Who do you think is the next Michael Jordan?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

I get so tired of people comparing mj to Kobe and LeBron, that it sickens me.  Don't get me wrong, they're both great players in their own right.  however, they're not as dominate as michael jordan.  when michael took the court against the likes of reggie miller, larry bird, magic johnson, patrick ewing, and many other legends, there was no debate on who the best player was during his career.  where as kobe, there's always a debate.  some folks feel tim duncan is better while others debated earlier in kobe's career that Shaq was better, back when they were team mates.  plus, everyone never brings up jordan's defensive stats like being the second all time steals leader behind only john stockton, and michael managed to get into the top five of that list when he was around kobe's age.  which by the way, how many career steals does kobe have? 

sure you can point out kobe bryant scored 81 points against a mediocre raptors team a while back.  however, that's just stupid.  the raptors always stink, in recent years.  some even dared to say it was on par with jordan's performance when he scored 65 points against the celtics in a playoff loss.  to me, i think michael's is much more impressive as he was playing a team that had 4 hall of famers, larry bird, bill walton, kevin mchale, and robert parish.  plus it was a playoff game no less.  where as kobe did it during a regular season game against a team that sucks. 

thats what gets me.  what do you guys think?

1. profile image48
      whooza3posted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image48
      whooza3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you...comparing these two sickens me too. readers please visit skiing : www skiresorts com

3. pkolodzi profile image59
      pkolodziposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. There is no player like Jordan in the leauge now. There are similars and wannabees but Jordan is only one. I think if he wanted to play still right now he would dominate and score 40 and 50 on people.
      To see why Jordan was so great visit http://www.PlayTheMJWay.com

2. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Kanye West

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

dude, michael jordan was a basketball player.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats whats known as sarcasm.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOOLOL

and good sarcasm at that! I guess you just intiated Stevenixx to the boards.

2. Pr0metheus profile image57
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!

Awesome!

3. drej2522 profile image67
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

meeeeeeeee!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

BILL CLINTON<jk... no we never know, nobody comes close, maybe LBJ or KOBE

or maybe it will be me or you Pretty. . I think we can take them all on .. what do you think?? hehehe

5. jobister profile image59
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

If Kobe gets 2 more rings would that make him equal to Jordan?

1. profile image0

no, i don't think so because during those first 3 titles he won, he had shaq, who was the most dominate center at the time when the lakers 3peated.  where as jordan never had a dominant center.  the closest was bill cartwright, but he was old as sin though.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Conan.

1. Mike Lickteig profile image77
      Mike Lickteigposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good answer.

7. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

Jordan joins Larry Bird and Wilt Chamberlain in the category of making their mark in a way that no one compares to them.  There is no next Michael Jordan, just like there was no next Bird or Chamberlain.  No one will ever beas complete a player as these folks were.  Kobe Bryant might come close to Jordan in the way Kareem Abdul-Jabbar came close to Wilt, but you still can't compare them.  Jordan, Chamberlain and Bird were all one-of-a-kind.

8. iwestfall profile image60
    iwestfallposted 14 years ago

I think labron would be the next jordan.   His highlights are great when He goes to the hole know can stop him. His shooting was like jordans good but will get better.  How long did the pistons and celtics beat up on Jordan before he broke through? 
    I say Jordan brought the best out of his teammates and Labron does to.  Labron needs the role players like jordan had.  Horace Grant, Pippen top 50 ever player  paxson and kerr.  Well jordan 6 rings still my favorite.  Labron I love to watch we will see many years to be able to make this predition.

9. R.Edwards profile image62
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

No one in today's game obviously.

Kobe and LeBron are on the same level despite what people think, skill wise. Kobe has the advantage slightly because of a developed outside jumper, but LeBron is always a constant threat to score.

Jordan was a man amongst boys, that elusive style only comes once in a blue moon, and with today's athletes, everyone is good.

Someone really has to seperate themselves from the pack in order to push that ticket to be comparable to Jordan.

10. Oldskool903 profile image60
    Oldskool903posted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Kobe-Bryant-vs-Lebron-James
    That is who is the next Jordan is ahaha

11. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Get 'em! big_smile

12. pay2cEM profile image81
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

There will never be another MJ.  I mean, the guy invented the freakin' MOONWALK!!!  Sure, he might've gone a little overboard with all the plastic surgery and the wierdness, but Kobe and LeBron aren't even in the same rink!

1. jobister profile image59
      jobisterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are talking about OJ, he was a great football player who is missing a few bolts for his screws.

13. Himitsu Shugisha profile image73
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

There will never be another Michael Jordan...period.

truer words have never been said. ..

2. Stimp profile image61
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not with the same SSN>.>you are probably right there.

14. Coach Raidbard profile image60
    Coach Raidbardposted 14 years ago

I actually coach basketball for a living at a Division I college, and in my opinion Kobe Bryant is the closest comparison that can made for any current player to Michael Jordan. However, the fact that Jordan is perhaps the greatest winner in all of sports pushes him into a class of his own, even though Kobe might be an overall better offensive player if you compare the two of them in their primes.

15. susansisk profile image80
    susansiskposted 14 years ago

I think you can't help but compare today's players to Michael.  I really think that LeBron is today's Michael Jordan.  He has done so much for his team, and also seems like a player with heart.

16. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

It's hard to imagine another MJ.  He was just so dominate on both ends of the court.  Lebron and Kobe are great players, but so were Bird and Magic.  MJ remains in a class all his own.

17. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

Zinadine Zidane

18. ShyneIV profile image59
    ShyneIVposted 14 years ago

There will never be another Michael Jordan. At a time where it was legal to put your hands on players, and before flagrant fouls were what they are today, Michael not only scored at will but shut down whoever got in his way. People like to say that Shaq is the most dominant player ever, but I think that such a statement is inaccurate. Michael was so good for so long. At a time when players bodies start breaking down and their minutes are more and more monitored, Michael was still leading the league in scoring, winning titles and also leading the league in swagger and trash talk. Players were afraid to talk to Michael for fear of awakening the sleeping giant. If you left Michael alone to himself, he would get 30 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals and be bored all night. But if you started talking to him? Pencil Mike for 40 to 50 points, a win and a boat load of trash talk. Until I see someone do this routinely again, I don't want to hear about the next Michael....

1. profile image0

well said.

2. drej2522 profile image67
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like what you said here...Jordan defined a new era in basketball. There wouldn't be a Kobe, James, McGrady, Iverson, Carmello without the influence of Michael...his playing style defined this new age of talent in the NBA.

In fact, in many ways, I would dare say that Jordan ruined the NBA for about a decade (it has only recently turned around). For about a decade after Jordan’s reign, 98-07, the NBA was a very selfish league. Players like Iverson, Vince Carter, and T-Mac ruled the courts. These characters were flash in the pants, so-called "next Jordans", trying to emulate Jordan's amazing OFFENSIVE play. I emphasize offense because Jordan was a great defender, but rarely imitated. To go along with my theory, only the fundamentally sound teams won during this time frame such as Detroit and San Antonio (LA was the exception to the rule because it was a team of superstars).

So, this is what I’m ultimately saying…there cannot be a ‘next’ Jordan because they would be cheap imitations. The next ‘great’ player will have to come up with something else in order to take the NBA to the next level...It’s all in good time.

19. profile image49
    iiopposted 14 years ago

even if kobe wins 2 more rings, score 81 again... he'll never be close to michael...

michael put the nba in another level.
    when he left... nba ratings went down...

there will never be another michael...

20. Truth From Truth profile image60
    Truth From Truthposted 14 years ago

There are players that changed the game, that can not be compared to. There will be other great players that come along. but no, there will never be a next one as far as Jordan goes. That is one of the problems with the media today(ESPN). Every time a new star player arrives he is the greatest to ever play.
    I could argue that Jordan was no Magic Johnson or Larry Bird, He was no Oscar Robinson or Jerry West. And the fact is he was not. Looking at all the players I mentioned, there were some things in there game that Jordan could not do as well as they did. However there was obviously some things in Jordan's game they they could not do also. But you could just listen to ESPN
    and they will tell you that Lebron is god.

21. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Michael Jordan Junior? smile

22. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

i don't want another michael jordan.

someone else will do.

23. videosgoneviral profile image60
    videosgoneviralposted 14 years ago

Its probably Lil Wayne. no wait... he's gay.

24. Diskobolos profile image57
    Diskobolosposted 14 years ago

Chuck Norris.

25. Rob Davis profile image60
    Rob Davisposted 14 years ago

Kobe Bryant is very close to being like Jordon. Jordon has done things Kobe may never do but nevertheless, he runs pretty close to accomplishing alot of goals that Jordan did

26. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Carrie UnderWood.....really who gives a rats ass...seriouslY?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)