1. profile image54

Oh, I see. You must be very proud of yourselves having to go through life having everything given to you on a silver platter by your god while others starve in abject poverty.

You all would make fine dictators and despots, too.

I'm surprised you have not written any hubs on the issue yet, maybe you are too busy helping the poor?

Oh wait a minute, you don't write hubs do you....

....maybe you are just too busy being a sock puppet?

http://livingwaters.site90.net/Sock.png

1. profile image54

Do the authoring of hubs on my part preclude the hypocrisy of those how thank their gods for their abundance?

6. motricio profile image68
    motricioposted 14 years ago

Yes I do!
    Every day I'm thankful for every thing i got!
    Good or bad, I feel lucky to have a life and can breath again at the end of my day.

7. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

no, at times when it is too much I just reflect and thank Him after sometime

1. profile image54

It is the thanking of your god which is the problem as he clearly does not provide for many of his children, but YOU appear to be on his favored list? Is there some reason for this discrepancy?

Wow, I'm beginning to think you just don't read the posts.... it's YOUR LOT the 75% of the world that empower Satan that cause the problem, now do I have to tell you every time you try and troll into the situation....

1. profile image54

Feel free to make up any excuses you wish with any fantasy you wish. It doesn't change a thing one iota.

8. jessicab profile image59
    jessicabposted 14 years ago

I always thank God and pray for myself and other people in my life.  I am still living and thankful for that.  Some people lives are cut so short and to soon in a way they do not get a chance to do anything in life.

1. profile image54

So then, we shouldn't be thanking gods, should we?

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yes, I thank God every night for all He has given my family and me. I don't know why some struggle and starve. I wrestle with that often. I'm certainly no more deserving than the millions who have died of starvation, sickness, or war.

1. profile image54

Simple, your god is spending far too much time attending to your personal wants and needs to worry about feeding the starving and the destitute. Should you really be thanking him for that?

Evidently, you are more deserving. Curious, that.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shouldn't you be blaming evolution for starvation and death?  Don't be so angry to find yourself at a crossroads in the evolutionary process. 

You blamed god because your wife died (and I am very sorry for you loss and death isn't something I have wished on anyone) but death is a process that no one escapes, so shouldn't you be angry with the facts (evolution) and less angry with people who are grateful for what they have.

Certainly, this god you hate so much has given you more as well because you are not starving either but you somehow believe that all the people who believe in god should starve to death... which would include those children you speak about. 

You have already concluded that my pennies aren't worth anything because it wasn't enough to feed more then a few.  But because those few also believe in God and got something then they are also selfish because someone else is still starving.

How selfish of the starving person to accept food while others still starve.  Blame evolution for its failure to give enough resources to feed the entire world. Blame evolution for the death of so many of its magnificent creations.  Blame evolution for the death that is inevitable. 

Why do you feel so strongly if all life is, is a random, coincidental accident that means nothing.  Somehow, you disbelieve because your expectations for god and humanity and all life doesn't account for why you will still one day die.

Death is a part of life, why can't you accept it? 

Obviously by your own responses God thinks you are more deserving then those starving children too.  So what do you really hate? 

Not God because it doesn't exist.  Be angry with evolution if you don't like what transpired in the minds of its mistaken creation and get on with your life.

Smoke that cigarette, drink your drink and be happy for what you have.  If you aren't happy with what you have then give it to someone who would appreciate it more but heaven forbid you give it to those starving children who also believe in God.

10. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

I do for sure

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No. Why should I?

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Why should anyone need to thank your particular god?

Bit of logic earnest...

If there is a God (big g god, not little g god, one of many) then there can only be ONE Creator God, there MUST be a highest power in a world where there is a hierarchy and we have hierarchal order on this planet.

It is obvious from reading various religious books that they are not speaking about the same person.

The Torah and the new covenant bible both have the same 'author', the Quran leans and quotes (sometimes in error) from the Torah, and recognizes sections of the new covenant, but it is obvious it does not share the same author.

All other versions of religion share a relatively pantheistic stance, none offer any guarantee of an eternal afterlife existence.

So IF one is to worship or 'follow' a God, one  (presumably) wishes to make sure that the God you follow is THE GOD who created everything.

That's why I have little time for people who suggest that 'all roads lead to Rome' and any religion will do.

I want nothing to do with any religion that leaves me wondering if I am in the right place, I like certainty and Christ give me that, confirmed by His Holy Spirit.

1. profile image54

And, it was most certainly looking like a bit of logic till you got here...

Almost everything you said including your conclusion can be regurgitated by every other believer of every other religion. They think and believe almost exactly as you do about their religion, their beliefs and their gods.

And, since the entire pieces' logic breaks down at the conclusion, you are left in the same position as those other believers, that of never being able to claim you chose to worship the right god.

1. earnestshub profile image80

I concur. Not only is there disagreement outside religion, but hundreds of interpretations of the dicy text that each follows to arrive at a god conclusion. All this from a book that can be understood however you like.

Hi guys,

Had a little sleep so apologies for a late reply!

Well i'm glad you both concur, however my last statement, the one you say makes no sense, actually makes the most sense, because ANY religionists who willingly worshiped a god they knew and or viewed as lesser would need to be very foolish.

Now I know you probably think anybody who worships a god, let alone believes that their god is THE GOD must be foolish, but that's an opinion: your opinion, based upon your conclusion, that you also are 100% correct in your belief that there is NO GOD.

So it all comes down to what anyone believes.

I took 41 years to reach my conclusion, part of my conclusion was that I physically saw the Holy Spirit intervene in physical situations, by the use of spiritual power, and change those situations.

I understood Ephesians 6 when it spoke:

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I do not expect that you agree with this, nor is it relevant.

What is relevant is that ALL of my co religionists agree with this statement and will have witnessed the power of the Holy Spirit working ion their and or others physical lives.

If they have not, then in my opinion they are not foolish, for I can assure them it is proven, but they are missing what awaits them, for their absence of understanding which comes from this physical confrontation and subsequent transformation.

If you do not know the Holy Spirit, then, yes, any old religion will do, even though most of them make no real promises, if you do, then no other will suffice.

1. profile image54

That never happens, according to any believer you ask, does it?

Never said that. Those are your words. The question is whether or not you can claim you are 100% correct.

Hence, that is why you cannot claim to be correct.

Of course, I find that extremely hard to believe and all you'll have is people telling you to seek professional help.

So what? There are a number of people who agree on all sorts of wacky ideas. It doesn't make any of them correct.

No, you can't.

Sorry, but as you say, it all comes down to what you believe and not what is correct.

1. profile image0
                thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Again Q write a hub, or will that reveal your ID?

13. earnestshub profile image80

No god, no ptoof, just a belief which is fixed and cannot be challenged. Good for you. smile

14. earnestshub profile image80

Your certainty springs from the same place as all religious certainty. The words of men from a single book proclaiming a god.
    Not theory, no proof, no evidence just blind faith in some sick old men, sad really, there is so much more to life than believing in impossible entities. smile

15. profile image0
    Over The Hillposted 14 years ago

It has nothing to do with religion.It is about a personal confrontation with the Holy Spirit. Thereby realizing and understanding that He is a living spirit. Something you must not have experienced sir. When this meeting occours, there never is any doubt again.You can not be dissuaded He exists.

Amen, it is the singular difference between the saved and the unsaved, that cannot be replicated or engineered.

Since meeting all these folk on Hubpages, I have realized that fact.

Then you would realize that many here like myself were christians! The only thing you can say is that we couldn't have been REAL christians! Many of us believed what you do then got past it. Suggest you do the same. smile

1. profile image0
          Over The Hillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well,apparently Earnestshub,you didn`t have the real deal.If you had , you wouldn`t have as you say,(gotten over it.)Look into it without all the anger.Apparently it`s something you really put an effort into and when you didn`t experience the Spirit of God , you became entrenched in hatred for God. And truthfully,you haven`t gotten over it.That`s why you`re here every day , still trying to find it through your anger.

1. profile image54

Seems to me that Earnesthub simply came to his senses rather than having lost them.

I don't see hatred in his words, but rather the frustration of watching mankind go to hell in a hand basket, so to speak, while believers sit idly by waiting joyfully for an apocalypse.

I would hasten Earnesthub to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Not relevant, what we are stating is that had Earnest received a genuine in filling of the Holy Spirit, there is no way he or anybody else could deny the existence of the Holy Spirit, or the power He possesses and uses in the earthly world existence.

I know this is the dividing line between belief and skepticism, for even the bible tells me so:

Mark 1:8
              I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”.... so Christ drew the distinction,it's not a sprinkling in the church font when you are four days old, its a whole more serious thing when you are ready to make the commitment.

Luke 12:12
              For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”.... which is why we believers can always deal with the taunts and flaming arrows of the enemy...

Acts 1:8
              But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Acts 5:32
              And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Acts 19:2
              he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.”.... so it's established that some believers need infilling before they progress...

1 Corinthians 2:13
              These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 Corinthians 6:19
              Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

But probably the most telling thing are the following verses:

Hebrews 6 - 1

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this we will do if God permits.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away,  to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

So I would that Earnest could confirm whether he did receive the Holy Spirit or not, for it is an important issue.

Speaking personally I believe that even though Earnest declares enmity against God, God is not finished yet with Earnest, but only time will tell if that is true or not.

2. profile image0
              SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who sits idly by watvching and waiting for an apocalypse? Have you ever heard of Christian Chidlren's fund? Do yo uknow ho wmany mission aries that go out into places where there is little comfort in the way of life they experience? Do you know how many missionaries are killed annually who go to places to reach people?

I would hardly call that sitting idly by.

Sitting at a computer reading word after word of insults just to get a chance to give someone a drop of truth is not sitting idly by.

1. profile image54

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Defau … ?id=525028

Yes, they spend a tremendous amount of resources on making sure bibles and salvation are available to those they try to convert.

Didn't know you were keeping track. We could talk about the missionaries that wiped some civilizations from the planet if you want to discuss body counts.

Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
                  Matthew 23:24

Your sarcasm is futile and I have no idea why we are even bothering to answer you as you don't even exist.... a mere sock puppet.

http://livingwaters.site90.net/Troll.png

1. starme77 profile image76
                    starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

convert is the word , there was a dude once who converted a bunch of folks to follow him then he had em all kill themselves , converting is for cults

2. earnestshub profile image80

I don't do anger. I leave that to those hateful enough to propagate this tripe. smile You sound angry that I do not believe as you do, and need to resort to the tactics I described! Not a real christian indeed!
            I experienced all the emotions that have been described here by other religionists like yourself and studied dilligently every day for two years. I am well past looking for answers with religious thinking. smile

I come here for the same reason that most other non believers do. To say what I think because I feel free enough to do so.
            I just don't like people spreading their "truth" when it is about the "tooth fairy in the sky that must be true cos you read it in a book you do not even understand!"
            Go scare your own kids!
            What a gutless post! lol

1. profile image0
              Over The Hillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earnest,I left you a well intended post in a kindly manner.You say you don`t do hate but it`s boiling out of you. I truly would hate to be the miserable person it`s obvious you are. I feel sorry for you.

Typically, you can't see yourself.
                Go project your hate on someone it fits. I do not need you to feel sorry for me, you sound just like a condescending religious fanatic! smile

Ernest, did you receive the in filling of the Holy Spirit whilst you were a Christian?

If you did, then you must now have to deny what you personally experienced.

If you did not, then you were just a token believer.

There are some 'men of God' out there who are counterfeits, or hirelings.

Luke 20:46-47

46 “Beware of the scribes, who desire to go around in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, 47 who devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation.”

I can understand your anger, but like OTH said, you need to get over it, and hanging around here making the same futile statements to people who do have faith, who have experienced the Holy Spirits power at work, whose faith is growing daily, is a sad waste of time.

I cannot deny that which I have personally witnessed to be truth.

16. dogluver1 profile image58
    dogluver1posted 14 years ago

I thank the lord.

17. profile image0

Amen Aquasilver.I think if you can deny it,you never had it. Your thoughts?

18. profile image0

Aquasilver,maybe you missed my last post.I agree wholeheartedly with you about the Holy Spirit.I went on to say that to deny the Spirit in my estimation means you have never known Him.If you have ever been filled,you will not be able to deny His existance.You are correct in stating that the Spirit is the deciding step in salvation.You deny the Spirit,then you`ve never known Him.You`ve never known Him,there is no salvation.

I know, we both posted the same answer at the same time! big_smile

I'm off to bed soon, so not much time for tag tonight, but I agree with you!

19. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 14 years ago

To want to thank god for everything he has done for you means you have to believe.  If you don't believe in god, how can you thank her?   I thank my spirit guides at times.

I think the way people live their lives determines their health and happiness.

20. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I have a morning ritual every morning when I rise I am greeted by my German Shepard.  I pat him and tell him "We are so lucky pal we have another day to spend together"  I am very thankful for every day that I have who or what I am thankful too I am not sure but that does not diminish my gratitude.

21. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

thank him for what he has done for me ha if you mean letting friend and family die and putting you through the pain and letting them suffer before they die NO WAY

Job 2:10 (New King James Version)

Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

I hope you can find peace and forgiveness in your life, for God loves us all no matter what.

22. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Job 2:5-15 (Young's Literal Translation)

5Yet, put forth, I pray Thee, Thy hand, and strike unto his bone and unto his flesh -- if not: unto Thy face he doth bless Thee!'

6And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, `Lo, he [is] in thy hand; only his life take care of.'

7And the Adversary goeth forth from the presence of Jehovah, and smiteth Job with a sore ulcer from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

8And he taketh to him a potsherd to scrape himself with it, and he is sitting in the midst of the ashes.

9And his wife saith to him, `Still thou art keeping hold on thine integrity: bless God and die.'

10And he saith unto her, `As one of the foolish women speaketh, thou speakest; yea, the good we receive from God, and the evil we do not receive.' In all this Job hath not sinned with his lips.

11And three of the friends of Job hear of all this evil that hath come upon him, and they come in each from his place -- Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite -- and they are met together to come in to bemoan him, and to comfort him;

12and they lift up their eyes from afar and have not discerned him, and they lift up their voice and weep, and rend each his robe, and sprinkle dust on their heads -- heavenward.

13And they sit with him on the earth seven days and seven nights, and there is none speaking unto him a word when they have seen that the pain hath been very great.

23. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

I don't think it is possible to thank God for everything as there is so much He has done that I am not even aware of. I do try to thank Him everyday for the blessings I enjoy smile Just my thoughts, Holly

1. profile image54

Starving children dying by the thousands daily, yes, there is much on his agenda.

How about the blessings others don't enjoy, but rather have a horrible death from starvation facing them, do you thank your god for that too?

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Q - You forgot to quote that these are "just my thoughts".
          Just as Earnest has the right to share his opinion - so do I. And I do it without having to denigrate anothers opinion - unlike you.
          I gave my opinion. If you don't care for my opinion - don't read it. You are out of line so back off. Holly

1. profile image54

Ah contraire, your opinion or your so-called "thoughts" are most denigrating, that was my point.

Oh, but I do care, that's why I posted.

No, YOU are out of line with your self-serving tripe.

1. profile image0

No you're out of line.

2. h.a.borcich profile image60

Q, I gave my opinion to a thread. Your assault on my opinion was not nesessary. Now you are continuing to attack. BACK OFF!

1. profile image54

No, what you offered WAS an assault on everyone who is dying of starvation or some such other malady that your god has demonstrated to ignore as he wiles away his time making sure "good" Christians have their fill.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60

I am convinced you are trying to rail me into a fight just because you dislike my opinion. I dislike your opinion but I ignore it. What is your problem? Do you think ridiculing my thoughts and taunting me will happen?
                STOP ATTACKING MY OPINION AND LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU ARE HARASSING ME AT THIS POINT.

2. profile image0

Wrong again, IF God doesn't exist as you claim you're the one to blame for straving children. Sin is the problem God is the solution.  I think she ask before but because you have an agenda,

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/image/645b29b8dbf21da6

2. profile image0

Again with this, Write a hub!

1. profile image54

Have another cherry.

1. profile image0

? Your ramblings are getting old. Have you fed those starving kids are you still blaming the God you don't believe exist. If feel you the need to vent, write a hub.

1. profile image54

Try taking your own advice and don't worry about poor little ole me.

1. profile image0

I got 20 written with visual aids for the blind atheists you should read them.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)