Where have all the good men gone?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (64 posts)
  1. profile image0
    incomenewsposted 14 years ago

"where's the street wise Hercules to fight the greatest odds?"

" I need a hero... He's gotta be strong... gotta be larger than life"

LOL I'm listening to good old Bonnie Tyler, love her husky voice!

Got me thinking though...

where have all the good men gone indeed? Is there a man out there that doesn't stare in lust at women's cleavages or hasn't slept with more than one woman? Is there a faithful man whose only had his wife since he said I do? Is there somebody I can finally call a real man out there??

Show yourself please!!!

Will the real man please stand up!!!

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They were replaced by women...duh...geeezz where have you been...

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

wink

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't see how those values equate to being a real man, and I would be offended to be branded as not being one for breaking any of these rules smile

3. Mr Nice profile image78
      Mr Niceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have the same question. Where have all the good women gone too?
      Good men and good women are all taken. Good men are gone with good women and good women with good men. Therefore, you have to ask yourself why are you still waiting?? At the end of the day you have to choose from left over.....hahahaha. Good luck

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think a lot of bad guys are married as well as bad women. Some of the single ones are really cool. and I'm not waiting. I have what I need. and that's not a boring guy, for sure! lol

2. profile image0
        incomenewsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All the good men are either married gay or prefer bachelorhood

4. wsp2469 profile image61
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Define real man

5. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If this man is found he should made a saint lol because we know women arent all good either

6. Diskobolos profile image56
      Diskobolosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After the good women. Or more likely it's the other way around.smile

7. twuxedo profile image58
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have not but I am seventeen Nigerian boy.

8. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I have an amazing man. And he stares at women's cleavages, has slept with more than one woman, and isn't married yet. Who cares? I like that he stares at women's cleavages. And it doesn't bother me that I'm not the only one he has slept with. He is faithful and is definitely a real man.

They are out there. Women need to chill out.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Hey, love that song too lol mind if I take a seat n listen too? big_smile

1. profile image0

be my guest...

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

the man you're looking for sounds very boring.
    if that's a real man, I prefer the fake ones ! lol

1. profile image0

Agree!

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You two obviously have not ever known a "real" real man, no offense, lol...

My husband is all of those good things, and I've never had a boring moment with him!!!  He's funny, ornery, and a little naughty at times, and yes, he's also loyal, compassionate, and loving...smile

Believe me--I was married to the other kind before I met Tom...yuck! big_smile

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. Not that I'm into men, to be honest...

lol

2. profile image0

You know come to think of it u right.. bring back the pervs then!!

Not the pervs ! lol
        But the naughties, yes !! big_smile

Naughties get fired for sexual harrassment and then they starve to death, cause no one will hire them...

1. profile image0

well u look like a bloke who's a naughtie!!

Maybe he's starving to death ! lol

I Have been looking for work for 2 years now...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Seasoning-o … -G-Roberts

well, then I hope you find something soon.

I'm trying writing...

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

No I found out the hard way that saying NO to a woman means she lies and reports you for sexual harrassment, that you didn't do, and gets her revenge for your rejecting her, by getting you fired. Sexual Harrassment is the modern day witch hunt, a crime requiring only that you be accused, no proof, no reason, nothing just the word of the 'victim'...

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

It does get tiring, boring n disappointing get rated by TnA I know what you mean hmm

That has been the tool women have used for centuries to compete with each other. That women decided to use them as tools for competition and 'put them out there' for all to see is why men see them, and is why men have come to identify women as TnA.

Women sure don't use morality and ethics to compete for mates... they use sex and sexal attraction. Some are starting to use smarts... but it has been the other for hundeds of years, it will take hundreds of years to undo what has been done... Just my humble opinion...

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Mr. Naughtiness is here! hehe

nothing like a Real Man as you !!!! big_smile

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

What I always find amusing about the concept of men being worse than women in any way sexually is the logistics.
    Who do all the promiscuous men have sex with? lol

1. TamCor profile image80
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

Good one!!!!

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

Man, I have been saying this for *years*. Finally, someone else as intelligent as me wink

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to ask, are they horns growing out of your head in your avatar Adsense Strategies???

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

Horns, yes

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

You horny devil you !! wink

3. tantrum profile image60

and all men do, even the ones that look as Mr. Right. I think those are the worse! big_smile

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

LOL, the same 1000 or so women who never say no wink wink wink

7. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I am the Zombie wolf,
    I'm that creature all the lady's been talk-in about,
    they all run for cover when I come charg-in out.
    If I raid your dormatoriam don't try to remain aloof,
    I might snatch you up scream-in all nakid through the window and do it to you up on the roof.
    Tell-in you all the zombie troof,
    here I'm is the zombie wolf.
    (Frank Zappa)

8. profile image0
    Wag The Dogposted 14 years ago

Women do not see the "real men" out there, because that is not what they look for or chase after.  The funny thing is, should they get a real man, they will change him.

http://blogs.law.columbia.edu/genderandsexualitylawblog/files/2009/01/rosie1.jpg

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

A real man loves pretty toes.

1. Diskobolos profile image56

And how would you know that?smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because I am real. big_smile

10. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Humans males are biologically hard-wired to respond to "T n A."  The phenomemon is called "sensory modality" and it manifests in numerous ways in humans, and very obviously in other creatures as well - many of whom evolved elaborate sensory modal physiology to accomodate and promote the reproductive process.  Just because humans don't have peacock feathers or bright, swollen labia (female chimpanzees in estrous) to attract mates doesn't make us less a part of how creatures on this planet function.  In essence, you appear to be looking for a male who does not respond to female reproductive signaling as designed by God or evolution, whichever you prefer... aka, you appear to be seeking a gay man. 

Some religions try to create "good men" by completely covering women up so as to quell this response, but the biological urge for sex is pretty strong, so the visual aptitude for mate selection finds ways to seek visual recognition of sexual signaling, settling for a flash of ankle or wrist (as was so well documented during the sexually repressed Victorian period).

At best, unless you want a gay man - which would be frustrating I think for a heterosexual woman after a while - you'll have to settle for a man who can contain his response to the display behavior of women around him, one who can hide his notice from you so you won't be jealous.  Either that, or consider working on the jealousy thing and don't hold biology against him.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

Or, to condense this whole thing into one sentence, Why would you want a man who doesn't like women?

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Cudoos, Nicely Stated...

11. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

every [straight] man is trying to get some pussy.

the difference from one man to the next is all about how much they express it.

a real man is not afraid to say what he wants. it's the bitch-made men that try to pose as these self-righteous, self serving assholes who try to provide women with this sense of being 'above it all' on the one hand. and then turn around and sleep with multitudes of women, or simply go home and dream about sleeping with multitudes of women.

the point is, every [straight] man is the same when it comes to desires.

women want dick too, just the same. Some women try to sit on this high horse like they don't, trying to pretend there are all these morals, but that all comes down when the right man comes around - or the wrong man with the right words. And some women just want as many as they can get. To most women, an orgasm is a rare and extremely powerful thing. A real man learns how to give them one. A bitch made man doesn't give them, and tells his friends he does.

Real men also take care of their business and stick to their word. So if you're dealing with a man who is constantly late, flaky and doesn't deliver on what he says, he's bitch made.

If you don't want a man to constantly be thinking about having sex with you, hang out at the gay bar. Otherwise, don't hate him for looking at someone else, talk to him about it. You should check out other men too, it's limiting to be thinking about only one person all the time. This helps the feelings at least get out, and a real man will respond appropriately and be even more attracted to you. Don't hate him for looking at your tits, simply entice him. A real man will respond appropriately.

As adsense said, it's biology. Trying to hold it back is futile and turns human beings into robots. And not the efficient kind.

1. profile image0

This is the truth, plain and simple.

2. Diskobolos profile image56

I agree, any healthy man will have desire to fuck a lot of women. I would say it is the self-discipline and respect and love that he feels for a woman that will stop him from fucking other women. However, saying that he is not sexually attracted to other women is an utter lie.

1. Diskobolos profile image56

Of course, one more reasons why, both men and women, sometimes don't do it is fear of consequences.

12. RecoverToday profile image82
    RecoverTodayposted 14 years ago

Heed the warnings of internet predators....don't always believe everything you hear.

13. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

let me know when you find out

14. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

right here lol

15. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

My wife got the last one! lol

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

16. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Well, by that definition of a real man, that was my ex...he was my first sexual partner, and according to him I was his first as well, and for all five years we were married he never stepped out of line until the end, at which point I don't know if he acted on his flirtations before I left or directly after. That said, there are plenty of other facets of his character and conduct that disqualified him from what I would consider a real man.

My current SO, soon to be husband, has been married twice before and has had several girlfriends in his life. I'm far from the first woman in his life, but what's important to me is he's always only had one at a time. In pretty much all other facets of his life he has also behaved in a way I consider consistent with a real man, and he does me the honor of looking my way whenever he needs a dose of TnA wink.

Women aren't so different, we all have our triggers, they just seem to be a little more varied on average than the male triggers. Personally, I love to see a man with big hands...you know, it's true what they say about them...

...they really DO wear big gloves!

17. Manly Man profile image61
    Manly Manposted 14 years ago

How to spot a rich, manly man.
    http://kd4dcy.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/richguy1.jpg

...or a prostitute... wink

18. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

lol

19. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Baaaaaa!

20. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

There here in HubPages big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)