an article on abortion in the healthcare bill

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago
  2. AnythingArtzy profile image67
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

reguardless of the what the bill says It is my very strong belief that abortion is MURDER. I don't care about the laws saying a woman has the right to do whatever she wants  with her unborn child OR HER BODY. Pleeeeeeease. it's not HER body she's killing it's her CHILDS.

I could go on and on here and I know I'll probably get slammed but if everyone says Abortion is ok and that an unborn child is not a true life because it is still in the womb then maybe someone can explain to me why there have been people convicted of two homicides when a pregnat woman has been murdered resulting also in the death of the her baby.  We can't have it both ways.

life begins at conception, if you don't think it does explain to me when it starts because as far as I know a dead sperm can't fertilize a dead egg and produce anything. Life begets life.

1. sooner than later profile image59
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree artzy, and so do many around. but watch out, you are going to get "liberated"

1. AnythingArtzy profile image67
        AnythingArtzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure I will Sooner, but It just makes me sick. I wonder how many people who support abortion has actually googled "abortion pics" to see the horror. An nobody can tell me that the child doesn't feel pain. The brain and all nerves are formed AND WORKING within a few weeks. That child is litteraly torn apart in pieces.

I've listend to all the arguments about someone being raped and I'm sure it's a very devestating trauma. I won't belittle it in anyway but it's no excuse for Murder.

Oh boy I'm really gonna get slammed now.

2. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's about conscious thought rather than conception. I'm perfectly fine with abortions if performed for the right reasons. If the baby is aborted without being aware of its current existence it never exists as a conscience, and hence in one sense almost doesn't exist at all.

SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so I take it you don't believe in the soul conscience/consciousness?

3. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not so dogmatic that life begins at conception, but I do believe that abortion should not simply be a right, no questions asked. I am skittish to say the least about being able to abort in late-term also. It is frustrating that this has been pitted as pro-choice versus pro-life, because women do have endemic rights over their own bodies, but that is not the end of the story. Anyway, unlike some other things (gay rights for example), this seems awfully complicated to me

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

If there was only one issue I could make a difference with it would be abortion on demand. This above every other issue proves how uncivilized we really are, forgive us Father.

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

actually, my main reason for posting this article is because it shows the other, many tentacles that strangle our rights further through forcing taxpayer funding of abortion into the bill...if nothing else, that simple fact should enlighten any side of the issue to take a better look at what is coming down the pike...

...its like the left thinks shooting themselves in the foot to keep from feeling the pain in their hand is the answer...forcing everyone to fund abortion takes more liberties and rights
    away from all the people.

You are right and that too makes me angry and sick to think that I will/may be forced to support something I am very much against.
      Our freedom of choice is definitely at stake and if we can't fight against this one what other atrocity will the government force us to support and on and on it goes.

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about war? Results in hundreds of thousands--if not millions--of people being killed. Our taxpayer money is used to fund that, too.

well, you know, i have learned a lot in the last five years...heck, the last two especially. since i got on the constitutional bandwagon, i am seeing that one too, differently, livelonger.

that is why i support getting back to the constitutional way of doing things...wars are suppose to be declared and congressionally voted upon and defined...that hasn't been done according to the Constitution

1. livelonger profile image86
            livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not talking about process. I'm talking about the murder of thousands/millions of people. That is morally wrong, isn't it?

2. AnythingArtzy profile image67

Unfortunately War is an unavoidable necessity since the beginning of time but I do agree that if you oppose it you should not have to fund it.

5. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

There will never be a consensus on this issue.  Ultimately one has to make their own choices and mistakes. When the Religious Right tries to remove ones Free Agency they are playing God just as much as the Liberal Left who wants to act like it's no big deal.

I am for the individuals choice.  I am not for tax payer money paying for abortion, but I am also not for restricting access to abortion health services.

People have got to be free to decide for themselves.  Unfortunately many on the Religious right want to FORCE people to believe like they do. People with no God Affiliation want this to seem like it's nothing more than taking a pill for a headache.

People are not God.  And it's not up to them to play God. The abortion decision is between the individuals involved and their belief systems.

Why is it that people attack the "religious" sec when ever this comes up? It is morally and lawfully wrong to murder. Whoever allowed it to be legal to do so did it not under a moral standing but a popular one. It's all political. People can give all the excuses they want why it's OKay to kill your child but it comes down to this. Moral and Individual responsibility for your actions. there are more than enough FREE birth control methods available so I don't buy into the excuse of killing it because you can't afford to raise the child. And if the financial status of a parent is  grounds for lawfully killing their child then God Help us because we may just see a lot of it in the present day economy. Hey it's their child right? why should it matter if it's in the womb or not.

6. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Abortion is murder. BUT sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind. It's better for a child to not be born, if the child is going to be bought up by parents whom arnt able to support their child and give them everything they deserve.

Besides, a soul can never die. The soul of a terminated child will be reborn again in another body.

but the soul has bonded with its own growing body...imagine the torture of being aborted....and its ok, as if a life can just simply be thrown away because it will have another chance at life...every life is important to that soul...

7. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Everybody on this PLANET has a right to their own Belief system.  And just because one person "Believes" abortion is murder doesn't mean another person does.

This is a RELIGIOUS issue for those who believe it is, and is not for those who do not.

People will always try to speak for the God they believe in.  But the only person who can speak for God is God.  And the only person who can speak for You is You.

It doesn't matter what You believe, it matters what the people who are actually contemplating this system believe.

I have yet to know of a single person who thought that God would punish them because of the actions of another person.

Cut and dried.  Let those who are involved make the decision.

Get the Government out of the issue entirely. You can not represent two masters and the Government can not represent both sides.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)