Hi Everyone...... wow it is Freezing In Greater Manchester,

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

So much colder here than in Ireland, wow the snow is so thick, what is the weather like where you are,

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Warm and Sunny on the West Coast in the U.S. smile

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wish it was sunny here too

2. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey girl, did you see we are moving out west! smile  Can't wait for warm!!!!

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sunny but cool in south east Georgia US, not bad really for January

3. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Raining , typical Oregon winter here

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

about 10F and snowing for the third day. windy, cold snow,......  sad

5. Green Lotus profile image61
      Green Lotusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look at this from the BBC! Frozen England.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8447023.stm

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

It hit -32 this morning, not sure bout the windchill, but brrrrrr yikes lol tis curl up by the fireplace weather . big_smile US/Canada border here.

1. profile image0

that is for sure,,,,,,,

3. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Weather's not bad. We never tend to get much snow in London.smile

4. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

could not go to the shops to enjoy the sales, but the lads made it to watch Everton, not snowing iN Liverpool apparantly, just down the motorway....

5. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

We had a cold spell a week or two back with snow and everything, then we hit the high 70s again with really nice weather. Now its back to being cold but not freezing. This is the CostaBlanca btw. It is winter; at least I can breathe comfortably at this time of year.

1. profile image0

wow CostaBlanca, what time of day

6. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I was supposed to meet my friend in Manchester today but he couldnt get into town because of the ice and i wouldn't have been able to get out the station without falling over. Was a massive disappointment, and I had to pay £35 to get my train ticket changed so I could get home earlier. On the plus side I did get a chance to go shopping in London instead! It was sunny there!

7. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

It's 27 °F and snowing.

8. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Freezing here too!

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Unless you've been out shoveling snow - I don't want to hear about cold. This is the second time in 10 days I've had to get the shovel out. The wind is supposed to gust to 50 or 60 mph tonight. Then tomorrow we get an astromical high tide - which means the high tide comes to within 50 feet of the house. But it's been here for over 200 years, so I don't worry that much. I just hate to shovel snow in the wind.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear ya' but it's 27 in Florida - it's wet and bone chilling.  Unfortunately older houses weren't built withstand extended cold and even the walls are cold to the touch.  Geeezzz I'm moving south... big_smile:

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

brrrr..... I'm in Tampa Bay and right now the temp is 44, and it feels cold, but not that bone chilling cold, but cold. at least the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow even though cold.

10. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

It's cold here in Hull and it has been snowing slightly...time for a hot chocolate!!

11. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Very cold and very windy here in New hampshire!

12. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

It's only 6°F here in Chicago before the windchill and might get up to 14 tomorrow cool

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

-20* this morning, warmed up to ZERO!

14. dyesebel10 profile image64
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

It's now 22°F here in Maryland, US.

15. Harlan Lewin profile image70
    Harlan Lewinposted 14 years ago

I just heard on our public radio a story about travelers who were snow bound for 2 days at England's highest pub--until the BBC carried a story about it and the next morning the plows arrived. I don't know if it's a true story or not.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort … 438314.stm

'Guests celebrating new year at the highest pub in England had a longer than expected stay, after heavy snow left them stranded for three days.

About 30 people arrived at the Tan Hill Inn in North Yorkshire on New Year's Eve to welcome in 2010.

But the wintry weather conditions meant the residents were snowed in for a further two nights.

Resident DJ Peter Richardson said: "We've kept our spirits up. It's actually been quite heart-warming."'

lol lol It's not hard to "keep your spirits" up when you're in a place where there are umpteen optics full of whisky, gin, Southern Comfort, vodka...

16. Ben Zoltak profile image81
    Ben Zoltakposted 14 years ago

Cold in Madison, Wisconsin here in the states, around 12F-0 degress farenheit.

Still hasn't stopped me from barbecuing ribs in my boxer shorts in the back yard, just have to make sure I wear a coat and boots. And a hat.

17. Hmrjmr1 profile image68
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Colder this morning in Savannah Ga than Kabul Afghanistan 20F vs 35 F. WTF?

18. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

It's pretty chilly here too, but no snow. Sussex seems to have escaped the worst of it.

19. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Cold in the Rhondda, South Wales, with snow forecast later this week. We were away until last night, so the house got very cold. The heating has been on several hours now, but it's still only 17 deg C indoors, brrrr!

20. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 14 years ago

There's no snow here in Wirral but we had another hard frost overnight.  The neighbouring Welsh hills seem to protect us from the worst of the winter weather.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)