ever been hurt by a so-called "best friend"

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Mariana Luna profile image60
    Mariana Lunaposted 14 years ago

well one day this guy i know he's all like "i love you your the best friend i could ever have" then out of the blue he begins to completely ignore me and it's so messed up because he is soo confusing he ignores me one day then the next he's all buddy bi=uddy what do i do?

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well first of all, you've been a member for a whole 13 minutes, try writing a hub about it.  Its a writers site smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey sock puppets are people too!....tongue

2. Krystal Blue profile image61
      Krystal Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was he under the influence? Is he bi-polar? Sounds like he may be young, if so, that's the problem, maybe he's being torn every which way. Until you know for sure, don't take anything he says seriously. Sit back and observe. Actions speak louder than words.

Mariana Lunaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no he's no druggy
        but its over between us now

3. profile image0
      reeltaulkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tell him to beat it!  He's crazy

4. profile image57
      Arisha Jonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well mariana I could only think of one possible anwere in this situation for as I know how it feels and the great ans is - He is just not that into you.
      find some real nice friends who can really value your emotions and with whom you can spend good time.

5. Robhastey profile image59
      Robhasteyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people are just like that...just be you..and you will be happy:)

6. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well I never called him my best friend, but I liked him and I called him friend.

the hurt?

As your title alludes, him and the ex...

but it was good in a way, because I knew he would be good to my kids and he opened the doorway in my mind to the divorce that I had wanted since the second week of my 18 year/century long marriage.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

ask him to explain exactly what is going on and why he is acting that way, instead of wondering about it, because filling in the blanks with all sorts of erroneous assumptions isn't going to help you (or him).

good luck.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Many times. I stopped calling people "best friends" when I got in to my teens. I once heard from a wise stranger that you'll never have a best friend outside of your family.

1. profile image0

I dont think that is true....family can be just a destructive as a stranger

2. KikiDee profile image62
      KikiDeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

3. Katharella profile image75
      Katharellaposted 14 years ago

I really have to agree/disagree smile with you on this Anti-Valentine. I have no family, well, I guess some blood relatives, but none who are there for me. I have had friends know me for a short time and we click like sisters should. But the part I really agree with is STOPPING USING THE TERM "Best Friends." I just wish it hadn't taken me this long to realize that.
      I have heard from a Vietnam Vet who asked me who was my best friend. My answer was my son. He said, yeah sure you love him, he loves you, but you are still wrong! Ok, so I ask him what then!? He replied a short profound, and very true reply.

We are each our own best friend, and our own worst enemy.

While I'm inclined to believe that is true, I wish it wasn't.
      My "so called" "best friend" of 25 years, was mad at me at my fathers funeral just days ago, and she took her anger out on me, and even displaying jealousy that other friend was there for me. It wasn't her fault her car broke down that day, but she was also upset, as she loved my dad too. She always said he was the father she wish she'd of had. But it was no reason for her to get upset because of my other friend who was there, and display jealousy, and slam the door in my face, drive off in a huff and not even to call or apologize for her childish behavior for over a week now. I had to write a hub about it, because as you say, it's just best to not use the term "best friends."

4. profile image0
      Elise Moreauposted 14 years ago

I had a friend randomly write a horrible note in her online journal, lashing out at everybody. She wished me (and my other friends) dead and said that we were all bitches, called most of us fat (she is super skinny and insecure), and ridiculed us to no end.

When I confronted her, she shrugged it off and tried to pass it off as one of her "mood swings," then continued to ridicule the way I act, of course, in a more composed and slightly polite manner.

I guess I can learn to forgive her within time, but I'd rather not socialize with her anymore and I haven't for the past couple of months since it happened.

5. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Yep I have been the best friend who had been backstabbed by others. So I did what I did best, push them away and tell them that I can't be friends who are only going to use me.
      They aren't friends of mine anymore and I stay away from them too.

6. caravalhophoto profile image60
      caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

So true...all my "best friends" are no longer in my life, I do not know where they live and havn't spoken to them in years.
      I have friends now, but find if I count only on myself, don't give advise and just smile with affirmatives...then my friends will be there, tell them the truth about anything...no more friends. I love my dog, he listens to me, doesn't talk back, always there and a great neck to hug while I cry and has better things to do rather than judge...he is truely my "Best Friend"

1. profile image0

I never claimed a best friend, even if they claimed we were.  I knew too many people when I was growing up, and don't want to know too many now that I am older.  Best friends, friends as well as acquaintances are all the same.  No one is more important than the other because nine times out of ten they are either envious, nosy, two face or ready to stab you in the back and kill you if it were possible.  My immediate family is all that matters and is where my dedication and loyalty lies!

Vonda G. Nelson

7. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Yep.  My best friend from grade school was only nice in private once we got to high school. 

Since you 'best friend' is a guy friend, it be that he meant so much more by what he said, but doesn't know what to do with his feelings. 

Before my husband and I were dating, he would say similar things, then not talk to me for a week or two.  He simply did not know how to handle himself and was not ready for a relationship.

8. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I have had friends who used me and my SO @ the time would turn around and point out that I'm way too trusting and please discontinue this particular friendship tongue lol. As for your problem well,somebody acted like that towards me, I would figure he's playing games and I have better things to do, ciao wink but that's me. big_smile

9. Unspoken silver profile image60
      Unspoken silverposted 14 years ago

Best friend + My Boyfriend = Bad new years eve.

1. profile image57
        Arisha Jonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dump both + move on = you'll soon be okay!!

Mariana Lunaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are so right and that is what i did

10. profile image0
      Smooth as Silkposted 14 years ago

Friends will be there for you and others won't.  It's just that simple.

11. bojanglesk8 profile image59
      bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

I don't have any fwends... *sad face*

1. profile image0
        Smooth as Silkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No friends huh?  Why not?

12. lola oyedotun profile image80
      lola oyedotunposted 14 years ago

I had this so called close friend that was a sell out instead of been a friend. every single thing i told her was heard by others, i didnt realise until it was too late

13. profile image50
      The Individualsposted 14 years ago

Ive never been hurt by a so called best friend! But i have been the one who did the hurting. I decided i wasnt worthing after what i had done to be her best friend anymore so i fazed out our friendship and we now rarely talk.

14. marcel285 profile image63
      marcel285posted 14 years ago

Mariana Luna, Your issue sounds very similar to that of one with my sister. My sister met her best friend, Johny, when she was going out with her ex, whom is also best friends with Johny.

My sister became infatuated with Johny, when she met him, and still is, about 10 months after breaking up with her bf, because she wanted to be with Johny. Johny indicated that he fancied her too, but said they couldn't be together for a while, because my sisters bf/ex, Alfie, is Johny's other best friend.

So my sister has broken up with Alfie, and the dust has settled, my sister and Alfie are now good friends, and love each other like brother and sister. But since, Johny has kind of gone off her, yet his behavior is very strange..

Sometimes, when they are partying, Johny will follow her around, running up to her, kissing her, and running away. My sister put her foot down about it, and said, 'you can't do that, if you want to be with me you can, if you don't, then you can't do that again.' Johny said to that, 'Well i can't promise it won't happen again.' My sister says, 'well you have to, unless you want to be with me.' And he just says he can't be with her, but can't promise that he wont try come on to her again.

My sister is pretty young, 19, but she's no dummy, she's at uni, studying to become an accountant, so obviously she's fairly intelligent..

I have told her that he doesn't sound like much of a best friend to me, and that she could do without 'friends' like that, but she won't listen and she doesn't know what to do about it.

She's clearly not willing to let him go from her life just yet, she's just says to me 'BUT he's my best frieeend!!, I love him, he makes me happy, i enjoy my time with him.'..'but what do i do about Johny's behavior?'

Well, if she's not willing to let him go from her life, I'm buggered if i know.

15. profile image52
      rialeeposted 14 years ago

I currently have a "friendship" with a man who says we are very, very close friends and that I know him better than his own Dad. BUT we live a distance of about 500 km/ 800 miles apart so we cannot have face-to-face or even turn it into an intimate relationship. However, we txt, email, phone chat and msn everyday. This happens more than once /day and sometimes simultaneously. We laugh and talk about taboo subjects, we are connected as far as knowing when the other is sick or feeling blue OR even when something good happens. We spent a whole weekend together but didn't have sex (at the time he though he was in a relationship which he later found out she had moved on and he didn't know it).
      Anyway, we are supposed to be just friends. I love everything bout this guy. This situation hurts.
      The rest of my life is pretty good its just this part.
      cheers

16. marcel285 profile image63
      marcel285posted 14 years ago

That is not that far. If you really want it, get in your car and go get it.

1. profile image52
        rialeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hunni
        Never assume! I don't have a car AND he says we are just very, very good friends.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)