The absolute knowledge of the absolute God is impossible

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (50 posts)
  1. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

The day represent God and eternal nature. The sun is
    The christ as the center.

The night is the darkness and its eternal nature. The moon as the antichrist and ruler.

The Stars as the children of God. They are ruled over by the moon as he reflect the light of the sun.

His light is not life giving but brings death.
    His light is governed mainly by the earth, the prince of darkness and the sun the Christ.

The dusk represent the begining of this creation.
    Light entering darkness of the water and earth.
    Them the sons of God appear in the sky as the stars.

They are ruled over by the anti light from the moon. The light of the stars are self originating self sustaining, thus making them superior to that light of the moon.

The dawn represent the end of this age. Where the light of the sun fills all and the darkness is driven away.
    They all have merged with the light becoming one

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Scripture please.
    And with context.

1. mohitmisra profile image58
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have never heard "The kingdom of god is within" Jesus
      or "I tell ye you are all gods" Jesus

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I tell you you are judges." Jesus Christ.

And the saints will judge the earth.

Except a man be born again He shall in no wise see the kingdom of God.

And there is no other name given under heaven whereby men shall be saved.

3. profile image0

Yes.
    Jesus meant He IS the Kingdom.
    And the "little gods" theory is just that----a theory thought up by people with god delusions or delusions of grandeur.

He meant this for all humans, meditate and you will see this truth that ancient msytics have been talking about much earlier than Jesus.

This is the message of all enlightened ones.The crux of Christianity as well.

If god is ominpresent then he is in all things.

1. profile image0

According to this, I flushed God down the commode earlier today.

Yes you did , all is god.

Psalm 82:6 and says, "Hasn't it been written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'? Jesus

So you worship a god who is not omnipresent ? That cannot be god.

What is the meaning of god is omnipresent,omnipotent and omniscient. ?

1. profile image0

Omnipresent doesn't mean in everyhting. It means He is everywhere.

Present everywhere means not in it ?

1. profile image0

Now you got it.

Hello sir Dent  you dont get it.If god is present everywhere means he is in everything as well simple.

How can he be in everywhere and not in everything, totally contradictory.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/omnipresent
                  esp of a deity) present in all places at the same time
                  omnipresence

1. profile image0

I am in the earth, but not the earth. I am in my house at this time but I am not the house nor is the house me. The contradiction is in your mind.

I ate a fudge brownie earlier. Does that make me a cannibal?

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
                    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think sirdent is correct on this one....

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

No, but you flush something that is a part of God...

2. mohitmisra profile image58

Psalm 82:6 and says, "Hasn't it been written in your Law, 'I said, you are gods'? Jesus

He said this when he was being ridiculed.tried to get some sense into those who were ridiculing him.

4. profile image0

Interesting, plenty of room to discuss, though.
    Maybe I'll try to catch ya another time.
    Too sleepy now...

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

I have time for one more post.

If I held an ant in one hand and convered it with the other hand, would I then be in the ant? Though I would be omnipresent to the ant, I would not be in the ant.

Good night everyone.

everywhere means everything

1. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

eve⋅ry⋅where  /ˈɛvriˌʰwɛər, -ˌwɛər/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [ev-ree-hwair, -wair]  Show IPA
        Use EVERYWHERE in a Sentence
        See images of EVERYWHERE
        Search EVERYWHERE on the Web
        –adverb in every place or part; in all places.

eve⋅ry⋅thing  /ˈɛvriˌθɪŋ/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [ev-ree-thing]  Show IPA
        Use EVERYthing in a Sentence
        See images of EVERYthing
        Search EVERYthing on the Web
        –pronoun 1. every thing or particular of an aggregate or total; all.
        2. something extremely important: This news means everything to us. 

–noun 3. something that is extremely or most important: Money is his everything. 

Can you see the difference? http://dictionary.reference.com

If something is everywhere it is not in everything?

–adverb in every place or part; in all places. NO PLACE WHERE HE DOESNT EXIST

–pronoun 1. every thing or particular of an aggregate or total; all. ALL THINGS

Everywhere means in everything.Everywhere in all places nothing that it doesnt exist in.Meaning existing in all things, in every thing
          How can god be everywhere but not in some thing?
          Whats the joke?
          This is the very basics of god.This is one big problem with this planet today many who have no idea of god claim to be preachers and authorities on god.

1. profile image0

I can't put it any plainer that what I did.

In all places means in every thing , have explained to you yet you insist you are correct?
              everything can be the whole and every thing can be every single thing as well.All things,try using some logic.You dont want to learn.

Lets take a glass of water what you are saying is the glass is god but not the water within? Then god is not omnipresent , this even a 6 year old can understand.

6. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Why is God a "HE"?
    Why does God take such pains to hide himself?
    Why cant you cook meat and fish together?
    I was walking in a forest and a tree fell.I didn't hear it...

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

God isn't a He but calling God father and he made it easier for men to be superior to women back in the day. The Title stuck and so did the patriarchal society.

God doesn't hide we dont comprehend seeing God...When we see God we can't understand or percieve the sight.

the meat ends up tasting of fish.

YOU DEAF!!!  wink

1. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAT???!!!

LOL

I said LOL

1. cheaptrick profile image75
              cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your pretty cool M...Night.

7. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

You can only have this knowledge by being it.  The Absolute is a state of consciousness and not something that is fathomable by the ordinary mind.  Meaning you have to be out of it totally.  the Absolute is pre manifest state.  It's not physical.  This world is physical and fallen.

It is not impossible to attain, yet it's totally impossible if you attempt to achieve this through biblical studies!  There is knowledge = bible studies or university degrees, and thee is knowledge = experience.  The experience is where the term Absolute is given integrity.  You have to walk the same path as 'Jesus' to come close to achieving this.  It's not enough to read about it, you have to alter your entire perception of the human physical standpoint.

Using the term Absolute when speaking about God to mainstream Christians is a recipe for disaster leading to a total misunderstanding of what that term really means.  If you want to bridge Hindu terms to Christianity, you need major context. If not, expect stupid circular answers to what is a very big subject.

LOL sounds like the voice of experience to me... You get one of the t-shirts too?

1. Jewels profile image84
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fill me in on the t-shirt?

"Been there done that, and I have the T-shirt to prove it." -is an expression here in the States... It has been shortened down to a reference of a t-shirt... but it conveys a shared experience or just an experience. (it was started because of the 't-shirts' millions of tourists buy when they go to some famous place as a souvenir of that visit.)

1. Jewels profile image84
            Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhhh! Thankyou Mikel

2. mohitmisra profile image58

Nicely said the experience is what really matters.No amount of reading will give one the understanding and knowledge that the experience imparts.Also one will never really understand the holy scriptures properly without this experience.

8. beebong profile image57
    beebongposted 14 years ago

Its a journey..try looking at my Hubs and there you will find knowledge and clues as to the mystery,,,:-) its fasinating!

We are all on the same journey so lets share and explore together.

9. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

A god limited by human cultural perceptions of what s/he is cannot be the All.

The Qabala speaks of the three veils of negative existence: Ain ("Light") Ain Soph ("Without Limit"), and Ain Soph Aur ("Limitless Light"). These concentrate their force into Kether, the first sphere of the Qabalistic Tree of Life. The spheres of the Tree manifest as the names and aspects of YHWH in the Jewish system or as the various god forms of the diverse pantheons of other religion. However the Source remains hidden behind the veils.

The light is the basic fabric of our universe of ourselves, it permeates everything and is intelligent , and
      pure love. God is this Light.

"We are constantly fighting like cats and dogs ,
      Reality is covered by some strange fog."
      There is wisdom in the Qabala
      Thank you WriteAngled for adding this point of view. smile

10. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Because I'm drawn to Egypt, I sometimes use the following analogy:

I imagine myself within a great pyramid of crystal. Pure light streams into the pyramid through its apex. The light bounces off and is refracted through the crystal. Thus it is split in every possible shade of colour, i.e. various god forms. One of these colours resonates deeply within my soul. This is the god form that is my personal contact. This is the entity with which I can have a relationship. Nevertheless, I remain aware that this is only part of the One, which I cannot comprehend due to the limitations of being human.

I call that a religious language, it is the language you can speak, God is fluent in them all... But we both know your smarter than me, so your probably right... or maybe it is just a matter of perception, or perspective...

1. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no smart and smarter, no wrong or right. We use whatever words we find, metaphors, images, music to express our experience of a miniscule part of something that is beyond expression.

See I told you  you were smarter than me....wink

2. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. To change the world a little bit...
          There can never be an absolute knowledge, by any human being, of something that is infinate.

11. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

That 'God form" would be seen as an emanation of the Absolute in Hindu teachings.  In spiritual realms (accessible via our introversion, or involution, or meditation practices or Third Eye practices, there is a plethora of spaces, presences and experiences to be seen/sensed.  Tangibly accessible.  In practices, our ability to 'have a relationship' is not a vague concept but a perceptible one.  I personally don't use an imagination technique.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)