Why serve Jesus? Is it for gain or...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (45 posts)
  1. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

To Christians, Why is it you serve Jesus?
    There were those who followed Jesus for gain and was so severely criterized that they turned away.

If you serve Jesus merely to attain eternal life, then surely you serve him only for gain and your are merely serving a religion with their established rule book.

But if your serve those around  because that is who you are and truly want the best for them, now you are serving the Christ.

Then you will find that you are a son of God and you do the will of your father.

This knowledge did not come from the rule book which you try to apply to yourself, but comes from the spirit of the Christ ( truth) within you.

For the knowledge of your self comes from the Christ within you and not letters.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All those who follow Jesus' work based on what religion offers is following a lie. smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you sir are a liar by stating the lie you just did.

It might be better if you actually read your bible cover to cover and not just the parts you want to read. Plus, I'd recommend a little light ancient history reading while you're at it. smile

I see to you can get away with insulting people, because they don't believe like you.

The FACT is that your sad bible is the religion Jesus spoke of for you to stay away from, yet you can't see the difference.

So, please refrain from calling me a liar, unless you can prove me wrong. And, the sad little pieces of scripture you'll use to defend your position were manipulated long before Jesus was born.

So, get a grip. smile

1. profile image0

I have read it from cover to cover. Just that statement alone makes you a liar by the first statement you made on this post.

Let's look at ancient history just for a few seconds. Anything older than the Bible is true according to your own statement. So the Bible must be false?

I wonder if you read a book by Gerald Massey about Egyptians gods and such and how Christ was plagiarized from them. Of course Gerald Massey was thew world's foremost historian was he not? He had degrees from every major school in the world right?

Psa 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

What you FAIL to realize is that YOU missed something? Doh! smile

This thinking is secular and circular. So, give it a break.

Religion was around LONG before Jesus ever walked the Earth. His work was incorporated into Religion. He wasn't religious!!! Got it!

Any idiot, can play the game. So, please.

By the way, just in case you didn't know?

Sinners? They don't really exist. The only pathetic reason for the word "sinner" is the religions that perpetuate the "GOD" concept, as a real entity.

Sinners don't exist. smile

2. Artin2010 profile image65
              Artin2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sir Dent, that about sums it up. Jesus himself made Thomas to believe after He had resurected and returned to them.
              Why is it sooo hard for humans to believe that the historical account of Gods people and Jesus Christ the Messiah sent of God truly is a reality. Jesus told them, I did not come to be served but to serve. Love, trust, obey and serve.
              Acknowledge one God, one faith and love thy neighbors as thyself. How hard is that. Pretty hard sometimes when the person nextdoor is a lost soul and has suffered to the point of total denial. We press on, staying open in heart and mind to things that count. Truth, it is out there. Peace be with you alway

Are you claiming a resurrection actually occurred? If so, please proved proof, otherwise quit speaking an untruth. smile

I'm pretty sure you can't even define reality, and think it is up to your choosing on how your own reality comes about? And, you would be wrong on this count.

Is that all he had to say? I don't think so. smile

Acknowledge one God? Which GOD are you talking about.  The one GOD Jesus told you to specifically stay away from was the false GOD of religion, yet you follow it anyway. lol lol lol lol lol

It wouldn't be so hard, if people weren't lead to believe something that is untrue to begin with.

Yes, the person who lives next door to you, could be a lost soul, but in the manner, in which you're making it out to be. And, YES, the truth is out there, and it's nowhere inside the Bible of any form of religion.

I enjoyed your response. Thank you. smile

2. profile image54
                (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a simple question to answer.

It's because there are SO many other stories and fables throughout history that are equally if not more believable. And, the fact that there were religions long before Christianity that were based almost entirely on the same beliefs as Christianity.

Therefore, it all comes down to a personal belief in only one of those stories amongst all the others.

2. 50 Caliber profile image60
        50 Caliberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Following Christ and following religion are 2 very different things

At least in this statement you gave is something, but what? smile

50 Caliberposted 14 years ago

Is this a real question or just the backstop at a shooting range?
    It feels like a question risen to draw a target for you to throw your stones at? Would that pretty well sum you up?
    What is "serve" by your definition? and who is "Christ" by your definition?
    Give me a starting point to speak to

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

I serve Jesus because He loves me like no one else can. He is the Son of God and God Himself. He has the words of eternal life and in fact is the Way, the truth and the life. Outside of Jesus Christ, there is no life, but only death.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ah nicely put sir nicely put smile

2. profile image54

And, Jesus hates all the little children of the world who he allows to starve to death to make sure you and yours are well fed, happy and are feeling the luuuuuuuv.

1. profile image0

You must have a lot of insecurities. Didn't your mother and father love you when you were a child?

1. profile image54

So, is that the Christian way, insulting people when you have nothing to say? Well done, SirDent. Keep showing us that side of Christianity.

1. 50 Caliber profile image60

And you Q,? what will a sharp tongue profit you

1. profile image54

I seek no profits or prophets.

1. profile image0

You still didn't answer my question. This is one of the staple of aitheists. How can you be true to your belief if you go against your own teachings?

2. profile image0

I notice you didn't answer my question and I wonder why.

Sarcasm can be used by anyone, don't you think?

3. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Q ... if you spent half as much time and effort feeding the hungry children as you do talking about them you would soon find that people were lineing up with you to help collect and carry a load of food to the children. 
               Your message has some truth to it but your P R needs a little work if you are to reach your full potential.

1. profile image54

Again Jerami, it's not really about our own efforts to feed the starving children of the world as it is just simply about our own efforts in general. Period.

WE do things, Jerami. Gods don't, so don't thank them for doing something when they do nothing at all.

In fact, let's not thank anyone yet, until we have actually rid the world of starvation. Then, if you feel the need for affirmation, we can pat each other on the back for a job well done.

Jerami, the subtlety and passiveness of the unfeeling, lack of compassion and the selfishness encountered here is on scale with the Black Plague.

If the facts of the real world are colliding unobstructed with their faith-based ideals, it isn't PR that's required to point that out or for me to reach some imagined potential.

Ah, but is man who lets all the little children starve

1. profile image0

(Q)'s signature is about starving children. He is so obsessed with children starving. I think it may secretly be a fetish.

1. profile image54

Stooping way down to your level of insolence is beyond me, SirDent. You insult the dying and the dead by thanking your god for your abundance and then further insult them by justifying yourself in your impudence.

Again, well done demonstrating Christianity, SirDent. You are a shining beacon.

We all are dying, how would you care to be thought

1. profile image54

Could you clarify the question, please?

As your remains are shoved from hence they came, how would you want to be remembered

1. profile image54

Simple, as someone who tried to learn everything one could in a lifetime.

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
            greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

he definately has a serious problem with this not to mention he seriously seriously seems like an angry person... Q what is wrong with you?

3. 50 Caliber profile image60

To those given much, much will be expected. A single household with 20 billion dollars is expected to share more than a single house hold with 100 dollars. I assure you if you were hungry and I saw you, I would feed you from my meager pantry.

1. profile image54

Really? I appreciate that. Thanks. But, that's not the point here, is it?

Aye, it is the point, what I hold belongs to Christ and he would have me give you 2 fold your need

1. profile image54

The need is great, my friend. We observe this great need daily.

I would have to ask why it is that you hold what belongs to Christ, but many hold nothing? And, if he gave it to you, why is it that you have to give it to me or anyone else, why doesn't Christ simply give me and everyone else a fair share?

Isn't THAT exactly what Christ teaches, my friend?

4. 50 Caliber profile image60

Aye, good morning Sir Dent.

1. profile image0

Good Morning to you brother. How are you this cold day?

It is around 40* here in the desert and I'm doing well. It is quite cold I see for many.

1. profile image0

it is in the teens here and forecast to get into the single digits tonight. We have about 10 inches or so of snow on the ground.

I'll be seeing 63* later in the day.

5. 50 Caliber profile image60

I have obligations to fill and must take leave of this. SirDent and greeneyes a blessed day to you.

1. profile image0

I am blessed on a daily basis. Have a good day 50.

6. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

We are all adults here.  We need not club one another over the head for thinking the other is not on the same plane as us - whether Christian or Atheist, blue or purple.  These forums come down to the same spiteful cliches that only serve a negative power.  You all know I am Christian through and through but please please adopt a phrase that either Q or Cagsil sent me the other day, "I respectfully agree to disagree."  Be it the end of it and each of us must go to our respective corners and contemplate our own actions and inactions in the world.  WE have the power to make this a better world.  That would include feeding the hungry and clothing the naked.  Let us further our pursuits in this direction rather than placing our own personal problems with God on the table.  These are all personal problems being presented and need to be reconciled personally and not tossed up in the air and misdirected.

Peace to all!  It's a new year - let's do better...  smile

1. profile image54

Agreed. Completely.

Agreed, and since it IS only us that can make a difference and not a god, let's leave gods completely out of the equation as they do nothing but confuse and obfuscate the plight of others.

Now, you're walking the walk.

7. berojgaarnews profile image39
    berojgaarnewsposted 11 years ago

God Had Created the Adam and Eve in his Shape It does not mean that Either Adam or his His Children are the Son of God or a God.
    What ever You say about Jesus or Mohammad are like As Common Man From the Adam's Generation.
    If you talk about Jesus (Holy Sh**) Still Not Revealed the Work of Angels.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)