Another question. This time Facebook

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I Have read some comments saying that I ask a lot of questions. And it is only because I want to learn everything I can to drive traffic to my hubs. So my next question is about facebook.

I know that I have learned that I can link my hubs to my facebook page, so that my friends can see them. And, I have tried that with little success. I'm wondering if there is a way that I can link my hubs to Facebook so that all members of facebook might be able to find it?

I also tried linking from various groups at facebook. But, my post allways gets deleted. I am not trying to sell anything. So I don't understand what the big deal is.

2. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Set up an RSS feed from your profile to your notes in Facebook and your hubs will automatically be sent to your profile page.

There's no way for the entire facebook community to see your links as you have to be a friend first. 

Join the largest groups and build your friends to the limit of 5000 and every time you write a new hub the RSS feed will update and also notify your friends that your note has been updated.

Start your own Facebook groups and pages and grow them.  Create or purchase a Facebook application which has your links embedded get your Facebook friends to spread it around.

Facebook apps are the most viral and provide the most benefit.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

How many friends do you have?

How often are they online?

How likely is it that your link shows up in their feed, when they are online?

How relevant is your writing to their interests?

Usually, using your flesh and blood friends as a promotion stream is bad business...are they friends or customers?

Really, the anser to all your traffic questions at this point..is write a lot more hubs, at least 20 more, as soon as possible.

Generate backlinks, give it some time, check to see if google knows you exist

Write more..rinse and repeat

as I mentione din another thread, facebook, Su, digg etc..these are gimmicks with short lived returns..really, posting a link that 10% of your 200? friends see once, what type of return can you really expect?

You have to put that link up all day over and over again..but than who would want to be your friend?

Your approach on group pages is the best so far..links dont always stick, keep trying on other related groups.

4. brimancandy profile image77

Thanks for the information. I did the feed thing already. but, it seems to me that your friends have to be looking for it if they want to see what is in their notes.

I don't know about having 5000 friends. I currently have around 50, but some of them have thousands. One of them has his own fan club with over 9000 members.

So, I guess I could try that.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What Sunforged is saying is that you're aiming at the wrong targets altogether.  Stop thinking about friends, family and other Hubbers.  You earn money from people you've never met and never will meet, even online. 

The people who click on ads are people who come to your Hub looking for something.  They've found your Hub via a search engine. If you're here to make money, those are the only readers you really care about.

You get them by writing good Hubs, then getting backlinks on other relevant sites.  So for instance, if you're writing about music, you would join music forums where you're allowed to include a hyperlink to a Hub in your signature.  You would leave comments on music blogs where you can link your name. 

In any forum, it's vital to participate actively before you start actually posting links to your Hubs in your posts - but if you're an active member, you'll find you can get away with it every now and then.

5. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 14 years ago

128 posts in 5 weeks of being a member and they say you ask to many questions - how dare they.

I presume your question is based upon the premise of getting more traffic to your hubpages.

First off, Facebook is really not the forum for getting traffic. Ask anyone when the last time was that they bought something off Facebook!

I see your hubs mostly reference your name, brimancandy. The rest of the titles are high competition keywords following your name. So unless someone was searching specifically for brimancandy: the music reviews - then no one will find you.

May I suggest you target specific low hanging fruit keywords for your hub titles so you can get good search engine listings and gently build your traffic with a simple link building program.

You have 20 followers and each of them gets an email when you post a new hub. However, your brimancandy {title goes here} hubs will be search engine listed with no one searching for them by name.

As a guide, I have over 5k followers on twitter and really with one tweet I am lucky to get one visitor. May I further suggest alternative traffic methods such as bookmarking or targeted article marketing.

Hope this helps, and I hope I am somewhere within the ball park.

6. brimancandy profile image77

Keep the great answers coming! I appreciate them all. I have posted links to my hub profile at a few sites that I belong to that have several thousand members. So, I'm hoping that will change my traffic. Nothing so far.

I am also glad that my fan base is still growing. It's pretty cool. Thanks.

7. twuxedo profile image57
    twuxedoposted 14 years ago

I have the bad trouble @ facebook, i find that many fiends are not so.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)