Stupisd ..I posted a buy it now software item on ebay, and GET THIS >>

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

2 days ago , I listed a software item I ordered from the company , back in March 2009, so I would receive it as soon as it was available. Due to certain cercumstances, I will not be doing my taxes, never opened the case ..disk has never been removed..and the guy knows this. The Company has changed the packing from the previous years, he has not even gotten it yet..I sent it 2 days ago , for free, 4 hours after he immediatly paid..NOW he is threatening me, wants his money back, has not evven gotten the software, id=s just going by the difference in the package and new name from previous years. I called my 24/7 , 365 day a year tax rep to verify everything he wanted, he themn seemed fine, today I get threatened again and he has NOT gotten the software..I always give free delivery confirmation and I never lie on my listings..is this guy just a jerk because he thinks he can bully a disabled woman or is having buyers remorse because he spent too much on Christmas..I think Paypal is supposed to protect me, right..
    I am calling paypal tomarrow and sending them all the threatening e-mails, the first one came 1 hour after he bought it, before it was taken to the post office for 6 am delivery..

What should I think about this idiot and his actions and what would you do if it were me..I mean he bought it within 5 minutes or less of me even listing it...

It really has my anxiety up, paypal gives the buyer the sellers address and phone number..and yes , I even have threatening calls from him already..Now remember, this was around midnight EST, he lives in california and I was waiting for the mail truck to send it on its way between 5 and 6 am Thrusday morning...

I am one of the fastest shippers out there, not to brag, but with this incident, I am starting to think twice, ( I have 7 items I got emails saying they loved my scents and jewelry, they just have not left feedbacks yet, from people who do not "EBAY" much )

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Been there ... done that ... wore the Tshirt

A few years back I found out about Sam's Club's private auctions and decided I could buy stuff from there at a low price and resell it for a profit - yeah, right! Here's just two of many things that went wrong ...

Item 1: The cookware set from hell ...

I bought several cookware sets for $45 that normally sold for $150 and I was ready to make a killing. I only had 3 sets, but I figured they would sell for $100 a piece, making me a cool $165.

NOT!

They each sold for $35, costing me $10 each to sell them - not counting the shipping and listing costs. Bit it gets better!

After I sold the third set I got a letter in my mail box asking me if I had another set for sale for $35!  ARGH!!

Item 2: Washcloth woman

I had a 100 rating for quite a while and was willing to o anything to keep it - but washcloth lady wanted to see me go down!

You see, I listed 2 washcloths and received several bids - all was well. However, I discovered it wasn't 2 washcloths in the box - it was actually 4. And so, I let all the bidders know that they were actually bidding on 4 and that I intended to deliver all 4 (not just the 2 quoted) to whoever won the bid.

Well, this lady managed to win all four washcloths - for $2 - and once she win the bid she gave me a bad rating. Why? Because I told everyone about the two extra washcloths. Huh?

I apologized and offered to pay the shipping costs to offset any extra cost she might have incurred bidding on the washcloths because of my announcement (the bidding started at $1) but she wouldn't life her complaint. In fact, she called me an arse for trying to buy her off.

So, as I was already an arse I sent her the washcloths, refunded her payment, and asked her politely to never bid on my items again. She then thanked me ... but never removed her complaint, blemishing my perfect 100 seller record I had for nine months straight.

That was enough to get me out of Ebay, as I was already losing money on many transactions and I took that as my sign that things weren't going to get any better. smile

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a bit confused here... you're saying that the software you sent to this guy was the same as what you listed, only (due to circumstances beyond your control) it had a different packaging and name?  Surely any reasonable buyer would be happy if you offered it on a sale or return basis - i.e. if you gave him the option of sending it back and having a full refund if it turned out not to be what he wanted.  Of course then you'd have to sell it on at a reduced price because it had been opened.

I have to say, I would NEVER sell anything on eBay without getting my mitts on it first and checking it over. 

Sorry but sometimes when I read your posts I have real trouble working out what's going on - maybe due to my lack of reading comprehension skills LOL.

2. profile image0

I think this jerk has been sent to torment me..why BUY IT NOW...within minutes of it posting, then threaten me and my family..

paypal and ebay has new seller protection policies, lets hope they work..Im not gonna let a fool ruin everything for me

Geesh Yoshi, I fel bad for what happened to you, but supposedly it is all new protection policies, so lets see what happens..hopefully nothing..I really hope nothing because I have done nothing wrong..

This is what has me so darn flustered!

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

If you have sent the item and have proof of postage it is no longer your problem.  refer him to the tracking number and the postal service you used, if he continues to call you, confirm that there is nothing more you can do and threaten him with a restraining order, mentioning this may cost him thousands. 

If the postal service can confirm he received the package he is probably just some d*ck trying to get stuff for free.

1. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes..it has been tracked and I even sent them the email he sent me about how he already got his use out of it..

its an open and shut scam case..
      he wanted it, bought it, used it, and then just wants to pull another scam, it is my understanding this is not the first scam of this type this individual has pulled..

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

You are not alone, sounds like you are actually in very good company with this one :0. So many people out there trying to force a refund from sellers and what not. As a buyer there can be just as many problems. My husband does most of the buying online including ebay. He has had many problems with a seller for one reason or another. He has actually gotten ebay themselves to remove negative feedback and has even had to call trading standards for sales of goods that were not as described (a movie we bought was not the movie we received) and from the look of it it was a knockoff, pirated copy. Just recently we bought a climbing rope that was used, we figured it would not be good for climbing as its used but that with the seller saying its in good condition we could cut it in half and use it as a confidence rope when doing something like scrambling up a scree slope. When we got the rope we could tell that it had had a few falls and at least one major fall. With a climbing rope its your life that you will lose if it is not sturdy and this dangerous bit of equipment was sold as in good condition. We can't actually cut it in half at the worst point because that point is not in the middle roll and there are so many week points it would have to be cut into several much smaller ropes. If we wind up keeping it it will be used to tie up hammocks on camp sites instead but it was not worth what a used and in good condition climbing rope would be.

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I forgot to say that I will use this rope to make a video on spotting the week spots in a climbing rope and may even turn it into a hub! big_smile Gotta try n make some lemonade here smile

6. USAPoolToy profile image59
    USAPoolToyposted 14 years ago

Exactly why I haven't sold on Ebay in over 2 years.  Cost is more than margin.  Good luck to you.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.

Good luck sorting it out BC smile

And Happy New Year! smile

7. profile image63
    Jamesm1968posted 14 years ago

There are so many scammers on Ebay these days. To be honest, if I bought a piece of software and got sent a newer version in a slightly different box with a change of name, I would do a quick check to make sure I hadn't been sent the wrong item by mistake (errors do happen), and would then have been well-chuffed to have received something better than I was expecting.

I've tried selling on eBid, but with limited success (so far)

8. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I had a big ebay store years ago. I finally got tired of all the returns for no reason, all the fees ebay keeps hiking up and all the junk that you find in ebay.

However I did get my revenge on ebay, I just can't say how here! wink

9. profile image0

Nope it was the exact same software, just the 2009 version..only difference was what the package looked like..it was the ONL:Y change they made..and there are at least 100 more listings for the exact same thing..

It kills me what people try to pull off..untill it is solved and my life and family and good name stops getting threats, I have had to get the cops involved and can not even leave my doors unlocked or go anywhere alone due to this guys threats..

come on, he knew it was the same , he bought it, used it, then wanted his money back..

I belive it is a scammer, evbay said the guy has had multiple id's that have been banned and gave me all the ones he was using now..

why need more than one? unless you are up to something bad....

at least the company has my back on this and they can not tell me but I think they have banned all names from that address and phone number permanently, a representative kind of "hinted " it off to me without out right telling me...they did give me all the names and told me some things they really are not supposed to tell clients, but the circumstances surrounding the issue and the threats and such, the represtative must have understood how serious this is and let me in on a few things..I have the representatives name and such, but I will never tell how I found out..Im just glad they are protecting me and will eventually close it out in my favor ( wich I was already told it would be )

10. profile image0

Happy New Year to you too, my dear Misha smile

11. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

First off, sorry you're going through this...sad

Honestly, though, this guy's in California, and you're in Ohio...he isn't going to come knocking on your door--it was just a scare tactic that some people like to use.  I wouldn't worry about that at all, okay?

We've been selling on Ebay for six years or so, and have run across all kinds of weird buyers.  About five years ago, one got angry at us over something trivial--not selling two items together that he wanted--and sent us an email, saying people like us deserve to have their heads bashed in!  It shook me up, and we reported him to Ebay, but then we never heard another word from him, the jerk.

Recently we got our very first negative by someone with a 0 feedback score--obviously he didn't read our auction description before bidding.  We had a 100% score before this,  and almost 1700 positive feedback.  We just shrugged it off...there are idiots out there who aim for sellers with perfect feedback scores, just so they can mess them up--we've seen them admit it on the discussion boards there.

Anyway...you said Ebay is siding with you on this?  That's great, because they so seldom do for sellers anymore--it's definitely become obvious the Ebay is letting the buyers run the show for the most part now.

sad

12. profile image0

Im not too worried , but in the email  ( one of 107 now to my personal account, it states he "knows" people in ohio to do his work for him..

let him try,

I breed german Boxer dogs, very friendly, untill you try and hurt their family, they live in packs ( just as dogs do) and consider their "humans" as part of the pack...
    They also know their commands, have been trained well..so if they want to come here, I will glady let them meet the dogs smile

but thank you for understanding and caring, it has become a buyers ran site, sad to say, and too many buyers just want to scam all of the decent sellers, I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you and your family's rating, its a shame that a jerk had to ruin it for you..

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, BC...we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, but it still stung a little anyway, at first, lol...

Do you ever get on the boards on Ebay?  I have read many stories similar to yours, where the buyers go off the deep end, making nasty threats like your buyer did.  Never once have I read where one followed through, though--they just like to terrorize, and be in control(so they think!).

But, I'm glad you have your dogs--the best security system you can have! smile

13. profile image0

no ..I will have to check out the ebay boards..

ah, and yes, my dog pack..I am very , very close to one of my girls, she is actually a certified helper dog, so I dont think they would even get to meet the pack if she even saw someone threatening coming near me..we have a very special bond ( the bond just happens when a human relies on an animal that is trained to be their "partner" of sorts and be by their side at a moments notice..she is not the biggest or scaries looking of the pack, but she loves her momma )   smile

14. kellymar profile image60
    kellymarposted 14 years ago

Wow. The guy sounds like a total moron. More than likely, he's harmless. Still, to be on the safe side, if he has threatened you then print all of the emails and file a police report.

Good luck!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)