INSANITY

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

The definition of insanity is continually doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Do you have any definitions of insanity and what it means to you?

I think insanity is the continuous horror of a plumbers crack.

Please define your theory.

Thank you

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lmao well if thats insanity then I think  a whole lot of people are I mean we are after all humans and we sometimes take a bit of time learning things whether it be making the same mistake 5 7 or 10 times before we finally go OHHHHHHH DUH!! haha! some people learn quicker then others and some people learn it right away.. so I think calling someone or labeling them something for whatever reason is wrong.. we all learn in our own way=)

2. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I prefer insanity to normality.

For me insanity is the best state of mind.

2. profile image0

Can we learn if our behavior relates to insanity.

I also think insanity is the number of posts I have made in the forums.  That's Insane!!!!!!

lol... a lot of things I say are insane on a daily basis but thats just because I dunno I say it more out of habit now... but the word itself I always thought was sort of funny i a way but of course not if someone really is because then that is rather sad... but ppl still do crazy stuff whether they are nuts or not lol

2. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you do post a lot, but i do not think you are insane, certainly highly motivated, and creative...... insanity is not us!!!!!!! We just need to connect and we like to also, what is wrong with that?

I agree with this statement.... I to like to talk a lot now I just need to put some it into a hub LOL

3. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Heck, Then I must be completely insane  .-.  I always try, Try again.

lol

4. profile image49
    curioxatposted 14 years ago

I always think of the woman in 'The Yellow Wallpaper' - shes goes so mad and insane locked in a room by here husband, that she starts seeing things in the wallpaper.

5. dave272727 profile image60
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

A cycle of repetition that can't be broken by choice or chance.  Always having to be at the same place at the same time.  Or Doing things that you don't like with people that you can't stand.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Is this insanity or martyrdom or masochism? smile

6. dave272727 profile image60
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

People searching for love on Hubpages forums

someone who runs down the street butt nekkid with a gallon of milk a chicken and all while singing the blues hehe

2. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile have to agree with that!
      Also,  thinking they've found their 'soul' mate just by looking at your pic or avatar! roll

lol.. I think that sort of runs along the same lines of them tv shows that they play on tv dont ya think? ya know the ones where they have the groups of people and one by one they get eliminated until theres one left who gets the guy or girl? even when I was younger I couldnt help but think to myself is this what humanity has been reduced to? is people thinking they can find REAL love like this? just weird I mean what happened to good old fashioned ways anymore ya know where you really get to know someone for quite a while and mutual feelings develop... chemistry and friendship.. seems some people just want to jump to the first thing they feel.. hah that didnt sound right but whatever you know what I mean LOL

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

does this mean you don't love me anymore?
        lol

1. dave272727 profile image60
          dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just not in the forums wink

7. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 14 years ago

insanity is thinking that you can fix other people.

insanity is thinking there is a fix.

8. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

The word insanity to me means  it is a state of mind where someone is not responsible for what he or she has done, this is in the legal sense used, when someone does something illegal, and is let off on the ground of "insanity".In other words, the Judge finds that the person was not physically aware of what they were doing at the time and there not responsible for the crime.
    In the medical sense, it is a psychotic problem where a person can't detemine the difference between what is and isn't real. These people  often have problems with hallucinations: which are when they see and hear things that are not really there. An example would be : hearing voices, or thinking bugs are crawling on them when they are not. People with hallucinations believe that the things they are seeing are real and react in a way as if they are real. This is a pretty straight forward idea of insanity in my book  Beautybabe.

9. profile image0

INSANITY is not being able to stop posting in the kissing forum.  yikes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)