A Time Of Death what Do You Expect To See....

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

I am a devout Christian however I often times wonder what it is going to be like when I cross over. In your opinion what do you think it will be like???

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just might be standing in front of Allah trying to explain why you're a Christian.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Allah is  Jevovah the only difference is in the name.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning/ afternoon mohitsmira I have just had a thought concerning what I have been hearing you say. Excuse me if I have taken your thoughts out of context. I have not thought this idea all of the way through. One of those spur of the moment comments.
             In the beginning was GOD. God spoke the word and everything was created. If we are of God?  Upon the death of this physical body our spirit that is of God is fully realized (released)? Would we then not have at least some of these creative abilities.
             Would we then be able to create a heaven of our own choosing?
          If this were true we would have to remember that what one person might see as a heaven might be seen as HELL for another.
             I am not stating this as a fact... but as a Question ...

What is your thoughts on this analysis?

Good morning Jeramai.
            I like your intelligence.You are correct when you say we will have creative abilities as we die and our spirit or soul merges with god.One becomes god in totality ,the divine light.

Whatever you think of will materialize, thoughts are your building blocks.

In fact total control but the light or heaven cannot be mistaken for anything but that, it is pure endless love, bliss , ecstasy ,paradise something we cannot compare anything on earth with. smile

I thank god people like you are here on this forum, otherwise I would have left.

In fact even now god is within you and you are creating your self and  world around you.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

You can sit next to Jesus in the kingdom of god the Light as you are the Light.
      The Light is our source and we all come and go back to it, death is the passage,absolute bliss.

3. aware profile image66
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a voice will echo . it will ask are you done yet? my answer will be no . the voice will say then buckle up . live again .

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi! I haven't seen you in a close up pic before now.

So, you're not imagining an afterlife, so much as a reincarnation type thing? And the choice is yours.

1. aware profile image66
          awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

metamorphosis its real.

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Well, if you are right and the one religion you chose out of all the rest is correct, you'll have lots of bright light, maybe some harp music, some divine beings in robes or that are too bright to fathom, and lots of company to hang out with that were completely unbearable as company on Earth, being so judgmental and incapable of having a good time as to make them nauseating, but who can quote scripture with you for all of eternity until you all can recite that thing by heart and have nothing left to do but sit there and revel in how pure you are etc.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Took the words right out of my mouth! lol

Are you trying to describe heaven, or hell?

There's a difference? lol

I don't think hell would be polluted by a cloud of smug.

lol lol lol

Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does seem to cry for closer scrutiny, don't it.

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What if we will be judged in exact proportion as to how  we have judged our fellow man/woman??
                What if our punishment is with the same hammer that we use to carry out our judgment upon others??
                What if we create our own hell according to what we would inflict upon those that we have judged .

What if we are our own judge; but we have no choice in being impartial.

This is what Neale Donald Walsh says we create what we want, if we think of hell when we die we will create a hell.If you thing of nothing you will create nothing.

Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          2. wyanjen profile image70

That would depend on whether a person thinks that reveling in purity is a fun way to spend a Friday night.
            cough *smug* cough
            smile

3. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

Complete darkness as I fall asleep; followed seemingly almost immediately by an experience I can't even fathom to describe.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mhmm.

i think after you leave this earthly plane and travel to your next life, God (not the Christian God but a divine spiritual entity) lets you see unfathomable sights firsthand like star nurseries and other things too astounding and beautiful to be comprehended, and that's ok because you won't remember it in your next life. and if you do, no one will believe you anyway wink

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I don't "expect to see" anything. Mostly because I do not "expect" to take my eyes with me. Last time I checked, every body who has died ever has left them behind.

Fairy tales notwithstanding...... wink

I do not "expect" anything because no one has ever come back and the people who tell me they know what goes on after you die have a pretty flaky basis for claiming that "knowledge."

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool

2. profile image49
      ATXposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't you have just said, nothing!

1. Cagsil profile image72
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't you have said nothing about what Mark said?

He was simply stating what he has come to understand. No different than that of anyone else here. It is an open forum.

Just a thought? smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. I don't "expect to see" nothing either. wink

I really do not expect my personality to continue  after I die, and the ludicrous party with jesus will have to get along without me. lol

Too bad really - I can be fun when I want to. Not getting that vibe from many of the religionists............

I will be pleasantly surprised if my personality does continue, but it seems unlikely somehow. I certainly do not expect my earthly senses to function - seeing as I will be leaving the equipment for that behind also.

3. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark good points you have made LOL

5. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Truth teaches a man that death is nothing and therefore in the realization of this nothing is the very good thing that he uses to step into eternal life.

Those that understand this do not prepare neither do they fear death, for the knowledge of truth taught them that they will never die.

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I hope to see my deceased loved ones.

7. thekidandblue profile image61
    thekidandblueposted 14 years ago

I believe nothing happens once you die.

8. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Religion thread is pretty tempting hehehe...

My reply is from the old song "The Way It Used to Be " hehehe big_smile

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

It seems that everyone that believes in God will tell ya that with God all things are possible.

BUT.....   Any opinion other than mine is totally wrong !!!

WHY does everything have to be either this is true or  that is true but not both ??   What happened to all things are possible with God?

10. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I don't really EXPECT anything, although I have a few different scenarios I've run through in my head before.

I guess the one I truly believe is that I will either be reincarnated or my spirit will go to the Summer Land. I believe reincarnation would be something like:

I close my eyes and die. I open my eyes to see a doctor pulling me out of my new mother. The bright light blinds me and makes me lose all of my past memories. I begin anew.

If my spirit goes to the Summer Land, all of my memories from this life and past lives will return to me. I will spend eternity knowing that I fulfilled my life's goals, in a beautiful land untouched by human beings.

Of course, there is always the chance that my spirit will stay on Earth, doomed to repeat my final hours over and over again in the presence of human beings who cannot and will not do anything to help me leave this Earth.

11. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

i hope to go open minded and not afraid. i have many fancy ideas and hopes . and if in the end there's only darkness and finality. ill be none the wiser

12. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Iv'e had a near death experience.

I was rafting with my lunatic army aunty..We were bored one day, i was about 15, she was about 28, so we went to a garage, got some rubber tyre innners, blew them up, tied them together, and that was our raft.

We took it down a river, a pretty swift one, we were hanging on for dear life. Until our raft smashed against a rock and i fell off. I was sucked under the water in a whirlpool, fighting to get back up to the surface, and my head smashed against the rock. I began to loose conciousness as i was being pulled down into the whirlpool. I stopped fighting as i realized, 'so this is death, how glorious.' The love in my life flashed before my eyes, my parents, my sisters, my pets, and drowning truly is the most peaceful way to die, it is true, i accepted death. But the pool eventually spat me out.

I'll never forget the  look on my aunties face when i surfaced, it was a look of sheer terror. She too thought i was a goner, and she said that her life had flashed before her eyes also..Ans she was thinking, 'how am i going to tell Marcel's parents that i am responsible for her death.'

I saw light, and i know for a fact that there is something beyond this world.

13. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

Sometimes I think we're dead now and everything is just an illusion, a preview of things to come. Then when we "die" we're actually being born.

Then I realize it's time for my medication.

lol
      I once wrote a short story about it!  lol
      and I don't need any medication...I think ?
      lol

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool! Wish I could read the story. smile

Here's another option:

When we're awake, we're actually dreaming and when we fall asleep we're actually returning to reality.

Or maybe I just need the dosages for my meds adjusted.

lol
          forget the meds !!
          It's a pity the story is written in Spanish. Maybe one day I'll translate it. But not now. I'm so lazy !

14. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I got sent back last time.... not becoz I was a non beleiver; but becoz someone had to get the beers lol

15. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Darkness...

16. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think we will be reincarnated as aliens to come back and spy on earth from a different perspective of intelligence so we can fully realize how stupid we are and was as humans. lol

I'm jk. It could happen though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)