What does a "Terroist" look like?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Is he/she black/white/middle eastern/asian/romulan/american?

Is a terrorist educated or stupid?

Is a terrorist short or tall?

Is a terrorist?

Where do they live?  Asia?  Somalia? Yemen? Afghanistan? Pakistan?

And why are they so unhappy with the United States?

The point being... The World is a dangerous place and identifying a "Terrorist" based on location, race, or other easily identifiable marker is an impossible task.

Time to bring America back in focus, protect American Borders and let those who do not live within our Borders Govern their own lives as they see fit.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good take I agree, and leave all the rest of the world alone, concentrate here first and unless the world will all act upon terrorism, it can never be solved, (this is almost impossible task), UN is not as legit anymore

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Well spoken and honestly I have to say I somewhat agree but  many terrorists already live in the U.S. they could be your neighbor, co-worker, or the person standing next to you in a grocery store. So how would closing the borders keep them out? smile

3. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

A borderline does not stop a terrorist...

Now, one has to look at the motives for terrorism and go from there...

Motive...purpose...intention....what is to be gained...

Next to question Mr. Dick Cheney....  (no border fence or patrol will keep him or his out)

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Well it seems to me that education alone does not stop people from being gullible certainly Mr. Bomb in underpants had a good education. I think educating and feeding the poor, providing jobs where there are non will make it much harder for terrorists to find support anywhere. America does much in this way and has the worlds admiration for the way the American people get behind rebuilding the world.
    Now if they will just stop blowing it up that may help too! smile

5. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I don't know...

KBR cannot even build adequate accommodations for Americans overseas....how many Americans have died because of faulty electrical work in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Several reports were published about the shoddy craftsmanship, the untreated water, and all kinds of other garbage that our government has financed...through non-competitive bidding to companies that the V.P. and others have large amounts of shares in.....

conflict of interest...

or shall I say.....

motive??

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I followed much of that. It is so sad that all those crooks made and are making personal fortunes out of shoddy work. Heartbreaking for those putting in a sincere effort.

6. OregonWino profile image61
    OregonWinoposted 14 years ago

I think we should all refer to him as the "pantie bomber."  That will probably piss them off more than anything else.

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard him refered to as the "crotch bomber".

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good point! and make them think twice too. their buddies would go "dude, do you really want to be remembered as that dude whose panties were full of dynamite?"

they'll just have to be more creative about where they hide this stuff.

as for homeland security, they totally screwed the pooch on this one. i applaud the President for giving them a good tounge lashing. they deserved it.

7. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

a terrorist can fit all your description.

but talking about border,America should also leave other countries borders,let those countries handle there affairs.

8. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

A terrorist is today's random bomber and just like the British and German bomber crews in WW2 (and the US B52 bombers of 'Nam)they use bombs indiscriminately.

People die in wars.

The USA has never seen air bombing on it's soil and over it's cities, Europe is more familiar, with both air and car and targeted terrorist bombing, I don't think OZ got too much from the Japanese, but I'm not sure, maybe Earnest can tell us?

During the IRA bombing in London you knew you could just die, and indeed a friend of mine was killed in the Harrods bombing, alongside a police officer.

Why worry.... a bomb kills you in about 10,000ths of one second!

The key is to build your defences against the bombers, in WW2 that was searchlights and fighter command on instant alert, today it is more difficult as, like the poster says, they look just like us, and the Muslim fanatics are now able to use home grown bombers.

But THE common denominator is MUSLIM.

So there is one profile that will work, and maybe it's time to ask Muslims to travel on Muslim flights (open to non Muslims by choice or invitation) or allow non Muslims to travel on their own flights.... to segregate those who hate our society from those who wish to protect our way of life?

I realise that MOST Muslims are non violent and not interested in forcing western society to accept Islamic rule.

Just the ones with the bombs. sad

Maybe we could build bomb chambers, at airports where each passenger had to walk alone through a bomb proof room which was designed to sniff out or explode (by radio waves) any explosive device?

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol oh man

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol oh man affirmative smile or not affirmative sad ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)