someone copied my hub

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (57 posts)
  1. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Does anyone know what the heck Zuzutop.com is, does it stem from Word-press? This site had copied one of my hubs, yet it has no information on the story, or who copied it when I accessed the site a week ago. There does not seem to be information about the site at all.
    To make matters worse I just tried to go there again, and it now says forbidden access to the site and it won't allow me on.
    It is bugging me as I have a copied notice on my original hub by Hubpages, giving me this site as the demon that has duplicated my story, but I can't take any action as I can't even access it. Grrrrrr

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never heard of them but I would certainly let hubpages know that your hub was copied and file a DMCA complaint. I will go over there and maybe I can find something aobout them. It is upsetting I have been through it and it does peeve you off!

blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh thanks AE for coming yes Hubpages knows they put the copyright thing on my hub that is how I knew, they gave me the link to the copied hub but I can't go there. God can't people think of stories themselves.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For future reference, don't waste the HubPages team's time by letting them know.  They can't and won't do anything about it.  It's entirely the responsibility of the Hubber.

2. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Send a report to hubpages and do more research on that site so that you can contact them to clear the situation. It's serious and unfair! Good luck!

2. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

check this out! You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What does that mean? I can't check it out either o.k. we need a tekky! lololo

Fair dinkum it happened to you too. Carn the crows and shoot the cow I knew it wasn't the Midori.
      You are an angel.
      Now where is the good lookin Tekky???

3. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I'm not a techie, but maybe they've been cut off of their host server for whatever reasons...or your "key" doesn't fit their host server...or maybe they're not alive anymore--too much copied content?  Oh, I couldn't access their site either.

You think they died Beth?
      It is possible they were struck by lightning for their sin lol.
      They should never have written about my mole shoes, honestly.

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

More like run down!!!  lol  I've had a few of mine copied too.  How did you get the copyright thingy from HP?  I only discover my duplicated content by trial and error. 

Did you enjoy your prawn barbie-q the other night?  lol

oh god yes. Those two kilos of prawns went down like honey in a bee hive.
          BURPPPP

4. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

From what I can see something is wrong.
    Not that it's much help BUT if the site is down perhaps NOW your hub won't come up as a duplicate anymore.

Wow wsp that makes sense, yes and I wont have to worry. I hope that is the case. Fingers crossed.

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

The site may have been taken down. I also get an error message. I did find one cached page though that I was able to access.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:ZaR … &gl=us

Oh Sir Dent you got in. That link worked for me too but that was the only page it would open on. Wow thank god for a good man in times of crisis.
      Weird isn't it?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My opinion is the site was removed for copyright violations by their server. Of course I would keep an eye on it for a few days and see if it comes back online.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

That might mean the site was taken down? big_smile

That is possible Cags maybe it doesnt work anymore.

7. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I have had one hub article and one Associated content article copied. The ones who do this are people who are trying to create tons of articles with links to their main pages...they can be hard to track down sometimes. I used copyscape and entered the text info, it pulled up a couple matches I went to the matches through copyscape and found the contact us link, sent a nasty email with a link to my content stating that I would report to google,their domain host,and every major article directory if it wasn't removed. It was gone within 24 hours.

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

fast and effective.  i like this approach!  big_smile

he's the man hey Beth? I never would have thought of all this myself. I appreciate the help.

2. blondepoet profile image68

Wow that is some great info.
      Wow all these good looking tekkys coming along.
      You guys are true blue.
      I might just try this thanks heaps,

8. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

yikes  sorry blondepoet, huge drag sad

hey Lyrics you are in drag today? Oh my!! Do you need a beautician like myself to glue your moustache on hahah?

9. profile image0

Information on that site is located here.

http://www.sitelogr.com/s/zuzutop.com

I also found more cached pages.

http://web.archive.org/web/200806161007 … zutop.com/

Wow I saw that page too it just goes to show that old mate who copied my work could only pick a site that was going to fall apart.
      The fact it is so hard to access is great news to me, meaning I don't have to worry bout that drip who copied my work.
      Thanks so much to you guys you are awesome.

10. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

You ask, and you shall receive.  big_smile

11. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I will tell you the most common reason it gets copied is it is high in search results or popular on one of the bookmark sites, the copiers who are working for companies needing bulk articles copy them and then either spin them with software or just change a few words in hopes it doesn't get caught. they stick them up in places like article base and other article directories with high PR and place links to thier main page in them. Basically creating their backlinks with your work. If you have a topic that is popular or high in results run it through copyscape it will find the copies and I think it costs like 5 cents per search so pretty cheap unless you have hundreds of top ranking articles and if thats the case you probably arent going to lose much on dup content because your original will stay indexed and their dup crap will get the dup flag usually

Wow that is great info!!! I am going to do this. Damn thieves though.
      I had another guy who copied a hub. I tracked him down and gave him the biggest mouthful you ever have heard. It felt good lol.
      I must have scared him off with my threats of lawyers and suing, he soon took it down.

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let us know if you still need help!  We can get a few hubbers with baseball bats, together and pay them a visit!

12. profile image0

0 Google links

333 yahoo links can be accessed at link below.

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/es … uzutop.com

Omg omg see that top entry, about weird shoes that is my story the one that was copied. Can you believe it?

13. profile image0

I have had some of mine copied. Go figure why someone would want to copy hubs on Christian topics.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because believers would be attracted to it. Why else? smile

1. profile image0

No money in them. Thats what those who copy want is to make money from them.

No money? roll It's all about money. You just don't get it. hmm

1. profile image0

But I do get it. I know how much money is mnade from my hubs. It is very little.

I also know what you are talking about and not all of the church is about money. Of course that is a discussion for the religion forum, not here.

I was talking about the person who copied your work, did it to get money from christians? That's all. smile

1. profile image0

My apologies. Thanks for clarifying.

No problem. You're welcome. smile

Cos they are peas with no brains lol.

1. profile image0

Maybe they are peabrains.

Haaa yes!!!! As far as the guy goes who copied my shoe hub I hope he tried on one of my blonde shoes from my hub and he still hasn't been able to walk two feet to make it back to his PC to press the copy button on someone else.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/881491_f496.jpg

1. profile image0

Do you wear shoes like that BP?

1. profile image0

I heard that blondes have TGIF on their shoes. Toes Go In First. tonguetongue

oh yes I do Sir Dent but only when I'm near the table of savouries.

There are some mental cases out there. It seems it has happened to a lot of us.

14. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Blondepoet this sounds like a very serious infringement of your copy right as set down by Hub pages...so I would suggest that you make a report to those in charge.....sorry to hear that your were infringed..

15. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I would say that while they may not be able to do much about it they certainly could remove the "duplicate" label.  I would also say that they get PAID to read and/or respond to a lot of stuff whether they want to/can do anything about it or not.

It IS interesting to see what some people think of their capabilities and concerns though.

I have personally always gotten some kind of response every time I have contacted them.
    Did I waste their time?  I don't think it's a relevant question when they are employees of a company and are on the clock.

16. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

This site zuzutop.com is up and running.
    I see nothing wrong with the site as far as being blocked.

17. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

That is a wordpress run site it seems, contact adsense as it runs adsense ads, duplicate content can be dealt with quite quick these days.

There isn't any contact information on zztops website, so it's a scraper site I reckon!

18. profile image0

The site is back up and running with no actual contact info as was stated by waynet. You can get their adsense account by going to one of their pages and right click on the page somewhere then click view source. Click the edit button then find. Type in google_ad_client and it will find it on the page and highlight it for you. The account nhumber will follow right after.

You were advised earlier not to email HubPages team and I agree. There is nothing they can actually do. Since there is no real contact info on the site I would email google about the adsense account. Not sure if this will help you in any way. It is a hassle sometimes trying to get things made right.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi blonde, hope it is ok by now, some of my aricles are copied in different sites and keep track of some anymore, I wrote to some and others would not respond, for some I was blocked too,

20. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

God, there's always someone out there copying stuff.  Can't we send them a virus to blow up their computers?

21. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

One thing we can do is report such site to splogspot.com those sites will keep track of copied content. Most of those wordpress sites use wp-robot autoblogger which copies content from feeds/articles if URL is given.

22. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I am in no way a tekkie, but I am very sorry to hear of your problems and the "copy demon" dear..hope it gets cleared up soon!

23. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Send a DMCA, send a DMCA to their ISP as well.

If nothing happens follow it up with a legal threat, including a value of the writing ($20 per 100 words) and legal fees ($800).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)