your an atheist. You die and actually meet God. What do you say?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (234 posts)
  1. greeneyesH1982 profile image61
    greeneyesH1982posted 14 years ago

say you are firm in your belief and then you die one day... and after you die you come to a place where you are face to face with God and he is there right in front of you and he is waiting for you to say something... what will you say? or do? speaking as in IF this happened to you

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It happened with me and it was the biggest shock of my life and took me years to come to terms wit it.I become the light so there is no one else to speak with , its One.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image62
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn, I wish I'd said that

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the all-but impossible event that some one such as yourself is actually right and repeating meaningless nonsense that you have been spoon fed from an antique book does mean there is a god - I would ask him why on earth he persuaded me he did not exist by sending a bunch of people like you to convince me that he doesn't.

No fair. sad

Now turn the question around on yourself.

When you die and discover that the universe was actually vomited up by the great Star Goat, Allbubblingdo, and anyone who make the stupid mistake of groveling to the nonexistent christian god is going to suffer for all eternity - and the penalty is spending eternity almost drowning in some one else's puke, and being bought back over and over and over - what are you going to say?

'Cause that is just as likely a scenario as the nonsense you have been spouting. wink

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bad idea Mark, He knows that you have convinced yourself, you just cite us as an excuse, so lying to Him face to face will definitely not work, after all He has warned us all that liars will not make it....

Now I don't think this means (so much) the daily lies some folk tell each other (Yes of course your hair looks OK, can we leave now we're late)...though they will not be a great help, but more the lies that a person needs to tell them self in order to ignore the obvious that would cause them to admit they were wrong.

But best of luck anyway...neutral

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

How sad. You think there is a god and you know what he thinks and you do not think that your demeanor and behavior puts people off?

Do you just not understand that following people around and calling them a liar and threatening them with judgment by an invisible super being after they die is what causes all the animosity and fights?

You really need to rethink your approach Daddy.

Mark it's not an approach, I cannot influence anyone, certainly not you, your mind was made up long before you ever heard of me or read one word I had written.

Tell me that in 100% truth the ONLY reason you don't believe in God or Christ is because some Christians have put you off the concept by the way they speak to you?

Tell me that you have NEVER lied to yourself?

Never stolen anything?

Never sinned at all, or if the word sin offends you, never achieved less than the best result you intended with a life choice or by your actions fallen short of your targets?

When we stand before God, we stand alone and answer for our lives, you will, I will and nobody will be standing there with us.

I cannot be accused of "threatening them with judgement"... if you don't believe in God, my words are no threat to you, and besides, I don't need to 'speak for God' His word does that and if you choose to ignore what He states, then you have caused your own future to occur, not me, not Him, YOU.

Like I said, Daddy. You need to rethink your approach.

I will not be standing in front of any one accounting for myself.

And really - is your invisible god so feeble that he will be concerned about whether or not I believed in him? lol

...and you have still NOT answered the question posed on the topic?

Yes I did.

Just because you do not like the answer doesn't mean I did not answer it.

You need to learn to listen to what is told to you Daddy. It would make you a better person.

You are correct Mark, you said:

"I would ask him why on earth he persuaded me he did not exist by sending a bunch of people like you to convince me that he doesn't."

Which is a lie isn't it, or is that the ONLY reason you failed to believe God exists?

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you still blame others for your own shortsightedness? Makes perfect sense. God has revealed Himself to all men and this includes you. It is your own fault that you do not know Him.

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

3. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So ,as if he looks like a human being and I could talk to him, I would curse him and say:

'So! It was true that we look like your image.! It's a shame! Who created you, by all means?! Could have done a better job!'

greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you for answering the question tantrum... although of course we both know some may not like it. it was in fact ANSWERED and directly at that as to what you would say.. thanks for the respect!

1. tantrum profile image60

hi Greeneyes!
          I think you're very witty and entertaining. Some fresh air in the relig forum LOL!

Interesting thread. You'll get a lot of answers you're not going to like
          Good luck! big_smile

Tantrum, I don't think greeneyes is the one who will be hearing the answers when they are made! sad

hi agua! smile

who else then?
              the moderators?

don't tell me it's going to be God !!!

Better.so he knows perfectly well what I think of this Creation.
              Maybe you can send him my regards !
              big_smile

I'll happily send your regards, but that's called praying and I know you don't like people praying for you! smile

Oh ! So when I send my regards to my friends, I'm praying for them ?  yikes
                  Weird !!!
                  lol

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for not believing in you, Christian God. It's just that a lot of your followers are doing some pretty bad PR work down there, and they're all smug about knowing You. You might wanna look into that, for quality control purposes, I mean. anyway, do with me as You will.

omgsh big_smile

5. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The real question to ponder is when you die and you are standing in front of Allah, what will you say?

6. Tom Cornett profile image81
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How bout them Colts!  smile

tom your picture scares me.. i dunno maybe its the little red scarf or something LOL

1. Tom Cornett profile image81
          Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's my bib.  Love the dog in the pic!  smile

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope they get NE again.

7. profile image0
      Will Bensonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting thing to ponder. I guess if I were an atheist and had lead a loving and charitable life, I wouldn't be worried. If I had lead a life of selfishness and hate, I'd probably try to assume a fake identity.

I don't know why God would care if someone believes in Him/Her or not. I don't want to sound contentious, but most atheists can't be frightened into changing their beliefs.

Peace and Light. Thanks for an interesting thread.

8. AdsenseStrategies profile image62

I would definitely want to know about children who suffered and died of leukemia, people who went through excruciating pain after full-body burns (why design our bodies like that?), why it is he couldn't have revealed antiobiotics to us before the twentieth century, and why he would stand by and let heinous people like Stalin, Pol Pot, and Augusto Pinochet take power and wreak havoc (he clearly didn't have any patience for Pharaoh in the Exodus, for example).

its called free will free will free will!!!! God gave us free will and man does what they choose to do with it.. I also am tired of repeating myself... good night sir and GOD BLESS U ALL!!! NIGHT

The free will argument does not work. This is why people keep "ignoring it." If I lived in Stalin's Russia, how did I have free will. If I get to heaven and God says: Well you had free will to not have Stalin as your leader, I would have to think this was a bit weird, don't you think

im tired of explaining EVERYTHING go read a flippin bible!

I have read the entire Bible, and some of it a number of times.

This does not change the fact that if I live in a Communist state, I do not have "free will". If I live in Saddam's Iraq, or Iran, I do not have "free will." So, to answer your question, I would say to God: "Hey, I was born in Iraq, and Saddam Hussein took me away and tortured me. I hadn't done anything wrong. He just didn't like me because I was a religious Muslim who opposed his non-religious, and murderous regime. I didn't choose this fate. So I didn't have free will. I understand that Adam and Eve had free will. But I didn't. What gives"

1. profile image0
                zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's your problem man ?
                The allied forces just liberated you from oppression.

2. NGRIA Bassett profile image61
                NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even in a communist state or as a hostage . you still have free will. The will of another may affect you exercising this free will, but you still have it. There may be a consequence or a reward for exercising your free will.
                We have a free will to believe or not believe in anything.

You are right. Although I don't think this applies to children under, let's say, aged eight. And the fact is that in most of the world, huge numbers of children never make it until that age. And it is indeed the fault of humans making terrible choices that this happens, but it is NOT the fault of those children... THEY don't choose the consquences they find themselves suffering.

This is the problem with the Original Sin idea. Perhaps it is reasonable to say adults always have free will. But young children do not. And yet God does not intervene in these cases. If it were just a few cases, that would be one thing... but when it is literally one thousand children per hour, all day, every day, all week, all month, all year.... Come on, some intervention is called for.

As to belief -- Mmmm, I am not free to believe something that doesn't make sense to me. If I have heard all the arguments and they don't make sense, I am lying to myself to accept that belief anyway.

I have answered this one so many times I think I will write a hub to cut and paste the answer from.

OK that's the spiritual viewpoint, now from a secular viewpoint, all we need to do is agree that we ALL live like those poor folk who are dying, I mean tell me that you are prepared to live and support your family on $50 per month (for the whole family, not each) and we can start bringing some secular equality into the world.

Just post your (last) forum post to confirm that you actually WANT to do something about it and are WILLING to drop your lifestyle living standards by about 90% and we can get started.

Or you could just all join us believers in some serious prayer and fasting, or if that's too much effort, then make a start by not using your wonderful brains and mouths and fingers to speak deceptions that empower Satan.

yeah, that would be a good start....any takers?

YOU are the reason all these bad things happen, your insistence that God is not real empowers Satan to do as he wishes in the world... hence he kills as many innocents as he can.

Satan has always done this, in the bible he does it to try to stop the Messiah being born, Satan hates humanity, you included, but he will use you for as long as you continue to empower him with your words.

25% of the world pray to God in the name of Christ, the other 75% don't and by default every word they speak is empowerment to Satan

2. tantrum profile image60

Free will is only an inheritance given by God to Man.
            God passed it to Man in order to wash his hands of the mess and cahos  the world was leading to.

9. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not the God in the bible I hope, because that would mean that the universe has been controlled, all these years, by a foolish being that is incapable of being God. 

If it were hypothetically true,  however, there would be no words to describe this completely baffling and nonsensical situation.  It would mean that my mental faculties are wortless to the point that I really don't need them.

SEE SE right here!! perfect example... question not answered... i ask again WHAT WOULD YOU ACTUALLY SAY TO HIM??? its a simple question but u ppl always want to dance around the subject like your afraid to answer or something .. its just STUPID!

1. getitrite profile image70

What do you want me to say?  I said no words could decribe this situation.  That's my answer.  How did you get a question out of that?  You are one ANGRY Christian!  Do you actually read the responses?

10. MikeNV profile image68
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You find a cave, it has solid gold bars stacked floor to ceiling with ancient writing on the bars.

What do you do.

These kinds of questions mean nothing.

If God can do anything, can he build a rock so big he can't lift it?

Illogical.

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image59
        Eldritch Elegyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Huh. I pay off my parent's house.

As for the other thing, I'm pretty sure He could if the whim struck Him.

I think this falls under the 'lack of imagination' argument.

11. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I think Scotty beamed me to the wrong place?"

1. profile image0
        zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a matter for Captain Kirk. Let him manage this embroglio.
        lol lol lol

1. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But what happened to Kirk? LOL

12. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! My! God!

13. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Say you are firm in your belief and then you die one day,
      and then... well, nothing happens.

Bummer?
      smile

14. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would apologise for not believing in him, and ask him to explain (a) why he allows innocent people to suffer and (b) why he does such an incompetent job of letting people know he exists.

2. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

"Wait, am I dead?....hmmm didn't expect to exist beyond death, What is this place? Can you help"

Not easy to answer for someone who is not an atheist but a fun challenge wink
    It's challenging to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

1. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it's not easy to answer.

If I was an atheist and this happened

I'll probably pass out or impulsive swear like Shit of Fuck man! You're REAL!
      Then have to apologize for swearing. I also have a nervous laugh, so this might happen here

This is my general OMGosh reaction or awkward situation mode- pass out, swear or laugh

3. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68

That's pretty much how it'd go for me tongue

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So do you walk down the street talking to yourself saying things like: "Dum de dum de dum, I don't believe in God dum de dum de dum, the bible was written by men" Stuff like that?

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
        DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Errrm not so much lol, but I couldn't take the time to cut the video xD

1. kirstenblog profile image77
          kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww bummer sad I had the image in my head and everything lol
          Shucks.

4. thekidandblue profile image61
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

Why not sounds like fun.

I'd ask if they'd fancy a pint, god could be my wingman ;D

5. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Can I ask you, do you have a preconceived notion that this God of yours has arms and legs?  I often get the strong impression that what you expect to see will not at all be what you will see.  Nevertheless, interested in your expectations.

And it's also very interesting to read that those who have seen great lights also think this is God, when it may well not be.  Not everything is as it seems.

why is it that when someone asks a question people dont answer it?? they dance around a bush but dont directly deal with it?

watch this atheists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTYe_V2h … re=related

LOL

I answered directly.

You are wrong and your ridiculous beliefs are just that - ridiculous.

your comment is not sticking to the topic.. please be respectful

2. profile image50
        The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAH!

2. aguasilver profile image71

No idea what God will look like, if He (using the generic title, not indicating any sexual definition) looks like anything at all, for we will be in the spiritual realm then, and although we will apparently have new bodies, scripture makes it clear that they will not need to be like our current issue, so for instance we will not need most of the organs we currently use, if any...

Good question... I look forward to finding out, eventually! roll

1. AnythingArtzy profile image67
        AnythingArtzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good post Auguasilver

I don't argue politics and religion because it is never ending but sometimes I do like to interject my opinion.

God is a spirit just in case anybody cares to actually know whats in the book they hate so much but have never opened. I am looking forward to getting there which although it's nice hangin with you all I'll get there sooner than expected.

Salvation is real I felt it when I accepted and did change just like God Promised. I'm better for it.

I never layed eyes on George Washington either but history tells me he existed and tells of his life and activities. Why is it so easy to believe that and not the Bible. I'll tell you why, wait no I won't you will just have to read for yourself why you don't believe cause that's in there too.  The Bible has been proven over and over. I'm not shoving it down anybody throat but geez at least read it and then make an informed opinion and not one based on what others tell ya or just disagree because you think it makes Christians mad. It doesn't It just makes me sad. Bet you didn't know the Bible is a history book. All places and such have been confirmed years ago.

6. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Could always try, "Nice to meet you"

7. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

If I thought there was a possibility of that happening then I wouldnt be an atheist

Errrr, yes Jen, we know that it's a no brainer, but the question was what IF you were wrong, what would you say?

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
        jenblacksheepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All I meant was, what is the point of asking an atheist that and expecting a serious answer.

the point was just that.. exactly how many atheists can actually answer a question for once and be serious

2. DogSiDaed profile image59

The real question is, would you support such a god?

3. greeneyesH1982 profile image61

you are obviously not understanding the QUESTION.... be real here... must i say it again? IF you were to die and see him what would you say??? i didnt ask if or what u believed i asked what u would say IF this happened... this topic is not intended to dance around it its intended just for what it says. stating your belief is NOT the topic

mark this topic isnt here to discuss whos wrong or right stick to the question please

Are you blind? I told you exactly what I would say. In the almost impossible event that you are right. lol

Now answer my question

excuse me?? if u want an answer to YOUR question my friend then perhaps make your own forum? and not on someone elses topic of genuinely being curious.. thanks smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, the reason for the topic is to pretend that GOD is real, then people are to form an idea of what they would say? Which defeats the purpose of an intellectual conversation.

I've answered this exact same question in another thread started by another Hubber. I'm sure you would be able to find that thread if you looked hard enough for it.

However, I'll gladly give you the same answer I've give all else and I am NOT an atheist, by any stretch of the imagination.

GOD? IF real? What would I say to HIM, HE, IT, SHE or whatever else you want to call it - (1) reaction is to laugh, (2) second, would to be fall on the floor laughing, and (3) while laughing on the floor, I'd ask polite if he would just go away, because he was completely useless in my time while I lived and even more useless now that I am dead.

So, I think that roughly covers it. smile

2. blue dog profile image59
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"i'm lost, can you show me the way?"

then i'd quickly return to earth, enter the hubpages forums and suggest that if you don't want disagreeing points of view, publish this idea as a hub, monitor all traffic thru your comments tool, and keep this discussion out of the religion category.

8. jenblacksheep profile image67

Since many Christians have assured me that everyone goes to heaven in the end anyway, I would probably just laugh. Dying, finding out there is a God and then going to heaven is a better scenario than the atheist one. So I guess once I'd finished laughing I would be excited. I would shake his hand, and then ask him where I could find my grandad.

1. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup, this.

"Hey cool! You do exist. Could you please point me in the direction of my family? Also, do you accept animals around here? There's a cat I think might be waiting for me."

I think making an advanced reservation is a better idea.. smile

2. jenblacksheep profile image67

I would just like to point out that while I did make a sarcastic comment, I did also give a proper answer.

I think I would also have several questions for God like:
      Where are we in terms of the rest of the universe? (the answer to which would probably bring many more questions)
      Is Hitler here? Why did you create him?
      What is your answer to the Paradox of the unmovable rock?

I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure that when I'm standing there looking at him a load more questions will come flooding to mind.

Well your approach could be a mite presumptive, but I hope you get your answers and find your Grandad.... what makes you think he's there? smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image67

Well if everyone goes to heaven then he must be.

I don't mean this in a rude way. But lots of Christians/Catholics/watever all have different beliefs about God/heaven/hell etc. I have actually been told both that I'm going to heaven and that I'll go to hell. Even if I'd been Jewish and believed in God, some people still say I'd go to hell. So to ask a question like this then the OP really needs to first specify what belief system he is refering to. Is there a possibility of me going to hell when I meet God? Is God an actual person?

1. DogSiDaed profile image59

I hear God's got a nice timeshare apartment by the Lake of Fire, so you might bump into him smile

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image61

that is very wrong for someone to tell you where u are going... that is not our place to choose your fate or even THINK on the matter of where one goes... totally disrespectful it angers me that people say they believe in God then go and give people who really do and always try for the right thing a bad name!!!

Agreed, but everyone will stand before God, that's what His judgement is about, as to what happens next, well that's why some believers are hell-fire and damnation extreme and probationary about it, and others are kinda 'universal salvationists' in their approach.

All we each need to do is answer the question, the great what if? and if we are truly 100% sure that there is nobody to ask or answer to,and I mean nothing... then no problem, enjoy yourself, you are a nihilist and that's fine by me.

99.99999% certain would not do it for me, so I kept looking, opened my spirit and found MY truth, which happens to coincide with the bible (Torah and new covenant)

much agreed.. i also found MY TRUTH deep within.... a place in the soul that is much deeper than the heart can go has been lit up by a presence that is very strong and you can definately feel that it is pure LOVE... we all know what love feels like so imagine that times like I dunno cant put a number on it

Ok, that's fair. So you think that regardless of whether I believe in God or not I will be judged when I die and won't necessarily go to hell for not believing?

I like to think that IF there was a God and I was being judged when I die he would see that I live by one rule which is not to hurt others. While I have done some bad things in my life they are not terrible and on the whole I do try and be good. I don't think that anyone is perfect, and noone is going to stand before him saying that they have lived an entirely good and perfect life. If they did he would either tell them they were lying or tell them that they have wasted this one precious life he has given them.

On what you said about finding your truth deep within; I think that some people think about life and religion etc and soul search and can feel God right there with them. I'm guessing that's what you have? You can feel him there. You KNOW he is there? Right?

I just don't. When I search and think about life etc etc I feel alone, I KNOW he's not there. And I think that is the impass, why believers and non-believers can never agree.

but that my friend is the problem.. if your MIND is telling your BODY ie heart soul etc this then you have pretty much almost already given yourself an inner answer. if u search deep inside your heart and soul and feel nothing... ASK him to show you SOMETHING. all it takes is ONE experience. and it will change your life forever.... keep in mind that the enemy really is a MASTER at deception. man when I say master i mean with no flaw except for the ones who know his ways can see his works because they finally understand what hes about and HOW he works... he knows each and every one of us just like God does and hes also very strong at what he does... he knows our hearts desires he even comes to us in ways that are good to... he wont always come in ways that is terrifying and evil his deception is his best trick. looks good at first until your at the end of whatever it was he brought to you. my advice friend PRAY with an OPEN heart and be open to receiving whatever the father has to give to you... if you choose not to believe or whatever that is YOUR choice.. free will my friend free will.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I would apologize profusely.  Man should have created a better God.

10. jenblacksheep profile image67

This was my point earlier. I believe my truth as strongly as you believe yours.

If I said to you 'how badly do you want the truth' you would say that you already had the truth. You know you're right and I know I'm right.

Why bother!

1. profile image0

How do you know what you believe is truth?

how do you know?

i can answer this and only cus of my experince.... thats my answer... thats why people say God is a personal relationship. it really is. its a presence an OBVIOUS one if that and it happens inside of you.. trust me wou know when its God its like he speaks to your heart especially a place deep within and your soul moves with Joy its an experience that literally changes you from the inside out... laugh if you must if it is what makes some comfortable but its the TRUTH. why not just read the bible yourself? and do your own research about the FACTS of it? instead of just disregarding it altogether. i must say some of u wouldnt be here if you werent at least the SLIGHTEST bit interested in him.

lol
            I'm not interested in him the least!!!

I'm interested in your posts

I appreciate a good laugh!lol
            and I'm not laughing at you.
            I'm laughing with you.
            and I assume you know it

lol

ah I do.. partly because you immediately took me for who I am and as I did you? respect was given from the beginning and therefor a somewhat early onset of friendship in the posts suddenly came through a crack and burst into light.. har har. I must warn though I have not slept yet and as time goes on I will get stranger and stranger. LOL but i really am being serious because of not sleeping tonight because there is so much entertainment in here you will start to see what happens in me when my brain throws up... eww

yikes
                hmm
                big_smile
                lol

2. profile image0

No person in the history of man has made an impact like Jesus. Throughout all history not one man before nor since has died for the sins of the world. This one fact in itself should be enough to make one wonder about all the others.

He rose from the dead as He said he would. He in fact said He would raise Himself then proved it.

I wonder if Richard Dawkins could perform such a feat.

1. profile image55

No one can, you included.

Of course, if Jesus was the son of a god, that would make him a god too, and gods can't die, can they?

Seems Christians have forgotten that little bit of import.

1. profile image0

That is true that God cannot die. What God can do is put on a body of flesh and give that body over to death. What God can do is take our sins to the cross with Him and leave them there. What God cannot do is sin.

1. profile image55

Then, you admit it's all a charade and that you've been duped by a wolf in sheeps clothing? Hence, you admit Jesus never really died, did he?

1. profile image0

No I do not admit that. I thought you were inteeligent enough to be able to read and comprehend. Was I wrong?

1. profile image55

Yes, you did.

"That is true that God cannot die."

It's all so confusing !!!! yikes

lol

3. greeneyesH1982 profile image61

omg dude are you seriously for real?? people like u exist? funny how u like to put words in peoples mouths again to settle your own belief just so u can convince yourself your right when you know deep down you are wrong as ever... foolish

1. profile image55

Not really, it's just a matter of you not being able to think past one dimension.

Hmmm.....?

aaaahhhhh!! who are you?

cursing!!! please do NOT curse!! for God sake act like a freakin adult

READ YOU FREAKIN BIBLE!!! JESUS died because he came here to live in the flesh dont be a fool. then went back to where he came from and yes there is the father the son and the holy spirit but seems you have forgot your little tidbits because YOU have not read your bible much less studied it! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im going to go throw a rock really hard right now and preferrably at anything that starts with the letter Q!! ok im really not going to do that but seriously my hair is starting to fall out

1. profile image55

Please, go back to the kindergarten playground, the adults are trying to talk now. There's a good girl.

Had the Bible had anything of substance in it, many people who have read it would be followers of Jesus. Instead, what is there.....there is a bunch of fanatical believers who cast judgement on others, condemning them to a life of something or another.

This shows how foolish the Bible is itself. smile

I am almost positive your life has revolved around this sad book, but if you have any clue about Jesus or his work, then you know the Bible is wrong. smile

I'm not sure what you are getting upset for. Did you expect to get a nice greeting, as you try to set others up to fail.

The question is fictional to begin with. GOD doesn't exist any more than Santa Clause, the Toothfairy or even the Easter Bunny.

To think that the "GOD" concept is real, factual and in existence is completely stupid and Jesus knew it to begin with. You would have learned that, had you really read the damn book you accuse others of not reading.

It states in the Bible that Jesus' work was to talk about the truth of life, what is the proper way to live life. He wasn't preaching garbage religion. He despised religion and the religious leaders of his time.

Just thought, it might be a good thing, if you had better fact than what you're already dealing with. smile

you didnt answer the question.. everything u just said is meaningless to me.. and for the record genius I belong to no religion.... quit being foolishly judgemental. I believe in God but religion these days is pretty much trashed but what man has done to it.... THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME smile oh wait one more thing genius the question was a genuine one not to set people up people set themselves up.. either answer the question and be serious for once in your life or GET OUT

1. chambersgirl21 profile image59
                    chambersgirl21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put smile

First off smart a$$, YES I did answer your original question. If you can't read or only choose to read whatever it you want to read, that is your problem, not mine.

If you belong to no religion, then how can you have a belief in the "GOD" concept religion supports? You sound like you're very confused. smile

Do you know why? or Better yet, do you even understand life?

You set them up to fail, by asking them to form a foolish opinion about something that is completely out of reality. So, yes you purposely setup people to fail, so to justify the sad notion of the "GOD" concept, purported by religion.

And, btw- flattery, such as calling me a Genius? Would be useless, because to me it is already common-knowledge. However, it isn't going to allow you to claim or propose the "GOD" concept, regardless of what form you put it into. smile

first of all I'm tired stating I'm not an Evolutionist

Second, where are the proofs, he raised from the dead ?

And the proof he died for our sins?
            where?
            You have as much proofs as me ,for stating he doesn't exist.

So where's the truth???
            Nowhere
            this is very childish.

Well I could ask you the same question. Which again .. is my point. I only said 'you know you're right' because If I wrote 'you think you're right' then you would tell me that you knew it. Yes, to avoid being labelled as close minded I have to admit to the slight possibility that God exists, but I don't think we can possibly know anything at all about him which would leave his existence irrelevant anyway.

11. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Buy a wig!

12. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Their are no atheists.
    Aside from that, if I were to meet this "mythical" god thing, I'd invite "it" to meet me in mythical heaven in the "octagon" to give me a chance to whip his "mythical" ass for being such a "mythical" phuckup.

13. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

It seems that the atheist and many christians agree that the  CONCEPTS are flawed. If my concept of the sun and moon are incorect does this affect them in any way?

14. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago
  15. Eldritch Elegy profile image59
    Eldritch Elegyposted 14 years ago

Couple of thoughts:

"And really - is your invisible god so feeble that he will be concerned about whether or not I believed in him? lol"

It isn't that He's 'feeble.' It takes a lot of strength to love everyone (yes, you too, Mark), and to care about people who don't care about you. God really does care that you believe in Him. I think we were created to love Him. Not only for that, I can't say I know the reason or reasons why we're here, but I do think that's part of it.

If we were created in His image it makes sense, because we all crave love and create families for that purpose, just as He did.

"Is Hitler here? Why did you create him?"

I believe in free will. I know the Bible says that God knows everything you're ever going to do, but that doesn't mean He's the one who makes you do it.

That goes back to my answer to what Mark said. There's no point in forcing a lot of beings to love you. Love means nothing when it's forced. God gave us the freedom to make our own choices, knowing that some of us would make bad ones.

When people ask 'why does God let bad things happen,' the answer is that it isn't His fault, it's ours. We make bad decisions. I don't think anyone here would want that freedom to be taken away, so, just like in any situation, if you want freedom, you have to pay the price, and in this case the price is dealing with the acts of others who are also free to choose and then pay the price for their own actions.

16. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Me-"God, hey what's up? It's really nice to meet you. Good job on that whole creating the world thing, 7 days really? And seriously, some of your followers need to chill out! Wanna go to Starbucks and have a chat?"

God- "Yeah I know, I'm really sorry Cole, I'll speak to them when they get here. They will be pretty disappointed to find out that wasn't my intention. It was 7 days.. no lie! Sure I'd love me a Frappucino. And thanks on that whole being a good person thing, you really made an impact on the world while you were there"

And God and I would head to Starbucks, sip overpriced beverages and talk about the world as he intended it to be. End scene. big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70

lol lol

17. easiest profile image60
    easiestposted 14 years ago

I will tell , i have done my best on earth so where is way to my room in heaven?

18. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Hey ! You're on my spot !

19. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I would say "My Bad"

Contrary to the Wonderful World of Disney, dogs don't go to heaven sad

20. Colebabie profile image61

I did answer your question. My comment about green eyes was just to make friendly conversation. You have more cred if you have written hubs. Sex isn't the problem, lack of education is. And there really is no reason for the attitude. Good luck here. smile

credit is nothing i care about here.. this world has NOTHING i want and i certainly dont care about reputation...

cool

2. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you a pessimistic person by nature?

21. Colebabie profile image61

Your reason for posting is getting your point across? No? The best way to do that is not only to have interesting things to say but how you type it. We can't hear you, we can only read your words. The more grammatically neutral and correct, the better. It allows your point to get across more smoothly. Just trying to help.

in all honesty i just wanted to know what an athiest really would say.. but most of them seem to just want to "goof" off about EVERYTHING is so freakin annoying even if u are being genuine it doesnt matter... they just want to make others upset intentionally and because we "believers" are humans and have feelings to get upset and then its thrown back in our faces of what kind of people we are! its plain ANNOYING... maybe if they actually read a flippin bible researched it themselves answered a question for once in their life with out bein a big jerk about it and actually spoke logically when this question arrived since so much of what they believe is all logic maybe ppl would listen to them

22. Colebabie profile image61

Can I ask you a question?

sure if u want but im going to bed so if it consists of getting into a longer conversation ill be aswering it tomorrow... my back is killing me my eyes hurt im peeved off which is hard to do but when I do it takes a while to calm me down and im EXHAUSTED

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you ask this question with the intention of honestly wanting answers from those who are atheist? Or did you ask this question with the intention of telling everyone of your own beliefs?

"even if u are being genuine it doesnt matter... they just want to make others upset intentionally and because we "believers" are humans and have feelings to get upset and then its thrown back in our faces of what kind of people we are!"

So genuine answers don't matter? Why start the thread if you aren't interested in the answers?
        I answered your question, and so did many others. It isn't a matter of ridicule for most of them. What they know is atheism, so they are answering the question they best know how.

You keep telling them to read the bible. Realize that is like them telling you to burn your bible. It is pointless. So the next time you start a thread, appreciate the answers, instead of turning it on you and making it all about your beliefs.

23. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I agree with greeneyes about reading the bible, folks!  Reading the bible is the quickest way to realize it's the biggest con game known to mankind!  Read the bible, study it, take it all in, but don't stop there.  Read history, read anything you can get your hands on.  Once you do,  you'll realize just how much crap religion and the bible is. 

I could answer the hypothetical question now, but it's much more entertaining to watch her throw a fit because I didn't.

24. Colebabie profile image61

And now you're getting mocked...

I'm sorry greeneyes but maybe listen to others next time? It isn't your beliefs that fuels the fire, it is your attitude.

if someone takes that 'attitude' seriously, I have to think you people are more childish than I expected.

no my attitude is fine and for the record THEY have just as bad of one if not WORSE... i was just fine until someone completely disrespects me for no reason.. go back to the beginning of this forum and re read stuff and all my conversations i had with people before u just assume... and like i said before yes i genuinely wanted to know what would be said when they met him... but thats not good enough is it? it never is.... theres always some underlying agenda with them people... either way i dont give two craps ... do what u will with this forum have it your way ridicule me put me down talk trash behind my back call me names blah blah etc be on with it because it makes u feel better or whatever.. keep calling my father imaginary and him names also while your at it and dont stop there call all my fellow friends names to just keep on going with your negativity please do so because it only shows your true colors... keep laughing about it like its such a big joke whatever floats your coconuts IM OUT

1. getitrite profile image70

You have overdosed on Christianity!  Now you are regurgitating this insulting crap.

25. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

can you validate my parking

26. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Wouldn't it depend on which God the athiest met when he/she died?  The gods described by various Christian interpretations alone would merit different responses upon the death of the athiest. Same for the different versions of Islam, and then, if you get into various religions of Asia and Africa you open up hundreds of other gods as well.  There are also older religions from all over the world that still have believers assuring us those gods are still in existence.  So the question is tough without specifying which of all these gods you are referring to, for certainly the way one might address such a being would vary from divine version to divine version.

1. profile image55

I begin to imagine we are all lined up in a university fraternity razing ritual where all the gods ever purported to exist stand before us in two rows facing each other, all of whom are wielding a spanking paddle from hell.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So the only one that doesn't hit you is the whose book/story/song you bought?  Interesting.  You may be on to something there.

1. profile image55

What would be interesting is if every single person were spanked by every single god, regardless. What then?

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
            Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would add divine insult to divine injury.

27. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

"your an atheist. You die and actually meet God. What do you say?"

ooooops.

28. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

God is the God of atheists as well. the separation is not His, it is theirs. So when they say "your God", it doesn't make sense. If they knew what they were talking about they would say "I don't believe in our God". Thats what it really is.

1. profile image50

You theists worship quite a few different gods.  Referring to "your god" is quite different from referring to the concept of God, in general.

We rationalists try to be coherent and clear in our communication, even if the distinction is lost on you.

29. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

i wanna answer this but im no athiest . as a hopefull person .meeting a god. first thing i would  say is this. your not the god ive been hearing about are you. cus if your that guy. im gona have to pass.

smile Mmmm, got to agree I think. There are in fact some much saner models of God, but we in the West, rarely get to hear about them (some of them are themselves Western models of God, Deism for example, and some eastern ideas seem to make a lot of sense)

1. aware profile image67
        awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

. god ideas ? well that's one of my things. i love them . the bigger the better. i respect them.esp contrary ideas to mine.  and i never log them. meaning i don't chop them down. my idea. my god , when construction is finished that is. will be the biggest tallest state of the art god ever seen. but it will have only one tenant. and that would be me.

30. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

"your an atheist. You die and actually meet God. What do you say?"

Here is a tip for the atheists here who cannot seem to imagine having to answer to God, if I were you (and until I came to faith I would have been) I would try something like this...

"Lord and Master of all Creation, I ask your forgiveness for I have been wrong all of my life in my denial of your existence, and the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord of All.

I realise and accept that as such I deserve no grace and mercy from yourself, especially as I may have deliberately mislead some of your 'little children' with my deception, however I now recognise my great sin and ask that you will forgive my sin and exercise the Grace and Mercy that you sent your Son to earth to dispense to all humanity, and which I refused whilst alive."

The best position to say this would be on your knees, as the bible tells us anyway that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of All, but as you will be in the presence of the Almighty, His Glory will shine so brilliantly that even kneeing may be impossible, so falling flat on your face would be preferable to trying to continue your pretence that He is non existent.

I would certainly advise against a 'smart' answer, but then as said, being in His presence will probably cure you of such stupidity on the spot.

I wish you all the very best when you meet with Him.

1. profile image50

Nah. 

God's an evil prick or it isn't.

If it's not, we're cool, though I would be very confused.

If it is, and I'm about to be tortured forever, at least I'd like to take with me into that horrible eternity that I didn't beg and grovel before that awful tyrant in the moments leading up to it.

So be it.

31. Webmatron profile image58
    Webmatronposted 14 years ago

If I died and found out that the Santa Claus that almost every person of every religion on earth believes in, actually did exist, I would become the new Satan.

No lie.  I would believe that this being hated me, and it would have a new eternal enemy.

32. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Um, yeah, God? Can you validate my parking ticket here?

33. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

God? Baseball bat to the head!

34. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Oops?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)