Psychic Readings and how they work!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (62 posts)
  1. jenniferoutwater profile image59
    jenniferoutwaterposted 14 years ago

Everyday I hear the same questions from new clients about Psychic ability and how we work.  So I though I would try to address some of those topics here.

One question I often get is:

1)How can you give accurate readings over the phone?  For me, it is about tapping into source.  Personally I don't use Tarot cards or other tools of divination.  I connect with my Guide Karen and then split my energetic.  For those familiar with Quantum Physics this will make perfect sense.  If you are not familiar with what this is, just Google it and you should get all the info you can handle.

2)How do I connect to the other side when doing crossing over sessions or when working with murder investigation?  The answer is I don't know! Now I am sure many of you are saying "what?"  But the truth is that I don't understand it all and how it works I seem to be a live wire of open communication.  Although depending on my state of mine, sometimes are harder than others.

3) Have you always been psychic?  I guess so!  I never studied, or tried to advance any type of medium skills.  I grew up very religious and was shunned by my family for what I saw and heard.  So I can tell you that although I am aware I choose this in a pre-existent realm, I sure didn't choose to be odd and different on purpose. smile

I hope this helps answer some questions.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What your web site?  nice eyes, they have a depth in it.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not against being psychic or giving psychic readings. However you are breaking one of Hubpages rules.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
          TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand. What rule is being broken here? She hasn't posted a link that I can see?

1. profile image0

So you don't think she wants email requesting readings?
            Or a search on her name to find her website?
            Hubpages rules says no promotions OR links

Please note that advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links

Pretty face drawing you in?

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. profile image56
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm familiar with it and what you  said makes no sense at all, it's merely gibberish.

That would explain a lot.

Snakeoil.

4. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever been wrong in your predictions?

jenniferoutwaterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course I have.  When I let ego get in the way instead of listening to source and spirit.  Everyone is wrong sometimes and I am no exception.  I try really  hard not to work with predictions, but more with present issues.  I love being able to help guide and give advice to others.  Whether it is right for them or if they follow it is completely up to them, but I try to offer the best help I can.  Take what you will and leave the rest behind.Right?  Since everyone's truth is individual, mine may not suite everyone all the time.

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you do readings for someone and the reading you give is false, how do you make it right?

First let me say that I am not here to give readings, simply to use this as an outlet to answer questions. 

If the information I give is incorrect, then obviously I don't charge. 

Q

Nice job spelling thesis or as you put it (theses)..smile

5. double_frick profile image61
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

strange how someone can assume they can educate or illuminate a subject they themselves are in the dark about.
      even though you are a self-proclaimed psychic, it seems, you haven't a clue the mechanics of it.
      so you made a post about explaining how psychic readings work and then contradict yourself by basically saying that you don't know how you just do it.
      i don't doubt in psychic powers, i don't care enough to even doubt yours, you don't always need to know how something works to use it.

6. marinealways24 profile image58
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think 99% of psychics are a hoax. I would be highly impressed if you had any capability to read me.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I see a banishment in your future.

Nice response.  It shows all your warmth and compassion and I thank you for taking the time to leave it. smile

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol big_smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Jennifer, as you know there will always be detractors and rudeness, etc. Not everyone who posts is here to mock or deride. Just because I'm not sure or don't understand doesn't mean that I should display my ignorance in front of tens of thousands of people by ridiculing.

Your explanation was great.

Thanks.

Thanks to both of you.. If you have questions just ask.  I never pretend to know something I don't or give answers just to have something to say.smile I will answer truthfully anything you ask.

1. profile image56

But, you did. You said:

"jenniferoutwater wrote:

I connect with my Guide Karen and then split my energetic.  For those familiar with Quantum Physics this will make perfect sense."

I would very much like to hear how that works with Quantum Physics? Could you please provide the math, too?

However, I feel I must be having a psychic moment and am predicting no such explanation will be forthcoming, yes?

Q

"In the realm of quantum physics, observing something actually influences the physical processes taking place. Light waves act like particles and particles act like waves (called wave particle duality). Matter can go from one spot to another without moving through the intervening space (called quantum tunnelling). Information moves instantly across vast distances. In fact, in quantum mechanics we discover that the entire universe is actually a series of probabilities." (I used quantum as an example to best explain how I understand receiving information, not to give a science lesson)

Your assumptions that everyone must be dishonest or an idot only makes you come off as someone who dislikes any opinion but his own.  Although engaging with your comments might prove to be fun for some people, they simply are a waste of time to me. I'm sure you can find more than enough people to argue with, however I really don't have time to play that game with you. Sorry.

1. DogSiDaed profile image60

Ok, I do Physics, and I have no problem with wave particle duality, but none of what you've said ties up with being psychic in any way. All scam merchants use the word 'Quantum' to make things sound rational/better. Hell even our dishwasher tablets have 'quantum' written on them, and I'm pretty sure they don't have super cognitive powers.

2. profile image56

Your copy/paste of the above paragraph demonstrates you really have no idea what you're talking about and are just trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Sorry, charlatans like yourself are easy to expose.

People who comment on things they don't know anything about infuriate those who do, especially when the subject matter is something they spent years studying and working. Those who haven't a clue insult those who do. Understand?

Agreed. Every single snakeoil salesman who does get exposed considers those who are offended by them a waste of their time.

That's too bad, isn't it? Continue down your path of charlatanism with science and I'll be there at every turn.

Although, you are free to ramble the rubbish you've been spouting, just leave out the science and you can delude others to your black hearts content.

2. profile image56

Really? So, by your own words, you don't understand, yet you're placing yourself in the position of judging.

Did it occur to you that perhaps people who do understand the theories others connect to their own pseudo-science are offended? That perhaps, the years they spent in school conducting experiments and writing theses weren't wasted as others mock and deride their work by lumping it in with the snakeoil sold by charlatans.

Nah, we'll just sit back and let them continue to display their ignorance in front of tens of thousands...

4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Good detail.  Still wish I knew more. Thanks.

5. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I don't know much about Quantum Physics, bur I never heard it has to do with 'Spiritual' guides!
    hmm
    yikes

6. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

Ok Jennifer, a question for you. I had a loss very recently, within the last week. Who was it and what was their name? smile

I will be happy to provide some information should you need it, but nothing that will give it away.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A couple of months ago ?

No, within the last week...

I'm trying to help the OP
          lol

Hahaa don't make her mistakes for her wink

2. jenniferoutwater profile image59

Sadly I can't answer that in this forum.  That is not what I am here to do and it violates the rules.  I'm sorry.

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dang. I was going to ask you when I was going to experience major success.

7. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Well, now she knows it's been within the last week
    lol

I already told her that in my original post anyway, so it hasn't helped her much tongue

lol lol lol
        You're right!
        I'm blinded by your.....Maybe hmm
        lol

8. salt profile image59
    saltposted 14 years ago

if anyone is psychic and able to tell me who stole my car, took my clothes, suitcase and alot of personal items from it, then returned the car over the road without all my things.. I would love them forever.. well almost..

It was taken in the last week of October last year and the year before, another bag with alot of personal items went from another small car we had.

9. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Hi jenniferoutwater, don't worry too much about the negativity you may be getting from some people on this thread.

If you are sincere in what you do and are genuinely trying to help people, what other people think doesn't matter.

Thank you CMHypno.  This is just part of it! smile  I don't let others get to me on that level.  I'm glad everyone has such varied opinions,it is what makes this experience so colorful..

Wishing you a wonderful day!

2. profile image56

Snakeoil salesmen are rarely if ever sincere.

10. profile image0
    Minnalousheposted 14 years ago

For the "physicists" who take afront in reality being much broader than currently conceived, I recommend Entangled Minds to update the implications of what they may already know. Or not.

1. profile image56

What IS known about Dean Radin and the Institute of Noetic Sciences is that Dean is a quack and the Institute doesn't really have anything to do with science. Specious, at best.

1. profile image0
        Minnalousheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sources please? Radin, for anyone with an open mind, which doesn't include science "dogmatists", has done very rigorous studies which pretty much put the matter to rest. His sources are listed extensively and defined meticulously in the reference I gave above. Where did you arrive with your knee jerk reactions? Just curious ;-)

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha big_smile

i was actually reading a psychic website one day when i was investigating that numerology stuff for fun. anyway, this one site said that a true psychic never does readings over the phone or in email. it said they need to see you in person to connect with you.

1. profile image56
    2. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

You never got a reading from Miss Cleo.
        Miss Cleo was an actress, not a reader.

1. double_frick profile image61
          double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

isn't miss cleo going by mother sekhmet now? or supposedly she is channeling the being or group soul that claims to be mother sekhmet.

interesting stuff, but i couldn't get past the part about Miss Cleo!

3. profile image0

John Edward and other telepsychics use this "20 questions" technique. i think there are a few true psychics out there with profound abilities - people who help detectives solve crimes etc. but they don't frequent online worlds or want money for their gifts.

1. profile image56

Not a chance. That would make the brain out as something it isn't. And of course, everyone who has claimed to be a psychic and has been tested for it, failed miserably.

1. profile image0

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!.
          The information comes through the mind..
          and we do not use all of our brain.
          The Brain does not stop in the head. It runs through your ten cranial nerves and the spinal cord.

Police have used psychics many times with success.

1. profile image0

After the Balloon Boy incident, I watched the Heene's Wife Swap episodes on YouTube and afterwards watched several other wife swap shows. A man (who was a psychic) was hired by a local police department for his abilities.

2. profile image56

How is one to respond to such a definitive?

Wonderful! So what?

Really? So, when you stomp in here with size 14 army boots parading around shouting "Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!" did you actually do any homework to find out if indeed "Police have used psychics many times with success?"

They don't, you know? In fact, information provided freely by psychics to police were no more helpful than anyone else and in some cases, worse.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
              Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And your sources to verfy this info are????....

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
                greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

my opinion i think everyone knows my opinion on psychics...

1. profile image0

Actually, I don't. Never met you before. I take it's in the negative though.

1. yoshi97 profile image57
                    yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe in psychics, but I won't call them out on the carpet as I can't offer the proof necessary to totally debunk them scientifically - though I believe a true psychic would have no need to advertise their talent as they would be found instantly by others who discovered their talents and would be kept endlessly busy.

If anything, the gift would become a curse as people asked who was going to win the football game Sunday night, what the next winning lottery number would be, and if they would be getting married in the next 10 years.

However ... I do believe in hyper-intuition. For the record, hyper-intuition is NOT a psychic ability and really can't be classified as a gift. It's the ability to assemble meager facts around you and come up with a conclusion that others don't see coming.

As an example ... I'm really good at predicting when a couple will break up, weeks before it occurs. Now, I don't channel any spiritual guide or know things others don't - I just observe people very carefully and I can see the telltale signs of relationships on the ropes, often before others can detect them.

Simple little things ... like a couple sitting further apart than normal, not looking into each others eyes very much, and speaking more of their own lives than their moments together.

Many people are hyper-intuitive and don't even know it ... some even delude themselves into believing they are psychics. But in the end, being hyper-intuitive is NOT being able to predict the future ... it's reading the many cues in life that others seem to miss. smile

1. yoshi97 profile image57
                      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And as far as psychic detectives go ... they ask for clues from the crime and work with those clues, telling everyone they are channeling energy from the objects.

Truth be told ... the ones that do actually manage to solve some crimes are nothing more than hyper-intuitive, managing to put the meager clues together to solve the crime while believing they did so by an energy from another realm.

2. profile image56

The police, of course. Where else?

4. profile image0

actually, Glass, it's pretty obvious this thread is a case of self-promotion. that's how i saw it anyway. she's just a tad more subtle about it.

5. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

I am too psychic to think she isn't promoting herself. big_smiletongue

6. profile image0

well, maybe they just have advanced intuitive abilities then.

1. profile image56

Perhaps, but there wouldn't be anything extraordinary about their brains or it's limitations. It's not like they developed or evolved something different than anyone else.

7. double_frick profile image61
      double_frickposted 14 years ago

i can say, yoshi, i'm psychic for MYSELF a good amount of the time. how much of that can truly be chalked up to psychic powers, i don't know. pristine observational skills, yes. i believe that i'm 'hyper intuitive' and that i can sense others feelings and honestly can't figure out whether i predict people coming into my life or will it so. hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)