How Exactly Is Money Made? + website question

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    tdruskposted 15 years ago

I understand how adsense works, but I thought it only counted if you got your reader to click an ad. HubPages states it as if the reader just has to look at the add, not click it.

If I buy a domain can I forward it to my link without getting to my account banned/in trouble?

1. agrovertic profile image39
      agroverticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi i am a new hubbers too anyway welcome to hubbers,well at my point of view what we need to do is that first we have to create a blog with blogger.com and after create the blog we need to publish it i mean get the google crawl and index the blog and it not necessary to have the domain,my suggestion if you need a domain try to get the expired domain.

Why expired domain?:

1. The domain is having the huge traffic which if you purchase you will get the opportunity but bear in mind,normally google will give sometimes or due date for the domain owner to renew the domain unfortunate if they are not renew well you can place a booking for the said domain.

This is the link where you can get those expired domain www.DomainsBot.com

What you need to do to your blog before publish or index by google,here are the steps:

a. Optimize blog setting
      b. Template Optimization
      c. Google indexing code
      d. Create Meta tag
      e. Template keywords density (sitemap)
      f . Google accounts adsense setting
      g. Add Adsense Channel
      h. Increase CTR adsense code
      i.  Fast Index

Once you have done all the above,take a deep breath and now you need to promote your blog by getting the BACKLINK from the high page rank website

What is BACKLINK?:

1. So to make your adsense fast index by google you need to get the BACKLINK how to get those BACKLINK?
      in this issue you need to promote your blog,where to promote your blog? get the BACKLINK from others website that have a high PAGE RANKING such www.propeller.com and www.digg.com

That all i can share hope it useful to everyone

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

@tdrusk
        Yes, you can add a link to your own domain in a hub, provided you follow HubPages rules on this - which generally is a maximum of 2 links in a hub to the same domain.

As far as I know, Hubpages only runs Adsense PPC (Pay Per Click) scheme. If an adsense advertisement appears on a hub of yours but nobody clicks on it, then nobody makes any money.

Other payment schemes work on impressions, which is when you get paid when someone loads a page upon which the advert appears.

What you have said is a mish mash of various bits of information, and has got nothing to do with the question that was asked. Are you sure you know anything about the topic?

And Agrovertic. Just a heads up. I think that some other sites may have stolen the content you've got on your hubs lol

Your Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/interview-skills-job
        Webpage  with Identical content: http://www.thecommercejournal.com/Technology/32632.htm

Your Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Fly-Helicopters
        web page with Identical content: http://www.raptortechnique.com/learning.htm

Ggeeeezzzzzz may i know how do you do the search?? maybe you can help! well i think they came in here and copy all my stuff and put somewhere else..hmm this is not good

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe you get some money per 1000 page impressions with adsense ads if you have text and image ads enabled in your adsense account.

I'm not quite sure how that works though. I wish that I could be a little more help with that. Maybe someone will pop in with a good response.

Welcome to HubPages!!

ProCW

1. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ProCW and others you only get paid if someone clicks an Adsene ad on your page when your ID is being used (which is 60% of the time -the 40% of the time the click will got to hubpages).  You get nothing for page views.
        Do NOT click your own ads or get your firends to do so - you will get your Adsense account banned and that will be the end of Adsense for you - and it is easiest way to make money here. 

There is no typical amount earned  I make about $30/month for 12,000 impressions overall but must of that is from 6 or less hubs of the over 70 that I have.  The amount varies dramatically depending on your topic and the amount of search engine traffic you get

2. HiddenCrimson profile image61
    HiddenCrimsonposted 15 years ago

When someone clicks on an ad, you get money. A pageview is when someone views your Hub. And what exactly do you mean by forwarding to your link?

3. agrovertic profile image39
    agroverticposted 15 years ago

sad( guys really need your help how do you guys do that i mean search on other site,can you guys give some tips on how to do that??

4. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Doing searches like that involves access to many millions of dollars worth of computing equipment, as well as the ability to cut and paste.

But it's getting worse for you agrovertic!

A fellow called Brian the Brain, on Yahoo Answers, has also published some of  the content of your hub, http://hubpages.com/hub/forexbroker  in his post on Yahoo answers at
    http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/in … 120AAgBGKU

And what's worse, he has used a time machine to go back 3 months and publish the content that you only wrote a day ago.

Wow. I wonder how he did THAT ! yikes yikes

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Consider yourself officially nominated for the condescending vagina club Eric smile

Hmmm. that's the second time I've been nominated for that club in as many days.
        However, I generally follow the Groucho Marx rule, and don't join clubs that would have someone like me as a member lol

OK Mark, you scared the heck out of me. No more being condescending.

@ agrovertic.
        Yes, do some research.
        Write your own hub content.
        Don't use things written by other people and put your name on it.

5. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

big_smile

6. agrovertic profile image39

Duhhhhh i guess i need to do some research before create new hub

1. premsingh profile image59
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you fail to understand what Eric is trying to pinpoint. If information published on other sites is same as in your hubs and that has been published earlier than your hubs, it simply means you need not do any research but unpublish your hubs. Other hubbers may flag your hub or HP may delete your hubs if they find it copied content.

Ok clear and noted and thanks for being honest

7. agrovertic profile image39

Anyway guys just wanna ask you all something? is it true a guy like me who is not a real Arthur is prohibited from joining the hubpages?? is there any rules or terms that only the real Arthur can participate with this site? because what i can see here there is a lots of real Arthur i guess..and is it true only intelligent will succeed?...uneducated like me will stay behind? sad

Agrovertic,

What is a "Real Arthur" ?? I've never heard that before.

People at Hubpages will help you if you show that you are honest, genuine, and willing to learn.

Find out more about some topics in which you are interested, and write hubs about them in your own words.
      Read other people hubs, and learn more about the English language if that is your goal.

All the best.

typo it was author anyway sorry sir,yes i willing to learn and hope you guys can help and guide me due to im not really good in english,actually this is what the ebook that i bought teach me on how to do it but i not purposely to steal don't get me wrong it just get some summary and edit a bit but if that is a offend,gosh im outta here don't know what to do and how to do it. actually i saw so many publisher out there who using a same article, sometimes more than 10's publisher and the site is in the second row of the search engine but again i really appreciate you guys coz you guys are honest and willing to help me. i really thankful to you guys otherwise i will follow my wave like no one business...sad

Again to all hubbers here trust me i never and ever steal or miss use your article and never did that since i joining the hubpages if you don't you can check is there any of your article has been republish by me,anyway this is a lesson to me and again i willing to learn from the bottom..

8. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I think you missed the sarcasim earlier in the thread: you can't steal other people's content and post it on hubpages or anywhere else on the web.  Its illegal and its called theft and I am sure that your hubs have been flagged for it by now. 

Do you really think we are so stupid that we think someone's whose English is limited in the forums can publish flawless prose in their hubs ?

You don' have to be a real-world professional author to succeed here: you just have to write your own content: try it you will find it improves your English immeasurably

Thanks for the comments and i really appreciate that..it a lesson for me to learn and read more and also to improved my English due to im not a English man

9. profile image53
    sharu1posted 15 years ago

Yes you can save but not all ad, but some of the adds will trouble your account.
    <no signatures please>

Anyway can i compiled all the answer that suite to my keyword from different site and edit it? is this a crime? sorry if i miss interpret your sentence sad

1. profile image0
        Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I am not pretty sure with what you are asking. I would like to know whether you have read the rules http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed I think it will help you to make acceptable hubs.

One more thing, I don't speak English at all in my daily life- at the moment- but it should not be an excuse for taking content from other articles. We are all working towards producing rich content hubs and there are tools that we can use to check spelling and grammar. I usually check my hubs in MS Word before I publish them.

Ronald

1. Lissie profile image76
          Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ronald -  I am really, really impressed - I hadn't picked you weren't a native speaker!  In fact Ive seen a lot worse published by native-speakers!

Agrovertic -  I am no expert but surely if you are writing a paper in your own language you are not allowed to copy large amounts of some other work and pass it off as your own? The rules of copy write and duplicate content are not unique to English.  You can use other material as sources, you can even quote a small amount so long as you attribute the source - the rest needs to be unique content -

1. profile image0
            Ronald Daniarposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Lissie.
            I guess I am not the only person here. There are many other hubbers who don't speak English in their daily life. Thanks for the encouragement. smile

10. Kami Dear profile image60
    Kami Dearposted 15 years ago

Helllo everyone,
                           I want to organize my hubs in three catagaries by this time i tried to do so    but i could not manage that. any suggations will be wellcomed.

11. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Use the "groups" feature on your "My Account" page

1. Kami Dear profile image60
      Kami Dearposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)