How to Escape from Cycle of Rebirth and be closer to God.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (47 posts)
  1. gokulg4 profile image58
    gokulg4posted 14 years ago

According to Hinduism and Buddhism, It all depends on our own Karma(Actions). We are born as a Humans based on our Previous life's Karma. The same way the other beings are born based on their previous life's Karma. When we die, according to our Karma we are Reborn in one of the six life's that exists in this universe. Thus according to our actions we are subject to the Cycle of Rebirth. The Six possible life's we could be Reborn are,

1. Deva/Angels (Heavenly Beings)-Immaterial World.
    2. Human       -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    3. Asura/Demon -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    4. Animal      -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    5. Preta/Ghost -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    6. Naraka/Hell -Fine Material and Sensuous World.

These worlds are listed in hierarchy, Hell is the lowest and painful world and Heaven is the top and peaceful world.
    So according to Hinduism and Buddhism none of these worlds are 100 Percent permanent. Which means to be reborn in the top worlds (heaven world and Human world) our actions should be of "top quality", and to stay there permanent(to ensure to be reborn there)  our actions should be "top quality" Period. "Top Quality" actions = Love and Compassion, Truth full  to all beings of all the worlds. Now we understand what low quality actions are. I am not a believer of one religion, i accept the good stuff from all the religions. According to me this concept can be applied in Christianity. Let me explain, we all know that according to Christianity God created the world. He also created Eden or the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve. Now Eden = Heaven but life there is not permanent Why, Read the story of Adam and Eve and you'll come to know that why they were banished from Eden because of their action. God told Adam and Eve you can enjoy everything in Eden. Everything except the Tree of Knowledge. Adam and Eve disobeyed the advise of god and thus they are born in human world. So according to my view Eden is the heaven, but god is not there so it is not the permanent heaven. When you are in Eden you are close to god but not Close enough. God lives in this Permanent heaven which has no name, but you can call it the permanent heaven. So to get closer to god you should escape from the cycle of rebirth and attain  Enlightenment/Nirvana. How to attain Enlightenment is what all religions are preaching. It is the ultimate goal of every Soul. To find more about Buddhist Views to attain Enlightenment check out in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

1. SandyMcCollum profile image65
      SandyMcCollumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

gokulg4 welcome to hubpages! This sounds like a great hub, lots of discussion and interest. Go for it!

gokulg4posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

2. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like 2. I don't want to go higher, sounds almost as bad as going lower. smile

Yes it is bad, As long as you are subject to the Cycle of Rebirth.
        As long as you are trapped in this cycle, nothing is permanent. So to end this cycle and to be with god for eternity you should attain enlightenment.

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather be in the dark !

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
            IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum, with all do respect why do you bother answering questions like these?  We all know you are not a Christian.  We all know you dislike religion........  So why even bother?  I mean, seriously why?  What it boils down too is, are you trying to gain more fans or something?  Because everyone knows your position.  You comment against anything that has to do with Christianity.  Not even Mark gets this petty....  So, I was wondering why do feel the urge to be so... well petty about it?  I don't mean this to mean.  I just see you time and time again- typing the same ole' crap,  all the time.  Okay, we get it!  You hate Christianity and anything that has to do with believing in a higherpower.

With due respect ?
              Really?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
                IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really.  Is not the same respect you've shown us?  Is it not the same level of respect that you yourself have given to people here on hubpages that believe in Christ?  Are you wanting more than you give?  Now that would typical wouldn't it.

2. DogSiDaed profile image61

Intimat with all due respect can you leave tantrum alone please? She isn't trying to gain more fans. Usually she's putting in an answer with common sense. Her comment was not hateful and not petty. She often lightens up situations that are dour and rubbish. Let her say what she wants to say. It's free choice after all smile

Well thank you Dog !! . You got a fan! lol
                i just realise I'm not following you ! big_smile

1. DogSiDaed profile image61

I wasn't following you either! Could have sworn I was :S
                  What are we like eh? Forget our own heads... tongue

2. gokulg4 profile image58

Good. I think it is a great idea. I think by this way you are not causing any harm to any living being. Many Messengers/Prophets have actually done that, like Jesus, Buddha, Moses. They went in the dark to fast and meditate and to keep their mind on God.

cool

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice yes the idea is to break the cycle for birth and death, we are in a painful dimension and enlightenment gets one a glimpse of his true self his home, the light, god, paradise.Then when one dies he doesn't come back here unless is is for a divine purpose.smile
      Christianity has the indentical philosophy, one cam merge with god on death ,sit next to Jesus in the kingdom of heaven.
      "I am thy shield and thy exceedingly great Reward" Holy Bible

4. theman6007 profile image60
      theman6007posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every religion from Zoroastrianism to Christianity,always contained two tiers of teachings,one level was taught to the ignorant and the vulger.Another level is taught to the initiates.The vulger and the ignorant accept everything literally,While the initiates understand that the symbolic language is refering to the different levels of consciousness.Initiates such as St.Paul spoke of going from glory to glory,meaning that their is no end to the cycle of rebirth,once the soul has been purified afterwards there is no death,only a passage from glory to glory.Absolute LOVE is the only way a person can be forgiven of his karmic debt,and that is self forgiveness.Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within man.We humans have all of the GOD we need with in our own souls.However the powers are concealed behind a viel of ignorance and fear,again absolute love is the key that unlocks the mysteries in all spiritual teachings.

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Religions do not teach men to know God through personal revelation. They instead teach men to know God through themselves.

If it was not so, then the budhist will not say I am a buddhist, nor will the Christian say I am a christian etc. etc.

For each man is building the kingdoms of religion of men instead of the kingdom of God.

Instead each man will teach the other to say "I am a son of the living God".
    Or simply I am.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really liked that post.... I am
      Love it actually smile

In reference to the OP, I heard somewhere that in early days of christianity they too believed in re-incarnation but changed that belief when the church was being solidified more. I don't know if my source was credible or accurate as I don't remember the source anymore, the idea stuck tho.

Most of the religions teach the same thing. The Most common things are,

1. Love all
      2. Do not lie.
      3. Do not Steal.
      4. Help the poor and needy.

From Abraham to Moses to Christ to Mohammad, the message is the same but the messengers are different. All the above messengers created their own religion.

The same thing applies in Hinduism, but the only difference is the religion was the same. In Hinduism the messengers were Rama, Krishna etc. In this case people didn't see them as messengers, instead they saw them as gods.

Now i am not here to argue whether all these messengers/gods really existed. But their message did exist. And the message is applicable in our day today life. So instead of searching for the real messenger we can search for the real message. We can check all the religions and there are so many good points we can take note of, so search for the message.

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. Daniel Carter profile image61
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By doctrine and dogma they differ. But the oldest religions listed in this thread (not necessarily listed in your hub) do advocate the four items listed. They all do teach these things, in one form or another, although, only Christianity teaches the divinity of Christ, which doesn't appear to be the principle issue of this thread.

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same thing Kess personal revalation  is knowing who or what one really is, the Light. smile

3. The Truth Teller profile image60
    The Truth Tellerposted 14 years ago

it would be a greatest thing to achieve , it some body knows the pattern of character and situation .

well, we should believe if question is with us, most probably answer is with us only. i will quote:
    "what we receive in return of our services is fate
                                                       - me "
    did we (humans) ever tried to know how should we live our life,
    we only practiced to live our life in isolation . no one ever thought about the pattern that god has made to live .

Dears it would be a great thing and a thanks from humans to god if we find out what is the pattern created by god for us , still god is god and i believe parents are always parents. we cannot deny the truth.

I am still doing home works to find the pattern
    of CHARACTER building and SITUATIONS to go through the REAL PATTERN

CHEERS

THE TRUTH TELLER

4. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

1.  Love all 
    2.  Do not lie. 
    3.  Do not Steal. 
    4.  Help the poor and needy.

While these commandments are good, we must understand that the one true God never gave such, or at least three of the four commandments.

Why?
    Because it is blasphemy to even imply that God is the minister of sin which these commands suggest.

God never will once ever remind us of evil.
    If we by ourselves do not know to abstain from such, then we are not the Sons of God.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are kidding, right?

Barring that......where did you ever get the idea that the One True God didn't give us the Ten Commandments?

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I'm sure he's been here for more than 15 hours! Maybe 15 months !  big_smile

Thank you.

May be i'm in the topic for more than 15 months. But in Hub Pages its just 15 hours.

Welcome then ! big_smile

6. David2423 profile image60
    David2423posted 14 years ago

I believe there is only one God and one Savior that was sent to save all.In all do respect I believe alot of the relgions where set off track by paganism.God Knowing this he sent his one and only son Jesus to save them, It is diffcult for others in their relgions to believe this, but there has been an increase of others practicing other faiths only to convert to the Christian Faith.Those converting now the numbers are still on the rise.We were all created from one God.In the end times those who have never been shown the way to Christ will have have their chance to believe and accept.Those who do know and refused to believe will have their chance also but it will be harder for them.Like the ole  words that where said the "proof is in the pudding"

I can accept that. But if god sent the one and only savior to save all then who sent Abraham, Moses, and all the other Prophets/Messengers. These Messengers are the same one's mentioned in the Bible and Jesus himself says that these messengers existed.

1. David2423 profile image60
        David2423posted 14 years agoin reply to this
  7. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Any successful experiment for rebirth so far ?

Rebirth/Reincarnation may be hard to accept. But as a Fact it can be analysed and we can check what if it does happen. The only way to experiment rebirth would be to die. It's the simplest way. But if you are really dedicated then you can find the answers through Meditation.

1. Allan Bogle profile image69
        Allan Bogleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reincarnation is a self-defeating concept. It does not and cannot exist.

2. quicksand profile image80
        quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think so too. But the word "mediation" is often, or probably always misconstrued. It is much more than sitting in a quiet spot and focusing, it is much more than conditioning your breathing ... in fact there are many pre-requisites for achieving the goal which meditation is likely to lead you to.

The phrase well known in these circles "when the student is ready the teacher will appear" is an example.

On the other hand, he/she who has found the answers may not bother to "pass it on" as "he/she" would think it fit that every being should go through the course of events designed for him/her which probably is the best way to destroy bad karma ...

That is my opinion. What do you think? smile

There are many views on meditation. Zen is one type where you have to sit in silence and meditate. Some techniques/views needs to be taught. But there are also meditation techniques/views where you don't need a teacher.

"when the student is ready the teacher will appear"

If you really need a teacher you will get one.

If someone really have found the answers then they will surely pass it on to remove the ignorance of truth.

Karma is not fate, but simple action and reaction, cause and effect. Any thought, word or deed conditioned by desire, hate, passion and illusion create karma. This is why those who have found the truth will pass the message so that we could change our actions for good.

8. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

seeeeeLAP. I saw an intelectual slap here.

9. tantrum profile image61

lol

10. tantrum profile image61

I wasn't even talking to you !
    I won't even bother to reply.
    You call me petty. I take offense.

11. tantrum profile image61

tongue

1. DogSiDaed profile image61

Something else I forgot to do was check the time. It's nearly 4am! yikes I'd best be off xD G'night! smile

nite !!! lol

12. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

OMG!  Are you kidding me.   I'm really good friends with Mark.  I cannot wait till I show him how petty his side can be.  I asked a simple question?  I'm entitle to ask such a question, am I not?  It's not like it was an unreasonable or rude question.  <snipped - no personal attacks>

13. double_frick profile image61
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

just to jump in here and bounce my ideas around a bit:
    i believe that escaping from this reality can be as simple as realizing it isn't really reality.
    of course, what is real. reality is subjective; and illusion.
    the key is enLIGHTENment.
    i've heard that the western religions, or maybe dogmatic religion altogether, seeks to build the most true, perfect belief system. they believe that by finding the "truth" they will be set free, but the only truth is there is no truth.
    there is no right way, no perfect path.

in fact, i'm not sure there is a path, just a destination.
    organized religion is one of the snags on the way to that destination in which some people spend lifetimes and some people part of a lifetime entangled in before breaking free from the rules and laws and becoming a self-responsible, sovereign individual.

will i ascend after this lifetime? geez, i really hope so sometimes.
    but i do know that at least 90% of the current population is still wandering aimlessly, yet to find the light. actually not even seeing the source of the light, only seeing the effect...i've had glimpses of this light.
    though i do admit i've still got some pretty stubborn (heavy) belief systems to break down before i'm light enough to ascend completely.

thanks.

1. quicksand profile image80
      quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The way your five senses respond and perceive what is put before them is all governed by the conditioning received either in this existence or the default programming in our systems, or a combination of both. This again brings the mind to mind! And that ... is ... the truth! smile

14. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

For me, reincarnation is a concept that holds great hope. Each life cycle gives us the possibility to learn the lessons we refused to learn in previous existences. In this way, we can finally free the divine spark that is present in every being. On our journey in doing this, everything and everyone we touch is also brought closer to the Source.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)