God, an Energy?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. repstrydiefly profile image65
    repstrydieflyposted 14 years ago

Have you ever thought of God as an energy? I mean think about it there is positive energy which could be represented by God, and there is negative energy which could be represented by Satan or the evil doer.

So wouldn't following a religion be just like believing a comic book is real, since they both have mythology but are intended to symbolize something real?

Don't we all have consciences that tell us right from wrong? So why do religions try to make up invisible beings to represent this conscience?

Religions could be partially right with the whole "God" and "Satan" concept, for positive thoughts="God talking to us" and negative thoughts="Satan talking to us". The individuals that wrote religious text years ago didn't have a clue about a conscience or things of that nature so they could've just used mythology to symbolize it. So why do many religionists take their books so seriously?

repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also, why do they take their "divine" books so literally, like every word mentions actually means every word?

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, i can't speak for them, but when i was growing up, i took it seriously because i was taught that it was God's word, and if you want to know God's purpose for you, you read his word.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't be so quick to dismiss the writings of old.
      The religion was formed around the writings and it is obvious that these writers if present, they too would reject these religion.

Read the record of Jesus, he rejected christianity even before it began. But in their expected blindness, they boast about him from those same writings which condemn themselves.

Next the writers say all truth and in order to accomplish all things they simply wrote the truth in parables, so that those who are not interested in truth, but religion will be lost as they are in their religion.

The one key to life is finding truth.

kess- ok so do you think that the way they wrote about God and Satan it was symbolism referring to an energy system or the human conscience?

cosette- did you ever feel forced to follow what the preacher or pastor said or did it ever feel like a cult in a way that there was no other way but to follow the church when you were little?

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't give the "GOD" concept any acceptance, so no. smile

cagsil- so you don't think that whoever wrote these corrupted books, as ignorant about life as they were, used symbolism from their imagination to describe something that is real, about the way people think??

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As ignorant, no. I am of the understanding that the only reason for religion is because more than two people got together and made a very huge assumption, that humankind needed to answer to a higher authority, and ran with it. smile

cagsil- ok, I get what you are saying. BUT humankind still answers to an authority regardless of religion, politics, etc.

5. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God is the energy pervading everything.

Its a question of connecting with, relating to that philosophy.Spiritual books try and tickle ones soul, its too deep a connection which cannot be discarded.They enhance and guide ones higher reasoning and belief.

God is a very fine,light love tissue with no beginning and end ,one needs to see god with his spiritual eye.

mohitmisra- So you agree that God is energy? Is it even possible to "see" energy, or do you mean the "spiritual eye" can feel the energy to a higher extent?

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

If I was forced to believe in God (if someone shoved me up against the wall (I should be so lucky wink ) and told me I had to), then this is how I would think of it

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

It always amazes me how the writings of Homer are ignored in religious debate.

There are many parallels within the bible that were clearly taken from his works, including that of rising from the dead.

Of course Homer's Odessey was written before the other book. yikes

What is Homer's Odyssey? I haven't never heard of it, can you please enlighten me?

And what do you think about my question on when they wrote religious scriptures, do you think it was symbolism for energy or conscience?

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Homer Simpson???

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya gotta love Ned Flanders! lol

cagsil- So you think that the ancient writers deliberately wrote a fictional book to claim it true just to control the masses? How did you come to this conclusion?

4. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

I believe in god, whatever that may be. I'm more inclined to believe that god is energy and love, and lives in all of us, rather than a big man whom lives in the sky..

marcel- that could be a possibility, love energy=God and hate energy=Satan. That's another way it could be interpreted.

5. jfreemon profile image60
    jfreemonposted 14 years ago

I love how people dismiss comic books as complete fiction before they dismiss so-called "Holy Books."

What do comic books stand for? Long-forgotten mythology and introspective thoughts about the human soul. Oh, and of course, the morals of a hero.

What do holy books stand for? Long-forgotten mythology and introspective thoughts about the human soul. Oh, and of course, the morals of a hero.

You see where I'm going here?

In my view, God exists in many ways. I wouldn't say God is a person, but I would say he is certainly conscious. I can't say that he's omnipotent, but he is everywhere.

jfreemon- you seem to have comprehended what I was asking about the religious writings=type of comic books. but how could "god" be everywhere, and how do you still believe in a "god" without thinking that "god" is energy? EVERYTHING is made up of energy...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)