Can anyone tell me how to write ads for adsense revenue?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. lboogy7 profile image60
    lboogy7posted 15 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to write ads for adsense revenue. How do I entice them to click on the ads? Are there any tutrials or ebooks on the subject?

2. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

You don't write ads for Adsense revenue.

You write ads if you want to advertise using Adwords.

Here on HubPages, you write articles. The software does all the work of choosing and placing the ads.

You just focus on writing good quality articles.

Jenny

3. profile image0
    dabblingmumposted 15 years ago

You never want to say to someone "click here" or "click on this ad" because that is a sure-fire way to get banned from Google Adsense. But if you are asking how do you write articles that bring the right type of ads, via the script, so that people will actually be interested in what's being offered, that's a different story.

Let's say that you've determined car ads via Adsense was high paying. You'd want to concentrate on writing informatative, entertaining, and educational hubs about cars. You could tell people how to check for an oil leak, how to change the oil themselves, which oil is best for a specific car and why, how to recyle used oil, and what can happen if the oil doesn't get changed in a timely fashion. That's 4, maybe 5 articles right there. That will attract specific ads based on the content.

Your next set of articles could be about purchasing tires, getting tune-ups, buying specific car parts, etc.

Now, if you want to actually buy ad space through Google to appear on other websites, that's called Adwords. Basically you need to write something really tight. You want it to be catchy and specific. If, for instance, you have a product that you sell for 50% cheaper than all your competition, you'll want to list that price in your ad. If you offer a lifetime warranty and others don't you'd list that. The key is to think about your target audience. What are they looking for? What will entice them to buy? And you have to do it all in short phrases, usually 2-3 words.

4. patnamohan profile image59
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Yes hub page takes all responsibility!!! you just focus on quality article..rest hubpage takes responsibility!!!!!! enjoy writing!!!

5. agrovertic profile image40
    agroverticposted 15 years ago

Sorry for interrupt,guys really need your help regarding google adwords,how am i going to register with google adwords? and do you guys know what is the link due i have try so many times but i failed to do so,pls help me tq

6. Inspirepub profile image73

Do you actually want to advertise with Google Adwords?

Or are you asking how to register with Adsense as a publisher and paste your ID in here at HubPages?

If you are going to the Adwords site when you really want Adsense, that's probably your problem.

Jenny

1. agrovertic profile image40
      agroverticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No no actually i just want to register with google adwords,anyway what is the different between Adsense and Adwords? if i already have the adsense account is it possible for me to register Adwords? geeeezzz really confused with this adwords

7. Inspirepub profile image73

AdWORDS is what you use to place ads beside search results and on the content network of sites like HubPages. When someone clicks on your ad, you pay Google.

AdSENSE is what you use to ask Google to place ads on your website. When visitors click on those ads, Google pays YOU.

Basically, Google organises to match up advertisers with websites, and takes a big fat cut of the proceeds for doing so.

The question is, which end of the deal are you talking about?

If you are just writing Hubs, and you already have an Adsense ID, then paste it into your Affiliate panel (on your My Account page), and forget about it.

If you actually want to place ads for something and pay when people click on them, you need to go to http://google.com/adwords and open an account.

Jenny

OMG meaning if i create google adwords i need to pay google if anyone click to my website?? wowowo actually i just bought a new website and after go through all the procedure the hosting asking me to register the google adwords for getting the traffic,so if i need to pay google for using adwords means what do i get??...im going to far already it make me more confused now...sorry inspirepub for make you puzzle

1. darkside profile image64
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you go to the link that Jenny has provided you there's a bit called "Learn about AdWords".

2. Inspirepub profile image73
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

It's advertising. You pay for it.

Just like advertising in the newspaper, only cheaper because with Adwords you only pay for actual visitors instead of paying to show the ad and maybe nobody even reads it.

To get traffic to a website always costs - either money, or time.

Jenny

8. Ann Smith profile image60
    Ann Smithposted 15 years ago

Are you perhaps confusing Google AdWords with creating key words to drive people to your site?  Here is a link to a helpful tool for creating key words and getting suggestions for those.

https://adwords.google.com/select/Keywo … aultView=3

Thanks for the guide anyway im not looking for keyword,what make me confused is that why do i need to have the google adwords for my new domain? referring to the web hosting they said if i want to get the huge traffic i have to get the Google adwords and by doing this i'll getting more viewers to my domain and not just a viewers but the webmaster as well....if i do a business for my domain it ok to have the Google adwords but my domain is just a services with a title of how to safeguards your dollars and it nor selling product or whatsoever so i wont get any profit from there, it just if viewers do like my advise  they will bookmark my domain for reference so nothing i'll get and yet if viewers click my domain once i have to pay to Google adwords. so in this scenarios i don't see where can i earn from the internet marketing perhaps you guys have some advise or ideas on how to get revenue from my services?? will much appreciated...anyway sorry guys for trouble you all with my "sigh" question (still learning to improve my English and grammar)

9. funnebone profile image71
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

Inspirepub   If I wanted to advertise my adsense through adwords would I first have to use adwords to bring people to my adsense in order for them to refer to my adwords about adsense?

1. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, funnebone, I missed this question when you posted it.

If you pay Google via Adwords to bring people to your site, it will cost you, let's say for example, 40c per visitor, or $400.00 per 1000 visitors.

When they arrive at your site, a few percent will click an ad, and you will make a few dollars. eCPM is the figure to look at to see how much you would make from those 1000 visitors.

But if it's $20, you're doing well with Adsense.

Paying $400 to earn $20 is a good way to go out backwards!

So, while in theory you COULD use Adwords to bring people in to an Adsense site, in practice you wouldn't make a profit.

Jenny

10. privateye2500 profile image40
    privateye2500posted 15 years ago

Hay listen up! FYI! BUYER BEWARE!

Not only that but read my hub on this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Ad-Words … unt-BEWARE

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)